PDA

View Full Version : Official BroncosForums Annual Fantasy Football League!!

dogfish
09-02-2007, 05:58 PM
AKA "The League of Loonies"

this year's members will have their spots held for them next year, but there will be the potential for unlimited spots next year, with the only qualifier being the obvious need for even numbers. . . if we have enough people interested, we will form two separate leagues (or more), and determine the overall champion by comparing the scores of the week sixteen winners. . .

we will be using fleaflicker this year-- right now it's set up for a ten-person league, but it can potentially be expanded to twelve. . . it's a standard head-to-head league, and right now four teams out of ten will reach the playoffs (weeks 15 + 16). . . we will do a live online draft, with standard snaking every round. . . the draft has been set for this tuesday night at 9PM ET. . . if you can't make it you should take the time to pre-rank your players. . . .

roster requirements will be as follows:

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
1 TE
1 K
1 TM Defense

Totals 18: 10 Starters, 8 Bench

tiebreakers:

individual game tiebreakers:
most starter TDs
higher bench points total
highest individual starter score

break regular season ties - yes

power & playoff rank tiebreakers:
best head-to-head record
most average points/game
hardest schedule (record)
hardest schedule (points)

transaction rules:

add/drop deadline - none
trading deadline - week 12
illegal rosters allowed - no
who is placed on waivers? dropped players AND all free agents after kickoff
reset order weekly - no
time on waivers after drop - 24 hours
process kickoff waivers on wednesday

scoring system will be up in a little while. . . .

RunYouOver
09-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Time should be fine...I'm in!:beer:

Watchthemiddle
09-02-2007, 06:18 PM
COunt me in!!!

:beer:

dogfish
09-02-2007, 06:20 PM
COunt me in!!!

i will, if you PM me your email address. . . . :hahaha:

Watchthemiddle
09-02-2007, 06:33 PM
i will, if you PM me your email address. . . . :hahaha:

Consider it done brotha!!! :first: <--- me at the end of the season!!

TXBRONC
09-02-2007, 06:45 PM
I just hope I can make the playoffs.

dogfish
09-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Consider it done brotha!!! :third: <--- me at the end of the season!!

^^ fixed that for ya ^^

here's the draft order and names of the teams:

1. hophead's henchmen (dogfish)

2. RYO's beasts (RunYouOver)

3. The Road Warriors (Devilspawn)

4. Crazy Cajun (watchthemiddle)

5. the newbies (TXBronc)

6. Wingman (Reidman)

7. MVP Reloaded (DenBronx)

8. chestrockwell (omac)

9. This Burrito Is Delish, But It Is Filling (Big BroncLove)

10. Brawlers (tnedator)

the league is now full at ten. . . next year we'll start it early, and we can easily get two or even three separate leagues of ten each, and determine the overall champion by which of the week 16 winners scores the most overall points that week (using the playoff tiebreakers if necessary). . . that way we can expand our community league as much as we want, and there will be room for everyone who wants to play (as long as we have the round numbers to form even leagues-- and we can use 8-person or 12-person leagues if we have to). . . sound good?

if you want your schedule you can get it on the site. . .

Devilspawn
09-03-2007, 02:09 AM
When is the draft? I'm too lazy to look it up now. Have to go to bed, I have another draft in six hours lol.

dogfish
09-03-2007, 02:11 AM
When is the draft? I'm too lazy to look it up now. Have to go to bed, I have another draft in six hours lol.

this tuesday, 9PM eastern. . .

Devilspawn
09-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I am a little ticked right now. Tomorrow I have to be here at my sister-in-law's house and her computer is not compatible with the site. She uses a mac like me, but her's is old. I am not computer savy, but it has to do with java. Does anyone know how I can install it on her computer to get the thing working, otherwise I'll have to back out. I'm not letting autodraft keep me from my sleepers.

Tned
09-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I am a little ticked right now. Tomorrow I have to be here at my sister-in-law's house and her computer is not compatible with the site. She uses a mac like me, but her's is old. I am not computer savy, but it has to do with java. Does anyone know how I can install it on her computer to get the thing working, otherwise I'll have to back out. I'm not letting autodraft keep me from my sleepers.

Awwww Geez, a Raider's fan AND uses a Mac. :smacksoneselfinhead:

If it is a Java issue, typically you just need to download the latest at Java.com.

Devilspawn
09-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Awwww Geez, a Raider's fan AND uses a Mac. :smacksoneselfinhead:

If it is a Java issue, typically you just need to download the latest at Java.com.

It's very complicated. My mac can easily do it. Her's, she has a 5 year old mac and the site doesn't have any downloads compatible for her. I am going to give it another few hours before we leave and if it doesn't work, I am going to have to bow out.

dogfish
09-03-2007, 05:29 PM
It's very complicated. My mac can easily do it. Her's, she has a 5 year old mac and the site doesn't have any downloads compatible for her. I am going to give it another few hours before we leave and if it doesn't work, I am going to have to bow out.

dude, don't whuss out on us now-- autodraft is hardly the end of the world!

dogfish
09-04-2007, 03:25 PM
okay peeps, draft is tonight at 9PM!!!

*championship!* :first:

RunYouOver
09-04-2007, 06:03 PM
2nd pick!

I like it :D

Devilspawn
09-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Son of a ***, I am stuck here and can't access the draft room, so autodraft is going to pick my picks. :tsk:

dogfish
09-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Son of a ***, I am stuck here and can't access the draft room, so autodraft is going to pick my picks. :tsk:

i looked at your team, and the starters are fine-- of course they won't be exactly who you would have drafted, but there's no reason you can't be competitive. . .

good draft, everyone! i gotta check the schedule and see which of you is getting the beatdown this week. . .

DenBronx
09-04-2007, 09:25 PM
saddle up suckers!

Devilspawn
09-04-2007, 09:46 PM
i looked at your team, and the starters are fine-- of course they won't be exactly who you would have drafted, but there's no reason you can't be competitive. . .

good draft, everyone! i gotta check the schedule and see which of you is getting the beatdown this week. . .
It looks ok, but oh well. I made three moves before I realized that I need another RB... my two starters have Week 8 as the bye week. Thanks Autodraft!

Tned
09-04-2007, 09:54 PM

How bad did I do (Brawlers)? I am still really new to this FFB stuff. I am a old veteran of the fantasy baseball leagues, but not football.

TXBRONC
09-04-2007, 10:02 PM
How bad did I do (Brawlers)? I am still really new to this FFB stuff. I am a old veteran of the fantasy baseball leagues, but not football.

Same here I new to this stuff myself. However I looked at your line up it looks pretty good to me.

dogfish
09-04-2007, 10:05 PM

i thought you did very well. . . addai was the steal of the draft, he had absolutely NO business being there! i'm not such a huge willie parker fan, but he was very good last year, and almost everyone has him rated highly. . . marshawn lynch should be a quality flex option, and your bench is strong at the all-important RB position. . . bulger is a top-5 QB, and QB play is important in this league. . .

your WRs are average, but IMO you don't need great WRs to win in FF-- mine are rarely one of my stronger positions, and in fact i took chad johnson primarily so i could have an elite receiver on at least one of my teams. . . the group you have should be adequate. . . having the bears D is nice, especially if hester can make big plays like he did last year. . .

we're playing each other in week one, and i have to admit that you have some very nice matchups that are making me nervous. . .

still, my eventual results are inevitable ---> :first:

Tned
09-04-2007, 10:10 PM
i thought you did very well. . . addai was the steal of the draft, he had absolutely NO business being there! i'm not such a huge willie parker fan, but he was very good last year, and almost everyone has him rated highly. . . marshawn lynch should be a quality flex option, and your bench is strong at the all-important RB position. . . bulger is a top-5 QB, and QB play is important in this league. . .

your WRs are average, but IMO you don't need great WRs to win in FF-- mine are rarely one of my stronger positions, and in fact i took chad johnson primarily so i could have an elite receiver on at least one of my teams. . . the group you have should be adequate. . . having the bears D is nice, especially if hester can make big plays like he did last year. . .

we're playing each other in week one, and i have to admit that you have some very nice matchups that are making me nervous. . .

still, my eventual results are inevitable ---> :first:

I pretty much freaked out when I looked up at one point and realized that the three RBs I had selected plus Javon were all on bye week 6. That's why I dove back into the RB market pretty quickly, so I wouldn't have to punt week 6.

Devilspawn
09-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Autodraft gave me a kicker with the 83rd pick. I am going to make a suggestion to these leagues to have settings for autodraft that not only rankt the player, but tell the autodraft when to draft a certain position, like take RB with 1st, 3rd and 4th pick, take QB with 2nd and 11th pick, take defense with 9th pick and take kicker dead last. That way I won't have to stare at my wife and sister in law with venomous contempt for the next few days.

dogfish
09-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Autodraft gave me a kicker with the 83rd pick. I am going to make a suggestion to these leagues to have settings for autodraft that not only rankt the player, but tell the autodraft when to draft a certain position, like take RB with 1st, 3rd and 4th pick, take QB with 2nd and 11th pick, take defense with 9th pick and take kicker dead last. That way I won't have to stare at my wife and sister in law with venomous contempt for the next few days.

:laugh:

staring at the sister-in-law with contempt is sometimes unavoidable, but you definitely wanna be careful doing that with the wife. . . :shocked:

Watchthemiddle
09-05-2007, 11:53 AM
TX, it looks like its me vs you for week one.

Watchthemiddle
09-05-2007, 11:59 AM
THis Burrito is Delish, (BB love ) I sent you a trade offer.

TXBRONC
09-05-2007, 12:55 PM
TX, it looks like its me vs you for week one.

I'm looking forward to it eventhough I have no idea what I'm doing.

Watchthemiddle
09-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm looking forward to it eventhough I have no idea what I'm doing.

THose are the people who usually go on to win the SB. Those of us who "think" we know how to play come in last.

I haven't look at your roster so I have no idea what kind of talent you have. Let me just say, I am starting 3 Detroit LIons players.

That should tell you enough about my team. And one of them is not Tatum Bell. :laugh:

dogfish
09-06-2007, 11:21 PM
well, everyone who drafted colts players is happy right now. . . and then there's the dummy who got drew brees-- me! :frusty: :frusty:

nice game assclown!

now don't some of you feel silly for letting addai slide to #10?

Devilspawn
09-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I just remembered why I don't play fantasy football.

I am up against someone who has Peyton Manning as his QB, and it's a sig bet. Now for me to win this week, my QB is going to have to be better or at least just as good since my other matchups can go either way. Who is my QB?

Jay Cutler. :tsk:

dogfish
09-06-2007, 11:55 PM
I just remembered why I don't play fantasy football.

I am up against someone who has Peyton Manning as his QB, and it's a sig bet. Now for me to win this week, my QB is going to have to be better or at least just as good since my other matchups can go either way. Who is my QB?

Jay Cutler. :tsk:

ahh, your first taste of the glory and heartbreak that can come with fantasy football-- kinda brings a tear to my eye! just think how it feels for the guys who invest hundreds of millions of dollars into the actual teams. . . . :shocked:

Watchthemiddle
09-06-2007, 11:57 PM
ahh, your first taste of the glory and heartbreak that can come with fantasy football-- kinda brings a tear to my eye! just think how it feels for the guys who invest hundreds of millions of dollars into the actual teams. . . . :shocked:

Atleast I had a decent defense tonight. I was a little worried about having the COlts but they actually played well.

dogfish
09-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Atleast I had a decent defense tonight. I was a little worried about having the COlts but they actually played well.

decent?? you played one of last year's worst defenses against one of last year's best offenses, and got rewarded with about 50 freakin' points!!!

:pound:

omac
09-07-2007, 04:04 AM
Muwahahahaha!!!!!

All fear my FF quarterback, Peytatohead! :cool:

Devilspawn
09-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I need a QB. Braylon Edwards is on the block.

omac
09-12-2007, 12:17 AM
I need a QB. Braylon Edwards is on the block.

Don't trade Edwards; get Quinn, it's probably only a matter of time before he starts, and he'll probably do pretty well. He was extremely accurate finding the endzone in preseason, whether his receivers caught the passes inbounds or not. Edwards will then reap you rewards. :rockon:

Also with Quinn, he'll probably use a lot more of the TE and the RB on short dum-offs or slants. Edwards is a real good possesion receiver, which is crucial for young QBs.

Ofcourse, I could be wrong, hehehe. :D

Devilspawn
09-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Don't trade Edwards; get Quinn, it's probably only a matter of time before he starts, and he'll probably do pretty well. He was extremely accurate finding the endzone in preseason, whether his receivers caught the passes inbounds or not. Edwards will then reap you rewards. :rockon:

Also with Quinn, he'll probably use a lot more of the TE and the RB on short dum-offs or slants. Edwards is a real good possesion receiver, which is crucial for young QBs.

Ofcourse, I could be wrong, hehehe. :D

he heh I was thinking that, but I need a QB for Eli's replacement. I didn't realize I only took Big Ben and Eli.

omac
09-12-2007, 03:15 AM
he heh I was thinking that, but I need a QB for Eli's replacement. I didn't realize I only took Big Ben and Eli.

Imagine if you had played Eli Manning? I had him in my bench in one of my leagues, but who in his right mind could think that Eli outscores brother Peyton? :D

Your Pittsburgh bye is still week 6; maybe Eli will be healed by then.

omac
09-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Edwards just had a monster game. Hope you didn't trade him. :)

dogfish
09-21-2007, 02:24 PM
hey guys, i just put ahman green on the trading block if anyone needs a starting RB-- he should be getting plenty of touches with andre johnson out of action! i'm looking for a quality starting QB or WR in return, and might be willing to include a second player for a top talent at either position. . .

BigBroncLove
09-21-2007, 07:43 PM
hey guys, i just put ahman green on the trading block if anyone needs a starting RB-- he should be getting plenty of touches with andre johnson out of action! i'm looking for a quality starting QB or WR in return, and might be willing to include a second player for a top talent at either position. . .

I'm interested. Take a look at my roster and tell me what looks interesting to you trade wise. In my book Greens value has dropped this week somewhat being he is banged up a little on his knee, and will be splitting more carries then usual, and he will be facing the Indy dline, which are very formidable. In a few weeks that value will increase, but for the time being I see him as having middle value as an RB. Go ahead and look at my roster and PM me some ideas.... I'll consider all of them, but can;t promise anything involving my starters unless it really pops out at me as something worth persuing.

dogfish
09-22-2007, 11:05 PM
i just remembered this. . . on fleaflicker, once you've picked up a player off the waiver wire, it "locks" him for a period-- not exactly sure how long-- where you can't drop him (or trade him, presumably-- i'm not sure). . . i think that's bunk, if you pick up a guy and find out that he's hurt, or just decide to go a different direction with that roster spot, you should be able to. . . if you pick up an extra receiver off waivers on monday because you have a hunch, and then find out an hour later that one of your RBs sprained a knee ligament (even though he finished the game) and is going to be out for a month, you should be able to drop the extra WR and grab another RB. . . that's how i see it, and that's how i'm going to run my leagues. . .

if anyone picks up a guy and then wants to drop him, just let me know and i'll take care of it for you (just don't gripe if i'm out of town for the weekend and don't get your PM in time-- no promises). . .

dogfish
09-23-2007, 01:49 PM
wow, RYO. . . win or lose, this was NOT the week to have kevin curtis on your bench!

:frusty:

200 yards and 3 TDs. . . in the FIRST HALF!! those are some serious video game numbers. . . and it goes without saying that three of the seven teams i'm facing this week had to have him. . . . :yuck:

Tned
09-23-2007, 01:53 PM
wow, RYO. . . win or lose, this was NOT the week to have kevin curtis on your bench!

:frusty:

200 yards and 3 TDs. . . in the FIRST HALF!! those are some serious video game numbers. . . and it goes without saying that three of the seven teams i'm facing this week had to have him. . . . :yuck:

Ouch.

I goofed in my other league, and didn't realize Andre Johnson wasn't playing today :sad:

BigBroncLove
09-23-2007, 02:07 PM
damn Roy Williams, damn him!

Tned
09-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm having no luck on the QBs I go up against. Last week, I went up against Carson Palmer who scored 40+, this week McNabb who is already over 32, compared to my guys -4.

dogfish
09-23-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm having no luck on the QBs I go up against. Last week, I went up against Carson Palmer who scored 40+, this week McNabb who is already over 32, compared to my guys -4.

know what you mean, and in my case it hasn't been limited to just QBs. . . the past three weeks i've gotten absolutely torched by palmer, steve smith (twice), plex burress, braylon edwards, and now curtis, boldin, brady and westbrook. . .

at least i got a few of those big games myself this week to even things out-- mcnabb, westbrook, brady, and roy williams in two leagues. . . and i'm still not out of the woods in any of 'em! and i'm all but toast in this one, once again-- never thought a team built around LT and chad johnson could go down in flames so quickly. . . :lol:

strange fantasy season so far, with some supposedly can't-miss guys starting very slow, and an unusual number of just enormous games-- lots and lots of offense these first three weeks. . .

Tned
09-23-2007, 06:25 PM
know what you mean, and in my case it hasn't been limited to just QBs. . . the past three weeks i've gotten absolutely torched by palmer, steve smith (twice), plex burress, braylon edwards, and now curtis, boldin, brady and westbrook. . .

at least i got a few of those big games myself this week to even things out-- mcnabb, westbrook, brady, and roy williams in two leagues. . . and i'm still not out of the woods in any of 'em! and i'm all but toast in this one, once again-- never thought a team built around LT and chad johnson could go down in flames so quickly. . . :lol:

strange fantasy season so far, with some supposedly can't-miss guys starting very slow, and an unusual number of just enormous games-- lots and lots of offense these first three weeks. . .

I've gotten smoked in both of my leagues today. My only chance in our league is for Chi to score 30+ points (not even sure if that is possible) and Colston to get blanked. I have virtually no chance in my other league, unless Dallas and Bush can outscore Chicago's D by 30 points.

Watchthemiddle
09-24-2007, 10:52 PM
damn Roy Williams, damn him!

Well that was a good game. You got me by 12 points.

Once Reggie had 2 td's and Lendale had one, I had hope.

BigBroncLove
09-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Well that was a good game. You got me by 12 points.

Once Reggie had 2 td's and Lendale had one, I had hope.

I thought it was over at that point to tell you the truth. Wit has much time that was left in regulation, I figuered they'd both get at least enough yards to overtake my score, which would have been very sad for me. In the last two weeks, I lost both times to the top scoring teams each week (122 points the first, 115 the next) while I scored good enough points to beat half the league :sad: . To lose three weeks in a row to the top scoring teams would of... well sucked. It was close though, I kept hoping for a bush or white fumble :laugh:

I had to be the highest scoring team to win finally, and I only won by .12 points :ahhhhh:. Good game... I thought you had me for sure when White barreled in for the TD.

BigBroncLove
09-24-2007, 11:08 PM
What a terrible week Brees had. I originally was thinking about targeting him as a great QB to get as well that would slide further down the ranks and allow me to grab him later then other QB's. -7.5 points with 4 interceptions and a fumble? man.... what a turn arond from alst year....

And how about that Brady? Hes subplanted Manning IMO as the top QB fantasy option. Week in and week out he is putting up huge numbers, and with the weapons he has on offense, is taking away needed numebrs from my Maroney :sad: . That and Moss. I laughed a little to when you picked him up. I thought he didn;t have any gas left in the tank, but grabbing him when you did is making the rest of us look bad....

dogfish
09-24-2007, 11:15 PM
What a terrible week Brees had. I originally was thinking about targeting him as a great QB to get as well that would slide further down the ranks and allow me to grab him later then other QB's. -7.5 points with 4 interceptions and a fumble? man.... what a turn arond from alst year....

And how about that Brady? Hes subplanted Manning IMO as the top QB fantasy option. Week in and week out he is putting up huge numbers, and with the weapons he has on offense, is taking away needed numebrs from my Maroney :sad: . That and Moss. I laughed a little to when you picked him up. I thought he didn;t have any gas left in the tank, but grabbing him when you did is making the rest of us look bad....

obviously, i felt the same way about brees. . . . :ahhhhh:

what a freakin' trainwreck that's been! two horrible showings in three weeks. . .

on another note, i think moss is making himself look bad-- even with the huge difference in quarterback play, he's showing just how much he dogged it in choketown. . . pretty embarrassing when a guy with his reputation-- and enormous salary-- proves conclusively that he just plain didn't give a spit, and wasn't willing to put forth even the slightest effort. . . he's a complete and utter douchebag!

BigBroncLove
09-24-2007, 11:18 PM
on another note, i think moss is making himself look bad-- even with the huge difference in quarterback play, he's showing just how much he dogged it in choketown. . . pretty embarrassing when a guy with his reputation-- and enormous salary-- proves conclusively that he just plain didn't give a spit, and wasn't willing to put forth even the slightest effort. . . he's a complete and utter douchebag!

No arguement here on that.... not that I didn't mind watcing him half %^$ with the Faiders as a Bronco fan, but it shows a real lack of class and character.

Watchthemiddle
09-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Adding insult to injury...I am getting beat by Tned and he only has scored 62.93 points to my 42.69. :eek:

I need Reggie Brown and Shokley to score 3 Td's each tonight.

Devilspawn
09-30-2007, 08:59 PM
I had Culpepper with 30 points... on the bench. I didn't buy into the revenge factor since it ALWAYS burns me. And it did again! And now Mcnabb is stinking it up. I'm done for. :mad:

BigBroncLove
09-30-2007, 09:20 PM
I had Culpepper with 30 points... on the bench. I didn't buy into the revenge factor since it ALWAYS burns me. And it did again! And now Mcnabb is stinking it up. I'm done for. :mad:

Ouch..... that always hurts when you leave a lot of points on the bench. I think chestrockwell (forget who that is) left Bowe on the bench who hada huge day and put up big numbers.... I can't believe that DenBronx with his high powered team put up only 14 points so far! I was putting this week in the L column already due to all my injuries, but he started the DEnver D this week :crazy: ;) which gave him -8 points.... If somehoe Moss has a crappy day, Palmer has a good one, and Welker and Maroney can do somehting, I could actually win this week :D

dogfish
10-01-2007, 01:02 AM
looks like i'm finally off the schnide, unless ben watson scores four TDs and chad johnson gets shut out. . .

:werd:

one foot in the grave, but this team may still have a pulse. . . and i've got LT against enver next week-- that'll probably be good for about 40 points. . . . :frusty:

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 10:38 PM
I can't believe I won with only 55.82 points, against Brady and Moss no less..... :beer: :beer: :faint2::proud:

Tned
10-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Ouch, I had my game in the bag, and that crazy ending and TD to Crayton and I lose by .62 points :sad:

BigBroncLove
10-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Ouch, I had my game in the bag, and that crazy ending and TD to Crayton and I lose by .62 points :sad:

YEah, I had it in the bag to :( . Romos countless turnovers finally put me i nthe lead, but that last TD put the opposing team above me by a .50 or so. The couple of passes to get down the field at the end of the game made it about 1 point... :sad:

I thought I had it! I kept praying for one more turnover on that FG drive (as if 6 wasn't enough :lol:)

Tned
10-11-2007, 07:30 AM
YEah, I had it in the bag to :( . Romos countless turnovers finally put me i nthe lead, but that last TD put the opposing team above me by a .50 or so. The couple of passes to get down the field at the end of the game made it about 1 point... :sad:

I thought I had it! I kept praying for one more turnover on that FG drive (as if 6 wasn't enough :lol:)

As much as I hate the Cowboys, after the TD to Creyton, I was hoping they would convert the two point conversion, so Lynch would get the ball for me again. But, no.

dogfish
11-28-2007, 11:20 PM
wow, lots of action in this thread. . . .

alright reid, i gotta beat you this week so i can steal that last playoff spot from BBL. . . .

Tned
11-29-2007, 12:15 AM
wow, lots of action in this thread. . . .

alright reid, i gotta beat you this week so i can steal that last playoff spot from BBL. . . .

Between that dumb mud bown (Big Ben and Parker) and deciding to start the Bills over the Bears thinking the Broncos would put 30+ on the Bears (didn't factor in the Hester-factor), my playoff hopes got flushed down the toilet.

omac
11-30-2007, 05:28 AM
I've been extremely lucky in this league; to think, early on in the season, I tried to trade Westbrook to get Lynch, but no takers. If that happened, then I'd have 2 #1 backs down with injuries in Peterson and Lynch. I didn't appreciate how good Westbrook was. :D

champbronc2
12-07-2007, 11:03 PM
You punks I'll be in next year and dominate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:laugh:

Tned
12-07-2007, 11:10 PM
You punks I'll be in next year and dominate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:laugh:

I've made some dumb moves, like starting Buffalo over Chicago a couple weeks ago when Denver played Chicago. I'm not sure if it is even possible for me to get in the playoffs now. :mad:

dogfish
12-11-2007, 12:03 AM
i'm not 100% sure how the tiebreakers are going to work, but i think i edged out BBL and tned for that last spot. . . not that it matters much anyways-- denbronx looks pretty unstoppable at this point. . . .

dogfish
12-12-2007, 05:26 PM
damn it! last week i was ahead of tned, we both won, and he jumped me to get the last playoff spot. . . . stupid tiebreakers! next year we're going to go with the standard total points tiebreaker. . . .

Tned
12-12-2007, 06:46 PM
damn it! last week i was ahead of tned, we both won, and he jumped me to get the last playoff spot. . . . stupid tiebreakers! next year we're going to go with the standard total points tiebreaker. . . .

I figured it was going to be total points, so figure i had NO shot. What was the tiebreaker?

If it is any consolation, if the score predictor is any indicaiton, I am one and out. :lol:

I sneaked into fourth place in my money leage as well, but have a much better shot at advancing in that one.

dogfish
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I figured it was going to be total points, so figure i had NO shot. What was the tiebreaker?

If it is any consolation, if the score predictor is any indicaiton, I am one and out. :lol:

I sneaked into fourth place in my money leage as well, but have a much better shot at advancing in that one.

the tiebreakers were:

Best head-to-head record
Most average points/game
Hardest schedule (record)
Hardest schedule (points)

the head-to-head record must have decided it. . .

ah well, good luck-- especially in your money league!

Hoshdude7
03-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Sign me in for next year. I won 2 of 4 leagues :elefant:

dogfish
03-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Sign me in for next year. I won 2 of 4 leagues :elefant:

cool. . . . it's too early to think about it now, but i'll probably start getting it back up and running over the summer. . . .

TXBRONC
05-02-2008, 09:34 PM
cool. . . . it's too early to think about it now, but i'll probably start getting it back up and running over the summer. . . .

I'm looking forward to it when you do.

dogfish
05-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm looking forward to it when you do.

cool, i'm glad you enjoyed it-- and i'm sure we'll have enough participants to run multiple leagues this year. . .

Jaws
05-04-2008, 04:54 PM
cool, i'm glad you enjoyed it-- and i'm sure we'll have enough participants to run multiple leagues this year. . .

Multiple leagues = :cool:

Some advice though, if BF forums members are to stand any chance, just make sure you get a place in the non-shark league.

Dogfish and teh Great White are deadly! :D

TXBRONC
05-14-2008, 10:21 PM
So how when will we resume the Forum League and will it be expanded?

dogfish
05-14-2008, 10:37 PM
So how when will we resume the Forum League and will it be expanded?

as to when, the draft will probably be sometime in august-- as we get closer, i'll set up a specific date. . .

and while i can't say for sure until i see how many people want to participate, i'm assuming that it will expand this year. . . i'm still planning to do it the way that i described at the beginning of the league last year. . . it'll be first come first serve (with all of last year's owners getting their spots reserved if they still want them), although i'm toying with ideas to make sure the people who sign up actually participate-- possibly a minimum post count for participation, that can be waived for posters with older join dates who are active but don't post much, or newer members who are active on a regular basis. . . something like that, but certainly nothing that'll be too restrictive. . . we want people to play, we just don't want to waste space on those who join the board, request a spot in the league, and then never look at it again. . .

however many people want to play, we'll break them down into even-numbered groups (unfortunately, this probably means that the last few who request spots won't get them, but there's just nothing you can do about that)-- preferably of eight, ten, or twelve-- and each group will form a separate league. . . each league will be considered a "conference," and will have it's own playoffs. . . whichever conference champion scores the most points in their championship game will be crowned the overall forum league winner, with standard head-to-head tie breakers used if necessary. . .

TXBRONC
05-14-2008, 10:49 PM
as to when, the draft will probably be sometime in august-- as we get closer, i'll set up a specific date. . .

and while i can't say for sure until i see how many people want to participate, i'm assuming that it will expand this year. . . i'm still planning to do it the way that i described at the beginning of the league last year. . . it'll be first come first serve (with all of last year's owners getting their spots reserved if they still want them), although i'm toying with ideas to make sure the people who sign up actually participate-- possibly a minimum post count for participation, that can be waived for posters with older join dates who are active but don't post much, or newer members who are active on a regular basis. . . something like that, but certainly nothing that'll be too restrictive. . . we want people to play, we just don't want to waste space on those who join the board, request a spot in the league, and then never look at it again. . .

however many people want to play, we'll break them down into even-numbered groups (unfortunately, this probably means that the last few who request spots won't get them, but there's just nothing you can do about that)-- preferably of eight, ten, or twelve-- and each group will form a separate league. . . each league will be considered a "conference," and will have it's own playoffs. . . whichever conference champion scores the most points in their championship game will be crowned the overall forum league winner, with standard head-to-head tie breakers used if necessary. . .

You can count me in.

I like your idea and look forward to playing again this year.

Hopefully I do better than I did last year. :tsk:

omac
05-14-2008, 11:39 PM
You can count me in.

Can I join one too?

One suggestion, since we are talking about multiple leagues. Maybe have the scoring and rules standardized for all leagues, and no rule changes.

dogfish
05-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Can I join one too?

One suggestion, since we are talking about multiple leagues. Maybe have the scoring and rules standardized for all leagues, and no rule changes.

of course, i'll reserve your spot for you. . . and yes, everything will be standardized from league to league. . . with a few minor adjustments, the scoring rules will be the same ones we used last year (i am going to redo the tie-breakers, for one thing). . . the one major thing that may be a bit different will be roster size and composition, depending on the size of the conferences (leagues)-- if it breaks down to ten members per league they will be the same as last year, but if we have to go with 8-player or 12-player conferences the rosters we use may be slightly different. . . but overall, each individual conference will function very similarly to last year's league. . . should be fun!

omac
05-15-2008, 06:03 PM
of course, i'll reserve your spot for you. . . and yes, everything will be standardized from league to league. . . with a few minor adjustments, the scoring rules will be the same ones we used last year (i am going to redo the tie-breakers, for one thing). . . the one major thing that may be a bit different will be roster size and composition, depending on the size of the conferences (leagues)-- if it breaks down to ten members per league they will be the same as last year, but if we have to go with 8-player or 12-player conferences the rosters we use may be slightly different. . . but overall, each individual conference will function very similarly to last year's league. . . should be fun!

Thanks man! Can't wait. :cheers:

champbronc2
05-15-2008, 08:55 PM
I am very interested as well.

Tned
05-15-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm up for it again if there is space.

dogfish
05-15-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm up for it again if there is space.

mmm, i dunno T-- it's fillin' up fast. . . lemme see if i can work something out. . . .

:rofl:

Watchthemiddle
05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
You can count me in.

That makes two of us.

I don't even think I beat you TX...:tsk:

slim
05-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm in....that is if y'all don't mind losing to a fat guy.

dogfish
05-15-2008, 09:38 PM
okay, participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim

with reserved spots for BBL, denbronx, devilspawn, reid and RYO if they want them. . .

Tned
05-15-2008, 10:05 PM
mmm, i dunno T-- it's fillin' up fast. . . lemme see if i can work something out. . . .

:smartass:

dogfish
05-15-2008, 10:22 PM
:smartass:

kinda tough to tell the boss he can't play. . . especially when he's the defending champ. . . . :lol:

Tned
05-15-2008, 10:28 PM
kinda tough to tell the boss he can't play. . . especially when he's the defending champ. . . . :lol:

Yea, well, I was still just a participant in YOUR league. I thought I got bumped in that last game. My multiple leagues are bleeding together. Did I win the championship game, or come in second?

Tned
05-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Cool, I did win. I logged onto flea flicker. How did the guy with the 7-7 record beat all of you guys with 9, 10 and 11 win seasons :confused:

dogfish
05-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Cool, I did win. I logged onto flea flicker. How did the guy with the 7-7 record beat all of you guys with 9, 10 and 11 win seasons :confused:

you tell us, you're the one who did it. . . . :laugh:

Tned
05-16-2008, 06:39 AM
you tell us, you're the one who did it. . . . :laugh:

Man, it was only a couple months ago, and I barely remember. I guess a lot has happened from then til now.

TXBRONC
05-16-2008, 08:05 PM
My goal this year is to at least make the playoffs.

claymore
05-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Are you guys in a keeper league? Or i this a new draft every year?

dogfish
05-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Are you guys in a keeper league? Or i this a new draft every year?

new draft every year. . . .

TXBRONC
05-17-2008, 05:47 PM
new draft every year. . . .

I'm greatful for that, with as poorly as I drafted last season I need to new draft. :tsk:

champbronc2
05-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Can't wait for this.

Reidman
05-18-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm in this shiz:beer:

Devilspawn
05-18-2008, 06:48 PM
okay, participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim

with reserved spots for BBL, denbronx, devilspawn, reid and RYO if they want them. . .
I'm just seeing this for the first time. If there is still room I want in. Tanks.

dogfish
05-18-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm just seeing this for the first time. If there is still room I want in. Tanks.

lol. . . since it's only may, and you had a spot reserved, i guess we can squeeze you in. . .

:lol:

participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
reidman
devilspawn

with reserved spots for BBL, denbronx and RYO if they want them. . .

i'm not sure about clay. . .

that brings us to ten, but just as a side note-- it's first come first serve as far as getting a spot goes, but the conferences won't be determined that way. . . once we know how many total participants we have, and how many teams there will be per conference, i'll determine who goes where randomly-- roll dice or pull numbers out of a hat, something along those lines. . . IMO that's the fairest way of doing it. . .

edit: spawn, i hope you're still planning on playing in the league of trolls this year as well. . .

Hobe
05-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Can I get in? I'm tied of the general Yahoo leagues.

MOtorboat
05-18-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm in...and I hate speaking for someone, but I would bet Boss would be in too.

Tned
05-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering how the year finished (now that I was reminded I won, lol):

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/loonies07.jpg

The win/loss record wasn't great, but as I have said for a while in relation to the Broncos and the NFL.

You get into the playoffs, and ANYTHING can happen :D

claymore
05-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Im in too if there is still room. I like you guys more than my Co workers anywho.............

dogfish
05-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Can I get in? I'm tied of the general Yahoo leagues.

I'm in...and I hate speaking for someone, but I would bet Boss would be in too.

Im in too if there is still room. I like you guys more than my Co workers anywho.............

okay, you guys are in. . . and boss is certainly welcome, but i'm not marking him down until he says something himself. . .

participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
reidman
devilspawn
hobe
missouribronc
claymore

MOtorboat
05-18-2008, 08:36 PM
okay, you guys are in. . . and boss is certainly welcome, but i'm not marking him down until he says something himself. . .

participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
reidman
devilspawn
hobe
missouribronc
claymore

That's a big league...we may need two...though I would participate in both if the opportunity arose :D...

I'm addicted to fantasy football and baseball...

I own a sim football franchise, and I have eight fantasy baseball teams...:D I'm in the Top 4 of seven of them right now :D

dogfish
05-18-2008, 08:37 PM
That's a big league...we may need two...though I would participate in both if the opportunity arose :D...

read back through the thread. . . ;)

Reidman
05-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering how the year finished (now that I was reminded I won, lol):

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/loonies07.jpg

The win/loss record wasn't great, but as I have said for a while in relation to the Broncos and the NFL.

You get into the playoffs, and ANYTHING can happen :D

Lucky SOB is what you are....;)

I should have won but that one off week lost it for me in the semi's...

dogfish
05-18-2008, 10:00 PM
holy shit, i didn't realize that WTM went 2-12. . . . :shocked:

frauschieze
05-18-2008, 10:04 PM

That's not very nice, picking on those who are fantasy football challenged. :tsk:

dogfish
05-18-2008, 10:05 PM
That's not very nice, picking on those who are fantasy football challenged. :tsk:

maybe not, but it sure is fun!

:D

Reidman
05-18-2008, 10:07 PM

I'm pretty sure he showed up to play maybe 4 games...:laugh:

frauschieze
05-18-2008, 10:11 PM
maybe not, but it sure is fun!

:D

Yeah....that's why I can't join here. Ya'll would make fun of me. I'm still pissed I missed the playoffs last year (my first foray into ff) after being in second in average points. :tsk:

Tned
05-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Lucky SOB is what you are....;)

I should have won but that one off week lost it for me in the semi's...

Hey, I stockpiled players that were hurt during the season, but that I knew would likely be back by the playoffs. That, my friend, is strategy. Just get in the playoffs and hope you peak at the right time.

7-7 looks pretty good to me :D

dogfish
05-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah....that's why I can't join here. Ya'll would make fun of me. I'm still pissed I missed the playoffs last year (my first foray into ff) after being in second in average points. :tsk:

oh, give it a shot!

slim
05-19-2008, 12:06 AM
oh, give it a shot!

C'mon Frau...I'm pretty sure you beat my ass a few times last year (I know I really stunk in that league last year).

frauschieze
05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
oh, give it a shot!

I don't know. I'll think about it. In all honesty, I got bored about halfway through the season last year. The league was set up pretty backwards from what I could tell and the commish flat out quit after a couple weeks, so maybe, all that had a bit to do with my experience. I just don't want to be one of those people that commits to something like this then quits.

C'mon Frau...I'm pretty sure you beat my ass a few times last year (I know I really stunk in that league last year).

You keep your mouth shut mister. You and Timmy got me into that mess last year. :D

Timmy!
05-19-2008, 03:45 AM
I'm in if there's room. Might as well expand to 5 FF leagues for me this year :heh:

Hoshdude7
05-19-2008, 08:25 AM
I wantz in!

Ziggy
05-23-2008, 02:54 PM
If there's any spots left for the upcoming season, let me know. I'd love to get in.

Broncospsycho77
05-23-2008, 02:56 PM
I'd be glad to play if there's still room. I came last in the NCAA bracket challenge, for those who wanted to know :heh:

MOtorboat
05-23-2008, 03:00 PM
I'd be glad to play if there's still room. I came last in the NCAA bracket challenge, for those who wanted to know :heh:

Wait a minute, weren't you like Top 3 in the Fantasy Football last year at the Freak?

Broncospsycho77
05-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Wait a minute, weren't you like Top 3 in the Fantasy Football last year at the Freak?

Shhhh... no it was beginner's luck. That was my first year playing.

MOtorboat
05-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Shhhh... no it was beginner's luck. That was my first year playing.

*cough**cough*bullshit*cough*

Broncospsycho77
05-23-2008, 03:03 PM
*cough**cough*bullshit*cough*

Call it what you want, but that Randy Moss pick landed on my doorstep. I should thank you guys for not nabbing him there. 4th round steal.

dogfish
05-23-2008, 08:09 PM
participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy

IF YOU SIGNED UP TO PLAY AND DON'T SEE YOUR NAME ON THIS LIST, LET ME KNOW!

Ziggy
05-26-2008, 07:36 PM
participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy

IF YOU SIGNED UP TO PLAY AND DON'T SEE YOUR NAME ON THIS LIST, LET ME KNOW!

Thanks Dog!

TXBRONC
05-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow with as big as this League is looking I just hope I can be competitve.

champbronc2
06-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Can't wait can't wait can't wait!

Hoshdude7
06-07-2008, 12:14 PM
so when we gonna do this?

dogfish
06-07-2008, 02:13 PM
so when we gonna do this?

it'll be a while. . . i never do my drafts before august, and i want to give as many people as possible the chance to sign up. . . also, i need to contact fleaflicker and find out how many leagues i can run through the site (i'll have at least three other leagues besides this one)-- if they put a limit on the number of leagues one person can run, i may need to get somebody else to commish a few of these depending on how many total participants we end up with. . . it's something i'm going to figure out over the next few weeks. . .

TXBRONC
06-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Ok guys what do you think of this for a mock draft?

QB - Ben Roethlisberger

QB - Jay Cutler

RB - Willie Parker

RB - Fred Taylor

RB - Selvin Young

WR - Roddy White

WR - Darrell Jackson

WR - Patrick Crayton

WR - Anthony Gonzalez

TE - Jeremy Shockey

TE - Daniel Graham

K - Shaun Suisham

K - Jeff Reed

TM - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

TM - Indianapolis Colts

omac
06-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Ok guys what do you think of this for a mock draft?

QB - Ben Roethlisberger

QB - Jay Cutler

RB - Willie Parker

RB - Fred Taylor

RB - Selvin Young

WR - Roddy White

WR - Darrell Jackson

WR - Patrick Crayton

WR - Anthony Gonzalez

TE - Jeremy Shockey

TE - Daniel Graham

K - Shaun Suisham

K - Jeff Reed

TM - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

TM - Indianapolis Colts

Looks pretty solid, except for your WRs. Your 3 RBs, however, will most likely be part of committees, and not necessarily every down backs; I'm thinking there's a reason the Steelers picked up Mendenhall, maybe to keep Parker fresher.

Devilspawn
06-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I am excited about this! Last year I was autodrafted into oblivion because of an incompatible computer. Kinda took away the luster but it was still fun. And knowing me, I'll be in about 20 of these.

underrated29
06-08-2008, 12:34 PM
hey guys. I am still on the fence about getting in if you still have room. The one and only reason why i dont want to get it with you guys, is sometimes i need some FF advice for my MONEY league, and I dont want someone to not give their input or the wron advice because i am in the league.

So i am still deciding, that is if you even have room.

However, if you come down to things and realize that you need another team i will join to even things out.....

so unless thats the case I will let you know.

It would be fun to get soem good smack going on while playing each other though.

dogfish
06-08-2008, 01:24 PM
I am excited about this! Last year I was autodrafted into oblivion because of an incompatible computer. Kinda took away the luster but it was still fun. And knowing me, I'll be in about 20 of these.

yea, you only managed to get into about ten last year, huh?

U29, there's plenty of room-- let me know whether you want in or not. . . .

cutlery
06-09-2008, 05:02 AM
Count me in dog! Im Omacs cousin ready show some nfl management skills! Looking forward,

dogfish
06-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Count me in dog! Im Omacs cousin ready show some nfl management skills! Looking forward,

okay, you're in. . . . i'll let you know when i actually get the league(s) set up-- it'll probably be around mid-july sometime, i'm thinking. . . .

participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy
cutlery

Devilspawn
06-09-2008, 07:39 PM

That's about half of it.

MOtorboat
06-09-2008, 09:33 PM
okay, you're in. . . . i'll let you know when i actually get the league(s) set up-- it'll probably be around mid-july sometime, i'm thinking. . . .

participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy
cutlery

Well, crap, I'm gonna have to bring my A-game.

My "game face" if you will.

Timmy!
06-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Prepare to be crushed maggots :D

dogfish
06-10-2008, 05:36 PM
:hahaha:

Prepare to be crushed maggots :D

TXBRONC
06-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Looks pretty solid, except for your WRs. Your 3 RBs, however, will most likely be part of committees, and not necessarily every down backs; I'm thinking there's a reason the Steelers picked up Mendenhall, maybe to keep Parker fresher.

With the running backs I new that I was getting guys that will be working in committee situation but two of three have already proven to be very in a committee situation so I figured they would still be productive. At any rate Omac thank for the critique.

omac
06-11-2008, 08:17 PM
With the running backs I new that I was getting guys that will be working in committee situation but two of three have already proven to be very in a committee situation so I figured they would still be productive. At any rate Omac thank for the critique.

Your welcome. Still a pretty good team. :cheers:

Devilspawn
06-13-2008, 11:13 PM

I just joined one, from the Raiders site.

And when's the draft... this coming Wednesday. :confused:

Watchthemiddle
06-13-2008, 11:18 PM

participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy
cutlery

Thats huge!!

I have never played in a league with that many members.

Just more people for me to pick on .

:coffee:

dogfish
06-13-2008, 11:23 PM
I just joined one, from the Raiders site.

And when's the draft... this coming Wednesday. :confused:

what??

the draft will be sometime in august. . . . :lol:

Thats huge!!

I have never played in a league with that many members.

Just more people for me to pick on .

:coffee:

well, each conference will have 8, 10 or 12 members, so other than crowning the ultimate supreme total dominant badass champion after the playoffs, it really won't be much different from other leagues you've played in. . . just more competition for the official forums fantasy league title. . . .

Tned
06-13-2008, 11:42 PM
the draft will be sometime in august. . . . :lol:

I'll be out of town the 12th-17th of August, so if at all possible can we do it after that? If not, I will have to bail or have it auto-draft for me.

dogfish
06-13-2008, 11:50 PM
I'll be out of town the 12th-17th of August, so if at all possible can we do it after that? If not, I will have to bail or have it auto-draft for me.

honestly, i have no idea as of yet. . . i probably won't even start setting it up until i have an approximate idea how many people are going to play, and how many conferences we'll need. . . each "conference" will, for all intents and purposes, be set up as an independent league, so there will quite possibly be multiple draft days and times. . .

i'm thinking i should probably set up some kind of cutoff date for joining-- maybe around the middle of july or so. . . i'll post it at least a few weks in advance once i decide. . . .

Chidoze
06-15-2008, 10:32 PM
I'd like to play dog, if you have room. :D

dogfish
06-15-2008, 11:36 PM
participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy
cutlery
chidoze

RunYouOver
06-16-2008, 05:19 PM
participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy
cutlery
chidoze

Where am I?:confused:

TXBRONC
06-16-2008, 05:53 PM

You're on Broncos Forums RYO. :lol:

Just kidding. :fear:

dogfish
06-16-2008, 06:11 PM

who knows?

lol. . . seriously, you weren't listed because this is the first thing you've said about participating-- unless you're confusing this with the league of legends that i sent you the PM about. . . . ;)

they're different leagues-- remember, you played in two of my leagues last year, this one here as well as one over at mania. . . the PM was about the league from mania. . .

do you want to play in this one also?

dogfish
06-16-2008, 07:35 PM
okay guys, it looks like fleaflicker won't let me run a league that i don't actually have a team in, so i'm going to need at least one other person to be a commissioner for their conference. . . any volunteers?

previous experience as a league commish is a plus, but it's really not necessary. . . it's pretty simple. . .

RunYouOver
06-18-2008, 12:01 AM
who knows?

lol. . . seriously, you weren't listed because this is the first thing you've said about participating-- unless you're confusing this with the league of legends that i sent you the PM about. . . . ;)

they're different leagues-- remember, you played in two of my leagues last year, this one here as well as one over at mania. . . the PM was about the league from mania. . .

do you want to play in this one also?

Well that would certainly explain a lot.:rolleyes:

I'll only do the league of legends this year, I wasn't sure which league was which, and I saw my reserved spot, so...
:embarassed:
Sorry about that :embarassed:

dogfish
06-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Well that would certainly explain a lot.:rolleyes:

I'll only do the league of legends this year, I wasn't sure which league was which, and I saw my reserved spot, so...
:embarassed:
Sorry about that :embarassed:

no problem. . . . :laugh:

omac
06-19-2008, 03:21 AM
One thing I know for sure ...

Jay Cutler, Selvin Young, Tony Scheffler, Brandon Marshall, and Brandon Stokley will be overvalued. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan Torain picked up real early. And Phillip Rivers will go undrafted. :D

MOtorboat
06-19-2008, 07:47 AM
One thing I know for sure ...

Jay Cutler, Selvin Young, Tony Scheffler, Brandon Marshall, and Brandon Stokley will be overvalued. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan Torain picked up real early. And Phillip Rivers will go undrafted. :D

Don't forget...we do have a Raider fan playing...:D

omac
06-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Don't forget...we do have a Raider fan playing...:D

LOL, that means McFadden will be picked in the 1st round ... or worse, JaMarcus will be off the boards before Palmer. :D

slim
06-19-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm going to take Selvin in the first round. I have it on good authority that he will go for 2,000 this year.

Reidman
06-20-2008, 01:06 AM
okay guys, it looks like fleaflicker won't let me run a league that i don't actually have a team in, so i'm going to need at least one other person to be a commissioner for their conference. . . any volunteers?

previous experience as a league commish is a plus, but it's really not necessary. . . it's pretty simple. . .

I can do it dog, was league commish 2 years running...

So do you need me to set up another league on fleaflicker for the rest of the participants..?

dogfish
06-20-2008, 01:42 AM
I can do it dog, was league commish 2 years running...

So do you need me to set up another league on fleaflicker for the rest of the participants..?

dude, you rule!

i'll try to get the scoring system set up sometime in the next few days-- once i do, i'll start a new thread for this year's league(s), and you can get the second league started. . . we'll wait until probably late july sometime to see how many total participants we're going to have (and whether we need more than two conferences/leagues), then i'll assign members to each conference and let you know who to invite. . .

thanks for helping out, it's greatly appreciated!

Reidman
06-20-2008, 02:31 AM
dude, you rule!

i'll try to get the scoring system set up sometime in the next few days-- once i do, i'll start a new thread for this year's league(s), and you can get the second league started. . . we'll wait until probably late july sometime to see how many total participants we're going to have (and whether we need more than two conferences/leagues), then i'll assign members to each conference and let you know who to invite. . .

thanks for helping out, it's greatly appreciated!

Sounds good, just remind me because I WILL forget by then...:lol:

GEM
06-20-2008, 04:36 PM
participants So Far Are:

Dogfish
Sharkie
Tx
Wtm
Omac
Tned
Champbronc
Slim
Missouribronc
Clay
Reidman
Devilspawn
Timmy!
Hoshdude
Hobe
Broncospsycho77
Ziggy
Cutlery
Chidoze

I Want In! :D

dogfish
06-20-2008, 09:45 PM
I Want In! :D

you got it!

participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy
cutlery
chidoze
GEM

so far we're at two ten-owner conferences. . . .

Watchthemiddle
06-20-2008, 11:00 PM
you got it!

participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy
cutlery
chidoze
GEM

Nice...this is going to be fun

slim
06-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Nice...this is going to be fun

For me, it will be. Y'all will be crying in your beer. :elefant:

MOtorboat
06-20-2008, 11:05 PM
For me, it will be. Y'all will be crying in your beer. :elefant:

slim
06-20-2008, 11:07 PM

MO, tell me who won the freak league last year...I can't remember.

Reidman
06-21-2008, 06:15 AM
you got it!

participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy
cutlery
chidoze
GEM

This will be fun.

How will you determine who's in what conference...?

Devilspawn
06-21-2008, 03:18 PM
I like the way this is shaping up, I haven't been in a league with more than 10 players.

dogfish
06-21-2008, 03:20 PM
This will be fun.

How will you determine who's in what conference...?

probably pick names from a hat, or something along those lines. . . .

GEM
06-23-2008, 09:29 AM
probably pick names from a hat, or something along those lines. . . .

Just a suggestion here, but to promote further integration of all of our boards we're originally from, we should try to get the 2 10 player sets made up of a good mix of all, meaning not all maniacs end up in the same conference and all freaks in the other. Just a suggestion. :D

dogfish
06-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Just a suggestion here, but to promote further integration of all of our boards we're originally from, we should try to get the 2 10 player sets made up of a good mix of all, meaning not all maniacs end up in the same conference and all freaks in the other. Just a suggestion. :D

as far as i'm concerned, we already are integrated, which is why i'm just gonna do it randomly. . . . ;)

Devilspawn
06-23-2008, 08:23 PM
as far as i'm concerned, we already are integrated, which is why i'm just gonna do it randomly. . . . ;)
Am I the only non-Bronco fan in this? After I win, I'm gonna tiger balm this bitch... rub it in and rub it in real deep. :elefant:

frauschieze
06-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Am I the only non-Bronco fan in this? After I win, I'm gonna tiger balm this bitch... rub it in and rub it in real deep. :elefant:

That sounds dirty. :shocked:

Devilspawn
06-23-2008, 08:28 PM
That sounds dirty. :shocked:
And it feels dirtier. :eek:

Slick
06-23-2008, 08:32 PM
For some reason I thought the league was full. I'd love to be a part of this if there's still space.

dogfish
06-23-2008, 08:35 PM
For some reason I thought the league was full. I'd love to be a part of this if there's still space.

nope, not full. . . we're going to break it down into conferences, so there's room for pretty much whoever wants to play. . .

participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy
cutlery
chidoze
GEM
slick7

Slick
06-23-2008, 08:37 PM
nope, not full. . . we're going to break it down into conferences, so there's room for pretty much whoever wants to play. . .

participants so far are:

dogfish
sharkie
TX
WTM
Omac
Tned
champbronc
slim
missouribronc
clay
reidman
devilspawn
timmy!
hoshdude
hobe
broncospsycho77
ziggy
cutlery
chidoze
GEM
slick7

Very nice!!! I look forward to it. Thanks.

omac
07-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Hi dogfish,

Is the draft happening this July or on August? Should we have a tentative date for the online draft, to see if everyone can block it off their calendar?

dogfish
07-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi dogfish,

Is the draft happening this July or on August? Should we have a tentative date for the online draft, to see if everyone can block it off their calendar?

it'll probably be sometime in august. . . . in fact, now that you mention it i'm gonna go ahead and reserve a date for the first conference (that's last year's league, so those of you who were in it will get emails saying that the commissioner has removed you from the league-- don't sweat it, i'm just clearing things out so we can start over). . . i'll send reid a PM so he can set up the second conference and get a draft date reserved-- if we need to add more conferences at some point, we'll just have to go from there. . . .

dogfish
07-04-2008, 12:20 AM
okay, the new thread (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=299401#post299401) is up for this year's league, so go ahead and take a look at it-- and use that thread from here on out to talk about the league. . . .

topscribe
07-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Thread closed at thread-starter's request.

- topscribe

-----