PDA

View Full Version : Elway: 'So the Excitement Begins'

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2014, 06:28 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- “So the excitement begins.”

Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway was swift in his narrative of the Broncos’ upcoming return to postseason football – just five days from now, when they will take the field against the Chargers in Sunday’s AFC Divisional Round Playoff game. After all, the Hall of Fame quarterback has certainly seen his share of playoff football over the years.

Elway discussed Sunday’s game with Chris Hall of Broncos TV during his weekly Elway Access podcast – presented by US Bank FlexPerks – noting that part of what makes the NFL playoffs so exhilarating is that they represent a culmination of sorts for all of the work that has been undertaken throughout the last 12 months.

“This is the exciting time of the season – where you get to the point where you’re in the playoffs,” Elway said. “This is what the team has started working (towards) since April, what the personnel side – we’ve started doing since last January, when the last game was over, to try to improve this football team and get back where we are right now. It’s a very exciting time of the year, so I really can’t wait until we get out there on Sunday.”

rest - plus video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Elway-So-the-Excitement-Begins/7e2a9b29-efe9-49ec-a676-7ede03a0a68e

Nomad
01-07-2014, 06:48 PM
I know I'm anxious and excited for a BRONCOS win on Sunday.