PDA

View Full Version : Who do you hope we face in the divisional round?

CrazyHorse
12-30-2013, 04:56 AM
I personally would like a second chance against Indy at home.

Salutethis
12-30-2013, 07:00 AM
Agreed! I am hoping for a revenge tour of sorts... Indy then NE...then let's take out Seattle to silence doubters...

Shazam!
12-30-2013, 08:03 AM
More like who don't I want them to play. I do not want Denver to face KC or SD.

Northman
12-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Kansas City. Out of the 3 they are the weakest link despite their record.

chazoe60
12-30-2013, 08:16 AM

This, but I am almost positive we'll be playing the Colts. I give KC and SD very little chance of surviving the first round.

Northman
12-30-2013, 08:22 AM
This, but I am almost positive we'll be playing the Colts. I give KC and SD very little chance of surviving the first round.

I think the Bengals are the most vulnerable (in terms of the big 4) but i agree with you that the chances of SD and KC making it in the next round is very low.

MasterShake
12-30-2013, 08:32 AM
As focused and healthy as the Broncos looked yesterday, I really don't care. Mile High is going to be a slaughterhouse for any team that walks in here (and yes, I do remember last year :lol:). But for the sake of a good storyline I picked Indy. Like others my dream scenario is Indy then New England.

TXBRONC
12-30-2013, 08:34 AM
I think the Bengals are the most vulnerable (in terms of the big 4) but i agree with you that the chances of SD and KC making it in the next round is very low.

Agreed. Dalton can't play like hot garbage and expect to beat the Chargers. That said if he does play well I think the Bengal will win.

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 08:44 AM
Indy. I don't want any part of a divisional matchup in the playoffs. Anything could happen in those.

Skinny
12-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Indy. I would love to see Peyton shred them in the playoffs.

BroncoNut
12-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Indy. I don't want any part of a divisional matchup in the playoffs. Anything could happen in those.

not sure I follow you here BW. oh, I got you. divisional. are SD,, KC, and Denver all in the playoffs? and if so, how can that be?

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 10:13 AM
not sure I follow you here BW. oh, I got you. divisional. are SD,, KC, and Denver all in the playoffs? and if so, how can that be?

SD and KC got the wildcards, nut.

OrangeHoof
12-30-2013, 10:29 AM
SD should be the easiest to beat (Broncos were sore and unfocused that Thursday night) but they will get bounced in cold, wet Cincinnati. That leaves us with the Chiefs/Colts winner and I could flip a coin between the two. Both have been inconsistent down the stretch.

Buff
12-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Philip Rivers always brings his A game against us... Mike McCoy knows all of Peyton's post-surgery limitations. I just don't want to play the Chargers.

Northman
12-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Yea, im already hearing about how the last 4 SB champions have opened up their home games with the Eagles and people proclaiming the Chargers will do it this year.

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Philip Rivers always brings his A game against us... Mike McCoy knows all of Peyton's post-surgery limitations. I just don't want to play the Chargers.

I don't know, I think that Thursday loss was a weird scenario. We were way more banged up than them and the short week cost us some players who maybe could have played on Sunday.

Also, since McCoy knows our team better than we know his, that gives him a huge advantage in a short week. With one week to study them a bit and another week to fully prepare if we play them, I don't think they will enjoy the same preparation advantage.

That was the worst game by far we played this season and we still had a chance to win late in the game. I just don't think we play that poorly if we play them again.

Northman
12-30-2013, 10:48 AM
The problem is the Chargers are very hungry. They barely escaped playing KC's backup's and that could very well be a major boost to their confidence going forward. It happened with the Ravens vs us last year so SD could be a very very dangerous team.

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 10:50 AM
The problem is the Chargers are very hungry. They barely escaped playing KC's backup's and that could very well be a major boost to their confidence going forward. It happened with the Ravens vs us last year so SD could be a very very dangerous team.

You don't think this Broncos team is hungry? If that Ravens loss last year doesn't make them motivated to go out for blood in this year's playoffs then we don't deserve to win a playoff game. I am not worried about this team's motivation compared to SD's.

If SD were so hungry and focused, why did they barely beat a team full of backups yesterday?

GEM
12-30-2013, 10:52 AM

Agreed. I do NOT under any circumstance want to see the Chargers. Phillip, as much as I hate him, does really well in Mile High. He actually enjoys playing here. He's that dude that you would adore if he's on your team and hate if he's not. Pretty fiery guy.

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Agreed. I do NOT under any circumstance want to see the Chargers. Phillip, as much as I hate him, does really well in Mile High. He actually enjoys playing here. He's that dude that you would adore if he's on your team and hate if he's not. Pretty fiery guy.

I still think we would beat SD in a rematch, but I would definitely be more comfortable playing the Colts instead.

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Another thing I think works in our favor. Last season, everyone pretty much had us written into the SB before the playoffs. We had won a zillion games in a row, had homefield, seemed like a sure thing. We had also played a team we had just killed a few weeks earlier, and everyone seemed sure we would do it again.

Now, everyone is talking about how Manning can't win in the cold, how the 1 seed meant nothing last year and won't mean anything this year, how our defense isn't good enough to win a title, blah blah blah. And we are also likely to play a team that beat us in the regular season, unless we get KC.

I think the combination of all of that will have this team more motivated and focused in the playoffs than they were last season. I just have a really hard time seeing any of those 3 teams coming into Denver and winning the first playoff game.

Dapper Dan
12-30-2013, 11:01 AM
I'd really like to see us play Oakland again.

Northman
12-30-2013, 11:10 AM
You don't think this Broncos team is hungry? If that Ravens loss last year doesn't make them motivated to go out for blood in this year's playoffs then we don't deserve to win a playoff game. I am not worried about this team's motivation compared to SD's.

If SD were so hungry and focused, why did they barely beat a team full of backups yesterday?

Why did we allow NE to come back and beat us? Why did we allow that same SD team to beat us at home? My guess is SD took it for granted that KC was playing their backups and it almost cost them. At times this year i have seen Denver lose focus and i do question how hungry they are. But now the season is a new and its time to see if they have indeed learned that lesson from last year.

Northman
12-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Another thing I think works in our favor. Last season, everyone pretty much had us written into the SB before the playoffs. We had won a zillion games in a row, had homefield, seemed like a sure thing. We had also played a team we had just killed a few weeks earlier, and everyone seemed sure we would do it again.

Now, everyone is talking about how Manning can't win in the cold, how the 1 seed meant nothing last year and won't mean anything this year, how our defense isn't good enough to win a title, blah blah blah. And we are also likely to play a team that beat us in the regular season, unless we get KC.

I think the combination of all of that will have this team more motivated and focused in the playoffs than they were last season. I just have a really hard time seeing any of those 3 teams coming into Denver and winning the first playoff game.

They havent talked about the Manning and cold in weeks following the Titans game. After the records we have set the last two weeks all the talk is how Denver is going to be the favorite again to win the SB.

tripp
12-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Talent wise, I'd rather play the Chargers, they looked like crap playing against back ups in a situation where it's do or die. It's just being reported now, it was a penalty on the Chargers during that botched FG attempt by Succop in the 4th quarter, so if the game was officiated properly, Chargers wouldn't even be here in the first place, in which my answer would be the Steelers all the way plz.

My heart wants us to take on Indy and kick their ass, however, Andy Luck scares me with his impressive 4th quarter come backs, and when our defense is on it's heels, it's even more pathetic than it usually is.

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Why did we allow NE to come back and beat us? Why did we allow that same SD team to beat us at home? My guess is SD took it for granted that KC was playing their backups and it almost cost them. At times this year i have seen Denver lose focus and i do question how hungry they are. But now the season is a new and its time to see if they have indeed learned that lesson from last year.

Yes, we lost a few regular season games. Big whoop. So have all but two teams in the history of the NFL. That doesn't change my stance that I think we will be plenty motivated and amped up for our playoff games.

Northman
12-30-2013, 11:14 AM
If there is one thing we've learned this year is that any team can beat the Broncos. Just depends on which Broncos team decides to show up.

Dzone
12-30-2013, 11:15 AM
SD almost got beat by the chiefs bench. Thats weak. Any team can come here and beat us, but sd wont do it twice in a row

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 11:16 AM
If there is one thing we've learned this year is that any team can beat the Broncos. Just depends on which Broncos team decides to show up.

It's the NFL. Any team can beat any team any year. Not exactly breaking news. I'm not saying Denver CAN'T be beaten. Of course they can. But I still like their chances over any other team in the AFC.

CrazyHorse
12-30-2013, 11:21 AM

I still think we beat ourselves more than anything.

Northman
12-30-2013, 11:22 AM
It's the NFL. Any team can beat any team any year. Not exactly breaking news. I'm not saying Denver CAN'T be beaten. Of course they can. But I still like their chances over any other team in the AFC.

Which is why i question the hunger at times. They have a tendency to play down to opponents and get complacent. Its a whole different vibe for me with this team compared to the 98' one.

Northman
12-30-2013, 11:22 AM

Absolutely, the talent is there we all know that. But beating yourselves is what happens when the Ravens come in and beat you in your own house.

tripp
12-30-2013, 11:26 AM

Every time we've lost we've thrown a pick, and the turn overs have been the death of us. Don't even need to score on every drive like we seem to do against every team we've faced so far, we just need big 3rd down stops on our D.

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Which is why i question the hunger at times. They have a tendency to play down to opponents and get complacent. Its a whole different vibe for me with this team compared to the 98' one.

All 3 teams that beat us were playoff teams, and they were all very close games. Forgive me for not being overly concerned about that. I have no issues with this team's motivation. The Indy game was just weird for Manning and his mind probably wasn't right for it, but now that he got past that game, I don't think it will be an issue again. Especially since this matchup would be in Denver. The Chargers game I've already explained. Short week, we were really banged up, and with McCoy being more familiar with us they had the preparation advantage in a short week. The NE game was definitely concerning but they had Gronk then and they don't now. Their offense just isn't the same without him.

It's not like we were losing games to the Texans and Jags this year. We lost 3 really close games to playoff teams. Every team in the NFL lost at least 3 games this season. Given the lessons learned last year, I have zero doubt that this team will be fully prepared and motivated for the playoffs.

Nomad
12-30-2013, 11:32 AM
A rematch with the Chargers, then Patriots in the AFCCG.

Slick
12-30-2013, 11:36 AM
A rematch with the Chargers, then Patriots in the AFCCG.

Just win the game BRONCOS! Right Nomad?

Nomad
12-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Just win the game BRONCOS! Right Nomad?

Amen! Preach it, Rev Slick!:D 3 more games to go.

BigDaddyBronco
12-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Colts, then Chargers, then the Chiefs. It's really hard to beat a good team twice in a season let alone 3 times. The Chargers scare me as they can run the ball and Rivers can play out of his mind sometimes. The Colts caught us at the right time and will have a much harder time with us in Denver. All three teams could be able to run the ball against us, play good defense, and keep Manning off the field. They will have to keep the 3 and outs to a minimum if they want to win this game.

Northman
12-30-2013, 11:43 AM
1 game to go. Dont get ahead of ourselves.

BroncoNut
12-30-2013, 11:46 AM

suck on a lemon loser

BigDaddyBronco
12-30-2013, 11:47 AM

:confused: Are we going to lose in the 1st round bye?

slim
12-30-2013, 11:50 AM
I don't care. Just win.

Nomad
12-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Colts, then Chargers, then the Chiefs. It's really hard to beat a good team twice in a season let alone 3 times. The Chargers scare me as they can run the ball and Rivers can play out of his mind sometimes. The Colts caught us at the right time and will have a much harder time with us in Denver. All three teams could be able to run the ball against us, play good defense, and keep Manning off the field. They will have to keep the 3 and outs to a minimum if they want to win this game.

Agree. I do like the challenge the Chargers bring. I may have watched one game of the Bengals this year, so I'm not sure of the matchup they bring to the Chargers. I believe the Patriots bring the biggest obstacle, and it would a great way to beat those 2 teams and get a Superbowl bid.

A Seahawks/BRONCOS Superbowl would be ideal.....an old AFC West matchup.

BigDaddyBronco
12-30-2013, 11:54 AM
I would like a revenge tour. Beat the Chargers or Colts, then beat the Patriots, and beat the 49ers or Seahawks in the SB for payback for the losses over the years.

tripp
12-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Agree. I do like the challenge the Chargers bring. I may have watched one game of the Bengals this year, so I'm not sure of the matchup they bring to the Chargers. I believe the Patriots bring the biggest obstacle, and it would a great way to beat those 2 teams and get a Superbowl bid.

A Seahawks/BRONCOS Superbowl would be ideal.....an old AFC West matchup.

|I really do believe the hype and record the Bengals bring to opposing teams when they come to their barn. So I'm going to say Chargers lose unfortunately because that would mean Bengals play New England in Foxboro where the Patriots stomp them. Leaving us to actually play the more difficult the teams in the Chiefs/Colts.

I'm rooting for KC and San Diego this weekend I guess.

chazoe60
12-30-2013, 11:59 AM
I would like a revenge tour. Beat the Chargers or Colts, then beat the Patriots, and beat the 49ers or Seahawks in the SB for payback for the losses over the years.
Beat the 9ers in the SB 56-10 and have John Elway's post game speech go like this "suck it queers" mike drop.

Northman
12-30-2013, 12:00 PM
:confused: Are we going to lose in the 1st round bye?

:confused:

Im talking about the first game we play in the playoffs.

Nomad
12-30-2013, 12:01 PM
|I really do believe the hype and record the Bengals bring to opposing teams when they come to their barn. So I'm going to say Chargers lose unfortunately because that would mean Bengals play New England in Foxboro where the Patriots stomp them. Leaving us to actually play the more difficult the teams in the Chiefs/Colts.

I'm rooting for KC and San Diego this weekend I guess.

I'm terrible at the playoff scenarios. I'll have to look at a breakdown. I was thinking the BRONCOS play either Bengals or Chargers, then whoever wins the Chiefs/Colts/Patriots matchup....obviously I'm wrong:lol:

Dapper Dan
12-30-2013, 12:02 PM
suck on a lemon loser

Kiss your mother with that mouth?

Dapper Dan
12-30-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm terrible at the playoff scenarios. I'll have to look at a breakdown. I was thinking the BRONCOS play either Bengals or Chargers, then whoever wins the Chiefs/Colts/Patriots matchup....obviously I'm wrong:lol:

I do that every single year.

tripp
12-30-2013, 12:03 PM

Bengals are the #3 seed, so if they win, they auto play the Patriots. Our best scenario in my humble opinion, would be if San Diego wins, and KC wins. San Diego #6 seed comes to us, and then the Chiefs #5 seed goes to Patriots.

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 12:03 PM

The 1 seed plays the lowest seeded winner in the first round. We can't play Cincy since they are the highest seeded team in round 1.

slim
12-30-2013, 12:05 PM

There is no way they can play the Bengals, they are the highest seeded team playing this weekend.

slim
12-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Assuming the Bengals win (which is almost a lock, IMO) we will get the winner of the KC/Indy game. So I am guessing it will be the Colts.

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 12:07 PM
That Indy/KC game could go either way IMO. I have no idea in that one. Don't fall victim to the fact that Indy just killed them a few weeks ago. Denver killed the Ravens in week 15 last year.

tripp
12-30-2013, 12:10 PM
That Indy/KC game could go either way IMO. I have no idea in that one. Don't fall victim to the fact that Indy just killed them a few weeks ago. Denver killed the Ravens in week 15 last year.

All depends if Indy's defense shows up. They still didn't do a very good job of containing Charles, but they pressured Alex Smith enough to make poor check down throws which screwed them.
Andy Luck is a great 4th quarter QB, I'd be ok with Indy winning, I just don't see it happening.

Nomad
12-30-2013, 12:12 PM
There is no way they can play the Bengals, they are the highest seeded team playing this weekend.

Yeah, I didn't think about the seeding, but the playoff picture they showed on tv yesterday and SD/Bengals were next to the BRONCOS.

It's all good....BRONCOS will be ready for whoever they face.

slim
12-30-2013, 12:15 PM

Indy is a better team and they are playing at home. I think they will win, but then Denver was the better team playing at home last year, so you never know.

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Indy is a better team and they are playing at home. I think they will win, but then Denver was the better team playing at home last year, so you never know.

Agree on all points. You just never know in the playoffs. I usually suck at predicting playoff games. What you expect to happen seems to rarely take place.

artie_dale
12-30-2013, 12:19 PM
I voted Colts, but not because I'm afraid of facing the Chiefs or Chargers. It's a whole new ball game and I would like Peyton to redeem himself against his replacement (Andrew Luck). No matter who we play, I expect them to bring it. Hopefully, the Broncos bring it the same way they brought it Oakland.

Slick
12-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Dungy said last night he thought the only team that could beat the Broncos was the Patriots. Obviously, any team could, but if we play our best, I agree. I wouldn't mind one bit if someone took care of Tom and Bill before it came to that.

TXBRONC
12-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Denver is more than capable of beating all three of those teams. I don't care who they face just win.

Northman
12-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Denver is more than capable of beating all three of those teams. I don't care who they face just win.

Basically. You want to be the best than beat the best. Just git r done.

Buff
12-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Dungy said last night he thought the only team that could beat the Broncos was the Patriots. Obviously, any team could, but if we play our best, I agree. I wouldn't mind one bit if someone took care of Tom and Bill before it came to that.

I, of course, just want to win the Super Bowl and don't care how it happens... But all things being equal, it'd be pretty awesome to beat the Colts, Patriots and Seahawks in doing so. That way there could never be any doubts or question marks. All demons would be exorcised.

slim
12-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Beating the Pats would be sweet. Just think of all the fun we could have with WTE.

Slick
12-30-2013, 12:41 PM
I, of course, just want to win the Super Bowl and don't care how it happens... But all things being equal, it'd be pretty awesome to beat the Colts, Patriots and Seahawks in doing so. That way there could never be any doubts or question marks. All demons would be exorcised.

Fair enough. History shows us that Peyton has a hard time beating Brady and Belichick. Be careful for what you wish for. A Lombardi is more important to me than a revenge tour.

TXBRONC
12-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Basically. You want to be the best than beat the best. Just git r done.

Yep. :salute:

Btw I hope you're being the most insufferable pain in the ass to Ravens fans today. :D

Buff
12-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Fair enough. History shows us that Peyton has a hard time beating Brady and Belichick. Be careful for what you wish for. A Lombardi is more important to me than a revenge tour.

I agree 100%... But I just hate the Pats so much and don't want to let them have any upper hand. Plus - that might be the most highly rated NFL game in the history of the world. But we said all of this last year too... So first things first.

Nomad
12-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Curious as to why most would prefer a matchup with the Colts?

Slick
12-30-2013, 12:53 PM

They really haven't played all that well late in the season. San Diego is on fire, and beating the Chiefs three times in one season could prove to be difficult. Reid has shown he is a good playoff coach. Path of least resistance.

OrangeHoof
12-30-2013, 01:04 PM

4th highest team in the league in penalties despite being largely a veteran club. Essentially, we have the talent to blow out teams with less talent. The question is whether we have the discipline and desire to beat teams that are as talented as we are.

BroncoNut
12-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Kiss your mother with that mouth?

no but I make out with yours with it

BroncoNut
12-30-2013, 01:06 PM

easy win and revenge I think

BroncoNut
12-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Beating the Pats would be sweet. Just think of all the fun we could have with WTE.

it would be bittersweet. yeah, a bronco win, but I'd feel sad for PAGS and WTE

Dzone
12-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Revenge for Manning, whom the Colts tossed on the trash heap . To stick it in Irsays face. That makes it the most attractive scenario.

slim
12-30-2013, 02:01 PM

I would feel a little for Pags, but not WTE.

pulse
12-30-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm going with Indy over KC and Cincy over SD in the wildcard round. Denver beats Indy and New England beats Cincy in the divisional round. Denver hosts New England for the AFCCG. I won't make a pick for that one until I see the divisional games played.

chazoe60
12-30-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm going with Indy over KC and Cincy over SD in the wildcard round. Denver beats Indy and New England beats Cincy in the divisional round. Denver hosts New England for the AFCCG. I won't make a pick for that one until I see the divisional games played.

I'll make it for you, Denver wins.

mouthofsouth
12-30-2013, 02:40 PM
SD almost got beat AT HOME by KC who had little to play for AND played their second team all game. So, I do not think SD will even get past the first round, but if they do, they are the weakest team. I believe Denver would beat them easily if they played again. However, it would be nice to play Indy again at Mile High and have a vengeful Manning and Broncos team light it up.

DenBronx
12-30-2013, 02:45 PM
2 wins at home to get to the SB. That's all!

We can do this. Doesnt matter who comes here I think we are hot going into the playoffs and that's what we need. I know we lost to SD a couple weeks back but I think that might have been a wake up call.

I think the Bengals win for sure at home against SD. So most likely we will play KC or Indy.

BroncoNut
12-30-2013, 02:48 PM

a more untrue statement I have not heard. Daniel is a beast

pulse
12-30-2013, 02:49 PM
I know we lost to SD a couple weeks back but that was a wake up call.

Fixed.

DenBronx
12-30-2013, 02:50 PM
SD almost got beat AT HOME by KC who had little to play for AND played their second team all game. So, I do not think SD will even get past the first round, but if they do, they are the weakest team. I believe Denver would beat them easily if they played again. However, it would be nice to play Indy again at Mile High and have a vengeful Manning and Broncos team light it up.

If it's Indy here in Denver. I think Manning goes absolutely bezerk. That first game I think got to him emotionally a bit but this time at home I think none of that will matter to him.

Also Welker will be back for that game.

DenBronx
12-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Fixed.

Ok???

Might or was......my point was still made. We played like a hungry team yesterday.

BroncoNut
12-30-2013, 02:53 PM

I saluted this post but I'll be keeping a closer eye on you from here on out.

pulse
12-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Ok???

Might or was......my point was still made. We played like a hungry team yesterday.

Just making sure there was no need to hesitate or wonder what it might have been. That loss was 100% USDA approved/certified wakeup call.

Timmy!
12-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Couldn't care less. Have them draw straws for all that it will matter. Peyton is going to dice up whoever the sacrificial lamb may be.

DenBronx
12-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Just making sure there was no need to hesitate or wonder what it might have been. That loss was 100% USDA approved/certified wakeup call.

34-0 in the first half from our starting offense alone and we can all agree this team looks wide awake now. They could have easily scored 50+ points on the raiders yesterday.

Northman
12-30-2013, 04:12 PM
34-0 in the first half from our starting offense alone and we can all agree this team looks wide awake now. They could have easily scored 50+ points on the raiders yesterday.

To be fair though man, that was the lowly Raiders. We were up 24-0 on NE and should of walked away with that game as well.

BroncoWave
12-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Tweet from Cecil Lamney:

just got back from #Broncos HQ Dove Valley..talked to David Bruton he says "this team is on high alert" for playoffs

PatriotsGuy
12-30-2013, 08:31 PM

My true friends make themselves apparent.

Buff
12-30-2013, 08:33 PM
My true friends make themselves apparent.

What about you guys PAG, what's the consensus on who you'd like to play in the divisional round?

PatriotsGuy
12-30-2013, 08:41 PM
What about you guys PAG, what's the consensus on who you'd like to play in the divisional round?

Whatever bitch team dares to show up

Dapper Dan
12-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Whatever bitch team dares to show up

The bitch team should already be there. You got a first round bye. I think he's asking who do you think your bitch team will play.

PatriotsGuy
12-30-2013, 08:45 PM
It's the playoffs. Any given Sunday all the way.

Dapper Dan
12-30-2013, 08:47 PM
It's the playoffs. Any given Sunday all the way.

Some teams play on Saturday.

chazoe60
12-30-2013, 08:48 PM
It's gonna be Cincy for NE. That could be a pretty good game.

Ziggy
12-30-2013, 08:53 PM
I don't care who the Pats play, Ill be rooting for them. It's always fun to watch Brady get knocked out in the playoffs, especially in Denver.

PatriotsGuy
12-30-2013, 08:56 PM
I want the same thing I wanted last year. New England Denver AFC Championship game. Let the hate fest continue.

pulse
12-30-2013, 09:47 PM
I want the same thing I wanted last year. New England Denver AFC Championship game. Let the hate fest continue.

You'll get that game and after it you'll hate Denver even more than you do now.

dogfish
12-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Dang, i never knew PAGs was such a badass. . .

PatriotsGuy
12-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Dang, i never knew PAGs was such a badass. . .
It's playoff time dog. Time to shelve the malbec and uncork the chateauneuf, if you know what I'm saying.

dogfish
12-30-2013, 10:16 PM
It's playoff time dog. Time to shelve the malbec and uncork the chateauneuf, if you know what I'm saying.

i have no idea what you're saying, but i like the sound of it. . .

Runamok
12-30-2013, 11:47 PM

Pats are the most dangerous. The way they are running the football is scary. Any team where Brady has become their second option is going to be a problem for anyone. I think they may be going to the super bowl again and I don't know how. But here's why.

Of the four teams playing this week, two have proved they can beat the broncos. Not that they will again but they can. One (Bungles) is the 3 seed so Denver wouldn't see them until the AFC title game and the other (Chiefs) might not be so easy to beat a third time in one season. Andy Dalton is runs hot and cold and Rivers is running only hot lately, so I think they will knock the Bengals out. So regardless of what happens in Indy, Denver would draw the Chargers. And the Chargers have never been kind to Peyton as a Colt or as a Bronco. They upset the Peyton's Colts at home in the playoffs 4-5 years ago and beat this record-setting Broncos this year already. Hate to be negative, but they are dangerous and could do it again. But if that doesn't happen, Denver gets either Indy or KC and each could be a problem as I already said. Indy is probably the best draw.

Indy might be the best draw for NE too. But the Bengals shouldn't scare them either. Cinci beat NE earlier, but that was 13-6 score and it ain't likely NE will be held again without a td or two anytime soon. Chargers seem to have a problem with NE so that might not be the way to eliminate the Patriots. KC looks to be the tough draw there.

zbeg
12-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Whichever team has the worst offense, particularly the rushing offense. I'm very concerned about the lack of Wolfe/Miller/Vickerson/Moore, and who knows how effective Wolfe will be even if he does play. If the Broncos get into a situation where they play against a good defense and a bad offense, I like that a lot better than the other way around, where teams can do what the Chargers did a few weeks ago when they limited the Broncos to 8 offensive possessions.

I absolutely do not want the Chargers, so I guess it's the winner of the Chiefs/Colts game. I'm not thrilled about Jamaal Charles or Andrew Luck, but they're at least somewhat more one-dimensional (Colts offense has been much much worse without Reggie Wayne), and I don't expect Vontae Davis to play the game of his life the way he did during the SNF game. Props to him, but that was not a typical performance by him. And the Broncos still probably win that game easily if it goes another quarter, but they didn't make the adjustments in time.

Similarly, the Bengals are great at home but not so good on the road. I think the best path is:

Colts beat Chiefs
Bengals beat Chargers

Broncos v Colts.
Bengals beat Patriots.

Broncos v Bengals.

Go Bengals!

Poet
12-31-2013, 12:29 AM
PAGS is a ******* manbeast.

nevcraw
12-31-2013, 01:59 AM
The threepeat concerns me. Hasn't been done much so if the Chiefs lose I won't be sad.
but bring on the hornet stings from losing to the likes of the chargers or colts and pray we get a redux against the Pats. I hope they take manning's passing record away too. someone needs to kick the dog of every defensive player on the broncos while they are at it…
and for good measure bring out the liquored up kicker out of the dive bar for some tongue wagging just to piss manning off a little more..

TXBRONC
12-31-2013, 10:04 AM
The threepeat concerns me. Hasn't been done much so if the Chiefs lose I won't be sad.
but bring on the hornet stings from losing to the likes of the chargers or colts and pray we get a redux against the Pats. I hope they take manning's passing record away too. someone needs to kick the dog of every defensive player on the broncos while they are at it…
and for good measure bring out the liquored up kicker out of the dive bar for some tongue wagging just to piss manning off a little more..

The threepeat thing doesn't bother me. When the Steelers last won the Super Bowl they had to beat the Ravens three straight times in order to get to the Super Bowl.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2013, 07:57 PM
I want Kansas City.

The team I DON'T want to play most is San Diego. They're a dangerous team.

Dapper Dan
12-31-2013, 08:35 PM
Denver is a dangerous team.

Nomad
12-31-2013, 08:46 PM
I like the challenge and intensity the Chargers will bring, I'm looking forward to the game. They will bring out the best in the BRONCOS and a warm up for the Patriots.

Slick
12-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Do you guys think they still watch last years playoff loss film for extra motivation?

BroncoWave
12-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Denver is a dangerous team.

I still think we have a chance.

Dapper Dan
12-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Do you guys think they still watch last years playoff loss film for extra motivation?

I doubt it.

TXBRONC
12-31-2013, 11:19 PM
I want Kansas City.

The team I DON'T want to play most is San Diego. They're a dangerous team.

Even the Chargers don't bother me. I think Chargers are a more dangerous team than Chiefs but I think Denver can handle just as well.

BroncoWave
01-01-2014, 12:10 AM
If we're really a Super Bowl team we won't have a problem beating any of the 3.

zbeg
01-01-2014, 12:56 AM
If we're really a Super Bowl team we won't have a problem beating any of the 3.

That's not really how Super Bowl teams work. The 97 Broncos barely beat the Chiefs, Steelers, and Packers. Those games could have easily gone the other way with a bad bounce or two. Does that mean the Broncos were not a SB team?

Dapper Dan
01-01-2014, 08:22 AM
As long as the Colts lose, we'll be okay.

BroncoWave
01-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Ya know I was thinking about it, and this is still a round away, but I almost hope we do play NE if we make it to the AFCCG. I feel like if someone knocks them off in the divisional round, our team may almost relax knowing that their biggest nemesis is out of the way, and they may come into the AFCCG with less urgency and get knocked out. Reminds me of 2005. Pitt knocked out our kryptonite in Manning and the Colts and I think our team felt relieved and probably didn't take Pitt as seriously as they would have Indy. I almost fear the same could happen to us if NE gets knocked out. Maybe I'm just worrying too much.

TXBRONC
01-03-2014, 10:08 AM
I don't see Denver relaxing whomever the opponent is.

Broncolingus
01-03-2014, 09:48 PM
...did anyone else already post about whoever wins, Denver's opponent starts with the letter C?

...as in, 'C' you later :D

Dapper Dan
01-03-2014, 09:56 PM
...did anyone else already post about whoever wins, Denver's opponent starts with the letter C?

...as in, 'C' you later :D

Go home. You're drunk.

Broncolingus
01-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Go home. You're drunk.

...not even yet...

BroncoWave
01-03-2014, 10:09 PM
I don't see Denver relaxing whomever the opponent is.

Maybe not consciously, but I could see them being relieved at not having to play the Pats, and unintentionally losing focus. Once again, I hope this is just me being paranoid. I'm almost positive that's what happened in 05. I think once Peyton went out, our guys pretty much already had plans for the Super Bowl.

OrangeHoof
01-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Manning wants a ring badly so he can stop hearing about how his loser little brother has more than him. I can't imagine him relaxing against anyone we could be facing. So the offense side of the equation is solved. Who wakes up the defense? Maybe Del Rio and his axe will make a return.

aberdien
01-04-2014, 05:07 PM
I think we're the favorites regardless of who we play, and we should beat either of those teams. But I don't want to play the Chiefs. I don't like the idea of having to defeat a division rival three times in a season. Chargers would also be tough potentially for division rival reasons, but I think I would prefer them to the Chiefs. I think Manning would want to demolish the Colts so I would love that matchup.

But really, if we lose to either of them in the divisional round I will be shocked and mad and disappointed because we are better than all of them.

Northman
01-04-2014, 05:11 PM
I think we're the favorites regardless of who we play, and we should beat either of those teams. But I don't want to play the Chiefs. I don't like the idea of having to defeat a division rival three times in a season. Chargers would also be tough potentially for division rival reasons, but I think I would prefer them to the Chiefs. I think Manning would want to demolish the Colts so I would love that matchup.

But really, if we lose to either of them in the divisional round I will be shocked and mad and disappointed because we are better than all of them.

We were actually better than that Ravens team last year. Just cant take any team for granted like we did last year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-04-2014, 05:32 PM
It's looking like we'll get the Chiefs.

BroncoJoe
01-04-2014, 05:59 PM
It's looking like we'll get the Chiefs.

Good. I want to embarrass them.

Northman
01-04-2014, 06:01 PM
The way they are playing right now im not so sure we would embarrass them.

BroncoJoe
01-04-2014, 06:05 PM
The way they are playing right now im not so sure we would embarrass them.

I am always fully confident in every thing I do, or think about.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-04-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm hoping the Chargers win. The Chiefs are peaking, and I want a little redemption for that home loss.

dogfish
01-04-2014, 06:23 PM
I am always fully confident in every thing I do, or think about.

easy, baldy. . . not everyone can be as badass as you. . .

Nomad
01-04-2014, 06:36 PM
I'm hoping the Chargers win. The Chiefs are peaking, and I want a little redemption for that home loss.

I'm hoping for Chargers then Chiefs then Seahawks. It'll be just like old times:D

Bosco
01-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Chiefs.

They're a mirage and would be the best "tune up" game possible.

silkamilkamonico
01-04-2014, 07:13 PM
This COlts team since halftime I want no part of.

Ravage!!!
01-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Give me the Chiefs. They can't stop the pass, and our team absolutely EXCELS in the passing game. Give me the Chiefs, PLEASE!!

Dapper Dan
01-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Who invited Baylor versus West Virginia?

Bronco4ever
01-04-2014, 07:29 PM
I hope we play this banged up chiefs squad. KC has gotten a lot of help to be up right now.

Northman
01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
If Denver is as good as people believe it doesnt matter who we face. Just win baby.

Runamok
01-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Broncos will need to score 70 to beat either of them.

LawDog
01-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Well, it won't be the Chefs...

Nomad
01-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Damn! I check my phone and the Chiefs go and lose:tsk:, so much for the old AFC West reunion I wanted.

Ravage!!!
01-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Well... choice between Indy, Chargers.... I'm not sure which one I prefer. I think either will be as tough as the other.

TXBRONC
01-04-2014, 08:23 PM
If Denver is as good as people believe it doesnt matter who we face. Just win baby.

Yep.

Ziggy
01-04-2014, 08:26 PM

Well said North. I'll never understand why people want the easiest path to the super bowl. I want a team that is truly tried and tested when they get there. Manning is probably drooling over the prospect of getting a second shot at Luck, especially in the playoffs.

Ziggy
01-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Broncos will need to score 70 to beat either of them.

I remember my first beer.

TXBRONC
01-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Well said North. I'll never understand why people want the easiest path to the super bowl. I want a team that is truly tried and tested when they get there. Manning is probably drooling over the prospect of getting a second shot at Luck, especially in the playoffs.

There isn't a truly easy path to Super Bowl.

pulse
01-04-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm not worried. Kansas City got conservative in the third quarter. They started calling some highly predictable runs and following up with short passes. Indy's defense started containing and getting third down stops. Then the turnover and KC just fell apart. The Colts had no business being in that game. The Chiefs folded. Denver needs to play fast the ENTIRE game. No letting up. Sure, I expect the Colts to score some points. I'll even say they score in the 20s. But we should be able to pull away after Manning shreds their secondary. Denver lost a close one in Indy during the regular season. They got down early and the offense was out of sync. Yet, we still almost pulled it out. This time around I expect Denver to win big.

VonDoom
01-04-2014, 10:36 PM
The Colts are a strange team but an extremely dangerous one. Luck is the new comeback kid - he's going to be giving NFL teams fits for many years to come. That being said, I think we beat that team this time (if we play them). Their defense was horrible and while I expect them to score some points, I don't think they can keep up. They have a habit of digging themselves huge holes this year and then trying to get out of them. Dig a big hole in Denver and they will be buried in it.

Broncolingus
01-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Not stealing North's thunder...

...but with the #1 seed & home field for the playoffs, and about as healthy as we can be at this point in the season, I don't really care either at this point who Denver gets.

Bottom line, if Denver wants to be playing in January, there shouldn't be a team out there that is a 'worry...'

JMO...

Nomad
01-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Get ready for the Chargers, BRONCOS!

Tned
01-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Revenge tour. Looks like getting to the super bowl will mean beating two of the three teams the Broncos lost to in the season.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

BroncoWave
01-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Revenge tour. Looks like getting to the super bowl will mean beating two of the three teams the Broncos lost to in the season.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

No "looks like" about it. We WILL have to beat two teams we have lost to, since the 3 other teams left beat us.

Joker56
01-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Looks like Broncos vs. Chargers Number 3.
Go Broncos !!!!!

CoachChaz
01-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Bengals totally shit the bed

Joker56
01-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Is our D ready for the Chargers ???? :elefant: :elefant: :salute:

aberdien
01-05-2014, 04:07 PM
No way Peyton lets the Chargers win again.

CoachChaz
01-05-2014, 04:10 PM

Del Rio's side of the ball worries me more than Peyton's

aberdien
01-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Del Rio's side of the ball worries me more than Peyton's

Yeah, I was about to edit that post and say "but the defense...."

jhildebrand
01-05-2014, 04:24 PM

The Chargers have always been a team that rattles Peyton and gets his happy feet going.

Game 1 the TOP favored SD heavily 38 minutes to 22. Denver won by 8.

Game 2 the TOP favored SD by almost the same margin 39 to 21 minutes.

Each game Denver was -1. In the first matchup it was a lost fumble. In the second it was an INT.

A major key to this game, and any playoff game, is protecting the ball. No turnovers, run the ball effectively without abandoning Denver's style of O and Denver should win.

zbeg
01-05-2014, 04:29 PM
The Chargers have always been a team that rattles Peyton and gets his happy feet going.

Game 1 the TOP favored SD heavily 38 minutes to 22. Denver won by 8.

Game 2 the TOP favored SD by almost the same margin 39 to 21 minutes.

Each game Denver was -1. In the first matchup it was a lost fumble. In the second it was an INT.

A major key to this game, and any playoff game, is protecting the ball. No turnovers, run the ball effectively without abandoning Denver's style of O and Denver should win.

And stop the run. Denver had 8 offensive possessions the last time they played. Hard to score when you don't have the ball.

Of the three potential first round matchups, this is the one I wanted to see the least. But I guess it is what it is.

jhildebrand
01-05-2014, 04:39 PM
And stop the run. Denver had 8 offensive possessions the last time they played. Hard to score when you don't have the ball.

Of the three potential first round matchups, this is the one I wanted to see the least. But I guess it is what it is.

Stop the run and hold them to FG's. Score TDs on the other end.

All that said, I did get the feeling Fox and company held back and laid off SD in the first game and some in the second. I think there were plays, formations, and schemes they wanted to keep off tape. They let up on the Raiders in both games. I think some of it is because the coaches are Fox's offspring.

zbeg
01-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Stop the run and hold them to FG's. Score TDs on the other end.

All that said, I did get the feeling Fox and company held back and laid off SD in the first game and some in the second. I think there were plays, formations, and schemes they wanted to keep off tape. They let up on the Raiders in both games. I think some of it is because the coaches are Fox's offspring.

Keeping things off tape doesn't do you a lot of good if you lose the game. The Broncos lost the #1 seed because of that Chargers loss and only regained it because the Patriots lost to Miami.

I really doubt the Broncos held back to keep things close. "Well, we could win the game and cement HFA, but let's just let the Chargers run the ball all over us because we'll keep things off tape!"

That's an, uh...optimistic viewpoint, to say the very least.

Broncolingus
01-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Denver should want anybody for the playoffs...

...period!

If they don't think they can beat anyone, especially at home, then they got no business being in the playoffs...

jhildebrand
01-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Keeping things off tape doesn't do you a lot of good if you lose the game. The Broncos lost the #1 seed because of that Chargers loss and only regained it because the Patriots lost to Miami.

I really doubt the Broncos held back to keep things close. "Well, we could win the game and cement HFA, but let's just let the Chargers run the ball all over us because we'll keep things off tape!"

That's an, uh...optimistic viewpoint, to say the very least.

The first game if you recall Denver jumped up and it looked like it was going to be a 50 burger on SD in no time. The second game not so much because our D couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. They couldn't stop a marble rolling down a hill.

Runamok
01-05-2014, 04:54 PM

I ain't sure he let them win the first time.

chazoe60
01-05-2014, 05:08 PM
I ain't sure he let them win the first time.

He didn't, we won the first one.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-05-2014, 05:10 PM
The Sparklers don't worry me as much as the Colts.

As long as we contain them along the ground and make Phyllis throw, I like our chances.

aberdien
01-05-2014, 05:12 PM
I don't see any team beating us more than once this season.

Slick
01-05-2014, 05:19 PM
You just know Peyton is all up in that game film, ready to disect Pagano's defense this time around. Hopefully Del Rio is working equally hard as well.

Joel
01-05-2014, 08:45 PM
I hope we face Rice; is there any way to make that happen?

Army Bronco
01-05-2014, 09:09 PM
So 3 of 4 road teams won this week. Hopefully next week we win. I don't care about the other teams next week.

Northman
01-05-2014, 09:19 PM
So 3 of 4 road teams won this week. Hopefully next week we win. I don't care about the other teams next week.

Are you sure about this? I didnt think that was really possible.

Army Bronco
01-05-2014, 09:21 PM

Are you sure about this? I didnt think that was really possible. The only home team that won were the Colts. All other winners were road teams. We should be able to beat anybody to be champs.

Runamok
01-05-2014, 11:28 PM
He didn't, we won the first one.

At home. The first one, at home.