PDA

View Full Version : Peyton has chance to set some records that do not take place within the game itself.

mouthofsouth
12-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong on any point stated here. If (when) he wins the MVP this year -- his 5th -- he tops his own record of 4. No one else has more than 3. He will also be the only player ever to get the MVP with two different teams. (This is impressive since usually a great player only goes to another team after he is pretty much washed up.) If he goes to and wins the Super Bowl, he will be the only quarterback to win it with two different teams. And even if he goes but does not win, he may be the only quarterback to get there with two different teams.

G_Money
12-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Kurt Warner got there with two different teams. But yeah, still impressive. I'd rather give Peyton the Super Bowl MVP trophy, though.

~G

pulse
12-30-2013, 02:35 PM
And even if he goes but does not win, he may be the only quarterback to get there with two different teams.

Kurt Warner made it to the Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams (winning twice) and the Arizona Cardinals (losing to the Pittsburg Steelers). There are probably quite a few backup quarterbacks that have made it to Super Bowls with different teams over the past 47 years. Not exactly who those are off the top of my head, however. If Peyton makes it there and wins, he will definitely be the only starting quarterback to ever win a NFL Championship with two different teams.

mouthofsouth
12-30-2013, 02:43 PM
You are right. I forgot about Warner. Peyton has to go AND win to get that honor.

chazoe60
12-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Kurt Warner made it to the Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams (winning twice) and the Arizona Cardinals (losing to the Pittsburg Steelers). There are probably quite a few backup quarterbacks that have made it to Super Bowls with different teams over the past 47 years. Not exactly who those are off the top of my head, however. If Peyton makes it there and wins, he will definitely be the only starting quarterback to ever win a NFL Championship with two different teams.

Warner only won the SB once with the Rams. He got there twice and won once (withthe rams)

pulse
12-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Warner only won the SB once with the Rams. He got there twice and won once (withthe rams)

Ahh that's right. His second trip with the Rams was won by the Evil Hoodie.

Joel
12-30-2013, 03:48 PM
The first QB to reach (and start) a SB for two different teams was a fella named Craig Morton, who lost the first, then lost the second to the guy who took his job. He was also the first (and, I believe, still the only) QB to start a SB for both conferences (even if we wanted to count the Colts for SBs III and V, Morrall started the first and Unitas the second.)