PDA

View Full Version : Is Kuper ever coming back?

sneakers
12-28-2013, 05:15 AM
http://111.imagebam.com/download/g1G0V4X_9FTwew9lnEHgNg/29753/297528080/kuper.gif

Hawgdriver
12-28-2013, 06:41 AM
Man, sure hope so. You remember that injury. Not trivial.

Captain Speardog
12-28-2013, 06:42 AM
Put a fork in him.

Dapper Dan
12-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Probably not. But people will still claim he'll be able to heal up and play C/G/T better than anyone we have.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2013, 12:54 PM
I did the same exact thing and it's never been the same. But then again, they don't have world class doctors and trainers in rec bowling.

chazoe60
12-28-2013, 12:55 PM
I did the same exact thing and it's never been the same. But then again, they don't have world class doctors and trainers in rec bowling.
I bet you were running from someone. You seem like the type that has to run from people a lot. ;)

Simple Jaded
12-28-2013, 12:57 PM
I bet you were running from someone. You seem like the type that has to run from people a lot. ;)

I resemble that remark. Usually running from multiple people.

Buff
12-28-2013, 01:08 PM
His career is over for all intents and purposes IMO. He tried to rush back from the first injury and compounded an already bad situation. The bone that was connected to the plate that was put in his foot/ankle shattered. I think any lesser player would have already gotten an injury settlement and been sent packing - but he was a captain and a veteran leader, so I think he got special consideration.

Ziggy
12-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Kuper was a good lineman at one time. I'm guessing Beadles moves on to a team that runs a pure zbs and pays him a bundle. That leaves the left guard spot open for competition. If Kuper is willing to re-structure, he could compete for that spot next season. If he's not willing to re-structure, he's gone. There's no way the Broncos are paying him 5 mill next season, especially when it's not guaranteed. If he restructures, he provides good veteran depth as a worst case scenario.

Buff
12-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Kuper was a good lineman at one time. I'm guessing Beadles moves on to a team that runs a pure zbs and pays him a bundle. That leaves the left guard spot open for competition. If Kuper is willing to re-structure, he could compete for that spot next season. If he's not willing to re-structure, he's gone. There's no way the Broncos are paying him 5 mill next season, especially when it's not guaranteed. If he restructures, he provides good veteran depth as a worst case scenario.

He hasn't been able to play effectively for two full seasons now. He wasn't able to provide effective depth when we needed it this year. Maybe he can finally come back healthy next year, but I just don't see it.

Ziggy
12-28-2013, 02:20 PM
He hasn't been able to play effectively for two full seasons now. He wasn't able to provide effective depth when we needed it this year. Maybe he can finally come back healthy next year, but I just don't see it.

I hope you're wrong Buff, but it wouldn't surprise me if you weren't. We need the kind of character and leadership that Kuper provide, but only for the right price. For his and Champ's salary, we could pay most of the cost of re-signing both Chris Harris and DRC.

CrazyHorse
12-30-2013, 03:54 AM
Where's Ben Hamilton when you need him?

Captain Speardog
12-30-2013, 03:59 AM
Where's Ben Hamilton when you need him?

Don't know where he is at but he is probably weighing 185 lbs I imagine.