PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Thread: 9/13/09 Denver at Cincinnati

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TXBRONC
09-11-2009, 02:24 PM
This is close enough for me. I am excited to see the Broncos play for something real. While it has been turbulent off season I still support the Broncos come rain or sunshine. Let's all hope we play well on both sides of the ball and get some turnovers. Finally lets all hope we can avoid major injuries. :grillin:

dogfish
09-11-2009, 02:35 PM
little bit anxious there, TX?

:laugh:

TXBRONC
09-11-2009, 02:37 PM
little bit anxious there, TX?

:laugh:

Yeah I have butterflies in my stomach so I got a little trigger happy. :lol:

dogfish
09-11-2009, 02:50 PM
understandable. . . i'm pretty anxious for sunday to get here myself. . . . :D

Slick
09-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Tex is ready!!! I love it!

:defense: :salute:

ssgtwc
09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
:beer:

:defense:

let's get this season rollin!!!

:salute:

TXBRONC
09-11-2009, 03:17 PM
:beer:

:defense:

let's get this season rollin!!!

:salute:

Absolutely.

Nomad
09-11-2009, 04:34 PM
All I can is.........GO BRONCOS!

broncophan
09-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm ready......and I will be there!!!!!!!
GO BRONCOS!!!!

SoCalImport
09-11-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm ready...and I will be right here..at my computer...watching what will undoubtedly be a bad stream of the game!!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Nomad
09-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm ready...and I will be right here..at my computer...watching what will undoubtedly be a bad stream of the game!!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Yep, I'm with you SoCal! All those yrs with my ST and now it's no more :Cry:because of a couple damn trees and a wife and now I have to settle for streamland. OK rant over just going through a withdrawal moment!!:D

TXBRONC
09-11-2009, 10:22 PM

GO BRONCOS!!!

That sucks. Maybe that guy that's going to do the streams will be able to find a decent one for you to watch.

Jaws
09-12-2009, 02:20 AM
All ready for a Bungle beating. GO Broncos!

Davii
09-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Ya know, I don't remember being this excited for a season to start since the two SB's. I don't know why, but I am definitely more excited than normal.

LordTrychon
09-12-2009, 02:48 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!!

(Eventually, these will be up a year in advance, like car models. It will be awesome. :D)

BroncosRockdaRockies
09-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Almost Popcorn time!!!!! GO BRONCOS!

pnbronco
09-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Will not be near a computer for the next 48 hrs. Driving back to Denver tomorrow, so hopefully I can pick up a radio station. Everyone cheer extra hard for me and GO BRONCOS!!!

Lets hope for a great game with no injuries.

TXBRONC
09-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Will not be near a computer for the next 48 hrs. Driving back to Denver tomorrow, so hopefully I can pick up a radio station. Everyone cheer extra hard for me and GO BRONCOS!!!

I don't know if you'll hear me since I live in Odessa, TX. but I'll give it my best shot. :beer:

dogfish
09-12-2009, 01:08 PM

dang lady. . . you travel a lot, huh?

Davii
09-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Are they warming up yet?

Let's go Broncos, Let's go!

What a great weekend, Dave Matthews tonight and Denver Bronco football tomorrow!

Lonestar
09-12-2009, 04:48 PM
By Broncos Update

Posted Sep 12, 2009

The Denver Broncos travel to Cincinnati to open the regular season against the Bengals. Check out the complete game preview.

==================================================
Denver Broncos (0-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (0-0) ==================================================
GAME SNAPSHOT
KICKOFF: Sunday, 1:00 ET
GAMEDATE: 9/13/09
SURFACE: Grass
TV: CBS (Gus Johnson, Dan Fouts)
SERIES: 25th regular-season meeting. Broncos lead series 16-8. Denver won the last meeting in 2006. The last time the two teams hooked up in a regular-season opener was 2003, a 30-10 Broncos' win.

PREDICTION: Bengals 21-16

KEYS TO THE GAME: Broncos coach Josh McDaniels doesn't have quite the weapons to replicate his success from New England, but he will spread the field and throw often as the Bengals lack intimidating pass rushers. QB Kyle Orton (finger) appears likely to play, but the gameplan wouldn't change with backup Chris Simms. Rookie RB Knowshon Moreno should be in the mix for the power-based ground game along with Correll Buckhalter, LaMont Jordan and Peyton Hillis. The offensive line is a concern for Cincinnati, especially after the ground game flopped during the preseason. But minus their top two tight ends for the season, the Bengals will utilize plenty of three-receiver sets to take advantage of WRs Chad Ochocinco, Laveranues Coles and Chris Henry.

FAST FACTS: First-year Broncos head coaches are 8-0 in their regular-season debuts (not counting interim coaches). ... Of the Bengals 53-man roster, 23 players are new from Week 1 last season.

PERSONNEL NEWS
Broncos:
--CB Champ Bailey didn't say if he would match up with Chad Ochocinco on Sunday, but the Bengals are prepared for that. Even though Ochocinco got the best of Bailey in a 2004 matchup, two years later Bailey held him to three catches for 32 yards. That was the last meeting between the two.

--QB Kyle Orton practiced again Thursday with a glove on his right hand. Coach Josh McDaniels said he is "hopeful" Orton will be able to play Sunday, and that he should be able to go if there's no further setbacks. McDaniels said Orton's throwing hasn't been affected by an injury to his right index finger.

--DE Le Kevin Smith missed another day of practice. He would usually be a part of the defensive line rotation, but will probably miss Sunday's game.

--G Chris Kuper practiced for the second straight day. He is only two weeks removed from a high ankle sprain, but it appears he will be able to play in the opener.

--WR Jabar Gaffney could play on Sunday, McDaniels said. Gaffney broke his thumb less than three weeks ago, but has been practicing. McDaniels said Gaffney is tough, and could play if he doesn't have a setback late this week.

Bengals:
-- WR Chris Henry did not dress or practice on Thursday due to a thigh injury. He was riding an exercise bike during practice.

-- FS Chris Crocker will be the third cornerback in nickel situations. Crocker has played corner in the nickel before. David Jones continues to be out with a foot injury while Geoffrey Pope and Morgan Trent have not stepped up as third corners.

-- C Kyle Cook will get his first NFL start on Sunday. Of the three new starters on the offensive line, the second-year player has continued to impress coaches with his ability to be physical and communicate line calls.

-- K Shayne Graham, who was sidelined by a groin injury for three weeks, is back to 100 percent and will play.

-- SS Roy Williams, who was listed as having limited participation in practice on Wednesday due to a thigh injury, had full participation in practice on Thursday. He had eight tackles in the 2005 game against the Broncos while with the Cowboys.

INSIDE THE CAMPS
Broncos:
Receiver Brandon Marshall is almost certain to play Sunday, after missing the entire preseason with off-field issues, including a suspension by the team.

How much Marshall will play and how big of a role the Broncos will ask of him is unclear.

"Brandon certainly will (contribute), and he's had a good week of practice," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. "But we're going to use a lot of people. It's going to be hot."

Marshall said during the preseason he wasn't close to learning the playbook, which raised some flags. He didn't practice with the team all offseason because he was recovering from hip surgery, then a hamstring injury knocked him out for two weeks in training camp. When he came back he was stuck on the scout team and eventually suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.

So there are some issues that could keep Marshall from having a huge role. However, his attitude upon his return has been praised by coaches and teammates. And if the Broncos don't have Jabar Gaffney, who is not a sure thing to play because of a thumb injury, that means Marshall may have to play a lot right away.

"We don't necessarily have a preset plan, and that's usually how we do it with our skill players," McDaniels said. "But he should be out there a bunch and contribute a bunch also."

Bengals:
While all indications appear that Kyle Orton will be the starting quarterback for the Broncos against the Bengals on Sunday, the Bengals' secondary is still preparing for the possibility of facing both Orton and Chris Simms.

Preparing for both presents an interesting challenge since Orton is a right-handed thrower while Simms is a lefty.

"For the cornerbacks they don't have much difference. I think for the safeties it would be a bigger concern because they read their shoulders," cornerback Leon Hall said. "They are both pocket passers, so not like we're preparing for one guy who is a runner and another who is a passer."

The Denver receivers will present an interesting matchup for the Bengals' secondary. Everyone focuses on Brandon Marshall, but Eddie Royal caught 91 passes last year for five touchdowns while Brandon Stokley and Jabbar Gaffney are dependable possession receivers who can also break away and get lots of yards.

Hall had three interceptions last year while Joseph played just half the season and had one.

The Broncos do like to spread the field, but the Bengals' defense will also have to be concerned about receiver screens and yards after the catch.

"Obviously I'm concerned about Marshall but they're going to try and spread the ball out as much as possible. I know they're not going to play smashmouth against us," defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer said.

With the additions of safeties Chris Crocker and Roy Williams, cornerbacks Hall and Johnathan Joseph have had to up their level of physical play. Crocker and Williams have always been known as hard hitters, but both corners have responded.

http://den.scout.com/2/898206.html

Orange7
09-12-2009, 05:37 PM
I can't wait :beer:

Nomad
09-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Are they warming up yet?

Let's go Broncos, Let's go!

What a great weekend, Dave Matthews tonight and Denver Bronco football tomorrow!

Dave Matthews is great. I want to see them live one day!!

Davii
09-12-2009, 05:49 PM

Tonight will be my first time seeing them live... I'm excited.

Az Snake
09-12-2009, 06:04 PM
I get to see the Broncos live on CBS 10am local time !

--- GO BRONCOS !!! ---

LRtagger
09-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Go Broncos

http://www.myneonhaven.com/images/neons/57.jpg

honz
09-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Won't be able to catch the game tomorrow as we'll be on the river catching fish (I'm on vacation, yo) but I'll be wondering all day about how the game went. Everyone root extra hard for me. Go Broncos. And go go go Kyle Orton to the HOF!

broncophan
09-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Good morning............everyone enjoy the game today!!!
Getting ready to head down to Cincinnati right now.....:D....I can't wait.

33 years of being a bronco fan and this will be my 3rd time seeing them......lets hope they can get things off to a good start as they start a new era....

GO BRONCOS!!!

NorthernLights
09-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Good luck today Bronco fans. Football is back and now we can all celebrate. :beer:

Enjoy the game. Take care. NL

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 08:23 AM

If your driving to Denver, by noon, you should be able to pick up KOA. I can get it here in Missouri at night.

I've been four times. Absolutely wonderful in concert. By far my favorite band.

Tonight will be my first time seeing them live... I'm excited.

Not that I expect Davii to be up this early today, but how was it?

Requiem / The Dagda
09-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Hopefully we can come out of the gate strong and win this game. I think we can win a decent portion of our first five games. Unfortunately, I might be out shopping till around halftime of the show. I picked the wrong day to go out with a little lady and find stuff for home decor.

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Hopefully we can come out of the gate strong and win this game. I think we can win a decent portion of our first five games. Unfortunately, I might be out shopping till around halftime of the show. I picked the wrong day to go out with a little lady and find stuff for home decor.

Um, WTF?

Requiem / The Dagda
09-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah, it is blasphemy. But understand my 21" TV is sitting on the floor. I need to get a stand. Maybe I'll call her in like an hour and try to get done by kickoff. I think I have to get the game online anyways.

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Yeah, it is blasphemy. But understand my 21" TV is sitting on the floor. I need to get a stand. Maybe I'll call her in like an hour and try to get done by kickoff. I think I have to get the game online anyways.

You need a television stand?

Wal-Mart is open. Now. Get a fancy one later.

:tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-13-2009, 08:52 AM
For all those near Denver, CBS4 has the Josh McDaniels Show on right now. (I believe, according to the OM) Apparently, Josh doesn't script his first 10-15 plays like Shanahan did. I like that.

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Pregame show is on KOA.

www.koaradio.com

Some dude from Madison (not Sneakers) just called in.

GEM
09-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Pregame show is on KOA.

www.koaradio.com

I thought immediately of Sneakers as well.

The guy called in about the weather in Madison and his weather role model, Mike Nelson. *giggles*

Nomad
09-13-2009, 09:53 AM
:elefant::beer:As of Friday the local tv station had Indy/Jax game listed and just looked at the listing again today and they changed it to BRONCOS/Bengals!:elefant:

Just looked on the distribution map and they changed there as well, but I wonder why they have Mia/Atl in parts of MT and ID :confused:

Jaws
09-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Pregame show is on KOA.

www.koaradio.com

I wish I could listen to that, but us foreigners can't gain access to broadcasts due to licensing agreements.

There used to be something I could do to tweak it, to bypass those restrictions, only I've forgotten how to do that :(

I wish my over pond friends Den21 or Y2Cragie were around, I miss my knights in shining armour who were always on hand to help a sharkdamsel in distress.

Nomad
09-13-2009, 10:39 AM
I wish I could listen to that, but us foreigners can't gain access to broadcasts due to licensing agreements.

There used to be something I could do to tweak it, to bypass those restrictions, only I've forgotten how to do that :(

I wish my over pond friends Den21 or Y2Cragie were around, I miss my knights in shining armour who were always on hand to help a sharkdamsel in distress.

You always have MBLUHG around, I assume he's from manchester, not sure where that is compared to you! Is Den21 still on the board?

frauschieze
09-13-2009, 10:55 AM
:elefant::beer:As of Friday the local tv station had Indy/Jax game listed and just looked at the listing again today and they changed it to BRONCOS/Bengals!:elefant:

Just looked on the distribution map and they changed there as well, but I wonder why they have Mia/Atl in parts of MT and ID :confused:

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that. The area is centered around Missoula, MT, home of the University of Montana, who play in I-AA, and like Texas, football is a religion around here. We just don't play with the big dogs. So when two of our graduating class in 2007 were drafted and another picked up as a free agent, it was a big deal.

Ironically, all three will be playing in the MIA/ATL game: Dan Carpenter is the kicker for Miami, Lex Hilliard the second string fullback for Miami, and Kroy Biermann is a second string defensive end who is in on rotation for the Atlanta Falcons.

So while normally, I enjoy watching those three, particularly Carpenter, it interferes with my team this week and that makes me cranky.

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 11:09 AM

They seem to get better every year at closing out the loop holes :ugh:

The streams got that unreliable/poor at times last year, I've just sucked it up & coughed up for Gamepass for the season................I've upset the monster though by telling him I'm hooking the TV up to watch the game ;)

The FieldPass package (radio) is pretty reasonable ($20 for the season)

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 11:10 AM
You always have MBLUHG around, I assume he's from manchester, not sure where that is compared to you! Is Den21 still on the board?
Like a bad penny :)

A few technical issues interupted service

Nomad
09-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Like a bad penny :)

A few technical issues interupted service

Hey there Den21!!:beer:

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey there Den21!!:beer:
Hey :beer:

Nearly time, eh? :D

Nomad
09-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Den21, Sharkie, MBLUHG and whoever else, Charlie Cashman just said the NFL may send a team to London, possibly the Rams!!! Curious!!

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Den21, Sharkie, MBLUHG and whoever else, Charlie Cashman just said the NFL may send a team to London, possibly the Rams!!! Curious!!

Ya thats really going to work out great, talk about west coast teams hateing early east coast games...

Jaws
09-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Great to see you Den. Wouldn't the same without you. :beer:

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 11:19 AM
In what context?

Nomad
09-13-2009, 11:22 AM
In what context?

He said the NFL is looking to sell a team to London and being the Rams are for sell, it's a strong possibility. It's seriously being discussed, I don't recall hearing a time frame but I'm sure it within the next couple years!

Jaws
09-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Wow, well the rams would fit right in here in Wales. We like our sheep! :lol:

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 11:27 AM
He said the NFL is looking to sell a team to London and being the Rams are for sell, it's a strong possibility. It's seriously being discussed, I don't recall hearing a time frame but I'm sure it within the next couple years!
Great, send 'em to London, & I can just keep on supporting the Broncos :laugh:

Trying to get into London & back on a Sunday's a nightmare

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 11:35 AM
We like our sheep! :lol:

I didn't think you were from Wyoming.

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 11:37 AM
11:32 a.m. EDT: Here are the inactives for the Broncos; Josh Barrett, Chris Kuper, Chris Baker, Brandon Gorin, Brandon Lloyd, Jarvis Moss, Le Kevin Smith and Tom Brandstater is the third quarterback.

Here are the Bengals inactives, CB David Jones, HB DeDe Dorsey, s Tom Nelson, OT Scott Kooistra, TE Chase Coffman, WR Jerome Simpson, DE Frostee Rucker and Jordan Palmer is the third quarterback. Also, the Bengals have announced that Rey Maualuga will start at linebacker in place of Rashad Jeanty.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-13-2009, 11:44 AM
They seem to get better every year at closing out the loop holes :ugh:

The streams got that unreliable/poor at times last year, I've just sucked it up & coughed up for Gamepass for the season................I've upset the monster though by telling him I'm hooking the TV up to watch the game ;)

The FieldPass package (radio) is pretty reasonable ($20 for the season)

You're alive!!!! :eek:

You just don't know where to look if you can't get a good stream. I've found one today which is like watching Skysports. Over 1100kb per second though :eek: I've turned it off until kick off. (Wish it would hurry up)

I hope to God there is never a team based anywhere other than North America.

The thing about Football (American) being big enough over here to house a team and sustain it is laughable really because you probably wont know this but last season Sky Sports would show a game at 6pm (1pm ET)& 9pm (4pm) and also another game on the red button interactive. We would also get to see SNF and MNF. This year the contract was ended early and now Sky Sports only get 1 game at 6pm and 9pm every Sunday. The SNF is shown on free to air and there is no channel in Britain that shows MNF! Apparently we Brits have no divine right to see any Football at all (Allister Kirkwood the NFL honcho in Britain has told the NFL UK site this). ESPN I feel will get MNF once the baseball is finished. For anyone to think that the sport is big enough over here when the broadcasters can't be arsed to even show the same amount of games over as they did last year is wrong.

That isn't to say it wont happen as I didn't think that regular season games would happen over here either (another move I'm deadset against). There is a difference however between milking fans for all they've got once a year to see the likes off Tom Brady and the Pats or Dolphins/Giants (both have big following over here) and expecting fans to turn up 10 times a season including preseason and pay the obscene entrance fees for a team like the Rams. You'll be lucky to get 20,000 every home game.

Keep it in America ffs.

Sorry rant over. Just a subject that
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/kurtenblog/what-grinds-my-gears.jpg

Next week: Scousers (Welcome Back Den :laugh: )

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Chat Room...

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 12:00 PM
It is time............

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 12:02 PM
I love Gus Johnson.

D1g1tal j1m
http://www.justin.tv/bengalswhodey

Nomad
Kick the ball off already!!!!! Yeah Dan Fouts:rolleyes:

D1g1tal j1m
09-13-2009, 12:03 PM
whoopsies!!

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Well that would of been a horrible way to start the season.

BroncoAV06
Oh Buck running strong!

Nomad
Nice runnin so far......good blocking

nbenallo33
buck looking good

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:05 PM
:tsk:Catchable ball

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Nice catch Marshall.

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:06 PM
BS no call

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Bomb by Kern.

Defense debut.

nbenallo33
09-13-2009, 12:07 PM
should have been a penalty

Zweems56
09-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Well that was an obvious illegal contact. Screw that.

MOtorboat
That was terrible (the no call and Marshall's nice catch)...ok D...

Elevation inc
guess they dont call penalties these days no contact allowed after 5 yds downfield....good zip on that ball for what its worth to stokley.....

LRtagger
09-13-2009, 12:09 PM
That was BS

Elevation inc
come on marshall...focus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Den21vsBal19
should have been a penalty
Indubitably

Not a bad punt

Let's see what the new D is all about :couch:

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Run D lookin good so far:defense:

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Way to go Champ:tsk:

BroncoAV06
Wow, was all excited then zone!

nbenallo33
Come on dawkins and bailey

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Wow, was all excited then zone!
:frusty::frusty::doh:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2009, 12:14 PM
:defense::defense::defense:

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Bounced back after two big gains, forced punt!

Elevation inc
09-13-2009, 12:15 PM
good stuff d....

LRtagger
09-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Zone coverage looks a little soft, but run D looks good. Need to get more pressure if we want to win this game.

We aren't going to force any turnovers with a soft zone and no QB pressure thats for sure.

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Phew....................that was starting to look frighteningly familiar :couch:

Elevation inc
i think the coverage stuff is some butterflies and adapting to game speed.....ayers messed up bad and looked like bailey had some confusion on pass defense....after that they settled a bit it seems

Nomad

Hopefully it was just rust with the DBs!!

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Put buck back in

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Well if that was not tipped, Stoke was surrounded by 3 Bengals....

nbenallo33
come on Orton

Elevation inc
lame offense.........

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Focus BRONCOS, focus!!!

Zweems56
09-13-2009, 12:20 PM
If this isn't a time that we need a turnover, i dont know what is.

BroncoWave
09-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Where can i watch this game online? Our damn bar isn't showing it.

Elevation inc
marshall, royal.....i mean come on i love stokley but orton is staring him down hard core.......

Zweems56

http://watchyourbroncos.webs.com/index.html

Slick
09-13-2009, 12:22 PM

http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=4a6f518d7dfac

Nomad
soft, soft, soft:defense:

BroncoWave
http://watchyourbroncos.webs.com/index.html

That site doesn't work,

nbenallo33
09-13-2009, 12:23 PM
:defense:we need some pressure on Palmer....

Elevation inc
09-13-2009, 12:24 PM
ooooo almost smith

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2009, 12:25 PM

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57312

BroncoAV06
Caught off gaurd we were.

Elevation inc
gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LRtagger
fck me

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 12:26 PM
All day, Benson/Ocho getting hot....

Missed tackles all over teh place again.

MOtorboat
Can't tackle and can't catch.

:tsk:

Nomad
It's like last season all over again....meaning nothing has changed! I can't get over how pro football players can't tackle!!

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Not so special teams ~ Present and accounted for :frusty:

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Good call by Cincy on the fake, got them 3pts.

Elevation inc
good hold defense....

Broncos4Ever24
hell yeah, shades of 06

BroncoAV06
Well if that was not tipped, Stoke was surrounded by 3 Bengals....

Yes jinx!!!!!!!

Nomad
Awesome turn of events!!! BRONCOS are lucky

LRtagger
yea babyyyyy

MOtorboat
What a turn of events!

Let's capitalize!

Az Snake
09-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Bungle !!!

Elevation inc
09-13-2009, 12:29 PM
thats the stuff right there....lol

LRtagger
09-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Thats why we have Lonnie :lol:

Elevation inc
gotta make them pay now....

D1g1tal j1m
get special teams play (tongue and cheek).

Nomad
Bungle !!!

"They don't call them the Bungles for nothing"...Dan Fouts:lol:

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Awesome turn of events!!! BRONCOS are lucky
Well that makes a refreshing change :lol:

Broncos4Ever24
kyle orton had all kinds of time and still gets sacked

Nomad
Effortless by Orton:tsk:

LRtagger
09-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Watch that ice on the field Kyle.

Elevation inc
09-13-2009, 12:33 PM
they dont call him unathletic for no reason.....lame............

Elevation inc
09-13-2009, 12:33 PM
whats even worse is that wasnt even the OL's fault...its called pocket awareness, step in the pocket throw the ball....football 101

EMB6903
09-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Orton is a joke.

LRtagger
WTF how can we not get anyone open against this crappy secondary.

silkamilkamonico
Tom Brandstater!!

Elevation inc
whos the rookie....lol

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Name change did him well.

D1g1tal j1m
Where's the passrush that I saw in the preseason?

Elevation inc
WTF bailey............

LRtagger
wow talk about effortless CHAMP

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:38 PM
:sigh: WTF!

You're right LRtagger, with the receivers we have and making the Bengals secondary look all pro.

Maybe I just need to take a chill pill:lol:

Benetto
09-13-2009, 12:39 PM
This is a freakin joke right? The Broncos can't buy a first down, Orton SUCKS mad balls, and the Bengals are driving down the field at will....If it weren't for continuous penalties and retarded FG units it would be 10-0 right now.

LRtagger
There it is

Sparkie
Miraculously I, an addictive nailbiter, have managed NOT to nibble my fingernails for 2 whole weeks.
If I start biting my nails again during this opening game, personally I shall blame Mr K. Orton. :mad:

Afternoon/evening everybody! :madgrin: :salute:
And welcome back, Den! :beer:

Nomad
Where's the passrush that I saw in the preseason?

Good call

Elevation inc
09-13-2009, 12:40 PM
there we go.....dawkins and davis...love them

Dreadnought
This is a freakin joke right? The Broncos can't buy a first down, Orton SUCKS mad balls, and the Bengals are driving down the field at will....If it weren't for continuous penalties and retarded FG units it would be 10-0 right now.

Agreed. We look like an even worse team than I feared. Pitiful. Orton is worse than useless

Elevation inc
a solid d cordinator knows how to adjust imagine that...if that was slowik he would bring in barret as a punt returner in cover 1 deep and pray....

Benetto
09-13-2009, 12:41 PM
This is the Bengals guys come on... How are we going to match up against the Ravens, Steelers, etc...

Pick it up Broncos come ON!!

D1g1tal j1m
Nice by Nolan, change it up and bring more pressure. Something Slowick couldn't figure out. If it isn't working, bring more guys.

Mike
Agreed. We look like an even worse team than I feared. Pitiful. Orton is worse than useless

He just looks skittish and it doesn't seem like he is processing the game at all...like it's coming at him too fast.

LRtagger
09-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Wow gonzo just made a crazy catch in ATL...matt ryan looks terrible.

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:42 PM

He's alot worse than what he did in Chicago last year with a worse team. Seems he would be playing lights out here!!!:confused:

Mike
09-13-2009, 12:43 PM
NIce play Goodman.

Nomad
Awesome play Goodman

LRtagger
Wow my butthole just puckered up

Elevation inc
great freakin close on the ball by goodman

BroncoAV06
Great play by Goodman. Broncos keeping them just out of point range still. Offnese has to get a 1st down and get teh defense a break, we know what happens when the other team gets rolling agaisnt a Broncos D....

LRtagger
09-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Good thing their punter sucks ass

D1g1tal j1m
09-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Field position, looks like last year. Long drives.

LRtagger
09-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Field position, looks like last year. Long drives.

nah if it was last year we would already be losing 14-0

Elevation inc
i cant belive our Oline is gonna give orton time the whole game, and he will look like a scared girl who cant make a decision fast enough....lets just run the balll.....f it!!!!!!!!!!

BroncoAV06
Wow gonzo just made a crazy catch in ATL...matt ryan looks terrible.

Ah could it be....only the 1st game!? lol. I myself am just trying to take a deep breath and hope....maybe?

Nomad
It's like Cincy read the playbook!!

Mike
They have got to get a little more creative on playcalls

Elevation inc
its not hard screen, 5 yd pass, screen 5 yd pass

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Big payday for marshall:lol:

LRtagger
Marshall sucks

Benetto
Nice catch Marshall...

BroncoAV06
OMG, Orton gets it down field and B-Marsh through the hands...camp anyone?

Mike
What a pathetic offensive showing.

Jaws
Woot a one yard pass completed.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Nothing wrong with Kyle's arm on that pass to Marshall

Elevation inc
offense sucks just like it has all pre-season guess the preseason means more than people realize.....

MOtorboat
Brandon Marshall...yeah...I want him on this team...:rolleyes:

Zweems56
Marshall... .What the ****.

LRtagger
Can we put hillis at every position?

Dreadnought

I'm embarrassed, frankly

Nomad
Sure tackler Hillis....maybe he should play defense as well. Where's larson??

Slick
Ouch!

3 and out, took absolutely zero time off the clock. Our defense is being asked to do too much again.

Brandon needs to make those catches.

nbenallo33
09-13-2009, 12:49 PM
come on marshall... REALLY??? it went right through your hands???

Dreadnought
09-13-2009, 12:49 PM
offense sucks just like it has all pre-season guess the preseason means more than people realize.....

Its worse than preseason. Total ineptitude on display

Benetto
09-13-2009, 12:50 PM
If the season gos on like this, I will be VERY VERY upset with the Cutler trade.

Nothing we can do or say about it now, but it will really bother me throughout Fall/Winter....

Tim Tebow Anyone?

Mike
So I guess the positive game thread won't be getting much traffic today.

D1g1tal j1m
Look, Marshall had to slow down his route as the ball didn't get there fast enough, but he should have made the catch. He needs to learn to adjust to Orton's throws and with no preseason or camp work, the chemistry isn't there. But our offense is sputtering.

Elevation inc
what happened to the f'in run...bucky goes 8, 14, 6 and we stop...wtf

Nomad
The sun is shining here and awesome football weather.....had to say something positive

LRtagger
09-13-2009, 12:51 PM
we need a turnover to spark the offense.

Jaws
So I guess the positive game thread won't be getting much traffic today.

Well, one positive is, playing crap, but we're not losing, yet!

Dreadnought

We already basically got one with the FG

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Just tackle the effing player and quit trying to strip the effing ball

Mike
Well, one positive is, playing crap, but we're not losing, yet!

Long live the Bungles.

Den21vsBal19
Might be a relief that my official, bought & paid for stream has fell over...........can't even get audio now :mad:

Peerless
09-13-2009, 12:53 PM
we suck

LRtagger
uhhh DJ getting held

Jaws
Might be a relief that my official, bought & paid for stream has fell over...........can't even get audio now :mad:

I think your stream must be having a nervous breakdown as well!

Elevation inc
09-13-2009, 12:54 PM
DAVIS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>webster/winborn

Mike
I hate 3rd downs.

LRtagger

D1g1tal j1m
Good pocket awareness my Palmer, Orton take note.

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Bengals aren't a good team, but somehow the BRONCOS are making them look all pro

soonerjh
09-13-2009, 12:55 PM

we just need new sparkplugs!

Elevation inc
09-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Bengals aren't a good team, but somehow the BRONCOS are making them look all pro

wi6th orton at the helm detroit will look good against us

Mike
Sweet

Elevation inc
least our run defense is better

D1g1tal j1m
Yeah!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense::defense::defense:

LRtagger
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Slick
Hell yeah

BroncoAV06
What now! Champ tip, Woody on the pick!

No mas Ocho!

EMB6903
Champ!

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:57 PM
WOW, did I just witness an effort by our corners and a turnover!! Good job Champ and #59

LRtagger
OK who had WW as having the first INT for the season?

D1g1tal j1m
Hopefully we get more than a 3 and out.

MOtorboat
Nice...right at Ochocinco. That a boy champ.

Elevation inc
bailey and woodyard.....hell yeah.....our liabilty is the pass a bit but we do a good job of staying focused on d compared to last year

Zweems56
YES! I'll take this defense. The offense really needs to step it up though.

LRtagger
now its time to march down the field and turn that into POINTS

RunYouOver
We really, really needed that.

D1g1tal j1m
Estrada!!!!

Benetto
Finally...Lets hope this BS Offense actually gets a first down

MOtorboat
now its time to march down the field and turn that into punts

What?

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:58 PM
wi6th orton at the helm detroit will look good against us

BRONCOS can make them look all pro even without Orton;)

silkamilkamonico
Well, not real impressed with Moreno right now.

Elevation inc
BRONCOS can make them look all pro even without Orton;)

that was slowik and ramsey...lol

Nomad
09-13-2009, 12:59 PM
A Royal sighting:beer:

Elevation inc
09-13-2009, 12:59 PM
3 yds for a first we can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Yes Cutler forced to many thorws, put the team in jepordy.....

Mike
Well, not real impressed with Moreno right now.

When a defense can key in on the run it makes running the ball difficult.

Orton freaking sucks.

D1g1tal j1m
I don't ask for much, just one 1st down...

Benetto
Jeez what a surprise...4th straight 3 and out.

Nomad
That ball is missing that zip

Elevation inc
wow so gay our poor defense.....

LRtagger
09-13-2009, 01:01 PM
wow hope they make some halftime adjustments

RunYouOver
:laugh: Kyle Orton is really, really bad.

I bet right about now Mcdaniels is going: "Oops. Maybe I should've kept Jay..."

Slick
I guess a first down is too much to ask for this quarter.

Mike

Like putting Orton back on the plane?

Benetto
09-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Question is, will Mcdaniels set his massive ego aside and bench Orton at least by week 3?

Dreadnought
09-13-2009, 01:02 PM

To what? Orton is not fixable, ladies and gents. This is the same guy I watched in Chicago

Nomad
09-13-2009, 01:03 PM
is Brandstater active, if so put him in the game!!!

And put Buckhalter in the game as well

Elevation inc
09-13-2009, 01:04 PM

like bringing in simms and playcalling right...lol

Mike
is Brandstater active, if so put him in the game!!!

And put Buckhalter in the game as well

Forget Buck...put Hillis in the game. How can you not involve the kid in the game is beyond me.

D1g1tal j1m
Our defense is going to be gassed by the 3rd quarter.

Nomad
09-13-2009, 01:05 PM
I was a person preaching 'wait and see' about Orton but I beleive I've seen enough!!

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Forget Buck...put Hillis in the game. How can you not involve the kid in the game is beyond me.

Well you know, the good players don't fit the scheme....

RunYouOver
09-13-2009, 01:07 PM
What's really depressing is watching the Jets at the same time, seeing their rookie franchise QB looking good, making plays...and he's only a rookie.

We have no QB. :tsk:

Nomad

True! Buckhalter was gaining positive yards earlier and I agree haven't noticed that Hillis hasn't been part of the offense yet

Slick
To what? Orton is not fixable, ladies and gents. This is the same guy I watched in Chicago

He looks worse actually.

Mike
True! Buckhalter was gaining positive yards earlier and I agree and haven't noticed that Hillis hasn't been part of the offense yet

Neither has Royal or Sheff. :tsk:

nevcraw
09-13-2009, 01:08 PM
got to run the rock... put hillis in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 01:09 PM
If Marshall catches the ball on that play, two things happen. The offense opens up and some of these short routes are easier to complete and y'all aren't whining about Orton less than a half into the season.

Jaws
I'm quite glad that Del Potro and Nadal are distracting me on tv.

CrazyHorse
:defense: but where's the offense?