PDA

View Full Version : Rahim Moore

dogfish
12-28-2013, 08:01 PM
still isn't running. . .

Safety Rahim Moore was at Broncos headquarters throughout the week but didn't participate in practice. He had surgery to alleviate lateral compartment syndrome in his leg Nov. 18 and the team placed him on injured reserve with the designation to return. He isn't eligible to come back until the AFC championship game, if the Broncos advance that far.

He said Friday that he had a recent setback and still hasn't been able to run. That would seem to place his chance to return in a bit more jeopardy.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24805714/nate-irving-eager-contribute-place-injured-von-miller

not sounding so great. . . at this point, the team obviously has to be prepared to play the second season with the guys we have now. . . i still think we're capable of getting it done, but we're probably going to have to win shoot-outs. . . with no von miller to bring pressure, i'm afraid the patchwork back end of our defense is going to be under seige the whole time. . . del rio may as well start drawing up the blitzes. . .

chazoe60
12-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Mike Adams has played better recently than Moore was when healthy anyway.

dogfish
12-28-2013, 08:09 PM

mike's admittedly a little more savvy. . . much as i hate to admit it, though, we really could use moore's range back there. . . adams is pretty limited in that regard, and duke's purely a box safety at this point in his development. . . oh well, is what it is. . .

chazoe60
12-28-2013, 08:17 PM
mike's admittedly a little more savvy. . . much as i hate to admit it, though, we really could use moore's range back there. . . adams is pretty limited in that regard, and duke's purely a box safety at this point in his development. . . oh well, is what it is. . .
I'm infinitely more worried about not having Von. I don't think we have a single game changing safety on our roster even when Moore is healthy. Although, obviously Moore is one of our best 53 and of course having him would be better than not having him.

BroncoWave
12-28-2013, 08:28 PM
What happened to all of the posts in this thread?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2013, 09:45 PM
JY ‏@mysc7 7h

@VicLombardi OK, whats the setback with Rahim ? Nerve damage ?

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3h

@mysc7 they had to go back in 13 days ago to repair something in the tissue

dogfish
12-28-2013, 10:00 PM
if it's something that happens to put him in doubt for next year, safety immediately becomes probably our single biggest need-- and we're gonna have enough holes as it is after free agency. . .

SR
12-28-2013, 11:00 PM
if it's something that happens to put him in doubt for next year, safety immediately becomes probably our single biggest need-- and we're gonna have enough holes as it is after free agency. . .

I'm willing to bet Rahim will be good for next year. Adams has been a stud the last couple weeks though.

Timmy!
12-29-2013, 12:43 AM
I'm willing to bet Rahim will be good for next year. Adams has been a stud the last couple weeks though.

He totally blew a coverage.....but then got the great pick.

SR
12-29-2013, 12:45 AM
He totally blew a coverage.....but then got the great pick.

Yes

Joel
12-29-2013, 04:48 AM
I don't lie awake nights worried this years playoffs might not feature a repeat of Moores signature playoff performance. I liked Adams better in coverage from the start; he doesn't deliver crushing hits or flashy picks, but DOES protect the end zone, and that, not the other two, is a FSs ultimate priority. He's a better centerfielder than Moore, and Ihenacho's a better enforcer than Moore or Adams, so I'd prefer starting the two of them over Moore and either. In that respect I'm more concerned with depth in case of injury than whether we NEED Moore to start.

I seem to recall a post on here a few days before our last game though that said they had to go in and do follow up surgery on Moore, so I don't expect him back again this year regardless. Even before that though I'd frankly been wishing we'd put him on perm IR so we could've put Vickerson on temporary IR (but maybe it was already too late to get him back in the CCG or SB anyway; I don't know the convalescence/rehab time for a dislocated hip.)

Put it this way: When it comes to Beast Mode or a potential third meeting with the guy who's got the highest rushing average/attempt of anyone in NFL history, I'm more worried about missing the dominant starting NT than the flashy safety "dreaming" of redemption for last years playoff outing. I wish them both well, but doubt Moore will make or break our season.

Broncolingus
12-29-2013, 03:57 PM
I just hope he comes back 100%...

TXBRONC
12-29-2013, 11:11 PM

Ah no.

chazoe60
12-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Ah no.

Ah yep.

TXBRONC
12-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Ah yep.

Ah no if actually watch games you know better.

chazoe60
12-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Ah no if actually watch games you know better.

Ah yep incoherent nonsensical sentence

BroncoWave
12-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Ignore him Chaz, he thinks he knows more than everyone else.

TXBRONC
12-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Ah yep incoherent nonsensical sentence

And yours has no period at the end genius.

chazoe60
12-29-2013, 11:45 PM
And yours has no period at the end genius.

Never start a sentence with a conjunction.

TXBRONC
12-29-2013, 11:46 PM

I had to finish your sentence for you.

MOtorboat
12-29-2013, 11:47 PM

False.

chazoe60
12-29-2013, 11:47 PM
False.

And why is that?

MOtorboat
12-29-2013, 11:48 PM
And why is that?

Because there is no good reason not to.

chazoe60
12-29-2013, 11:49 PM

Although I agree I still say only a moron starts a sentence with a conjunction

MOtorboat
12-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Although I agree I still say only a moron starts a sentence with a conjunction

It helps avoid run-on sentences and can assist the reader in reading comprehension and clarity in the thought process.

Timmy!
12-29-2013, 11:56 PM
:wacko::turtle::turtle::joyman:

Poet
12-29-2013, 11:57 PM

I NEED you to talk to some mother ******* teachers, Mo. Preach that shit.

MOtorboat
12-29-2013, 11:59 PM

Chicago Style?

**** that shit.

TXBRONC
12-30-2013, 12:01 AM

Btw nice win for the Bengals today.

Poet
12-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Btw nice win for the Bengals today.

Thank you.

I think Rahim Moore is a fine safety, a gentlemen, and a scholar.

TXBRONC
12-30-2013, 12:06 AM
Thank you.

I think Rahim Moore is a fine safety, a gentlemen, and a scholar.

I don't know if he's a gentleman and scholar but I agree he's a good safety.

Davii
12-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Friendly reminder: please stay on topic and refrain from making the conversation personal. Thank you gents.

G_Money
12-30-2013, 02:28 PM

I would find a safety. Moore may never run correctly again. You can lose your leg over that kind of tissue damage, and because the tissue is dying due to the pressure constriction and lack of blood flow it can be a long road back, even if they caught it in time (and from the sounds of it, they did not catch it as soon as anyone would have liked).

It's basically like getting gangrene. I've worked on runners who had it. It's a long road back. Maybe Moore will be fine, but Adams is a FA anyway, so I wouldn't put all my money on Moore being sprightly.

Just pretend he had his leg gnawed on by bears in the offseason and plan accordingly, unfortunately. :(

Joel
12-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Just pull out any author from the Canon at random and scan till you find a sentence beginning with a conjunction; it won't take long. I DO oppose starting a paragraph with one, but sentences? That's just stupid. It's not a great HABIT, mind (fragments are just as bad as run-ons,) but sometimes it's warranted.

I am, however, deducting 5 points for the Oxford comma in your subsequent post. Also, a general reminder: Prison is the only appropriate place to end a sentence with a proposition.

If I can be permitted to deviate from the principal topic of grammar, it's a bit odd to see the claim everyone who watches the games knows Moore>Adams, considering the most infamous play in Moores "highlight" reel, and Moore knocking down the fourth down Chiefs play that would've tied the Arrowhead game at the end of regulation. Quite a difference between the two, yes?

DenBronx
12-30-2013, 03:18 PM
What is this? English class? Lol

One thing I wish this forum had, is something to auto correct what we write. I know I botch many things, usually it's because I'm on a cell device or just to big of a hurry to proof read.

But, when we are all half drunk on gamedays I think we all understand. Haha

Poet
12-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Just pull out any author from the Canon at random and scan till you find a sentence beginning with a conjunction; it won't take long. I DO oppose starting a paragraph with one, but sentences? That's just stupid. It's not a great HABIT, mind (fragments are just as bad as run-ons,) but sometimes it's warranted.

I am, however, deducting 5 points for the Oxford comma in your subsequent post. Also, a general reminder: Prison is the only appropriate place to end a sentence with a proposition.

If I can be permitted to deviate from the principal topic of grammar, it's a bit odd to see the claim everyone who watches the games knows Moore>Adams, considering the most infamous play in Moores "highlight" reel, and Moore knocking down the fourth down Chiefs play that would've tied the Arrowhead game at the end of regulation. Quite a difference between the two, yes?

Did you just disrespect the Oxford comma?

Do you want to mother ******* die?

Joel
12-31-2013, 03:46 AM
Did you just disrespect the Oxford comma?

Do you want to mother ******* die?
That's how I roll, yo. The disrespect, that is, not the taste for death.