PDA

View Full Version : Derek Wolfe listed out for Broncos in playoff game vs. Chargers

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2014, 04:01 PM
The injury report for Broncos coach John Fox was short and with no surprises Friday, two days before the divisional playoff game against the San Diego Chargers at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

Fox listed only defensive lineman Derek Wolfe as being out for the game. Wolfe has been sidelined most of the season after suffering seizure symptoms Nov. 29 — two days before a game against the Chiefs at Kansas City. He has returned only briefly to the practice field since, but has not been available for game duty.

Otherwise, Fox listed everyone available, including defensive back Rahim Moore, who has missed time with a leg injury. As has been the case, Fox didn't provide details on projected playing time against the Chargers.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24886497/derek-wolfe-listed-out-broncos-playoff-game-vs-chargers

Dzone
01-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Seriously? Rahim is back? Hope so. That would be great!

Joel
01-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Even if he's back, doesn't going on temporary IR when he did mean Moore can't play till the AFCCG? I wish him the best of healthy, but still prefer Adams at FS anyway. I'm more concerned Wolfe's still out, and it sounds like he's done for the year, because I have far less faith in Mincey run stopping as well as Wolfe or Ayers pass rushing as well. Unless our front seven does its two primary jobs (i.e. stop the run and rush the passer) it won't matter what our secondary does or doesn't.

VonDoom
01-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Seriously? Rahim is back? Hope so. That would be great!

Something doesn't seem right here - I wonder if this article is incorrect. Moore was eligible to practice this week but didn't; I don't think he could have returned until the AFCCG anyway. Fox was even quoted recently as saying something like, "It was always a long shot that he'd be back this year."

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Something doesn't seem right here - I wonder if this article is incorrect. Moore was eligible to practice this week but didn't; I don't think he could have returned until the AFCCG anyway. Fox was even quoted recently as saying something like, "It was always a long shot that he'd be back this year."

I'm beginning to wonder also if the article is incorrect.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2014, 04:57 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Final-HealthONE-Injury-Report/89256029-51b8-4c35-8a72-a460dae2e48e

tomjonesrocks
01-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Even if he's back, doesn't going on temporary IR when he did mean Moore can't play till the AFCCG? I wish him the best of healthy, but still prefer Adams at FS anyway. I'm more concerned Wolfe's still out, and it sounds like he's done for the year, because I have far less faith in Mincey run stopping as well as Wolfe or Ayers pass rushing as well. Unless our front seven does its two primary jobs (i.e. stop the run and rush the passer) it won't matter what our secondary does or doesn't.

We've discussed this before but agree -- am fine without Moore. Adams has done a great job (as expected) and Rahim Moore is Rahim Moore. Adams is straight up the better player with none of the baggage. If Moore was 100 percent I'd play him sparingly if at all.

This Wolfe thing is so mysterioso you reallly can't help but worry about the guy, football aside. I can't really think of another player ever that went down will "illness" our of nowhere while the details were kept so under wraps.

Joel
01-10-2014, 05:16 PM
We've discussed this before but agree -- am fine without Moore. Adams has done a great job (as expected) and Rahim Moore is Rahim Moore.

This Wolfe thing is so mysterioso you reallly can't help but worry about the guy, football aside. I can't really think of another player ever that went down will "illness" our of nowhere while the details were kept so under wraps.
It just gets scarier the longer the mystery endures. Wolfe's a major loss for us, because he really did remind me of Trevor Pryce occasionally. Very few DEs are excellent pass rushers AND run stoppers, but Wolfe's one of them, and the opportunities he created (or exploited) in tandem with Miller made our defensive incalcuably better when both were on the field, because blockers few blockers can handle either one-on-one and doubling BOTH of them is impractical. Ultimately though it comes down to priorities; that's why there are only two Manning brothers in the NFL.

I hope and pray he's fully healthy soon, but don't expect him back at all this year (IIRC, someone said he can't play until he's practiced for two weeks anyway, so it's unlikely we see him on the field again this season.) The unknown's a very scary place with symptoms as serious as his, but being unknown it could prove to be nothing, so fingers crossed.

tomjonesrocks
01-10-2014, 05:43 PM
It just gets scarier the longer the mystery endures. Wolfe's a major loss for us, because he really did remind me of Trevor Pryce occasionally. Very few DEs are excellent pass rushers AND run stoppers, but Wolfe's one of them, and the opportunities he created (or exploited) in tandem with Miller made our defensive incalcuably better when both were on the field, because blockers few blockers can handle either one-on-one and doubling BOTH of them is impractical. Ultimately though it comes down to priorities; that's why there are only two Manning brothers in the NFL. I hope and pray he's fully healthy soon, but don't expect him back at all this year (IIRC, someone said he can't play until he's practiced for two weeks anyway, so it's unlikely we see him on the field again this season.)

The unknown's a very scary place with symptoms as serious as his, but being unknown it could prove to be nothing, so fingers crossed. HIPAA aside, it's worrisome that there's even a desire to hide the illness.

Only reasons I can think of would be something VERY bad, or VERY embarrassing. Am I looking at it the wrong way?

Maybe Wolfe is just a very private person and doesn't want fans to speculate he SHOULD be playing when they don't know what they are talking about.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2014, 05:59 PM
HIPAA aside, it's worrisome that there's even a desire to hide the illness.

Only reasons I can think of would be something VERY bad, or VERY embarrassing. Am I looking at it the wrong way?

Maybe Wolfe is just a very private person and doesn't want fans to speculate he SHOULD be playing when they don't know what they are talking about.

I have been thinking about what may be wrong, and I am wondering if it is now mental, because of what he went thru on the field with the neck injury. That had to be very scarry. I know after he returned to Denver, he was ask if that would affect him playing, the way he played, etc., and he said no. But then, on the bus ride to the airport, it was reported that he suffered seizures. I am wondering if he did not get so mentally worked up, thinking about what had happened, that what has been stated as seizures, was caused by stress, realizing that he was on his way to play another game, and it brought back memories from what happened with the neck injury.

Like I said - I am just wondering.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-10-2014, 06:04 PM
I have been thinking about what may be wrong, and I am wondering if it is now mental, because of what he went thru on the field with the neck injury. That had to be very scarry. I know after he returned to Denver, he was ask if that would affect him playing, the way he played, etc., and he said no. But then, on the bus ride to the airport, it was reported that he suffered seizures. I am wondering if he did not get so mentally worked up, thinking about what had happened, that what has been stated as seizures, was caused by stress, realizing that he was on his way to play another game, and it brought back memories from what happened with the neck injury.

Like I said - I am just wondering.

I think an actual spinal injury is a lot more likely to be the cause of that.

Broncolingus
01-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Would be nice to know a little more about what's going on with him (Wolfe)...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-10-2014, 06:08 PM
I was skeptical when the seizures happened. It seemed like the team was awfully quick to state it wasn't a result of the spinal injury before the doctors could even diagnose what was wrong with him. It was the evening he went to the hospital when they released the statement.

It left a bad taste in my mouth like the league\team was pulling one of it's spinal injury cover ups.

Ravage!!!
01-10-2014, 06:21 PM
I was skeptical when the seizures happened. It seemed like the team was awfully quick to state it wasn't a result of the spinal injury before the doctors could even diagnose what was wrong with him. It was the evening he went to the hospital when they released the statement.

It left a bad taste in my mouth like the league\team was pulling one of it's spinal injury cover ups.

Or they knew of a prior condition, one Wolfe doesn't want released, that can cause seizures. That to me seems more likely.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Or they knew of a prior condition, one Wolfe doesn't want released, that can cause seizures. That to me seems more likely.

Who knows man, I just know the league's history with covering up spinal injuries and brain trauma is not impressive.

Ravage!!!
01-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Who knows man, I just know the league's history with covering up spinal injuries and brain trauma is not impressive.

true

Joel
01-10-2014, 07:28 PM
That, in a nutshell, is what got them in so much legal trouble they coughed up nearly a billion dollars just to be rid of it for good. It's also the problem with saying players know what they're getting into and factor it into their salary requests (or should.) About all they really know is that SOME degree of risk exists, but its size and severity is unsure because the NFL made sure of that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-10-2014, 07:31 PM
That, in a nutshell, is what got them in so much legal trouble they coughed up nearly a billion dollars just to be rid of it for good. It's also the problem with saying players know what they're getting into and factor it into their salary requests (or should.) About all they really know is that SOME degree of risk exists, but its size and severity is unsure because the NFL made sure of that.

They are still in a stance of denial Joe. They haven't changed their stance, even with the settlement. They had a settlement, in which they still deny liability.

Dzone
01-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Maybe he has a contused brain stem. That could cause a lot of problems

tubby
01-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Pretty sure it's the HIV

Joel
01-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Pretty sure it's the HIV
No, you're thinking of Michael Vick. ;)