PDA

View Full Version : 'Get-Better Week'

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2014, 05:59 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- As of Thursday, only one team is certain to be on the field at Sports Authority Field at Mile High next Sunday in the Divisional Round of the AFC playoffs -- the Denver Broncos.

And that's who the Broncos are focusing on this week.

"I think you use this time to improve your team, your individual job, your mechanics, those types of things," quarterback Peyton Manning said. "And then, once you find out who it is you’re going to face Sunday afternoon, then you go from there.”

With the team's practices this week, the club will use the time to look at itself and what it can do to improve.

rest - plus Peyton video
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Get-Better-Week/920092be-1aab-4bde-b4b9-5f186017572e

NightTerror218
01-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Improve penalties dang it

Northman
01-02-2014, 06:31 PM
I swear if we go one and done again........

AngMunoz1987
01-02-2014, 06:46 PM
"Get Better Week" huh... I sure hope so.
If r Defense gets better we r a lock for the Super Bowl. They don't have to become the 85' Bears or the 2000' Ravens just a Bend But Don't Break Defense and cause a Turnover or two. We do that and no team can compete with us even if r Offense struggles.

Army Bronco
01-02-2014, 07:38 PM
I swear if we go one and done again........I'm feeling that if we don't go to the SB this year...I will be highly disappointed.

Canmore
01-02-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm feeling that if we don't go to the SB this year...I will be highly disappointed.

Agreed. Disappointed only scratches the surface.

dogfish
01-02-2014, 08:56 PM

i wouldn't sweat it. . . manning's played pissed all year, and i don't think any of our regular season wins or the TD record has done anything to diminish the rage. . . whoever comes here for the divisional round is a sacrificial chicken-- they're gonna get curbstomped. . .

Army Bronco
01-02-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm feeling that if we don't go to the SB this year...I will be highly disappointed.

Agreed. Disappointed only scratches the surface.I only said disappointed to avoid the wrath from the forums fan police. Queue the theme song "Bad Boys"!!!

Canmore
01-02-2014, 09:20 PM
i wouldn't sweat it. . . manning's played pissed all year, and i don't think any of our regular season wins or the TD record has done anything to diminish the rage. . . whoever comes here for the divisional round is a sacrificial chicken-- they're gonna get curbstomped. . .

Love your post. Hope you are right. :defense:

Broncolingus
01-02-2014, 10:29 PM

Amen, dude...

...we've more than checked that block as Bronco's fans for long enough I think.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2014, 01:46 PM
The Broncos continued their "get better" week on Friday, and for the second straight day, the team's injuries were close to nil. Defensive end Derek Wolfe was the only player missing; he's been given the week off to rest and will return Monday on a limited basis.

Safety Rahim Moore, who's eligible to begin practicing this week, was not present.

If the team posts two good practices in a row, Thursday and Friday, it'll have Saturday off. Coach John Fox will likely announce that later Friday afternoon.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24840168/derek-wolfe-out-broncos-practice-return-monday-rahim

CoachChaz
01-03-2014, 01:51 PM
I think the defense is the one thing that could prevent us from getting to the Super Bowl. We just dont have the defense to make up for a sub-par offensive performance. We score 40 a game because we almost have to. Eliminating Von from that just makes it worse. Especially since Del Rio doesnt know what the hell a blitz package is