PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Polled America's Favorite NFL Team; Cowboys Most Hated

OrangeHoof
01-03-2014, 07:14 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24395744/poll-dallas-cowboys-are-actually-americas-least-favorite-team

So if the Cowboys aren't America's team, then who is? According to this poll, it's the Denver Broncos (http://www.broncosforums.com/nfl/teams/page/DEN/denver-broncos). Fourteen percent of America said Denver was their favorite team. We also learned that America has a love-hate relationship with both the Cowboys and Bears.

Dallas was listed as America's second favorite team, with 12 percent of respondents calling themselves Cowboys fans. The Packers (http://www.broncosforums.com/nfl/teams/page/GB/green-bay-packers) were America's third favorite team (11 percent) and the Bears were fourth (10 percent).

I wonder how many are bandwagon fans or just fans of Peyton Manning?

BTW, 71% of fans polled do not want to change the name of the Washington Redskins.

WARHORSE
01-03-2014, 07:19 PM
I agree. :coffee:

tripleoption
01-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Probably a little of both, although I'd bet it has to do more with Peyton right now. Besides, when a team is winning everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

Dzone
01-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Thats seems right. I guess we were the most televised team in the NFL this year. When I travel, I meet Bronco fans from all over the world. Canada is Bronco crazy!

WTE
01-03-2014, 07:31 PM
The poll was conducted by 741 people who had to "register" through a firm called Public Policy Polling. Hmmmm. :confused:

Of the 741 registered respondents 50% were women.

chazoe60
01-03-2014, 07:56 PM
I bet the Pats are close to last, nobody likes cheaters, pretty-boys, and arrogant jerk head coaches.

pulse
01-03-2014, 08:05 PM
I will be the first to admit I started following the Broncos heavily in the Spring of 2012 after they signed Peyton Manning. I felt sick when Irsay cut the man who saved a franchise. And though I've been a Colts fan since Peyton was drafted, and I still pull for them, Denver has become my favorite team. I've become too familiar with the history of the organization and I'll be a fan long after Peyton retires. Call me a bandwagon fan or a Peyton homer, I really don't care. If you don't like it, piss off! Go Broncos!

vettesplus
01-03-2014, 08:09 PM
without pfm the broncos would not have a chance at this award!!!

BroncoWave
01-03-2014, 08:10 PM
I will be the first to admit I started following the Broncos heavily in the Spring of 2012 after they signed Peyton Manning. I felt sick when Irsay cut the man who saved a franchise. And though I've been a Colts fan since Peyton was drafted, and I still pull for them, Denver has become my favorite team. I've become too familiar with the history of the organization and I'll be a fan long after Peyton retires. Call me a bandwagon fan or a Peyton homer, I really don't care. If you don't like it, piss off! Go Broncos!

Just as long as you stick with us after Manning retires and we see some down years. Then we'll accept you! :D

WTE
01-03-2014, 08:17 PM
I bet the Pats are close to last, nobody likes cheaters, pretty-boys, and arrogant jerk head coaches.

What's the matter? You couldn't interject the work Cok into your analysis?

pulse
01-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Just as long as you stick with us after Manning retires and we see some down years. Then we'll accept you! :D

Hey I think Denver's loss in the playoffs to Baltimore last year broke my heart as much as any fan. Anyway, I've discussed Osweiler and post-Manning Broncos enough to suggest I'm not jumping off. And just to be clear, the Colts are the ONLY other team I even remotely pull for, unless, of course, it affects Denver negatively. And even that's greatly diminished over the past year. I'm still a big fan of Reggie Wayne. But my interest has mostly waned over the past few years because I'm simply tired of Jim Irsay's shenanigans. He clearly wants to be the face of that franchise and another Jerry Jones.

Also, I've carried over more than enough loathing hatred for the New England Patriots to the Broncos fandom. I'm happy to share if anybody needs some more vitriol...

BroncoWave
01-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Hey I think the loss in the playoffs to Baltimore last year just broke my heart. Odd how that can change the color of your blood. Anyway, I've discussed Osweiler and post-Manning Broncos enough to suggest I'm not jumping off. And just to be clear, the Colts are the ONLY other team I even remotely pull for, unless it effects Denver negatively. And even that's greatly diminished over the past year. I'm still a big fan of Reggie Wayne. But my interest has mostly waned over the past few years because I'm simply tired of Jim Irsay's shenanigans. He clearly wants to be the face of that franchise and another Jerry Jones.

Also, I've carried over more than enough loathing hatred for the New England Patriots to the Broncos fandom. I'm happy to share if anybody needs some more vitriol...

Have you told WTE to eat a bag of dicks yet? That's just standard operating procedure for Broncos fans who post here.

Broncolingus
01-03-2014, 09:11 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24395744/poll-dallas-cowboys-are-actually-americas-least-favorite-team

I wonder how many are bandwagon fans or just fans of Peyton Manning?

BTW, 71% of fans polled do not want to change the name of the Washington Redskins.

That is effin' awesome!!!

WTE
01-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Girls love the Broncos!

pulse
01-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Girls love the Broncos!

And Brady loves boys. What's your point?

OrangeHoof
01-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Girls love the Broncos!

Girls love horses? Stop the presses! But seriously, if you're a chick, what animal mascot would be your fave? Has to be the Broncos or the Dolphins. Maybe the Jaguars if they were any damn good but since they're not...

Army Bronco
01-04-2014, 02:14 AM
Girls love the Broncos!

Girls love horses? Stop the presses! But seriously, if you're a chick, what animal mascot would be your fave? Has to be the Broncos or the Dolphins. Maybe the Jaguars if they were any damn good but since they're not...Their fave mascot was Tebow.

wayninja
01-04-2014, 11:37 PM
The poll was conducted by 741 people who had to "register" through a firm called Public Policy Polling. Hmmmm. :confused:

Of the 741 registered respondents 50% were women.

Your misogynistic point of view is duly noted.

GEM
01-05-2014, 09:23 AM
WTE gets a little butt hurtwhen his Pansies get ignored. He goes a little Glen Close, I will not be ignored!!

WTE
01-05-2014, 09:30 AM
I bet most of the people who said the Broncos were their favorite team couldn't name 5 current players.

BroncoWave
01-05-2014, 09:34 AM
I bet most of the people who said the Broncos were their favorite team couldn't name 5 current players.

I can name one....

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/Warbirdz7/ezgif-save.gif?t=1388346983

WTE
01-05-2014, 09:39 AM
I can name one....

Oh no. I might have to put you on Iggy.

BroncoWave
01-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Oh no. I might have to put you on Iggy.

Then I will recruit others to do my bidding!

MOtorboat
01-05-2014, 09:56 AM

As if there isn't 10 years worth of bandwagoner Patriots fans walking around because of Brady...

WTE
01-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Guys, will you stop if I promise to discontinue my trolling ways?

MOtorboat
01-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Guys, will you stop if I promise to discontinue my trolling ways?

Stop what?

Timmy!
01-05-2014, 11:01 AM

atwater27
01-05-2014, 11:44 AM
I have always thought that the Cowboys some how being a team America cheered for over all others was a pretty gay concept.

OrangeHoof
01-05-2014, 05:28 PM
It has to do with being a frontrunner. They are the people with such poor self esteem that they align themselves only with teams that win most of the time.

Anyone who claims their favorite teams are the Yankees, Cowboys and Lakers is a classic frontrunner although the Patriots have added many younger frontrunners. They are generally insecure people that try desperately to attach their own pathetic lives to sports franchises that don't even know who he is.

Broncolingus
01-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Shatner is my all time fav...

...with Captain Kirk is going for Denver, we can't lose :D

http://youtu.be/MDrUatVA_MA

FanInAZ
01-05-2014, 09:01 PM
I have always thought that the Cowboys some how being a team America cheered for over all others was a pretty gay concept.

Out of fairness to them, the Cowboys have never referred to themselves as "America's Team." That nickname was given to them by the late Ed Sabol, the creator on NFL Films. They used to do annual "Team Yearbook" videos for every team in the league. Although they were informative, they were also propaganda for the respective teams. No matter how horrible your team was that year, Sabol & company would put some spin to your team's video that made it seam like you had solid building blocks already in place for future success. For some reason that I've never heard explained, he gave the Cowboys the "America's Team" nickname during one such video in the early '70s.

Nomad
01-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Since I've moved here in March of 2011, I've noticed the BRONCO fans coming out of the woodwork lately from stickers on the vehicles to gear being worn. Interesting what winning and having a high profile QB does to a fan base.

I can't say anything, Elway is who drew my attention to the BRONCOS when I was in high school.

Broncolingus
01-10-2014, 06:39 PM
...interesting what winning and having a high profile QB does to a fan base...

It's totally true...