PDA

View Full Version : Manning's Eyes on Opportunity

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Peyton Manning said opportunities like this Sunday at Sports Authority Field at Mile High are what the team has worked all year for.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- This is what the Broncos have been working toward.

Ever since the team walked out of frigid Sports Authority Field at Mile High last January, fresh off a heartbreaking, double-overtime loss to the eventual Super Bowl-champion Baltimore Ravens, the Broncos have been motivated to get back to the playoffs and reverse the outcome.

“I think we’ve kind of used that throughout the season," quarterback Peyton Manning said. "We talked about that going into the month of April, with our weightlifting and our offseason training, about using that to fuel you, to make you do an extra set of sprints or an extra set of squats, whatever it may be. We’ve used it on the practice field."

rest - plus video http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Mannings-Eyes-on-Opportunity/e3cc2474-da8c-40c9-994b-d17d5a807f72

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2014, 07:58 PM
In the locker room Wednesday, players talked about the win-or-go-home mindset required in the postseason.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- For the Broncos, the 2013 season has felt very business-like.

After each one of their 13 wins, there wasn't a lot of celebration in the locker room. Winning the AFC West for the third consecutive season? That was just the first goal. Earning the AFC's No. 1 seed? Goal number two.

But the ultimate goal was always there in the back of their minds.

"Every team wants to start the beginning of the year and set their sights on the Super Bowl at the end of the deal. It’s been no different for us," tight end Jacob Tamme. "We focus each week, but the long vision—the sight out on the horizon—is getting to the Super Bowl and finding a way to win that game. In order to do that, we have to find a way to win this one. And that is all that matters right now.”

rest - plus player videos - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Playoff-Mentality/9f6d0d01-9ff0-4935-a39e-1d339256c63c

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Chargers Head Coach Mike McCoy and quarterback Philip Rivers discussed Sunday's AFC Divisional Round showdown on a conference call with the Denver media.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The year has changed – and so have the stakes – but for Chargers Head Coach Mike McCoy, the approach to Sunday’s AFC Divisional Round playoff game against the Broncos in Denver remains no different from when the teams last met a month ago at Sports Authority Field in Mile High.

“It’s another game to us,” McCoy said during a conference call with the Denver media on Wednesday. “When you look at it, we’re going to play the same. It’s another game you’ve got to go in and play. We’re going to do what we do, the coaches are going to put their best game plan together, and go out and have the players execute it.”

The Chargers emerged from that Dec. 12 showdown with the Broncos victorious – just as they have in each of their last five games. Last Sunday, they went into Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati and defeated the NFC North-champion Bengals 27-10 – traveling a course that has led them from being on the verge of elimination from playoff contention at the onset of December to a January rematch with the Broncos, with a trip to the AFC Championship Game on the line.

rest - plus video - Bronco players - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/What-Theyre-Saying-McCoy-Rivers/35e9459b-c04f-4978-bbdb-589edb5c3351

Traveler
01-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Many of the NFL television & radio types are predicting another Manning playoff loss, or meltdown. I'll be quite shocked if Manning or the defense plays badly this weekend

SR
01-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Many of the NFL television & radio types are predicting another Manning playoff loss, or meltdown. I'll be quite shocked if Manning or the defense plays badly this weekend

Vegas still has Denver at nine point favorites last time I saw.

artie_dale
01-09-2014, 11:46 AM
I think the biggest difference between that last SD game and this one on Sunday, will be Wes Welker. Irving has some time under his belt as well. Without Von in there, the defense's approach will be different so the defense won't be the same as it was when SD ran all over us (not sure if that's a good or bad thing).

I do believe one thing... Mike McCoy's familiarity with our entire team (Coaching Peyton and the offense last season and practicing against our defense last season), he could very well have an advantage if he can translate to his Chargers team any weaknesses he might have identified coaching us last year.

Ravage!!!
01-09-2014, 11:54 AM
I think the biggest difference between that last SD game and this one on Sunday, will be Wes Welker. Irving has some time under his belt as well. Without Von in there, the defense's approach will be different so the defense won't be the same as it was when SD ran all over us (not sure if that's a good or bad thing).

I do believe one thing... Mike McCoy's familiarity with our entire team (Coaching Peyton and the offense last season and practicing against our defense last season), he could very well have an advantage if he can translate to his Chargers team any weaknesses he might have identified coaching us last year.

DRC also wasn't in the last game vs San Diego

artie_dale
01-09-2014, 12:01 PM
DRC also wasn't in the last game vs San Diego

More good news. I think Keenan Allen had a pretty good game against us. If we can remove him from the equation, it'll be easier to defend the run. Gates is still a 3rd down threat, but he's lost a step and hasn't been much of an endzone threat this season. I think we can contain him.

Shazam!
01-09-2014, 06:51 PM

It actually sickens me.

You'd think Denver was the 6 Seed playing at the 1 Seed.

Nearly every 'expert' and 'analyst' seems to be picking SD and talks like Denver should forfeit the game and they have no business being on the field with the SD juggernaut.

My hope is a lot of people on the coaching staff and in the locker room are aware of this.

MOtorboat
01-09-2014, 07:10 PM
It actually sickens me.

Nearly every 'expert' and 'analyst' seems to be picking SD and talks like Denver should forfeit the game and they have no business being on the field with the SD juggernaut.

My hope is a lot of people on the coaching staff and in the locker room are aware of this.

I always wonder how people get stuff like this in their head...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/19

Out of 22 prominent ESPN and CBS analysts, two have picked San Diego.

This site says nearly 90 percent of the experts and analysts out there are picking Denver...
http://pickwatch.nflpickwatch.com/p/weekly-picks.html

Shazam!
01-09-2014, 07:28 PM
It actually sickens me.

I always wonder how people get stuff like this in their head...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/19

Out of 22 prominent ESPN and CBS analysts, two have picked San Diego.

This site says nearly 90 percent of the experts and analysts out there are picking Denver...
http://pickwatch.nflpickwatch.com/p/weekly-picks.html

Wow, thanks Mo for telling me that I did not read or see what I have been hearing or seeing.

Holy crap man get over yourself.

Some of these guys actually bring up that SD played at Philly in Week 1, and the last few SB champs opened at Philly so they're a lock.

Nomad
01-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Manning will lead us to the promise land..... no meltdown this time...... though the Chargers have always given him fits throughout his career.

FanInAZ
01-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Wow, thanks Mo for telling me that I did not read or see what I have been hearing or seeing.

Some of these guys actually bring up that SD played at Philly in Week 1, and the last few SB champs opened at Philly so they're a lock.

I've no doubt that you & Traveler have read & listen to those who represent the view of about 10% of the "experts." MO simply made it clear that about 90% of the "experts" disagree with the 10% that you & Traveler spend so much time reading & listening to.

MOtorboat
01-09-2014, 07:51 PM

You specified no one specifically, and even when countering had nothing but "some of these guys" and then some vague personal attack. Yes, I am questioning what you saw because you have zero specifics. So, who?

artie_dale
01-10-2014, 08:09 AM
Denver plays with intensity on Sunday. They play with their backs against the wall. They play with nothing to lose. With a healthy Welker & DRC, a high on emotion Knowshon, a determined Peyton Manning, and a vengeful Shaun Phillips, our Denver Broncos are going to play full throttle and destroy any inkling that San Diego is any good.

I'm sick of having my doubts about this game. Denver's got all the tools it needs. They just gotta go out there and do it. I hope I see a pissed off Bronco team come Sunday.

artie_dale
01-10-2014, 08:12 AM

SD played Philly in week 2, so... either those professional analyst are off their rocker... or someone is misquoting somewhere.

MOtorboat
01-10-2014, 08:33 AM
SD played Philly in week 2, so... either those professional analyst are off their rocker... or someone is misquoting somewhere.

The funny streak refers to Philly's home opener and goes back to 2009: New Orleans in 2009, Green Bay in 2010, New York in 2011, Baltimore in 2012.

I doubt anyone was seriously picking based on that funny/weird streak.

TXBRONC
01-10-2014, 09:59 AM

The last four Super Bowl winner (I think) have all played the Eagles in their season home opener so it's a misquote.

Northman
01-10-2014, 10:06 AM

Sadly, i wont be surprised. This team is either hit or miss. lol

artie_dale
01-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Sadly, i wont be surprised. This team is either hit or miss. lol

Back's against the wall, North. They have no choice but to play that way. Yeah, all the pressure is on them at many levels, but it is what it is. Play like you can and the rest will take care of itself.

chazoe60
01-10-2014, 11:22 AM

I think the biggest difference will be attitude. I was at that Charger game in December, the only other time I've seen the Broncos that flat and lethargic was the Lions game in the Tebow era.

Even on the sidelines and during timeouts the team just looked like they wanted to be anywhere else but there. I think we come out looking for blood Sunday.

Northman
01-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Back's against the wall, North. They have no choice but to play that way. Yeah, all the pressure is on them at many levels, but it is what it is. Play like you can and the rest will take care of itself.

Thats the hope anyway. Its now or never.

artie_dale
01-10-2014, 11:47 AM
I think the biggest difference will be attitude. I was at that Charger game in December, the only other time I've seen the Broncos that flat and lethargic was the Lions game in the Tebow era.

Even on the sidelines and during timeouts the team just looked like they wanted to be anywhere else but there. I think we come out looking for blood Sunday.

Yeah man. Lights out, demolish, and remove all doubt that the Broncos can play like everyone believes they can. If the Defense can find itself on Sunday, we are Super Bowl bound.

Nomad
01-10-2014, 04:04 PM

Please do not go to this game! TIA:D