PDA

View Full Version : Good idea for everyone

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Yesterday, I was looking at a receipt for some stuff I had purchased at WalMart a few days ago. On the receipt, I was charged for two flannel shirts, same price, same bar code; however, I only bought one. I thought ok - I am going to take the shirt and the receipt back to WM, and ask for credit for one of the entries. Of course, while driving over to WM, I am thinking - how am I going to prove that I only purchased one, not two. I went to Customer Service, and explained the situation to the lady. She looked at the receipt, and said - you got charged for two, and I said yes, and she immediately started the transaction for my credit. I said to her - I guess from now on, I need to check my receipt before leaving the store, and her comment was "Oh, yes, I see double charges all of the time". So, everyone - it is a good idea to check your receipt before leaving any store.

underrated29
11-27-2007, 05:09 PM
the real question is--why were you buying flannell shirts?:laugh:

just kiddin, thanks for the notice, i shall start looking at them as im sure i am a victim of that

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
the real question is--why were you buying flannell shirts?:laugh:

Well. underrated29 - I was buying them for my 96 yr. old uncle for Christmas :elefant:

just kiddin, thanks for the notice, i shall start looking at them as im sure i am a victim of that

You are welcome

anton...
11-28-2007, 11:05 AM
good idea...

but if you do it, do it away from the register, because the most annoying thing ever is when people stand in the way of the next customer and read over it...

and i would know, i used to be a check out chick...

:2cents:
________
Washington dispensaries (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

cpr940
11-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Usually, if the total seems high, I'll say something right away.

Kudos to the service lady for not even arguing the point, but bad on Wal-mart for having either poorly trained cashiers or bad machines.

I don't like Walmart anyway....I'll only shop there if it's late and I need something (usually some sort of shower or grooming item the night before a trip), because they are open late.

So, this is just another reason for me to avoid them if I can.

Ricky
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Yesterday, I was looking at a receipt for some stuff I had purchased at WalMart a few days ago. On the receipt, I was charged for two flannel shirts, same price, same bar code; however, I only bought one. I thought ok - I am going to take the shirt and the receipt back to WM, and ask for credit for one of the entries. Of course, while driving over to WM, I am thinking - how am I going to prove that I only purchased one, not two. I went to Customer Service, and explained the situation to the lady. She looked at the receipt, and said - you got charged for two, and I said yes, and she immediately started the transaction for my credit. I said to her - I guess from now on, I need to check my receipt before leaving the store, and her comment was "Oh, yes, I see double charges all of the time". So, everyone - it is a good idea to check your receipt before leaving any store.

If they see it all the time, why not find a way to fix it. I just don't get why it is OK to except failure. If I see a problem were I work, I will try to fix it.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2007, 01:09 PM
If they see it all the time, why not find a way to fix it. I just don't get why it is OK to except failure. If I see a problem were I work, I will try to fix it.

On their receipts they show a ST# and also an OP#, which I assume means the checker's #. I would imagine that when a customer is double charged, and works the situation with Customer Service, the Customer Service person could note who the checker was, and then a written reprimand be issued to the checker. Possibly repeated offenses by a checker could warrant some type of disciplinary action.

eessydo
11-28-2007, 01:24 PM
On their receipts they show a ST# and also an OP#, which I assume means the checker's #. I would imagine that when a customer is double charged, and works the situation with Customer Service, the Customer Service person could note who the checker was, and then a written reprimand be issued to the checker. Possibly repeated offenses by a checker could warrant some type of disciplinary action.

How about they just deduct the amount of the double checked item X 1.5 (for your time to come back to the store) off your purchase and take 1/2 the price of the item out of their paycheck??

That way the customer leaves happy and then the checker would actually pay attention to what they are doing.

I am a big believer in performance based compensation.