PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Pro Bowl nods

pulse
12-27-2013, 09:05 PM
An NFL source said Broncos kicker Matt Prater has earned his first Pro Bowl berth.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/12/27/matt-prater-earns-first-pro-bowl/24539/

Hopefully Matt and quite a few other Broncos will be missing that game :)

Edit: And here's the complete roster...

Denver is represented by:
Offense:
QB Peyton Manning
WR Demaryius Thomas
G Louis Vazquez
TE Julius Thomas

Special Teams:
PK Matt Prater

A bit telling that we didn't have a single defensive player on the roster:

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap2000000304771/article/2014-pro-bowl-complete-rosters

Ziggy
12-27-2013, 09:18 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/12/27/matt-prater-earns-first-pro-bowl/24539/

Hopefully Matt and quite a few other Broncos will be missing that game :)

Edit: And here's the complete rosters...

Denver is represented by:
Offense:
QB Peyton Manning
WR Demaryius Thomas
G Louis Vazquez
TE Julius Thomas

Special Teams:
Matt Prater

A bit telling we didn't have a single defensive player on the Pro Bowl roster:

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap2000000304771/article/2014-pro-bowl-complete-rosters

Not really. DRC was flat out snubbed. He was as good as any corner in the NFL this season.

BroncoWave
12-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Those 5 guys will be far too busy preparing for the Super Bowl to worry about that game. :)

Ziggy
12-27-2013, 09:25 PM
I wish they would have kept the old format. The super bowl champs deserve to walk into the pro bowl with bragging rights. The current format also skews the numbers for future hall of fame voting.

pulse
12-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Not really. DRC was flat out snubbed. He was as good as any corner in the NFL this season.

Agreed. He should have been on there. But overall, our defense took a step back from 2012; though this isn't necessarily indicated based on Pro Bowl nods, it certainly doesn't help the case. Other than DRC, we didn't have anyone that garnered national attention. Von's absence and down year really did have an impact. And other than DRC, our secondary and pass defense was just atrocious.

BroncoWave
12-27-2013, 09:28 PM
The current format also skews the numbers for future hall of fame voting.

How so? Super Bowl players voted to the Pro Bowl are still recognized as Pro Bowlers.

BroncoWave
12-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Here are our alternates:

DRC, Moreno, Von (LOL), Ramirez, Beadles, Welker, Decker

Ziggy
12-27-2013, 09:31 PM
How so? Super Bowl players voted to the Pro Bowl are still recognized as Pro Bowlers.

And so are their replacements that never would have been selected.

Poet
12-27-2013, 09:33 PM
This is as bad of a Pro Bowl voting as I've ever seen. Russel Wilson making Qb? Dear lord.

Cromartie should have made it.

BroncoWave
12-27-2013, 09:35 PM
This is as bad of a Pro Bowl voting as I've ever seen. Russel Wilson making Qb? Dear lord.

Terrell Davis should have made it. I am outraged!

Poet
12-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Terrell Davis should have made it. I am outraged!

Terrell Davis has about as much of a claim to quarterback the PB as Wilson.

#TD4PBQB4LIFE!

Ziggy
12-27-2013, 09:37 PM

Wilson over Foles is ridiculous.

BroncoWave
12-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Wait, Foles didn't get in? That's insane.

Poet
12-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Wilson over Foles is ridiculous.

Wilson over an QB who puts up actual numbers and isn't a game manager is ridiculous. Foles and Tony Romo are far more intelligent decisions than Wilson.

Why is Wilson in the PB? Is it because of numbers? No. Is it because of winning? Yes. Is he the driving force behind his team's play? No. It's the defense. Is he the driving force behind the offense's success? No. That's Marshawn Lynch. Are there QB's out there who are the driving force behind their team's play and success, who are also winning? Yes. Ergo they are the more logical choice for the selection.

chazoe60
12-28-2013, 09:57 AM
How in the funk do the Chefs, for the second year in a row (2 years in which we swept them) have more probowlers than us? Give me a break. Brandon Albert, Brandon Flowers, and Dexter McCluster? Seriously?

Their MB is all up in arms because Derrick Johnson didn't make it. They're calling him the best MLB in the business :laugh: idiots. Kuechly, Bowman, Willis and even Burfict are better and guess what? Those are the guys that made it ahead of Johnson. Chiefs fans are re so dumb.

DRC got robbed. You could make a case for Welker. Our OL as a whole has done well but I think they have the stigma of having Manning at QB which I think tends to make people undervalue their play. ManRam (who'd have thought I'd be saying this) was probably the most deserving OL other than Vasquez.

All in all I think it came out about right.