PDA

View Full Version : Third Annual Broncos Forums Hall of Fame Voting

BroncoWave
01-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Hi all, welcome to the third installment of the Broncos Forums Hall of Fame Voting. The last two years have been a roaring success, so here we go for year three.

As a reminder, these 10 members make up the current BFHOF. Please don't vote for them again this year.
Davii
GEM
MOtorboat
NightTrainLayne
Topscribe

Denver Native (Carol)
Dreadnought
dogfish
G_Money
Tned

Eligibility Rules:
You must have been a member for at least 4 years as of 1-1-2014 (So you must have joined by 1-1-10 or earlier)
You must have at least 4000 posts. (Avg. of 1000 per year)

NEW THIS YEAR:
So last year we decided to pass a measure in which you are kicked off the ballot if you don't receive a vote in the last 3 years. Well, my computer I had then died and I lost the spreadsheet that I did for this, so I don't know who all received votes last year. Given this, I am forced to ditch that rule for now.

Having said this, I have made an executive decision to trim the list in a new way, since the length of it is getting pretty long. Anyone who has not posted in at least 2 years is deemed inactive, and has been removed from the list. Now I am keeping a list of these inactive posters and will check them every year to make sure they are still inactive. If they return to the board, they will return to future ballots.

From here on out, I will keep my spreadsheet backed up in Google Drive so I don't lose my data again.

Voting Rules:
DON'T POST YOUR VOTES IN THIS THREAD! THEY WILL NOT COUNT IF YOU DO
Rank your top 5 posters IN ORDER
First place votes will be worth 5 points, second place 4 points, and so on and so forth
After voting concludes, the top 5 in points will be the Hall of Fame class of 2014
If there is a tie for 5th, all tied members will be inducted
You may NOT vote for yourself. A vote for yourself will not count.

Please PM your votes to me, BroncoWave. Any votes posted in this thread will not count. Voting will conclude on January 12, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.

Here is the list of the posters eligible for this year's Hall of Fame Class. They are posted in alphabetical order to avoid bias in the order of the list. Posters with a (*) by his or her name are on the ballot for the first time.

aberdien*
agap (nut)
atwater27
AZ_Snake
BeefStew25
BigDaddyBronco
Bronco9798
broncofaninfla*
broncogirl7
BroncoJoe
broncolingus
BroncoStud
BroncoWave (BTB)
Buff
chazoe60*
claymore
CoachChaz
CrazyHorse*
DallasChief
Day1BroncoFan
DenBronx
Dzone*
Elevation inc*
elsid13
frauschieze
gnomeflinger
HORSEPOWER 56
honz
Jaded
jhildebrand
Joel*
Kapaibro
King87
Lancane
LRtagger
MasterShake
Medford Bronco
Midnight Blue*
Mike
Nomad
Northman
OrangeHoof*
pnbronco
Ravage!!!
rcsodak
Rex
SeeingRed
shank
Shazam!
silkamilkamonico
Skinny
Slick
slim
SmilinAssasSin27
sneakers
spikerman
Thnikkaman
Timmy!
T.K.O.*
Traveler
tubby
turftoad
TXBRONC
underrated29
WARHORSE
Watchthemiddle
weazel
West
WTE
Ziggy

Hope everyone has fun with this and good luck to all the candidates!

Joel
01-05-2014, 11:26 AM
It's an honor just to be asterisked. :tongue:

Timmy!
01-05-2014, 11:34 AM
A 7 word post by Joel? :cueapocalypse:

Northman
01-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Alright, got my short list made up. Will be sending the PM soon.

Slick
01-05-2014, 01:44 PM
If I wasn't a lazy bastage I would be Horsepower's campaign manager. He hasn't posted much this year, but when he does, he's good. Miss that guy.

Sending PM shortly.

BroncoWave
01-05-2014, 04:11 PM
While you are all relaxing between games, put in your HOF vote!

Poet
01-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Vote King.

Dzone
01-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Hot Carl

BroncoNut
01-06-2014, 01:13 PM
well I almost won the war of the yellow pages with the AGap name change. good luck to me and my running mate Aberdien

BroncoNut
01-06-2014, 01:16 PM
just curious, are you eligible if you have a felony?

and also, what does an asterisk mean? I notice tubby doesn't have one either so I am not real concerned about this

chazoe60
01-06-2014, 01:18 PM
just curious, are you eligible if you have a felony?

You're actually only eligible if you have a felony. Look at the ne'er do wells that have already gotten in.

BroncoNut
01-06-2014, 01:26 PM
You're actually only eligible if you have a felony. Look at the ne'er do wells that have already gotten in.

yeah, but I'm recent. they are all institutionalized, been gangraped etc.

Joel
01-06-2014, 01:28 PM
yeah, but I'm recent. they are all institutionalized, been gangraped etc.
Which is what the asterisk means (that you're recent, not that you've been gangraped; the £ sign is used for that.) Had you read the OP, you'd know that. ;)

BroncoNut
01-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Which is what the asterisk means (that you're recent, not that you've been gangraped; the £ sign is used for that.) Had you read the OP, you'd know that. ;)

I don't like to read, hence why I think you are a good poster

chazoe60
01-06-2014, 01:33 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:

BroncoWave
01-06-2014, 03:03 PM

:lol: You should be in the hall of fame for this post alone!

BroncoNut
01-06-2014, 03:04 PM
:lol: You should be in the hall of fame for this post alone!

thanks, but I was just kidding, I am typically not a Joel Basher at all. well, unless it is of benefit to me of course.

BroncoWave
01-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Bumping again. There has been a great turnout so far. Thanks to all who have voted.

Captain Speardog
01-07-2014, 11:47 AM
My Pamela Anderson running the N.Y. Marathon thread should have vaulted me to the top of the list.

chazoe60
01-07-2014, 11:48 AM
My Pamela Anderson running the N.Y. Marathon thread should have vaulted me to the top of the list.
The bag of ice on her crotch was the kicker. You're a shoe in.

BroncoNut
01-07-2014, 11:51 AM

we are looking for consistency. don't be a one post wonder, like me. I want 'you to be better than me.

chazoe60
01-07-2014, 11:57 AM
we are looking for consistency. don't be a one post wonder, like me. I want 'you to be better than me.

Agap, to be a one post wonder you would have had to make one good post. Keep trying.

BroncoNut
01-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Agap, to be a one post wonder you would have had to make one good post. Keep trying.

well, I am well known primarily for one post. I guess that's what I was trying to say. and look at me now

Captain Speardog
01-08-2014, 12:57 PM

Dude, I am working on another post and it will blow you away....stay tuned.

But first I have to change my avatar.

BroncoNut
01-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Dude, I am working on another post and it will blow you away....stay tuned.

But first I have to change my avatar.

I'm going to be keeping an eye out for this post speardogger

Captain Speardog
01-08-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm going to be keeping an eye out for this post speardogger

I'll let you know when it happens.

BroncoNut
01-08-2014, 03:01 PM
I'll let you know when it happens.

oh I'll know

slim
01-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Why don't you two go blow each other in the lounge and leave this fine thread alone.

Captain Speardog
01-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Why don't you two go blow each other in the lounge and leave this fine thread alone.

Hey slim come on over here and gimme a hummer. You know you want to.

http://kpitalrisk.free.fr/images/stars/15000/s_slim-pickens-72dpi.jpg

BroncoNut
01-09-2014, 10:07 AM

wait a minute. I am one of the two you talk about aren't I?. someone a little jealous perhaps? gfy slim

artie_dale
01-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Somebody's inbox is full and can't receive anymore PMs.

Davii
01-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Somebody's inbox is full and can't receive anymore PMs.

Is it mine? I'll go check.

artie_dale
01-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Is it mine? I'll go check.

I was trying to PM Broncowave my votes.

Buff
01-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Where is NUB?!?!

underrated29
01-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Where is NUB?!?!

I had this thought as well. NUB is not on the list but West is? I thought West was out east beating off little kids or something. Havent seen him post in years.

Buff
01-09-2014, 11:51 AM
I had this thought as well. NUB is not on the list but West is? I thought West was out east beating off little kids or something. Havent seen him post in years.

I think the voting process is corrupt if NUB is not eligible. He is like the Gale Sayers of Broncos Forums. A career cut too short.

BroncoNut
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
I think the voting process is corrupt if NUB is not eligible. He is like the Gale Sayers of Broncos Forums. A career cut too short.

you were all over his stick. was he banned?

BroncoWave
01-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Sorry, my inbox was full. Yall can try to send them again if it didn't let you.

artie_dale
01-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Sorry, my inbox was full. Yall can try to send them again if it didn't let you.

BOOM! It worked. Thx.

Buff
01-09-2014, 12:46 PM
you were all over his stick. was he banned?

No, he just disappeared into the abyss along with Medford Bronco. And I have never been the same.

BroncoNut
01-09-2014, 12:49 PM
No, he just disappeared into the abyss along with Medford Bronco. And I have never been the same.

Medford Bronco. I remember the name. we were friends I think, me and Medford. I dont' remember NUB real well, didn't interact with him. what was it abouit NUB you liked so much?

Buff
01-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Medford Bronco. I remember the name. we were friends I think, me and Medford. I dont' remember NUB real well, didn't interact with him. what was it abouit NUB you liked so much?

NUB was a maverick trailblazer wrapped in an enigma. The guy brought the pain in P&R, and didn't seek anyone's approval, nor did he ever give high-fives, and I always found that intriguing. I suspect he wasn't all that socially adjusted... And he went to Baylor, which is a total shithole.

I am honestly afraid that Med died. It's weird how he disappeared with no trace. I don't think anyone knows enough about him to track him down anywhere else.

BroncoNut
01-09-2014, 01:30 PM
NUB was a maverick trailblazer wrapped in an enigma. The guy brought the pain in P&R, and didn't seek anyone's approval, nor did he ever give high-fives, and I always found that intriguing. I suspect he wasn't all that socially adjusted... And he went to Baylor, which is a total shithole.

I am honestly afraid that Med died. It's weird how he disappeared with no trace. I don't think anyone knows enough about him to track him down anywhere else.

Medford. was he in MN? that is too bad if he died, but gonna happen to everyone.

slim
01-09-2014, 01:31 PM
I like Med. I hope he's not dead.

PatriotsGuy
01-09-2014, 01:32 PM
I like Med. I hope he's not dead.

Medford isn't that far from me, I don't know anything about him except that he friended me when I first joined here

BroncoNut
01-09-2014, 01:34 PM
Medford isn't that far from me, I don't know anything about him except that he friended me when I first joined here

do you live in Minnesota? let's find Medford. Tned has to know about his computer. if we can locate the computer, we have Medford

WTE
01-09-2014, 01:35 PM

Med's the only person on BF I ever had a phone conversation with. We were bud's.

PatriotsGuy
01-09-2014, 01:35 PM
do you live in Minnesota? let's find Medford. Tned has to know about his computer. if we can locate the computer, we have Medford

Uh he's from Medford, MA

slim
01-09-2014, 01:36 PM

I don't know that much about him either. Just that he was a big hockey fan and seemed like a really cool guy.

BroncoNut
01-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Uh he's from Medford, MA

Uh, ....not what I asked

slim
01-09-2014, 01:39 PM
NUB went to Baylor? Oh man....

PatriotsGuy
01-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Med's the only person on BF I ever had a phone conversation with. We were bud's.

You should call me so I can hang up on you.

underrated29
01-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Med was a great guy. I think about him every now and then. Mostly in the hockey threads. He had real hard times during great recession and i believe he had a couple of autistic kids. I know after a bit he got a job doing mortgages, i believe. Nothing since tho.

Nub posts over at the mane from time to time.

WTE
01-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Dan Le Batard sold his baseball HOF vote to deadspin.

I just found out someone just sold his BF HOF vote on Craigslist.

BroncoWave
01-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks for all the votes so far, guys. This appears to be on pace for the most votes cast in this competition, which is awesome. Still 3 days left to vote if you haven't done so yet. It's an insanely close race right now. There are currently 12 posters with a legit shot at those 5 spots.

GEM
01-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Med was a great guy. I think about him every now and then. Mostly in the hockey threads. He had real hard times during great recession and i believe he had a couple of autistic kids. I know after a bit he got a job doing mortgages, i believe. Nothing since tho.

Nub posts over at the mane from time to time.

I miss John. He was such a nice guy!!:( I liked it when he checked in every once in awhile just to let us know he was ok.

BroncoNut
01-09-2014, 04:24 PM
I miss John. He was such a nice guy!!:( I liked it when he checked in every once in awhile just to let us know he was ok.

what was his story? was he not well or something?

Poet
01-09-2014, 04:25 PM

Every time the Bengals blew a big game he sent me a PM that was laced with support and positiveness that few people can produce. That man possesses a kind and wonderful soul.

GEM
01-09-2014, 04:45 PM
what was his story? was he not well or something?

Last I spoke to him, he was having a hard time financially. He was laid off and had a lot of home issues. His son was autistic and they had a daughter. He and his wife were really, really patient with their son, he was so good with him. He got a job in the mortgage industry and it kept him away from here. That was the last I had heard from him.

He was a huge Carolina Canes fan, which started when they were the Whalers. Over on BroncosMania, when the Canes went to the Standley Cup finals, he got everyone to be a Canes fan, we all sported Canes avys to support him. He was just a wonderful human being. I miss him a lot.

Buff
01-09-2014, 05:10 PM
He was a wonderful human being and I hope he returns.

slim
01-09-2014, 07:47 PM
He was a wonderful human being and I hope he returns.

It sounds like you two were pretty intimate.

Nomad
01-09-2014, 07:49 PM
I have not received my "I voted" sticker:lol:

slim
01-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I have not received my "I voted" sticker:lol:

Hi Nomad.

Poet
01-09-2014, 07:53 PM

Don't you ever make light of any post that references Medford and his incredible prowess as a human being. So help me god I will fly out to whatever wretched state you reside in and bitchslap you so hard that you'll wake up thinking that Rich Gannon is the greatest QB in your generation.

Nomad
01-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Hi Nomad.

What's up, slim? How's the family?

slim
01-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Don't you ever make light of any post that references Medford and his incredible prowess as a human being. So help me god I will fly out to whatever wretched state you reside in and bitchslap you so hard that you'll wake up thinking that Rich Gannon is the greatest QB in your generation.

Andy Dalton is better than Ken Anderson.

slim
01-09-2014, 07:55 PM
What's up, slim? How's the family?

Doing well. How about you?

BroncoWave
01-09-2014, 07:56 PM

I gave it a pass because he was making fun of Buff.

Poet
01-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Andy Dalton is better than Ken Anderson.

I would rather hear that than hear you disrespect Medford, Slim.

Poet
01-09-2014, 07:57 PM
I gave it a pass because he was making fun of Buff.

No. This can't stand. This is not what life is about.

MOtorboat
01-09-2014, 07:59 PM
NUB went to Baylor? Oh man....

I always got a kick out of someone having that much disdain for religion going to a Baptist institution of higher learning

MOtorboat
01-09-2014, 08:00 PM
No. This can't stand. This is not what life is about.

Life isn't about making fun of Buff?

Well, shit. I'm doing it wrong.

Poet
01-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Life isn't about making fun of Buff?

Well, shit. I'm doing it wrong.

It's only one aspect, Mo.

Buff
01-09-2014, 08:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3UidFxqaqM

spikerman
01-09-2014, 09:06 PM
When it's all over I'll just be curious as to if I even received one vote. I don't post often, but admit it, you're all on the edge of your seats to see what I'll say.

chazoe60
01-10-2014, 10:01 AM
When it's all over I'll just be curious as to if I even received one vote. I don't post often, but admit it, you're all on the edge of your seats to see what I'll say.
Who are you again?

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 10:09 AM

if you don't get it this year, you'll get it next year I'm sure. with each year it really becomes less of an honor. The in crowd really gets voted in and it'really just a ranking of social position.

just continue to be yourself and you'll make my HOF every time.

slim
01-10-2014, 10:19 AM
I would rather hear that than hear you disrespect Medford, Slim.

I was really just making fun of Buff. Med was just collateral damage.

slim
01-10-2014, 10:20 AM
I always got a kick out of someone having that much disdain for religion going to a Baptist institution of higher learning

I am not entirely sure he survived the experience.

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I was really just making fun of Buff. Med was just collateral damage.

I didn't know Medford that well. just here. you're my favorite poster Slim. I think you and I would be fabulous friends irl until we got to know each other

slim
01-10-2014, 10:23 AM
I didn't know Medford that well. just here. you're my favorite poster Slim. I think you and I would be fabulous friends irl until we got to know each other

Ditto.

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Ditto.

wtf? that's it?

CoachChaz
01-10-2014, 10:30 AM
if you don't get it this year, you'll get it next year I'm sure. with each year it really becomes less of an honor. The in crowd really gets voted in and it'really just a ranking of social position.

I disagree with the "in" crowd making it in. Basically, If you are a MOD or a regular poster that doesnt get into heated discussions...you're a lock. After that...it's a crap shoot.

slim
01-10-2014, 10:31 AM
wtf? that's it?

Yes, I'm on a tight schedule today.

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 10:50 AM
I disagree with the "in" crowd making it in. Basically, If you are a MOD or a regular poster that doesnt get into heated discussions...you're a lock. After that...it's a crap shoot.

I dont' even know who the in crowd is which means I must be at the center of it all

chazoe60
01-10-2014, 10:56 AM
I dont' even know who the in crowd is which means I must be at the center of it all
Me and you with some scrubs we allow to interact with us like Buff and MO.

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 11:09 AM

Mo ignores me, but I dont' really care

chazoe60
01-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Mo ignores me, but I dont' really care

MO is a delicate flower who bruises easily.

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 11:16 AM
MO is a delicate flower who bruises easily.

I don't see that. he seems to have a pretty tough shell on him. I think he's just kinda stuck up

artie_dale
01-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Yeah, MO's got pretty thick skin and can dish it out when he needs to. He may be a little stubborn, but not irrational at all.

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Yeah, MO's got pretty thick skin and can dish it out when he needs to. He may be a little stubborn, but not irrational at all.

real superiority complex irl.

MOtorboat
01-10-2014, 12:03 PM

Lulz, as if...the rest of this site wishes they could be as cool as Buff, PAGs, and me.

chazoe60
01-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Lulz, as if...the rest of this site wishes they could be as cool as Buff, PAGs, and me.

If only to have a break from this massive amount of coolness that we exude.

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 12:09 PM

it's a lot of work isn't it?

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 12:11 PM

sometimes I think you and I should just escape to the mountains for a few days together.

chazoe60
01-10-2014, 01:00 PM
sometimes I think you and I should just escape to the mountains for a few days together.

Herd some sheep maybe, sleep in a tent?

MOtorboat
01-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Herd some sheep maybe, sleep in a tent?

Brokedick Eastern Utah featuring Chaz and Nut.

chazoe60
01-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Brokedick Eastern Utah featuring Chaz and Nut.

Funk off, flatlander.

slim
01-10-2014, 01:22 PM
BTB, just say the word. I have my acceptance speech ready to go.

WTE
01-10-2014, 02:10 PM
I've come to realize I will never be inducted into the BF HOF. I'm an outsider and always will be.

I'm on the outside, you're on the inside.

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 02:14 PM
I've come to realize I will never be inducted into the BF HOF. I'm an outsider and always will be.

you are as eligible as anyone.

WTE
01-10-2014, 02:16 PM

Joel will get in before me.

PatriotsGuy
01-10-2014, 02:17 PM

I think it's finally time that we create our own Broncos forum, WTE.

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Joel will get in before me.

Joel is coming along nicely.

artie_dale
01-10-2014, 02:44 PM

What??? I'm sure its not ethical but I don't see the harm in telling you... WTE, I voted for you as my #3 overall. If guys in here can't vote for anyone that isn't a Bronco fan... well, I can't conjure up a solution for that... I do like to think that there are a handful of folks in here that can be rational about these things, though.

artie_dale
01-10-2014, 02:45 PM

I must not have reached the 4000 post requirement and I've been in here since 2008. I slacked off a lot though.

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 03:10 PM
I must not have reached the 4000 post requirement and I've been in here since 2008. I slacked off a lot though.
well let's see AD. you have 521. is it a 4 k miniumum? I don't 'read the fine print. but if I dont' get it this year, I am going to quit the forum

Dapper Dan
01-10-2014, 03:17 PM
I'll be eligible next year. I should start campaigning.

artie_dale
01-10-2014, 03:24 PM
I'll be eligible next year. I should start campaigning.

I'm just under 3500 posts away from being eligible. Lets do the math... I've posted just over 500 times in going on 6 years so at this pace I'm averaging 83.33333 posts per year which should make me a strong candidate in the year 2062... which will make me 85 years old and will probably be long dead by then. Shoot!

Poet
01-10-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm going to be the first rival fan to make it in. I can feel it! Year of the King!

WTE
01-10-2014, 03:26 PM
What??? I'm sure its not ethical but I don't see the harm in telling you... WTE, I voted for you as my #3 overall. If guys in here can't vote for anyone that isn't a Bronco fan... well, I can't conjure up a solution for that... I do like to think that there are a handful of folks in here that can be rational about these things, though.

Wow. You voted for me?

Did you hear that Pags? I got a vote. A 3rd place vote.

Ziggy
01-10-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm going to be the first rival fan to make it in. I can feel it! Year of the King!

You get pity votes just for being a Bengals fan. WTE on the other hand......

Poet
01-10-2014, 03:29 PM
You get pity votes just for being a Bengals fan. WTE on the other hand......

There are lesser rival fans on this site. We will leave it at that. Careful Ziggy, eyes watch every post concerning some people.

PatriotsGuy
01-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Wow. You voted for me?

Did you hear that Pags? I got a vote. A 3rd place vote.

I am so excited for you!!

Poet
01-10-2014, 03:32 PM
I am so excited for you!!

You should be the first rival fan to get in. Every post is a classic. Even if your avatar represents everything that's wrong with America.

Dapper Dan
01-10-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm just under 3500 posts away from being eligible. Lets do the math... I've posted just over 500 times in going on 6 years so at this pace I'm averaging 83.33333 posts per year which should make me a strong candidate in the year 2062... which will make me 85 years old and will probably be long dead by then. Shoot!

You can make it up really quick. Just post stupid, random stuff.

PatriotsGuy
01-10-2014, 03:33 PM
You should be the first rival fan to get in. Every post is a classic. Even if your avatar represents everything that's wrong with America.

Thank you King, but I feel that the masses here don't feel the same way. I wish you a bountiful weekend buffet!

Poet
01-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Thank you King, but I feel that the masses here don't feel the same way. I wish you a bountiful weekend buffet!

Your association with lesser posters hurts you. Sometimes to reach your goals you have to get rid of the anchors, PAGS.

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Your association with lesser posters hurts you. Sometimes to reach your goals you have to get rid of the anchors, PAGS.

that's a wise observation. you are wise beyond your years king. I remember back in 09 when I was really thinking it was time to pull away from the pack. shedding some of the dead weight or "lesser posters" as you put it, was more difficult than I imagined. these folks had a lot of dirt on me and they weren't shy about reminding me of it.

Poet
01-10-2014, 03:43 PM
that's a wise observation. you are wise beyond your years king. I remember back in 09 when I was really thinking it was time to pull away from the pack. shedding some of the dead weight or "lesser posters" as you put it, was more difficult than I imagined. these folks had a lot of dirt on me and they weren't shy about reminding me of it.

Look at you now! You are a glorious destroyer!

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 03:44 PM

thanks!!!

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 04:18 PM

hell yeah!

Poet
01-10-2014, 04:19 PM
hell yeah!

yes!

BroncoNut
01-10-2014, 04:20 PM
yes!

friggin aye!!

Poet
01-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Oh Yeah!

DenBronx
01-10-2014, 05:04 PM
You two dummies are making me regret my votes!!!

chazoe60
01-10-2014, 05:28 PM
I'm just hoping that someday when I'm old and grey and my thumbs are too riddled with arthritis to type out any posts on whatever futuristic smartphone is popular at the time the veterans committee will see fit to throw an old dog a bone.

MOtorboat
01-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm just hoping that someday when I'm old and grey and my thumbs are too riddled with arthritis to type out any posts on whatever futuristic smartphone is popular at the time the veterans committee will see fit to throw an old dog a bone.

As a member of the veterans committee, let me tell you that we hope this day comes sooner, rather than later.

spikerman
01-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Who are you again?

Touche. Hey, I'm ignored by a lot more important people than you, mister.

spikerman
01-10-2014, 05:39 PM

This is all that really matters to me.

artie_dale
01-11-2014, 05:40 PM
well let's see AD. you have 521. is it a 4 k miniumum? I don't 'read the fine print. but if I dont' get it this year, I am going to quit the forum

I don't know why I thought of it, but if the minimum posts were 4000 characters, Joel would have been eligible within one post.

Nomad
01-11-2014, 05:52 PM
I don't know why I thought of it, but if the minimum posts were 4000 characters, Joel would have been eligible within one post.

Funny! I like Joel.

artie_dale
01-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Funny! I like Joel.

Me too.

WTE
01-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Me too.

Me three

Fingers crossed behind back.

BroncoWave
01-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Just a reminder, voting ends tomorrow night at midnight EST. Super close race for the last few spots right now.

Nomad
Tip DRILL!!

Hawgdriver
So I need 4k votes to vote?

Hawgdriver
01-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Tip DRILL!!

So close, so far.

Nomad
01-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Tip DRILL!!

Ooops! Wrong thread:lol:

BroncoWave
01-11-2014, 07:17 PM
So I need 4k votes to vote?

Anyone can vote.

Hawgdriver
01-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Anyone can vote.

Oops, typo. Good day of drinking and football. Cool, thanks man for clarifying.

BroncoWave
01-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Oops, typo. Good day of drinking and football. Cool, thanks man for clarifying.

I knew what ya meant!

Joel
01-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Me three
Thanks to all three of you then, even the chromatically challenged one.

Poet
01-11-2014, 09:53 PM
**** the rules, Hawg is being added to the HoF. BW, make it happen, captain.

Hawgdriver
01-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Man, you are not afraid to do what it take for dat vote. I like that.

Poet
01-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Man, you are not afraid to do what it take for dat vote. I like that.

Man's world. MAN'S WORLD!

BroncoWave
01-11-2014, 10:34 PM
**** the rules, Hawg is being added to the HoF. BW, make it happen, captain.

Sorry, King. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them!

Poet
01-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Sorry, King. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them!

BUt you did make the rules, haha.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Good morning everyone. Today is the last day to vote. So if you haven't voted yet, don't let it get lost in the commotion of gameday. Thanks again to everyone who has voted so far. It has been a great turnout and the voting is super close.

Northman
01-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Id like to give my victory speech now if thats ok.

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 09:48 AM

Here's your opening statement:
"It's an honor just to be mentioned with the likes of chazoe60 and King87........."

Northman
01-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Here's your opening statement:
"It's an honor just to be mentioned with the likes of chazoe60 and King87........."

Thanks i knew i was missing something.

Joel
01-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Sounds great: Just promise you'll post it in the #11284F color text that came in so handy in response to WTE. :tongue: Looks a lot like this; I may use it for spacing in future. ;)

WTE
01-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Sounds great: Just promise you'll post it in the #11284F color text that came in so handy in response to WTE. :tongue: Looks a lot like this; I may use it for spacing in future. ;)

Joel,

Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny 3m

I think Julian Edelman right now is as good an all around player as Wes Welker ever was. #Patriots

Word.

Northman
01-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Lol Greeney.

I will say this though Edelman > Amendola

Slick
01-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Revisit the conversation after Edelman goes on a 6 or 7 year tear like Wes has. Young man had a solid game last night no doubt.

Joel
01-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Lol Greeney.

I will say this though Edelman > Amendola
Setting the bar awfully high, aren't we? ;)

Edelman's good, but not great, and certainly not a one man receiving corps. If we beat the Bolts tonight Edelman's definitely the guy we should double next week if we double anyone—IF. It's a measure of the number and quality of Bradys weapons without Welker, Gronk and Inmate #0680235 that NEs third or fourth best "receiver" is a SECOND STRING RUNNING BACK!

I'm more worried about their third string OT leg whipping Phillips and taking him out for most of the second half like he did Charles Johnson in the Panthers game; funny how all the Pats fans screaming about how the refs unfairly abused them that day ignore that play. I'm more worried about our always anemic pass rush and once great run D without our best DT, DE and a former DRoY LB than I am the NE receiving corps (i.e. Edelman, an average Amedola, a second string RB and a bunch of scrub rookies.)

Seriously, just how big is the Kool-Aid jug in NE that they think they can loose their TOP THREE RECEIVERS yet even the leftovers are elite? I guess that's the great thing about Everclear: Mixed 50/50 it's still 100 Proof, but doesn't taste like it. ;)

Northman
01-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Setting the bar awfully high, aren't we? ;)

Not really. Only that he's worlds better than Amendola.

Poet
01-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Joel,

Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny 3m

I think Julian Edelman right now is as good an all around player as Wes Welker ever was. #Patriots

Word.

So about those 100 catch seasons that Edelmen doesn't have... The Patriots would have been better served keeping Welker, and everyone knows that.

Joel
01-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Not really. Only that he's worlds better than Amendola.
No argument. He's a good WR, just not a #1 on any legit WR corps. That'll definitely hurt the Pats sooner or later; even if we can't take him away—even if we don't get the CHANCE—Seattle or SF definitely will. In that scenario, I just don't see Amendola or anyone else on that team winning enough one-on-one matchups with either secondary to keep NE in the game, especially when the rush comes for Bradys scalp. Throw in a D either SF or Seattle can run on with ease and it wouldn't be pretty. Of the two of us, Denver would have a much better shot in the SB.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Last reminder, now that the commotion of the game is over. Polls close in exactly 4 hours.

Poet
01-12-2014, 08:07 PM
I have a feeling I'm going to be the Terrell Davis of this Hall of Fame.

Northman
01-12-2014, 08:09 PM
I have a feeling I'm going to be the Terrell Davis of this Hall of Fame.

I dont know, im pretty much resented because im more cautious about this team than most. The fix might be in. lmao

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 08:12 PM
I might close the voting early since it has pretty much screeched to a halt. Everyone who usually votes has gotten theirs in. I'd like to have the thread up before I go to bed.

Poet
01-12-2014, 08:12 PM
I dont know, im pretty much resented because im more cautious about this team than most. The fix might be in. lmao

I received backlash for using the phrase murderdance and I'm not a Broncos fan. If I don't make the cut I'm changing my name to "Cold weather Manning arm."

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 08:14 PM
EDIT. Polls now closing at 9PM instead of midnight. So a little less than an hour. Everyone that's gonna be online tonight is likely online now, so you've had your chances!

WTE
01-12-2014, 08:15 PM
I might close the voting early since it has pretty much screeched to a halt. Everyone who usually votes has gotten theirs in. I'd like to have the thread up before I go to bed.

That's fine. But if Mo submitted a vote for WET I think he meant me. WTE.

MOtorboat
01-12-2014, 08:22 PM
That's fine. But if Mo submitted a vote for WET I think he meant me. WTE.

You'll be here all week?

WTE
01-12-2014, 08:28 PM
You'll be here all week?

Only to excess.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Voting is now CLOSED. I will post the thread shortly unveiling the winners.

Joel
01-12-2014, 09:43 PM
You'll be here all week?
Seems a safe bet; the question is the next stop on the tour. ;)