PDA

View Full Version : John Fox: Chargers showed running, defense win in the playoffs

Ziggy
01-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 6, 2014, 6:35 PM EST

Oakland Raiders v Denver Broncos
Getty Images

Broncos coach John Fox was impressed with the way the Chargers handled the Bengals on Sunday in Cincinnati, and Fox thinks his own team is going to have its hands full when the Chargers come to town this weekend.

Fox told reporters today that the Chargers employed a time-honored formula for winning football in January when they beat the Bengals.

“They did it rushing the ball effectively and taking it away on defense, and that formula works. I think it’s been proven over time, and they did a tremendous job,” Fox said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/06/john-fox-chargers-showed-running-defense-win-in-the-playoffs/

He's right. Now the question is, how conservative will he get?

SoCalImport
01-06-2014, 07:40 PM
hmm.. well that is how Peyton won his ring. If he wants to put up pedestrian passing states and we win the old fasioned way..fine with me/you/everyone but I think he comes out gunnin.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-06-2014, 07:52 PM
hmm.. well that is how Peyton won his ring. If he wants to put up pedestrian passing states and we win the old fasioned way..fine with me/you/everyone but I think he comes out gunnin.

I would agree...live by the sword, die by the sword.

Now, if SD gets caught with their pants down in nickel and dime sets I would expect to see a heavy dose of running plays.

silkamilkamonico
01-06-2014, 10:39 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/06/john-fox-chargers-showed-running-defense-win-in-the-playoffs/

He's right. Now the question is, how conservative will he get?

Might not be allowed to.

I can honestly see the Chargers completely draining the clock, and would not be surprised at all if the offense only has it 7 or 8 times all game.

Army Bronco
01-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Wasn't that last game against SD where both WW and JT sat out? And wasn't there one critical penalty that kept the Charger offense on the field longer , killing the clock? So, they don't make that mistake again and both WW and JT are playing. Broncos by 14.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Wasn't that last game against SD where both WW and JT sat out? And wasn't there one critical penalty that kept the Charger offense on the field longer , killing the clock? So, they don't make that mistake again and both WW and JT are playing. Broncos by 14.

Yes to WW, don't remember if JT also sat out. Also, I think Peyton was still having ankle problems then.

weazel
01-07-2014, 12:27 AM
sounds good to me, maybe Denver should find a defense!