PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons on Broncos-Chargers

BroncoWave
01-11-2014, 11:43 AM
I find this noteworthy because usually he takes every chance he can get to pick against Manning and the Broncos in the playoffs. Hopefully he is right this time!

BRONCOS (-9.5) over Chargers

Key Player: Gee, I wonder if Peyton Manning will be motivated by the following story lines: "You're the greatest regular-season QB ever, but when the playoffs start, it's a different story" … "Phil Rivers beat you as a huge road underdog in the 2007 playoffs and he's ready to do it again" … "Do you realize you've blown three home games in Round 2 as a prohibitive home favorite?" … "You can't play in cold weather" … "San Diego won in Denver in Week 15 and could absolutely do it again" … "The Chargers might be a team of destiny!!!"

Why You Eventually Regretted Taking the Chargers: So the Chargers beat Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton in a playoff game. Wow! Congratulations, fellas! What an impossible task! Now they're going into Denver and beating a fired-up juggernaut that just scored more than 600 points, and they're going to be doing that for the second time in four weeks? And that's happening because of the Pope and a general lack of belief in a team that, by the way, was 5-7 after 12 games????? Are you on drugs? No wonder you lost money all season.

The Pick: Denver 48, San Diego 28

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10273137/view/full/bill-simmons-nfl-playoffs

gregbroncs
01-11-2014, 12:52 PM
That dude should stop picking games. He shows his record at the bottom and is way less than .500.

Good read though.

VonDoom
01-11-2014, 03:00 PM
I generally enjoy Simmons. However, he takes too many shots at Manning for me to even read any Bronco-related story he posts. I wish he had picked the Chargers, though; dude has been terrible at picking games this year.

chazoe60
01-11-2014, 04:47 PM
I bet he picked the Pats to win by eleventy-billion.