PDA

View Full Version : Film study

tripleoption
12-30-2013, 12:10 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aaron-rodgers-randall-cobb-john-kuhn-help-packers-030303013--nfl.html?vp=1

I'm a football geek and I thought it might be fun to look at video and get opinions on stuff. My season has been over for a while and I need my fix anyways :P

OK, I couldn't get the video embedded so I just pasted the link.

This is the 4th and 8 play the Packers scored on with 38 seconds left in the game. Looking at it here is my take.

The Bears are in a 4-2-5 nickel. They disguise their defense and show they're bringing six, which means cover 0 across the board. They then bring the nickel inside (I call this a nitro blitz) before the snap and rotate the secondary, with the SS coming up over #2 and the FS rotating to pick up #3. The defense has no concern the fullback will go out on a route, and they now outnumber GB up front 7-6. I think the SS blew this. He should be man to man on Cobb, but on the snap he shuffles sideways favoring the flats and allowing Cobb to blow by him. The FS comes up and hits the inside receiver, leaving the middle wide open.

That's my take on this. Any other opinions on this?