PDA

View Full Version : Broncos have surprise on their side

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2009, 09:00 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/11/broncos-have-surprise-on-their-side/

It’s simple: The Bengals defense cannot prepare for everything the Broncos offense could do Sunday.

That’s because even the Broncos haven’t seen it all for themselves. Quarterback Kyle Orton, running back Knowshon Moreno and wide receiver Brandon Marshall did not play a single preseason game together.

Put that with the fact that Jabar Gaffney missed time as did running back LaMont Jordan, the picture is fairly incomplete.

So exactly what the Broncos will do with those players come Sunday will be a bit of a mystery to the Bengals, at least initially.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, a long-time defensive coordinator, will most certainly have scoured Josh McDaniels’ work as Patriots offensive coordinator as well as how the Broncos aligned themselves in the preseason to make a gameplan.

But for the rest of the picture, the Bengals will have to adjust on the fly, even more than a usual NFL Sunday so there just might be some room for the Broncos to snap off a big play early with a little something they haven’t shown yet.

scott.475
09-11-2009, 09:19 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/11/broncos-have-surprise-on-their-side/

That’s because even the Broncos haven’t seen it all for themselves. Quarterback Kyle Orton, running back Knowshon Moreno and wide receiver Brandon Marshall did not play a single preseason game together.

Soooo, it's going to be just as big a surprise to us as to them?

OrangeHoof
09-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Well, it's basically true. Our offensive weapons will be largely strangers to each other. They should probably come out wearing those "Hello! My name is ________ ." stickers sewn onto their jersies.

Like I've said, the Broncos are essentially an expansion team right now.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Soooo, it's going to be just as big a surprise to us as to them?

Hopefully that is what we were practicing on this week, but it won't be available on game film to the Bengals.

Superchop 7
09-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I would prepare for the "only" NFL system Josh knows.

oubronco
09-11-2009, 10:24 PM
don't forget Marshall he hasn't played with the first stringers as well Buckle up it's going to be fun

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Maybe I have my ORANGE colored glasses on, but I think we Bronco fans might be in for a pleasant surprise.

DenBronx
09-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Maybe I have my ORANGE colored glasses on, but I think we Bronco fans might be in for a pleasant surprise.

I hope your right Carol. It would be nice to start out with a win this year. We did look much better on defense in preseason. I hope Marshall plays alot tommorow because he is an unstoppable force.

LordTrychon
09-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Well, it's basically true. Our offensive weapons will be largely strangers to each other. They should probably come out wearing those "Hello! My name is ________ ." stickers sewn onto their jersies.

Like I've said, the Broncos are essentially an expansion team right now.

I was going to high five the first part of this post... it made me laugh...

The second part made me :tsk:.

Kaylore
09-11-2009, 11:45 PM
I was going to high five the first part of this post... it made me laugh...

The second part made me :tsk:.

McDaniels said in his press conference today that "not too many people outside of these walls know what this team is going to look like." You can go ahead and add orangehoof to the list of people that not only think they know, but are so convinced of what hasn't happened yet they are already upset about it.

Davii
09-11-2009, 11:50 PM
McDaniels said in his press conference today that "not too many people outside of these walls know what this team is going to look like." You can go ahead and add orangehoof to the list of people that not only think they know, but are so convinced of what hasn't happened yet they are already upset about it.

I think they're going to be better than most are giving the chance for them to be.

I hope this blog is right, I would love to see some big plays early, especially if they wind up on the scoreboard.

LordTrychon
09-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Now where did I put that list?

It's a long one... how could I lose it?...

Oh yeah. I forgot I was too lazy to start it. It won't matter soon enough. :beer:

Ravage!!!
09-12-2009, 10:11 AM
actually he said "Not many outside these walls have a better idea of what we THINK we can do".... what do they think they can do? the coach didn't elaborate :D

Kaylore
09-12-2009, 11:02 AM
actually he said "Not many outside these walls have a better idea of what we THINK we can do".... what do they think they can do? the coach didn't elaborate :D

I think they can win 8-9 games. I might be wrong. However unlike the rest of the bitter Cutler widows in Broncoland, I'm going to watch the team for a few games before I demand someone's head.

If they suck, enjoy the Rockies! What a game last night! :cool:

muse
09-12-2009, 11:39 AM

I have a bad feeling it's something along the lines of this... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbUpPVOEkdA)

MasterShake
09-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Oh, we have a surprise all right...

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/surprise.jpg

dogfish
09-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Oh, we have a surprise all right...

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/surprise.jpg

better that than this:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5291/061224buttsecks.gif (http://img171.imageshack.us/i/061224buttsecks.gif/)

:shocked:

LordTrychon
09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Aww.... I just saw this thread again, and it hit me differently than last night... I was just going to make an 'Insert Dreadnought lounge joke' here joke.

*sigh* Beat me to it.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I am watching the Josh McDaniels' Coaches Show on Ch4 now, and Josh just said that he does not script the first 5, 10, or 15 plays.

LordTrychon
09-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I am watching the Josh McDaniels' Coaches Show on Ch4 now, and Josh just said that he does not script the first 5, 10, or 15 plays.

Interesting.

I think I'll miss that... but everyone's got a different approach. :salute:

muse
09-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Interesting.

I think I'll miss that... but everyone's got a different approach. :salute:

Same, Shanny's script was usually pretty damn good. Although less so afterwards, especially in the 3rd Quarter.

Orange7
09-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Who knew that suprise was a deflected pass falling right into Stokley's hands? :D

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I wanna see where he scripted that TD pass ;) :lol:

Nomad
09-13-2009, 03:24 PM
I wanna see where he scripted that TD pass ;) :lol:

I like that play the Vikings scripted on us years ago when Moss catches the ball and tosses it back to another receiver when getting tackled. I believe we lost that game because of that play!!

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 03:40 PM
I like that play the Vikings scripted on us years ago when Moss catches the ball and tosses it back to another receiver when getting tackled. I believe we lost that game because of that play!!
But didn't they nick that off us after Eddie Mac mad that pinball catch against them way back when? :lol:

Dirk
09-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I'll take that Stokes surprise! 1-0 baby! Even though it was bizzare....still....1-0!!

MasterShake
09-13-2009, 03:43 PM
I'll take that Stokes surprise! 1-0 baby! Even though it was bizzare....still....1-0!!

We are a quarter of the way to our win total predicted by the "experts" who pegged us as 4 pt underdogs today.

Dirk
09-13-2009, 03:47 PM
We are a quarter of the way to our win total predicted by the "experts" who pegged us as 4 pt underdogs today.

Yeah....experts..smexperts....they had no idea the Broncos :defense: would play like that!

Lonestar
09-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Same, Shanny's script was usually pretty damn good. Although less so afterwards, especially in the 3rd Quarter.

the scripted plays were not so much about what they got out of them but to see how the defense reacted to them for later in the game when they could exploit those tendencies..

mike was playing a chess game to see how the countered so he could counter it later..

Lonestar
09-13-2009, 04:15 PM

I dd not think our D would play nearly this well today with the massive changes we have had, being an early east coast game that we have sucked at for decades..

I think their fly weight OLINE guy out weighed our biggest guy by 8 pounds and the rest by 30..

a great ALL pro QB and super WR's..

12-7 WOW what a shocker I expected us to lose by 4, 28-24 in a barn burner..