PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday HealthONE Injury Report - Broncos/Chargers

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2014, 05:58 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Wednesday-HealthONE-Injury-Report/cebc50d4-7df5-49e9-b402-95a9594d5688

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-08-2014, 06:06 PM
That sucks about Wolfe. I have a sick feeling he might be done with football. I hope I'm wrong, and I'm not trying to forecast. It's just a sick feeling.

olathebroncofan
01-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Do we have an update for this?

Also, what ever happened to quanteus(sic) Smith?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-10-2014, 02:52 PM

There was an update posted for yesterday's injury report. Today's will come out around 4pm. Quanterius Smith was placed on season ending IR.

chazoe60
01-10-2014, 02:52 PM

I believe he was placed on season ending IR before the season even started. He definitely it ley has potential and I think the staff was just willing to write this year off and let him get back to 100%

Ravage!!!
01-10-2014, 03:16 PM
I believe he was placed on season ending IR before the season even started. He definitely it ley has potential and I think the staff was just willing to write this year off and let him get back to 100%

Agreed. I think we got a steal with him in the draft, and the reason we did is because we knew this season was going to be a write off on him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Agreed. I think we got a steal with him in the draft, and the reason we did is because we knew this season was going to be a write off on him.

I guess that's a luxury you have when you have good depth. You can actually develop players. It's been a while since we've had that kind of depth in Denver.

Ravage!!!
01-10-2014, 03:19 PM
That sucks about Wolfe. I have a sick feeling he might be done with football. I hope I'm wrong, and I'm not trying to forecast. It's just a sick feeling.

Yeah.. I hope you are wrong on this as well.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Yeah.. I hope you are wrong on this as well.

I got the perception the team\league was trying to protect itself from liability too quick. Less than 12 hours after he was taken to the hospital with seizures they released a statement that they didn't know what the issue was, but they knew it wasn't related to his injury. How could they possibly know that if they couldn't even diagnose what was wrong with him? The league will go to some pretty disgusting lengths to protect itself from neck and spine injury liability.

olathebroncofan
01-10-2014, 03:27 PM

He was the one injured during his final season correct?

I'm going we can put some pressures on rivers with some of his oline out.

Mike
01-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Some key ones SD listed

Clary DNP Thurs/Fri
Fluker practiced (limited) Thurs/Fri
Hardwick practiced (limited) Fri
Matthews was out all week including today
Royal was out all week too

http://www.chargers.com/team/injury-report.html

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Some key ones SD listed

Clary DNP Thurs/Fri
Fluker practiced (limited) Thurs/Fri
Hardwick practiced (limited) Fri
Matthews was out all week including today
Royal was out all week too

http://www.chargers.com/team/injury-report.html

That's interesting, I had a feeling they'd try to get one practice in for Hardwick so he'd be eligible. It looks like there will be no Matthews.

tripp
01-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Thing is even if Mathews starts, he won't be 100% which means a whole deal to us. A good hit on him could have him sit out for the rest of the day. I wouldn't be too worried if he is active on Sunday.