PDA

View Full Version : Peyton keeps record

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2013, 07:43 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 43s

Just heard from NFL spokesman Michael Signora: It's official: Peyton Manning keeps record. Manning with 5,477 yards. http://denverpost.com/broncos .

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2013, 07:44 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m

Michael Signora: “The stats crew at the game scored this play as a forward pass. During the course of a season, there are many similar plays

BroncoWave
12-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Damn you are quick! Was just about to post the same thing. Saw this from Saints beat writer Larry Holder on Twitter:

NFL spokesman Michael Signora tells me Peyton Manning's pass will remain as call. So Manning keeps the record by one yard over Drew Brees.

Davii
12-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Good. Thanks for the update Carol!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2013, 07:49 PM
Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning will keep his NFL record for passing yardage in a single season.

The league and its statistician agency, the Elias Sports Bureau, reviewed a 7-yard completion from Manning to Eric Decker during the first quarter of the Broncos' 34-14 victory Sunday at Oakland and decided Tuesday evening that replays were not conclusive enough to overturn.

"The stats crew at the game scored this play as a forward pass," NFL spokesman Michael Signora said. "During the course of the season, there are many similar plays which could be reviewed by the Elias Sports Bureau, the league's official statistician. In this case, the determination of Elias is that the fairest resolution is for the ruling of the on-sight stats crew to stand."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24823030/peyton-manning-passing-record-under-review-nfl

shank
12-31-2013, 07:51 PM
word

Slick
12-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Damn you are quick! Was just about to post the same thing. Saw this from Saints beat writer Larry Holder on Twitter:

You have to get up pretty early in the morning to out scoop Carol.

BroncoWave
I'm glad the NFL did this. Definitely the right decision.

BroncoWave
Per Lindsay Jones:

Elias and the NFL say the "fairest resolution" is for Peyton's passing yards record to stand b/c play was initially ruled as a pass.

Joel
01-01-2014, 09:38 AM
I agree that's the fairest resolution; it causes the Raiders no harm, and there were almost certainly plenty of similar plays in Brees' 2011 season. It could be worse: Original (i.e. 1932) NFL season rushing leader Bob Campiglio lost the title to Cliff Battles on review—in 1971. Given the amount of time that had passed and the state of early '30s media (radio was less than a decade old, and film only a little older) I'm not sure how Elias made the determination, but determine it they did.
Re-congrats to Manning and the Broncos on another unprecedented achievement well earned. :salute:

Simple Jaded
01-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Lmao, Son of Bum's statement finally came true, "Poor Peyton thought he broke the *record"

Hawgdriver
01-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Lmao, Son of Bum's statement finally came true, "Poor Peyton thought he broke the *record"

Sounds like a broken record.

Broncolingus
01-01-2014, 02:54 PM
I slept better last night knowing this...

(...thx, Carol :D...)