PDA

View Full Version : Denver forecast for Broncos playoff game: 48 degrees

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2014, 11:56 AM
If the 10-day forecast for Denver can be trusted — and isn’t life simpler for the gullible? — Peyton Manning will wear The Glove out of preference in the Broncos’ second-round AFC playoff game on Jan. 12, not necessity.

According to The Weather Channel’s 10-day forecast for Denver on Jan. 12, the high temperature will be 48 degrees. The high should hit about the time the Broncos’ kick off at 2:40 p.m. It will be cloudy with a 10 percent chance of rain.

If it rains, no big whup. Manning has The Glove.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/01/03/denver-forecast-for-broncos-playoff-game-48-degrees/24716/yi

Northman
01-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Good, warm temp. Its only 15 degrees here in Bmore today so i like our chances.

BroncoNut
01-03-2014, 12:01 PM
good. who do we play? the winner of which game?

CrazyHorse
01-03-2014, 12:06 PM
good. who do we play? the winner of which game?

The lowest remaining seed, which could be the Colts, Chargers, or Chiefs.

Why only 10 percent chance of precipitation? I predict it will be raining... TOUCHDOWNS!

TXBRONC
01-03-2014, 12:12 PM
We'll see if it stays that way once we get into next week.

Tned
01-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Man, that sounds good. Both because I think the team plays better when it's a bit warmer, but also because I don't think I could handle another game like in January. Once again I procrastinated and didn't buy any proper cold weather gear for the game. Not like you can just run into Wal-mart or JCP and pick up real cold weather clothes in Arkansas.

powderaddict
01-03-2014, 12:56 PM
"If the 10 day forecast can be trusted"

LOL

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Man, that sounds good. Both because I think the team plays better when it's a bit warmer, but also because I don't think I could handle another game like in January. Once again I procrastinated and didn't buy any proper cold weather gear for the game. Not like you can just run into Wal-mart or JCP and pick up real cold weather clothes in Arkansas.

You may want to get here early, just in case. As the saying goes - if you do not like the weather in Colorado, wait 5 minutes and it will change.

BroncoJoe
01-03-2014, 01:35 PM

Well, you could have run into one of those stores here in Denver and got some warmer gear... Walmart in particular is open 24/7.

CoachChaz
01-03-2014, 01:38 PM
You may want to get here early, just in case. As the saying goes - if you do not like the weather in Colorado, wait 5 minutes and it will change.

I think that quote applies to almost all 50 states.

Broncolingus
01-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Denver forecast for Broncos playoff game: 48 degrees

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3a/3ac67e34497632c44e9ecccb8a8912b9b551a9cd134a9a9f24 975e414c36161d.jpg

Joel
01-03-2014, 04:46 PM
At this point I really think it's more home vs. road than cold vs. warm. Manning didn't look great last year, but he didn't really look bad either; his PR was 88.something IIRC. Let's face it, facing a playoff team on the road is tough in any weather, even tougher if you like to call and re-call audible right up till the snap, trying to be heard over 70,000 people screaming for your blood.

On top of that, Manning played so few cold weather playoff games before last year that he'd never put his tireless single-mindedness to finding a glove he liked and risking a seasons worth of touch and rhythm just so he'd be ready for ONE postseason game @NE. He's been playing at home in the cold for two years now, and seems to have adjusted pretty well. I'm more worried about his protection and our D than how he personally performs.

Joel
01-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Way I always heard it was "wait 5 minutes or go 5 miles." Then again, I think only one state's subject to blizzards AND hurricanes. ;)

spikerman
01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm only coming up for two days, but I'm going to have a big suitcase. I'm planning for all types of weather.

Nomad
01-03-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm only coming up for two days, but I'm going to have a big suitcase. I'm planning for all types of weather.

Be a man and go shirtless with orange and blue painted on yourself:D

spikerman
01-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Be a man and go shirtless with orange and blue painted on yourself:D

I would, but nobody wants to see that! I'm a humanitarian.

spikerman
01-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Can anybody recommend a reasonably priced hotel near the 16th St Mall? I don't plan on renting a car and I'd like to be near the restaurants, etc.

Shazam!
01-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Chargers vs Broncos III

Scary.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Can anybody recommend a reasonably priced hotel near the 16th St Mall? I don't plan on renting a car and I'd like to be near the restaurants, etc.

Stay at the Valley-Hi Hotel. It's special. :laugh:

It's not near the 16th St. Mall, but it is right next to the freeway, about 10 minutes from downtown.

My wife booked the stay for me, and accidentally booked Friday/Sat instead of Sat/Sunday. She had two free nights through a travel agency. When she went to change the nights they Valley-Hi was the only thing available. My son and I could only laugh at how awful that place was. Fortunately, we only slept there because we were out most of the time we were there.

The walls were badly nicotine stained. There was no water the day of the game.

pnbronco
01-06-2014, 11:11 AM
I so hope this is true. We went out and bought more hats and gloves yesterday and hubby bought a new coat. The little we were out in that cold created new pains in my abdomen that I really don't need right now. So my first thought was can I take a cold game????

FYI: K-Mart has 50% off all their regular hats and gloves. I bought one of the hood like hats so I could cover my mouth and nose if needed and that was 30% off in the hunting section. Also bought more hand warmers. I'm finding the older I get the less I can handle the cold. I'm just hoping the Broncos play such a good game I don't notice the temp.....:D

spikerman
01-06-2014, 05:36 PM

It's not near the 16th St. Mall, but it is right next to the freeway, about 10 minutes from downtown.

My wife booked the stay for me, and accidentally booked Friday/Sat instead of Sat/Sunday. She had two free nights through a travel agency. When she went to change the nights they Valley-Hi was the only thing available. My son and I could only laugh at how awful that place was. Fortunately, we only slept there because we were out most of the time we were there.

Thanks for the "advice." ha ha ha

I'm staying at the Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel. Anybody tailgating or anything?

MileHighCrew
01-06-2014, 05:51 PM

I'm staying at the Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel. Anybody tailgating or anything?

I stayed there when I was in town, have the Banana French Toast for Breakfast, it is awesome!!!

slim
01-06-2014, 05:54 PM

No tailgating, but I might be up for a little assplay.

Let me know!

spikerman
01-06-2014, 06:03 PM
I stayed there when I was in town, have the Banana French Toast for Breakfast, it is awesome!!!

How was it?

spikerman
01-06-2014, 06:03 PM
No tailgating, but I might be up for a little assplay.

Let me know!
Just a little? I'm the big spoon.

MileHighCrew
01-06-2014, 06:05 PM
How was it?

Very goos, caramelized bananas mmmmmm

BroncoJoe
01-06-2014, 06:09 PM

Not tailgating, but if you're up for a brew the night before give me a ring.

spikerman
01-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Sounds good, buddy. I might not have a car so my options will be limited. We'll figure it out.

OrangeHoof
01-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Weather Underground forecast as of 1/6 for Sunday: "Partly cloudy. High 43F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph."

Weather.com forecast as of 1/6 for Sunday: High 44F. Partly cloudy. Winds at 9 MPH. 10% chance of rain.

pnbronco
01-06-2014, 08:38 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I would love to see you guys on Sat evening if you come up with something....

EastCoastBronco
01-07-2014, 11:09 AM

I'm pretty sure my wife (then girlfriend) and I stayed there when we saw the Broncos/Raiders game in 1994.
It was a real hole and we slept on top of the beds and showered at a rest stop about 20 miles out of town the next day before the game...;-)
I had banished that part of the trip from my mind but your post brought it back...good times.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-07-2014, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty sure my wife (then girlfriend) and I stayed there when we saw the Broncos/Raiders game in 1994.
It was a real hole and we slept on top of the beds and showered at a rest stop about 20 miles out of town the next day before the game...;-)
I had banished that part of the trip from my mind but your post brought it back...good times.

My son and I were so elated to be able to spend his 13th birthday together, out of town no less, that it didn't bother us....too much. I will say I was little irritated about losing water. We had to bath with slow dripping cold water out of the tub faucet. Nevertheless, our agitation was gone the moment we left and headed for the stadium. I will have to dig up some old pictures.

OrangeHoof
01-07-2014, 01:19 PM
When our family moved to Denver in 1968, we spent a month in a motel along the Santa Fe highway in Littleton. It had a Steak and Egg next door which became our main source of food until our new house was ready. I doubt they are still there now and, if they did, I doubt I would want to spend a minute longer there than I had to.

BroncoJoe
01-08-2014, 10:27 AM
When our family moved to Denver in 1968, we spent a month in a motel along the Santa Fe highway in Littleton. It had a Steak and Egg next door which became our main source of food until our new house was ready. I doubt they are still there now and, if they did, I doubt I would want to spend a minute longer there than I had to.

This one?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/JoeArthur/SantaFeHotel_zpsffcc5b4e.jpg

BroncoNut
01-08-2014, 10:47 AM

man you have good memory. are you 50 or older?

OrangeHoof
01-08-2014, 11:07 AM
That's it!!! I couldn't remember the name but that's exactly it. I remember it started with an E but I couldn't come up with the exact name. Thanks. Do they still have the hash slinging joint next to them? Used to be able to walk out onto the balcony and see the mountains in the distance. Also had my first Mountain Dew while I was there.

MasterShake
01-08-2014, 05:01 PM
That's it!!! I couldn't remember the name but that's exactly it. I remember it started with an E but I couldn't come up with the exact name. Thanks. Do they still have the hash slinging joint next to them? Used to be able to walk out onto the balcony and see the mountains in the distance. Also had my first Mountain Dew while I was there.

I drive up that way to hit up the Alamo Drafthouse theater, and I can't for the life of me remember if that diner is still there. I will look next time. I am pretty sure its been redeveloped, there is a little shopping center next to it now with a Panda Express. That whole Sant Fe Drive area has changed A LOT in the last decade. All the strip joints and adult book stores are gone.

spikerman
01-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Anybody up for a beer somewhere on 16th Street Mall on Saturday night?

Tned
01-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Anybody up for a beer somewhere on 16th Street Mall on Saturday night?

My wife is telling me we have to be part of the occupy Capital Grille crowd on Saturday night.

spikerman
01-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Where is that?

Tned
01-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Where is that?

Way overpriced steak house on Larimer. I hate steak, but we live in a small town with nothing much better than a Bonanza and that has become the wife's favorite Denver restaurant.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-08-2014, 05:31 PM
http://www.priceline.com/valli-hi-motel-denver-colorado-co-1819789-hd.hotel-reviews-hotel-guides#tab_ratings

BroncoJoe
01-08-2014, 05:33 PM

I drive up that way to hit up the Alamo Drafthouse theater, and I can't for the life of me remember if that diner is still there. I will look next time. I am pretty sure its been redeveloped, there is a little shopping center next to it now with a Panda Express. That whole Sant Fe Drive area has changed A LOT in the last decade. All the strip joints and adult book stores are gone.

It has been redeveloped. In fact, I think there is a pizza place or the like there where a double murder occurred a few years ago.

BroncoJoe
01-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Way overpriced steak house on Larimer. I hate steak, but we live in a small town with nothing much better than a Bonanza and that has become the wife's favorite Denver restaurant.

And you call yourself a republican/libertarian. Humph.

BroncoJoe
01-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Where is that?

Do you still have my number?

spikerman
01-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Do you still have my number?

Yep.. you want me to give you a buzz or text when I get in?

spikerman
01-08-2014, 05:39 PM
And you call yourself a republican/libertarian. Humph.

Hey, I'm a very conservative vegetarian (yes, we exist).

BroncoJoe
01-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Yep.. you want me to give you a buzz or text when I get in?

Absolutely.

spikerman
01-08-2014, 05:41 PM

My flight doesn't get in until after 5:00. We're going to try to find a place where we can have a couple and watch the late game. My buddy Bob doesn't get off work until 7:00 so we'll be hanging out for a while. If you want to try to meet up after you eat I can PM you my number.

slim
01-08-2014, 05:41 PM
http://www.priceline.com/valli-hi-motel-denver-colorado-co-1819789-hd.hotel-reviews-hotel-guides#tab_ratings

:lol:

Naa-Anorkor Okai from San Diego, CA
July 26, 2011

Motel was disgusting and the room smelled liked someone had died inside of it. I DID NOT STAY THERE AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

disgustiong, bug infested, ordor filled, absolutely unfit for human comfort, should be closed down.
This place was suprisingly disgusting. I am absolutely surprised that Priceline is allowing this nasty place to be listed amoungst the quality hotels that they generally offer. I feel as if I was cheated and want a full return of my money. I did not stay, their or check in. Please return my money

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-08-2014, 06:07 PM
:lol:

Did you see what I said on the previous page? My son and I stayed there 3 years ago. The google reviews are quite accurate. :laugh:

slim
01-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Did you see what I said on the previous page? My son and I stayed there 3 years ago. The google reviews are quite accurate. :laugh:

Yeah I saw it. In defense of the hotel, they do have 1 star.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Yeah I saw it. In defense of the hotel, they do have 1 star.

Well stated my friend. However, I don't think google gives you the opportunity to give negative scores. :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Now MSN has changed from yesterday. Precipitation is no longer in the forecast.

Colorado4Life
01-09-2014, 11:02 AM

President Obama said that there were 57 states. I know you are a fellow Freak CoachChaz but I'm going to stick with 57 as its an odd number not an even number and there are six letters in the word states and therefore it would only be appropriate to have an odd number of states if the word states itself is an even number.

Colorado4Life
01-09-2014, 11:07 AM

See I even found the correct 57 state flag. Look for anything online and you shall certainly find it. I sure hope the Broncos defense are looking hard at the game film from the past two games against the Chargers and are prepared to stop the run and contain Rivers.. Go Broncos, the better our defense and special teams play the less pressure will be on Peyton Manning and at this point in the season after all his throwing thus far that would be a good thing to make Manning's job as easy as possible from this point on.

Joel
01-09-2014, 11:57 AM
President Obama said that there were 57 states. I know you are a fellow Freak CoachChaz but I'm going to stick with 57 as its an odd number not an even number and there are six letters in the word states and therefore it would only be appropriate to have an odd number of states if the word states itself is an even number.
You can't trust what a politician says even when he's NOT joking, let alone when he IS. Romney promised—in "dead" earnestness—he'd expand my chances to hunt and shoot my family in "a better Amercia," but I'm STILL waiting for him to keep his word.
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/30/tech/mobile/amercia-romney-iphone-app/
http://www.tntmagazine.com/media/News/World_news/hunt_shoot_and_protect_romney.jpg

Tned
01-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Politics forum is ===============> that way guys, no need to talk about the President's lies/gaffs or other politicians statements in Broncos Talk.

pnbronco
01-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Hey guys I'm feeling better so if anyone wants to meet up Sat night....just text me....hope to see you soon.

BroncoNut
01-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Hey guys I'm feeling better so if anyone wants to meet up Sat night....just text me....hope to see you soon.

nothing personal, but catching diverticulitis isn't really my idea of a good time

just kidding, not even in the same time zone

glad you're feeling better though pn!!!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-09-2014, 04:33 PM
nothing personal, but catching diverticulitis isn't really my idea of a good time

:laugh:

Dude, do you know what diverticulitis is?

I've had it for about 5 years.

BroncoNut
01-09-2014, 04:36 PM
:laugh:

Dude, do you know what diverticulitis is?

I've had it for about 5 years.

vaguely. don't know if I really understand it. infection of the gut, I know it's not communicable, I thioguht once you had it, you are always a carrier or susceptible to reinfections. anyway. glad you both are no longer suffering.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-09-2014, 04:39 PM
vaguely. don't know if I really understand it. infection of the gut, I know it's not communicable, I thioguht once you had it, you are always a carrier or susceptible to reinfections. anyway. glad you both are no longer suffering.

It's basically a small indentation in the intestine that can occassionally get infected if food gets trapped in it. It's more or less a genetic thing. I had a minor flare up 5 years ago and originally thought I had a hernia. The doctor told me I had a good chance of not having another flair up as long as I ate right and stayed hydrated.

If you are familiar with colitis or Crohn's, it's similar to that. You have no risk whatsoever of being infected by someone whether or not they are experiencing a flair up.

spikerman
01-09-2014, 07:25 PM
I know you guys probably don't want to go down by 16th Street Mall, but I think there might be a Yard House next to my hotel and I may go there to watch the late game on Saturday unless everybody wants to meet up somewhere else. Like I said before, I don't have a car so I'll be limited.

MOtorboat
01-09-2014, 07:55 PM
I know you guys probably don't want to go down by 16th Street Mall, but I think there might be a Yard House next to my hotel and I may go there to watch the late game on Saturday unless everybody wants to meet up somewhere else. Like I said before, I don't have a car so I'll be limited.

That's where Buff, Shank, Dog, Frau, her friend and I had dinner.

Tned
01-09-2014, 10:04 PM

Is that up near denver pavillions or whatever that quasi mall on 16th street is? Near where the movie theater and Coyote Ugly?

spikerman
01-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Is that up near denver pavillions or whatever that quasi mall on 16th street is? Near where the movie theater and Coyote Ugly?

Shoot.. .sorry I don't know. I think it's near the capital. It's at 1555 Court Place if you can mapquest it. I'm willing to meet anywhere in that area if you guys are up for it. It just pretty much needs to be in walking distance.

Pudge
01-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Shoot.. .sorry I don't know. I think it's near the capital. It's at 1555 Court Place if you can mapquest it. I'm willing to meet anywhere in that area if you guys are up for it. It just pretty much needs to be in walking distance.

I hate that Denver doesn't have a taxi service :lol:

Dzone
01-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Newsman on KOA said a cold front will move in sunday night and it has wind in front of it. Winds throughout the game 15-25 mph. Temps in upper 40s to start game and mid to upper 30s at games end. Who knows for sure, they keep changing this forecast. So there could be some wind

spikerman
01-09-2014, 10:52 PM
I hate that Denver doesn't have a taxi service :lol:

Jackass. I don't have any money!

Pudge
01-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Jackass. I don't have any money!

I know the feeling buddy. A trip to Denver from Utah to Denver is expensive enough. I'm sure Texas isn't any better

Tned
01-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Newsman on KOA said a cold front will move in sunday night and it has wind in front of it. Winds throughout the game 15-25 mph. Temps in upper 40s to start game and mid to upper 30s at games end. Who knows for sure, they keep changing this forecast. So there could be some wind

Won't be as cold as last January, but that wind will still suck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

pnbronco
01-10-2014, 01:30 AM

We can make it there, Yard House, 1555 Court Place. What time?

spikerman
01-10-2014, 06:08 AM
We can make it there, Yard House, 1555 Court Place. What time?

My flight lands at a little after 5:00 and I'm taking a shuttle to the hotel, so 7:00-7:30?

G_Money
01-10-2014, 01:11 PM
So is there a thing Saturday? I have to drive my happy ass up to hang out with any of you, so if Joe has decided to pry himself away from his lovely wife for an hour or two, somebody lemme know.

~G

pnbronco
01-10-2014, 04:30 PM
So is there a thing Saturday? I have to drive my happy ass up to hang out with any of you, so if Joe has decided to pry himself away from his lovely wife for an hour or two, somebody lemme know.

~G

Well Joe I guess it's up to you if we get to have G's company. Gary and I will be there around 7:30. See ya soon Spiker and I hope a few others too....:D

Yard House, 1555 Court Place around 7.:30

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Color me jealous.

Buff
01-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Didn't like hearing that there could be wind gusts of up to 20 mph. Peyton struggles more in wind than he does cold, contrary to popular belief.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Didn't like hearing that there could be wind gusts of up to 20 mph. Peyton struggles more in wind than he does cold, contrary to popular belief.

Wind gusts of 15-20mph is not that big of a deal, especially in a stadium. I honestly don't think it will affect the passing game much at all.

Tned
01-10-2014, 09:57 PM
We are going to do an early dinner, but it's also going to be a long day as we have to leave for the airport around 5:30 am tomorrow, and have to get up do some stuff before we leave, so not sure if we will show up or not. We'll try and make it.

In the New England game, they tried not to run with the gusty wind, and had that luxury, because Moreno was running great. However, when they needed to pass and he started throwing on every down, the wind didn't even seem to phase him. That said, I agree that his wobblers tend to do better in light wind.

spikerman
01-10-2014, 10:12 PM
We are going to do an early dinner, but it's also going to be a long day as we have to leave for the airport around 5:30 am tomorrow, and have to get up do some stuff before we leave, so not sure if we will show up or not. We'll try and make it.

In the New England game, they tried not to run with the gusty wind, and had that luxury, because Moreno was running great. However, when they needed to pass and he started throwing on every down, the wind didn't even seem to phase him. That said, I agree that his wobblers tend to do better in light wind.
Hope you can make it, buddy.

Tned
01-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Hope you can make it, buddy.

Well, I'm a little older and grayer than when I was in London with Miles, and without my hat, a LOT balder, but if you see this guy come in (minus Doom jersey), it's good ole (or I guess old) Tned.

http://www.broncosforums.com/downloads/BroncosLondon/jan_uploads/P1030068.jpg

pnbronco
01-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Well, I'm a little older and grayer than when I was in London with Miles, and without my hat, a LOT balder, but if you see this guy come in (minus Doom jersey), it's good ole (or I guess old) Tned.

http://www.broncosforums.com/downloads/BroncosLondon/jan_uploads/P1030068.jpg

Me too Tned. Look I can hardly stay up past 10 these days. I still wear out really fast. So we won't be there too long but it would be great if you can swing by.

Tned
01-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Me too Tned. Look I can hardly stay up past 10 these days. I still wear out really fast. So we won't be there too long but it would be great if you can swing by.

It's 10:17 here, and I have a few things to finish up, before grabbing a fewer hours sleep, and I'm fading fast....

I'll try and talk my wife into it (not that she is nervous about meeting people that I know on the internet or anything... ;)), but if she's tired and not up to it, our hotel is only a few blocks away, so I will probably still run by.

dogfish
01-11-2014, 02:33 AM
wait. . . are you guys meeting up saturday? nobody told me?

:tsk:

MOtorboat
01-11-2014, 08:07 AM

There might be a reason for that.

:coffee:

pnbronco
01-11-2014, 10:05 AM

Sorry Dog I should have sent you a message. I just thought you read most of the threads and didn't want to go..... Color me embarrassed.....:pray: please forgive me.

So tonight: Yard House, 1555 Court Place around 7.:30 you know I would love to see you. Actually I would love to see all you guys that in the area. I really missed not being able to go to the tail gate this year. So just show up. Dog remember I've been on meds for almost 6 weeks.....I kind of get pass this time....:lol:.

spikerman
01-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Dog,

Show up!

Joe, you too!

pnbronco
01-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Dog,

Show up!

Joe, you too!

I agree and the rest of you too in the area....G, Gem, Shake, Buff, UR and who ever else I can't remember right now...just come on down....:D

spikerman
01-11-2014, 11:21 AM
I agree and the rest of you too in the area....G, Gem, Shake, Buff, UR and who ever else I can't remember right now...just come one down....:D

Ditto. Sorry. Didn't mean to leave anyone out.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Latest update:

Now that the Broncos' playoff game against the Chargers is almost here, eyes have turned to the weather forecast. With the high temperature Sunday in Denver expected to be in the mid-40s, the biggest concern will be the wind, which is forecast to be upward of 15 mph.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24889606/forecast-playoff-game-denver-will-be-windy-city

tomjonesrocks
01-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Latest update: rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24889606/forecast-playoff-game-denver-will-be-windy-city

Hope it results in a DRC pick on a long pass to Allen.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-11-2014, 12:07 PM
15 mph shouldn't affect the passing game too much.

Dzone
01-11-2014, 12:08 PM
What does wind do at Sports authority field? I mean, does it swirl through the stadium ? Does it blow a certain way? I honestly dont remember too many games in denver where wind was a factor.
I know a lot of it has to do with the way the stadium is built as to whether it messes with the ball..

Dzone
01-11-2014, 12:09 PM
15 mph shouldn't affect the passing game too much.
Yesterday I was hearing wind 15-25 with gusts up to 35mph. Maybe they have downgraded it

pnbronco
01-11-2014, 12:14 PM
The wind can do a weird swirl. I think Prater has talked how it can really effect the kicking game. It can be a factor on field goals if you're kicking into it or it's at your back.

Tned
01-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Yesterday I was hearing wind 15-25 with gusts up to 35mph. Maybe they have downgraded it

Weatherbug is saying 15-25 with gusts to 40.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Nomad
01-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Strong wind sucks. I'd take a snow game anyday over a strong wind game.

I know best conditions would be....mid 60s, sunny, and calm.

spikerman
01-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Hopefully the short passing game isn't affected too much. That's the Broncos bread and butter.

Nomad
01-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Hopefully the short passing game isn't affected too much. That's the Broncos bread and butter.

It depends how well Manning's ducks fly in the wind:drum::D

MasterShake
01-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Well the good news is Manning is more about the short passing game. He had a few beautiful long throws earlier this season but I expect to see a lot of screens and short crossing routes. The wind was awful yesterday, but seems to have calmed. Hopefully it is not a factor by game time tomorrow.

Tned
01-11-2014, 03:49 PM
I showed up at 7:30 and nobody was there.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Saturdays high winds are only a prelude to higher gusts expected Sunday afternoon that could reach 50 mph and make it tougher to lob a touchdown pass or kick a long field goal.

"I can't comment on how Peyton (Manning) is going to perform in the wind," said Dave Barjenbruch, meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Boulder. "There are going to be swirling winds."

Wind gusts were reaching as high as 40 mph on Saturday, making balmy temperatures into the high 50s, seem a lot cooler, Barjenbruch said. Sunday temperatures are expected to rise only to the mid-40s, he said.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/weathernews/ci_24892420/broncos-qb-peyton-manning-may-tangle-high-winds

Ziggy
01-11-2014, 04:35 PM
I want the worst weather condition possible tomorrow. Injuries, weather, blah, blah, blah, bring it on. The Broncos are about to shut up all the negative Nancies. The defense is going to dominate tomorrow. Book it.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2014, 05:30 PM
The four skydivers from Denver Broncos Thunderstorm still hope to descend into Sports Authority Field before kickoff Sunday — if Mother Nature cooperates.

"It doesn't look good," said David Billings, who added that they'll be grounded if winds surpass 15 mph.

With a forecast for Sunday of wind gusts reaching up to 50 mph, it's unlikely Billings and his three teammates will get to jump, he said.

Nevertheless, they'll be donning blue and orange jumpsuits and sitting near their headquarters at the Longmont airport before the Denver Broncos playoff game against the San Diego Chargers, just in case.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24892716/high-winds-likely-will-scuttle-skydiver-exhibition-at

dogfish
01-11-2014, 06:36 PM
so you guys are meeting in the middle of the game? yea, not gonna make it, sorry. . . somebody message me if you're still hanging out afterwards. . .

mouthofsouth
01-11-2014, 06:41 PM
The conditions will be nice except for one big thing: wind. That will affect both passing games. Which team does that favor, you think?

Tned
01-11-2014, 07:31 PM
so you guys are meeting in the middle of the game? yea, not gonna make it, sorry. . . somebody message me if you're still hanging out afterwards. . .

The "game" is on Sunday

Hawgdriver
01-11-2014, 07:36 PM

You in Denver?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2014, 07:47 PM
The conditions will be nice except for one big thing: wind. That will affect both passing games. Which team does that favor, you think?

It's hard to say. SD has been running more than passing during their win streak.

dogfish
01-11-2014, 07:50 PM
You in Denver?

yes. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2014, 08:24 PM
from a chargers' fan board - looks like there will be a lot of their fans at the game. How bout all you Bronco fans who will be there, crash their tailgate, and give them a Broncos' welcome :D

Hey Boltfans...I am down to host a tailgate in Denver next sunday for any of you who make the trip. I live in Denver, and have hosted Charger tailgates here for years. I will be in Lot M first thing in the morning, so hit me up if you would like to join me!! GO BOLTZ!!

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=100476

Ziggy
01-11-2014, 08:25 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24892716/high-winds-likely-will-scuttle-skydiver-exhibition-at

The skydivers they use to jump into the stadium before games are some of the best in the world. Those guys are phenomenal. The first time you see them, you think they're going to crash straight into the ground. At the last minute they pull it out. Great stuff.

spikerman
01-11-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm at the yard house.

Hawgdriver
01-11-2014, 09:42 PM
The skydivers they use to jump into the stadium before games are some of the best in the world. Those guys are phenomenal. The first time you see them, you think they're going to crash straight into the ground. At the last minute they pull it out. Great stuff.

I used to do that \m/

spikerman
01-11-2014, 09:44 PM
It's a 1.5 hour wait.

Tned
01-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Yikes

spikerman
01-11-2014, 10:06 PM
We're going to walk down the mall to see if we can find someplace. Post if you want to meet.

spikerman
01-11-2014, 10:13 PM
We're at the paramount cafe.

Tned
01-11-2014, 10:23 PM
We're at the paramount cafe.

Who's there? Not sure I'm going to make it. Just got back to room. We are both wiped out. Getting old sucks.

spikerman
01-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Pn and her husband. Light crowd but we had fun

MOtorboat
01-11-2014, 11:21 PM

Get breakfast and a Bloody Mary at the Rialto in the morning...you won't regret it.

Tned
01-11-2014, 11:33 PM

Next time for me. It turned out to be a long day.

Tned
01-11-2014, 11:34 PM
Get breakfast and a Bloody Mary at the Rialto in the morning...you won't regret it.

Haven't had the bloody Mary's, but like Rialto for breakfast. I usually stay at that courtyard.

Hawgdriver
01-11-2014, 11:35 PM
Glad to know you are all in town. :wave:

Broncos Mtnman
01-12-2014, 12:09 AM
New forecast calls for temps in the upper 30s with high winds (gusts up to 40-50 mph).

Hope the wind part is wrong.

Colorado4Life
01-15-2014, 11:52 AM
Politics forum is ===============> that way guys, no need to talk about the President's lies/gaffs or other politicians statements in Broncos Talk.

Dear King Tned,

The original reference was only in regards to the fact that the weather was known to change in either 50 or 57 states.. You got to admit the 57 state flag is super sweet... But at the request of his royal highness I shan't make this error again... If your name was Friday, then I could say, "correct as usual King Friday."