PDA

View Full Version : All-AFCW Team

topscribe
01-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Peyton Manning, Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, Zane Beadles,
Louis Vasquez, and Orlando Franklin were selected for offense.

Shaun Phillips, Terrance Knighton, Danny Trevathan, and Chris Harris Jr. made
the defensive team.

I was quite surprised over DRC not making it. In fact, Tracy Porter was selected
over both DRC and Sean Smith. Huh?

Also, no mention of Matt Prater. Missed one (1) field goal all season - and that
one was more than 50 yards - missed NO PATs, lead the league in preventing
runbacks on kickoffs, and established a new record for the longest FG in history.
IMO, he should be All-Pro this year, not just AFCW.

Keenan Allen was selected over Wes Welker, which probably makes sense,
since Welker missed some games. Knowshon Moreno deserves some mention,
although one can't argue against Jamaal Charles. And the Chiefs just have to
have the best linebacking corps in the league, not just the AFCW.

Here is the entire list: http://tinyurl.com/m6owbz3

P.S. I forgot Manny Ramirez, who I think belongs somewhere in the discussion,
although one probably can't argue against Nick Hardwick at center.

Joel
01-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Where the Broncos took a hit came on special teams. Matt Prater (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11122/matt-prater), despite an NFL-record 64-yarder this season to go with a 25-of-26 showing on field goals, including 6-of-7 from at least 50 yards, did not make the cut. Prater also set an NFL record for touchbacks on kickoffs this season.
What the heck did Novak (or anyone else) do to top THAT? His ONE missed FG ALL YEAR was one of SEVEN attempts from 50+, including one that broke a 40 year old record. To that extreme individual kick we can also add a record CONSECUTIVE 75 PATs; he didn't score the TDs, of course, and a 19 yd kick may not sound like much, but about 1% of them are missed, so hitting 75 straight's a rare accomplishment in multiple seasons, let alone just one year.

Makes about as much sense as sending Phil Dawson to the Pro Bowl (good grief, that dude's still PLAYING?!) I guess they figure that, unlike Broncos, no one in Cleveland is likely to blow off the game to prepare for a SB.

G_Money
01-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Porter over DRC?

DRC is like the 4th or 5th best corner in the league according to PFF. "Has yielded a 67.8 opponent passer rating and a 44.1 opponent completion percentage, which leads the league."

That's a bit of a whoops.

~G

LRtagger
01-02-2014, 03:17 PM
LOL Novak and Porter

DenBronx
01-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Our Punter is the better Colquit.

Prater is the better Kicker.

DRC is leaps and bounds better than Porter.

And there is no way in hell that Allen is better than Welker!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-02-2014, 04:35 PM
DRC and Prater are hands down the best players at their positions in the AFC West, and it's not even close.

chazoe60
01-02-2014, 05:31 PM
I love how he points out how awesome Prater is and points out he didn't make the cut and writes not a single word as to why.

NightTerror218
01-02-2014, 06:10 PM
I love how he points out how awesome Prater is and points out he didn't make the cut and writes not a single word as to why.

He kicks in denver and is not as accurate outside of denver basically; which is hogwash

Joel
01-03-2014, 08:19 AM
He kicks in denver and is not as accurate outside of denver basically; which is hogwash
When a guys only miss ANYWHERE is a 50+ yarder and he made SIX others, it's definitely absurd to say he's only accurate in Denver. Thin air only aids range anyway, not accuracy. We can question the FG distance record, but then again all those who'd tied the OLD record did it under very asterisk-worthy conditions (except Akers; his Lambeau kick was legit, even if it bounced over the crossbar.) However, it was also exceptionally cold that day, which made the air much denser than it normally is, and thin air had nothing to do with hitting a record 75 straight PATs in a year.