PDA

View Full Version : Peyton's 50th - Fat Wade's Sour Grapes

Shazam!
12-27-2013, 01:52 PM
BS story -

Phillips: NFL says Peyton's 50th wasn't TD http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10200749/nfl-admits-peyton-manning-td-pass-disallowed-houston-texans-coach-says?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-27-2013, 01:53 PM
HOUSTON -- Upon further review, Denver quarterback Peyton Manning shouldn't have set the NFL record for touchdown passes in a season last week, Houston Texans interim coach Wade Phillips said Friday.

Phillips said the NFL informed the Texans that Broncos receiver Eric Decker's second touchdown catch from Manning on Sunday shouldn't have counted because Decker was juggling the ball.

Phillips acknowledged that the league's mea culpa wouldn't reverse Manning's record, but couldn't help but get a dig in before he left.

"Poor Manning," Phillips said. "He thought he broke the record."

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10200749/nfl-admits-peyton-manning-td-pass-disallowed-houston-texans-coach-says

Have heard NOTHING on this yet in Denver - and Phillips - you can stick it where the sun does not shine for your comment

Buff
12-27-2013, 01:54 PM
I was kind of surprised they didn't take a longer look at it... It did seem like he was juggling it. But I'd say this is the mootest of all points.

Shazam!
12-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Please merge or delete thread I posted?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Please merge or delete thread I posted?

I just requested that this thread be merged with the one you posted 1 min. earlier than mine

chazoe60
12-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Poor Wade, he thought he was a head coach.

WTE
12-27-2013, 02:03 PM
All of Brady's TD receptions were legit.

Nomad
12-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Perhaps Manning can get to 60 against the Raiders on Sunday.:D

All that matters is the BRONCOS keep winning.

FanInAZ
12-27-2013, 02:14 PM

I'm sure that if we go & review everyone of those TDs, we'd find at least 1 or 2 the refs got wrong. I'm also sure that there's at least 1 or 2 that Manning was robbed of. Either way, it all balances out over the course of a season.

topscribe
12-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Get over it, Wade. The game was long since lost by that time. And you don't have a
prayer of getting that HC job, anyway. lol

Army Bronco
12-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Poor Texans, they got away with a PI the play before that #50. They thought they legitimately stopped our player.

topscribe
12-27-2013, 02:25 PM
I guess it's all up to interpretation, which is probably why the call wasn't reversed.
It really looked to me as if Decker had control and was simply tucking it under
his arm. Maybe the officials disagreed on it. If they did, then it certainly wasn't
going to be reversed.

Either way, Phillips should have been more concerned about the way the Broncos
crushed the Texans . . .

Army Bronco
12-27-2013, 02:26 PM
All of Brady's TD receptions were legit.Here we go trolling about the Patriots again...lol I'll give you that you are persistent like Elmo.

Poet
12-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Did Manning's touchdown pass count? Yes. Was and is is still being recorded in the official books? Yes.

Did Peyton Manning, in that same game, go out onto the field, and then throw another touchdown? Yes. Did the combination of those two throws bring Manning's touchdown passing total to a higher number of passing touchdowns than Tom Brady's record? Yes. Does Peyton Manning have the record for most touchdown passes in a season? Yes.

VonDoom
12-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Did the NFL tell Phillips that they were wrong about the non-PI on the previous play?

Ravage!!!
12-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Wow.. Phillips really sounds like a complete a-hole here.

Either way, Phillips is wrong Decker caught that ball. Legit... TD!!!

topscribe
12-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Here we go trolling about the Patriots again...lol I'll give you that you are persistent like Elmo.
I took WTE's comment as a sarcastic one in support of Manning.

topscribe
12-27-2013, 02:38 PM

My fondest memory of Phillips is the day he left Denver . . .

WTE
12-27-2013, 02:41 PM
I took WTE's comment as a sarcastic one in support of Manning.

It was actually more of an antagonizing tone and yes, trolling.

topscribe
12-27-2013, 02:45 PM
It was actually more of an antagonizing tone and yes, trolling.
In that case, I'm sorry I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry for you . . . it made you look like an idiot . . .

WTE
12-27-2013, 02:55 PM
In that case, I'm sorry I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry for you . . . it made you look like an idiot . . .

Fine. I'll leave. I'll just head back to Chazoe's Disney World family vacation thread and troll that some more.

Northman
12-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Wade is a dumbass. They reviewed the play during the game and found nothing conclusive during that time. Guess what Wade? Yeah Manning. He has 51 TD's with the help of your sucky team. Thanks biotch.

Northman
12-27-2013, 03:04 PM
My fondest memory of Phillips is the day he left Denver . . .

He was a Bum.

Dun duh dun. Ill be here all week. :lol:

SR
12-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Technically it shouldn't have been a catch. Not sure what y'all are so pissed off about.

Dreadnought
12-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Technically it shouldn't have been a catch. Not sure what y'all are so pissed off about.

Technically, yes it was. Called on the field, no evidence to overturn it - erego it counts, and six points to the good guys. TD's even count when its Eric Decker that catches them, much as many would seem to prefer otherwise. Its even right there in the box score for all to see.

Ravage!!!
12-27-2013, 03:17 PM

I think it was a catch... technically.

Northman
12-27-2013, 03:20 PM
TD's even count when its Eric Decker that catches them,

Lmao,

Awesome.

NightTrainLayne
12-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Stay classy Wade...

shank
12-27-2013, 03:43 PM
i was surprised that it stood. sometimes there are happy surprises.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Here is video of Eric's catch - it appears to me that he has it secured against his body just before he goes out of bounds

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000302038/Peyton-Manning-ties-NFL-record

pulse
12-27-2013, 03:48 PM
This is just garbage. Why even bring this up, Wade? What good does this do on a Friday before your final game? Don't you have something better to be preparing for and discussing in a press conference? If I were the general manager or owner of that club, this would ink the pink slip for certain. Not that he had a legitimate shot at being the head coach next year anyway. But still, what a joke. He's got to find work elsewhere. I'm quite certain other owners and GMs are going to look at this and shake their head. He may be coaching a position or coordinating, but I bet he'll never be a head coach in the NFL again.

Buff
12-27-2013, 03:54 PM
This is just garbage. Why even bring this up, Wade? What good does this do on a Friday before your final game? Don't you have something better to be preparing for and discussing in a press conference? If I were the general manager or owner of that club, this would ink the pink slip for certain. Not that he had a legitimate shot at being the head coach next year anyway. But still, what a joke. He's got to find work elsewhere. I'm quite certain other owners and GMs are going to look at this and shake their head. He may be coaching a position or coordinating, but I bet he'll never be a head coach in the NFL again.

Actually, no. Not at all. He has one more week to coach - and the franchise would actually prefer he lose that game... So really he has absolutely nothing better to do than shoot the shit and stir the pot a little bit.

Ravage!!!
12-27-2013, 03:56 PM

I agree with you on this, but Wade was never going to be a HC again, anyway, and it doesn't have to do with his job while taking over for Kubiak. He's a TERRIBLE HC, but a FANTASTIC DC. He won't remain on the open market very long at all when looking for a new job. The guy is just a GREAT Defensive Coordinator.

Slick
12-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Wade is a dumbass. They reviewed the play during the game and found nothing conclusive during that time. Guess what Wade? Yeah Manning. He has 51 TD's with the help of your sucky team. Thanks biotch.

I was getting ready to ask...don't they review all touchdowns and turnovers automatically now?

Northman
12-27-2013, 04:42 PM
If i remember correctly, after the play there was footage of Wade waving his hands in disgust after it was upheld. But really, by then the game was already over so i dont know why Wade would be that hellbent on getting it reviewed again after the officials already reviewed it. According to the rules, if a call is made on the field they have to have conclusive proof to overturn the call on the field. But either way, i think this just has more to do with Wade being a bitch that the record was set against him in his first HC duty in a while. Or as Buff put it, maybe he was bored.

gregbroncs
12-27-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm sure that if we go & review everyone of those TDs, we'd find at least 1 or 2 the refs got wrong. I'm also sure that there's at least 1 or 2 that Manning was robbed of. Either way, it all balances out over the course of a season.I can name one. The one a few weeks ago where Decker made a diving catch fell and rolled into the end zone without getting touched while on the ground.

Hawgdriver
12-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Probably the only NFL-related call he'll be getting for a while.

spikerman
12-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Meh, I thought it was incomplete at the time (and still feel that way), but it's in the books and it counts. Time to add a few more this week.

spikerman
12-27-2013, 05:46 PM
When told of Phillips' frisky dig, one prominent Bronco offered a game retort (via The Denver Post):

"We would have got 50 on fourth down, then."

Feel the burn, Son Of Bum.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304724/article/should-peyton-mannings-50th-td-have-counted

OrangeHoof
12-27-2013, 05:57 PM

...just not his TD passes.

topscribe
12-27-2013, 06:13 PM
I agree with you on this, but Wade was never going to be a HC again, anyway, and it doesn't have to do with his job while taking over for Kubiak. He's a TERRIBLE HC, but a FANTASTIC DC. He won't remain on the open market very long at all when looking for a new job. The guy is just a GREAT Defensive Coordinator.
In fact, if JDR leaves, I wouldn't mind the Broncos looking at Phillips for DC.
But if he were to work here, I would tell him to keep his sour grapes remarks
to himself . . .

tomjonesrocks
12-27-2013, 06:18 PM
In the Manning mic'd up video Manning did seem to say something to Decker like "You caught it, right?" Guess this is why.

Watching the game somehow I missed the catch was ever in question...

BroncoWave
12-27-2013, 06:19 PM
In fact, if JDR leaves, I wouldn't mind the Broncos looking at Phillips for DC.
But if he were to work here, I would tell him to keep his sour grapes remarks
to himself . . .

I'd bring Dennis Allen back if Oakland fires him. He did a good job here and still knows alot of our players.

topscribe
12-27-2013, 06:23 PM
I'd bring Dennis Allen back if Oakland fires him. He did a good job here and still knows alot of our players.
Good call. I wouldn't mind that. But Phillips wouldn't be a mistake, either . . . at DC, that is . . .

BroncoWave
12-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Good call. I wouldn't mind that. But Phillips wouldn't be a mistake, either . . . at DC, that is . . .

Or Rex Ryan. There could be several good DCs on the market this offseason.

Runamok
12-27-2013, 07:00 PM

Wade was only joking, according to the story.

I'm not sure Deck had complete control of that ball.

Peyton needs at least one this week to avoid a lawsuit by either Brady or Giselle and the dreaded *

Dzone
12-27-2013, 07:43 PM
LOL...I have to admit, for being such a dull dude, Wade was funny there

Denver Native (Carol)
12-27-2013, 07:46 PM
from article:

Phillips sent the play to the league this week, contending the wrong call was made.

''We did get some good news. Actually, it's bad news for Peyton Manning because the league did come back and say that the ball was juggled by Decker and shouldn't have been a touchdown,'' Phillips said at the beginning of his Friday news conference.

He jokingly added, ''I guess they're going to have to take that Hall of Fame ball that they sent to the Hall of Fame back. I feel bad for Peyton celebrating breaking the record and it really didn't happen.''

''I guess they still count it, don't they? Anyway, the League came and said that it was not a touchdown. Unfortunately, they ruled it a touchdown on the field and then they reviewed and said it was a touchdown. But now the league came back and said it wasn't, which we said all along.''

rest - plus comments from Decker and Fox
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wade-phillips-nfl-agrees-50th-205933856--nfl.html

Dzone
12-27-2013, 07:52 PM
"Poor Manning. He thought he broke the record." LOL...Wade cant coach, but he has a future as a comedian...No need to be mad at wade, he is just being funny, something we could all use more of

OrangeHoof
12-27-2013, 08:01 PM
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/eric-decker-manningTD2.jpg

Here's the real issue. Is a catch with the back of your wrist really a catch? By the time he switches it to better control, his feet were out of the end zone.

pulse
12-27-2013, 08:29 PM

Peyton needs at least one this week to avoid a lawsuit by either Brady or Giselle and the dreaded *

Whether he had control of the ball or not, my point is that even discussing it on a Friday, 4 days after the game/play was completed, it's just garbage talk. I don't really care if Wade brought it up to joke or in jest. It's just kind of bush-league. Perhaps I'm too serious, but you're a head coach, even as an interim, why don't you discuss something a little more relevant than a play that means absolute jack to your final game or future. It was a press conference after all. Is that the only "good news" you have to bring up in a press conference, Wade? Haha..whatever. Good luck, Wade.

Army Bronco
12-27-2013, 08:51 PM

Whether he had control of the ball or not, my point is that even discussing it on a Friday, 4 days after the game/play was completed, it's just garbage talk. I don't really care if Wade brought it up to joke or in jest. It's just kind of bush-league. Perhaps I'm too serious, but you're a head coach, even as an interim, why don't you discuss something a little more relevant than a play that means absolute jack to your final game or future. It was a press conference after all. Is that the only "good news" you have to bring up in a press conference, Wade? Haha..whatever. Good luck, Wade.lol something relevant to the Texans like the 1st pick of the draft.

Northman
12-27-2013, 09:01 PM

Here's the real issue. Is a catch with the back of your wrist really a catch? By the time he switches it to better control, his feet were out of the end zone.

There's no issue. Its a TD catch and in the record books.

Northman
12-27-2013, 09:03 PM
"Poor Manning. He thought he broke the record." LOL...Wade cant coach, but he has a future as a comedian...No need to be mad at wade, he is just being funny, something we could all use more of

Problem is Wade wasnt even funny.

topscribe
12-27-2013, 11:18 PM

No, the real issue is Wade Phillips' whining and moaning. He's blubbering all
over himself because he lost. He probably thinks a win would have helped him
to land a HC gig. Little does he know how incompetent he is as a HC.

spikerman
12-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Wade has always been a classy guy. I can't imagine this was anything other than light-hearted.

OrangeHoof
12-28-2013, 12:12 AM
Maybe I need to rephrase this. Look at the picture again but pretend 25 is Chris Harris and 87 is Rob Gronkowski. Is a catch with one hand and the back of a wrist considered a catch if he's falling out of the corner of the end zone. Don't see this as "Decker's a Bronco so it was a catch" or "The refs allowed it, so it must have been a catch." If your answer is "It's still a catch", fine but don't come back here bellyaching the next time an opponent makes a questionable catch like this on the sideline or the end zone that hurts us.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2013, 12:24 AM

Prove it.

Army Bronco
12-28-2013, 01:13 AM
Maybe I need to rephrase this. Look at the picture again but pretend 25 is Chris Harris and 87 is Rob Gronkowski. Is a catch with one hand and the back of a wrist considered a catch if he's falling out of the corner of the end zone. Don't see this as "Decker's a Bronco so it was a catch" or "The refs allowed it, so it must have been a catch." If your answer is "It's still a catch", fine but don't come back here bellyaching the next time an opponent makes a questionable catch like this on the sideline or the end zone that hurts us.A catch can be between the legs as long as its not bobbling. Is there anything in the rule book that says a catch has to be possession with hands only? That catch wasn't even a game winner. Its not as if they lost by 7 or less.

Hawgdriver
12-28-2013, 01:39 AM

Seems good to me.

Hawgdriver
12-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Wade has always been a classy guy. I can't imagine this was anything other than light-hearted.

Ok, that's cool.

DenBronx
12-28-2013, 06:33 AM

Youre just mad bc Mannings going to add another 4-7 TDs to it on Sunday. Brady will never get that close to the record again.

Northman
12-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Maybe I need to rephrase this. Look at the picture again but pretend 25 is Chris Harris and 87 is Rob Gronkowski. Is a catch with one hand and the back of a wrist considered a catch if he's falling out of the corner of the end zone. Don't see this as "Decker's a Bronco so it was a catch" or "The refs allowed it, so it must have been a catch." If your answer is "It's still a catch", fine but don't come back here bellyaching the next time an opponent makes a questionable catch like this on the sideline or the end zone that hurts us.

I dont think anyone's bellyaching, Denver has been on the receiving end of catches like that before. Its part of the game and calls will either go your way or they wont. Its football. If i had to be honest, i see more bellyaching from guys like you who are trying so hard to say its not a catch when in the end its irrelevant, the call was made and then verified that day. Its in the books so why try so hard to discredit something that you wont be able to change anyway?

Northman
12-28-2013, 06:43 AM

Who cares, he's a putz.

gregbroncs
12-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Saw a catch a few weeks ago where the receiver trapped the ball between his helmet and his hand. It was a catch and to me so was this.

topscribe
12-28-2013, 10:48 AM
I ran the replays, too. You say it was not a catch, and I say it was. Therein is
the problem. It could have gone either way. So it's in the record books, and
that is that.

As Fox implied, there were TD catches taken away during the season that
perhaps should not have been. I remember when Decker caught one and
rolled over the goal line without being touched, and it was taken away from
him. I haven't seen that mentioned, have you?

OrangeHoof
12-28-2013, 12:37 PM
If Phillips is to be believed, the news here is he got the NFL to agree that it *wasn't* a catch although it cannot be undone.

Frankly, I was happy with the old "eyeball" test before instant replay. If it looked like a catch, it was a catch, with the only exception being that the receiver has to hold onto the ball all the way through the play. That takes a *lot* of judgement out of the hands of the refs. In that case, Decker clearly has a catch because he never dropped it.

spikerman
12-28-2013, 01:11 PM
If Phillips is to be believed, the news here is he got the NFL to agree that it *wasn't* a catch although it cannot be undone.

Frankly, I was happy with the old "eyeball" test before instant replay. If it looked like a catch, it was a catch, with the only exception being that the receiver has to hold onto the ball all the way through the play. That takes a *lot* of judgement out of the hands of the refs. In that case, Decker clearly has a catch because he never dropped it.

Even before instant replay if a receiver was juggling the ball as he went out of bounds it was incomplete whether he ultimately dropped it or not.

OrangeHoof
12-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Even before instant replay if a receiver was juggling the ball as he went out of bounds it was incomplete whether he ultimately dropped it or not.

Yes, I'm saying the rule should be changed. As long as both feet are in bounds when contact with the ball was first made, even a juggling catch should count as long as the receiver didn't drop the ball. If the goal line doesn't end at the pylon, why should the end line? Let a receiver tap the ball to himself as he's going out of bounds and count it.

spikerman
12-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Actually, they changed the rule. The goal line does end at the pylon now, except in a few cases. It used to (in a sense) travel around the world. That's no longer the case. I don't think you would find much support for changing the rule to calling a catch good if it's not actually caught until the player is out of bounds.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Manning had a few TD's disallowed, most recently to Decker, one that was originally called a TD but reversed because of incompetence. Yet here we are discussing a record that was originally set before the days of instant replay, considering instant replay was put into place because of incompetence it stands to reason that there were quite a few Sour Grapes involved in the record before replay.

Dzone
12-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Wade Phillips had no business turning that film into the NFL. Thats bs. No wonder wade has been an abject FAILURE as a head coach in ever job he has had. I still cant believe Jerry Jones hired wade to coach the cowboys. That was proof that jerry doesnt know what the hell he is doing. Wade is a complete joke as a hc

topscribe
12-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Wade Phillips had no business turning that film into the NFL. Thats bs. No wonder wade has been an abject FAILURE as a head coach in ever job he has had. I still cant believe Jerry Jones hired wade to coach the cowboys. That was proof that jerry doesnt know what the hell he is doing. Wade is a complete joke as a hc
Mr. Bowlen did, too . . . :nod:

BroncoWave
12-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Mr. Bowlen did, too . . . :nod:

That was his first head coaching gig. It was before anyone knew any better. :D

MNPatsFan
12-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Did Manning's touchdown pass count? Yes. Was and is is still being recorded in the official books? Yes.

Did Peyton Manning, in that same game, go out onto the field, and then throw another touchdown? Yes. Did the combination of those two throws bring Manning's touchdown passing total to a higher number of passing touchdowns than Tom Brady's record? Yes. Does Peyton Manning have the record for most touchdown passes in a season? Yes.Does Barry Bonds technically hold the MLB record for most Home Runs? Yes. But IMHO and the opinion of most people Bonds' record isn't valid and Hank Aaron holds the record for most HRs in a career. Similarly, IMHO Peyton is tied with Brady but will break the record this weekend.

OrangeHoof
12-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Didn't Wade coach the Saints before getting the Denver gig?

BroncoWave
12-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Didn't Wade coach the Saints before getting the Denver gig?

He was interim, but never the permanent HC.

OrangeHoof
12-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Does Barry Bonds technically hold the MLB record for most Home Runs? Yes. But IMHO and the opinion of most people Bonds' record isn't valid and Hank Aaron holds the record for most HRs in a season. Similarly, IMHO Peyton is tied with Brady but will break the record this weekend.

Roger Maris will be saddened to hear that. Well, Mrs. Maris will be saddened.

MNPatsFan
12-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Manning had a few TD's disallowed, most recently to Decker, one that was originally called a TD but reversed because of incompetence. Yet here we are discussing a record that was originally set before the days of instant replay, considering instant replay was put into place because of incompetence it stands to reason that there were quite a few Sour Grapes involved in the record before replay.I suspect you know that Brady set the record with instant replay.:D

topscribe
12-28-2013, 06:33 PM
That was his first head coaching gig. It was before anyone knew any better. :D
Well, between Phillips and McDaniels, I hope Mr. Bowlen is through with hiring first time HCs . . .

MNPatsFan
12-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Roger Maris will be saddened to hear that. Well, Mrs. Maris will be saddened.Ooops you are right, I meant for a career!:tsk:

:laugh:

BroncoWave
12-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Well, between Phillips and McDaniels, I hope Mr. Bowlen is through with hiring first time HCs . . .

Mike Shanahan was a first time HC.

topscribe
12-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Mike Shanahan was a first time HC.
Okay, BW, you can go back to your room and wait for supper . . .

BroncoWave
12-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Okay, BW, you can go back to your room and wait for supper . . .

Crap, forgot about that brief stint with the Raiders. That shouldn't even count. :lol:

Softskull
12-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Wade can catch my balls

MOtorboat
12-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Does Barry Bonds technically hold the MLB record for most Home Runs? Yes. But IMHO and the opinion of most people Bonds' record isn't valid and Hank Aaron holds the record for most HRs in a career. Similarly, IMHO Peyton is tied with Brady but will break the record this weekend.

LOL.

Hopefully, this was tongue in cheek.

chazoe60
12-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Wade can catch my balls
I doubt it, even a young man would have trouble catching BBs and he's old and probably has terrible eye/hand coordination. ;)

Simple Jaded
12-28-2013, 11:33 PM
I suspect you know that Brady set the record with instant replay.:D

I think we all have our suspicions about anything regarding the Patriots.

Army Bronco
12-29-2013, 12:21 AM
I suspect you know that Brady set the record with instant replay.:D

I think we all have our suspicions about anything regarding the Patriots.Brady can suck it along with all the Patriots.

Army Bronco
12-29-2013, 12:24 AM

Did Peyton Manning, in that same game, go out onto the field, and then throw another touchdown? Yes. Did the combination of those two throws bring Manning's touchdown passing total to a higher number of passing touchdowns than Tom Brady's record? Yes. Does Peyton Manning have the record for most touchdown passes in a season? Yes.Does Barry Bonds technically hold the MLB record for most Home Runs? Yes. But IMHO and the opinion of most people Bonds' record isn't valid and Hank Aaron holds the record for most HRs in a career. Similarly, IMHO Peyton is tied with Brady but will break the record this weekend.spoken like a true Pats fan..lol

Poet
12-29-2013, 12:45 AM
You just compared a TD pass being called incorrectly to a known and prolific cheater.

/wet shit party.

OrangeHoof
12-29-2013, 01:58 AM
True story: I struggled with depression some 30 years ago and wound up seeing a psychiatrist. Knowing I was a baseball fan, he dropped in some old bromide he learned in psychiatry school. "You know," he said, "everyone knows Babe Ruth hit more home runs than any player in history but did you know he also struck out more than any player in history?"

I raised my voice and yelled defiantly, "You're wrong! Hank Aaron hit more home runs than any player in history and Reggie Jackson struck out more than any other player."

ShaneFalco
12-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning threw his record-tying 50th touchdown pass to wide receiver Eric Decker last week on a play that was put under a review because it looked like Decker may have been juggling the ball while going out of the end zone.

It was ruled a catch on the field and was upheld on the review, but Texans interim coach Wade Phillips contended that the call was incorrect after the game. Phillips asked the NFL for clarification on the ruling and said Friday that the team heard back from the league that it should have been ruled an incompletion.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/27/wade-phillips-nfl-told-me-mannings-game-tying-td-shouldnt-have-counted/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcsdidnt see this thread

Broncolingus
12-29-2013, 03:44 PM
...maybe Wade should be (should've been) more worried about his defense instead of quality control of other QBs records.

http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Wade-Phillips-Is-Confused-GIF.gif

MOtorboat
12-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Does Barry Bonds technically hold the MLB record for most Home Runs? Yes. But IMHO and the opinion of most people Bonds' record isn't valid and Hank Aaron holds the record for most HRs in a career. Similarly, IMHO Peyton is tied with Brady but will break the record this weekend.

Blow me.

Poet
12-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Blow me.

It's really one of the dumbest posts that this message board has ever seen. Like it tops the infamous JaMarcus Russell is better than Elway comment.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2013, 09:24 PM
It's the ******* Patriots, so I'm just going to go ahead and assume that Tammy Brady's record included a few questionable TD's of his own.

Army Bronco
12-29-2013, 11:44 PM
It's the ******* Patriots, so I'm just going to go ahead and assume that Tammy Brady's record included a few questionable TD's of his own.After today there are no questions. Manning has the record.....S. and as a Bronco!

MNPatsFan
01-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Congrats to Peyton on setting the record for most TD passes in a season!!:elefant:

It's really one of the dumbest posts that this message board has ever seen. Like it tops the infamous JaMarcus Russell is better than Elway comment.F U King. You are such a pr*ck and ass at times.:tsk:

You act like you have NEVER made a stupid or dumb post.:rolleyes:

What a f***ing riot.:laugh:

I made a poor analogy. A better analogy would be Michael Strahan's record for most QB sacks in a season. It is a tainted record because Strahan didn't actually get the sack. Brett Favre gave him the sack by intentionally falling down so that Strahan would "get" his 22.5 sack of the season and the record. I am sure that Peyton feels much better knowing he truly earned and set the record for most TD passes in a season.

Poet
01-01-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm sorry that you struggle with analogies. I'm sorry that accurately categorizing and describing your post caused you grief. I suggest you improve your posts. That way you won't open yourself up to commentary - regardless of it's accuracy - and then you will be less butthurt.

That analogy doesn't fit either, because no one intentionally gave Manning the record, which is what Favre did for Strahan. It was an error in officiating, that was upheld again by the replay officials. If you were going to go that route and claim that it taints the record, then it would open up prior plays for scrutiny, too. As someone else noted earlier in the thread, there was a play where Decker scored a TD, but it was not ruled as a TD. This occurred on a passing play. So, that would cancel it out, right? One play should have been ruled a TD, one of them should not have been ruled a TD. This plays into the argument that everything balances itself out when it comes to calls and rules. It also shows up silly it is to nitpick one or two plays throughout the course of the season.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Wet shit party. :lol:

MNPatsFan
01-01-2014, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry that you struggle with analogies. I'm sorry that accurately categorizing and describing your post caused you grief. I suggest you improve your posts. That way you won't open yourself up to commentary - regardless of it's accuracy - and then you will be less butthurt.Whatever.:rolleyes:

I don't remember you being such a pompous assh**e when I used to post more regularly on here. Perhaps someone will enlighten me as to when and why you became one?

Perhaps it is related to your man crush on P. Manning and your blind defense of him and any and everything he does?

That analogy doesn't fit either, because no one intentionally gave Manning the record, which is what Favre did for Strahan. It was an error in officiating, that was incorrectly upheld again by the replay officials.Whether intentional or not, the on-site officials gave Manning the record by making an incorrect ruling. Luckily, Peyton set the record this last weekend as I expected making the issue pretty much irrelevant.

If you were going to go that route and claim that it taints the record, then it would open up prior plays for scrutiny, too.Only scoring plays for TD rushing or passing records. Otherwise, prior plays are scrutinized to verify the sack, pass vs. run as in the pass play that was reviewed to determine whether it was a pass or lateral (BTW, it was a lateral, but again the ruling favored P. Manning, which isn't a shock), etc.

Argument supporting play was a lateral:
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/31/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-passing-record/

As someone else noted earlier in the thread, there was a play where Decker scored a TD, but it was not ruled as a TD. Did the Broncos challenge the ruling? If not, then that point is moot. This occurred on a passing play. So, that would cancel it out, right? No! One play should have been ruled a TD, one of them should not have been ruled a TD. This would be true for every other QB, including Brady's record setting year, but it didn't and doesn't happen so the point again is moot.

Poet
01-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Whatever.:rolleyes:

I don't remember you being such a pompous assh**e when I used to post more regularly on here. Perhaps someone will enlighten me as to when and why you became one?

Perhaps it is related to your man crush on P. Manning and your blind defense of him and any and everything he does?

Whether intentional or not, the on-site officials gave Manning the record by making an incorrect ruling.

Only scoring plays for TD rushing or passing records. Otherwise, prior plays are scrutinized to verify the sack, pass vs. run as in the pass play that was reviewed to determine whether it was a pass or lateral (BTW, it was a lateral, but again the ruling favored P. Manning, which isn't a shock).

Oh for the love of god, someone suture up MNF's bleeding hole. If we're casting out QB bias cards, gee, I wonder if I could use the turnabout is fair play card? Wait a minute, what team do you root for again?

They gave him an incorrect ruling. It happens. The score counted in the game. The Refs did not give a correct ruling for the last play in the KC SD game. I mean, let's make them go back and redo it all, right?

You still won't directly address the Decker TD argument, which I understand; sometimes truth an reality get in the way of an otherwise very soothing vantage point.

Army Bronco
01-01-2014, 08:35 PM

Whether intentional or not, the on-site officials gave Manning the record by making an incorrect ruling.

Only scoring plays for TD rushing or passing records. Otherwise, prior plays are scrutinized to verify the sack, pass vs. run as in the pass play that was reviewed to determine whether it was a pass or lateral (BTW, it was a lateral, but again the ruling favored P. Manning, which isn't a shock).

Oh for the love of god, someone suture up MNF's bleeding hole. If we're casting out QB bias cards, gee, I wonder if I could use the turnabout is fair play card? Wait a minute, what team do you root for again?

They gave him an incorrect ruling. It happens. The score counted in the game. The Refs did not give a correct ruling for the last play in the KC SD game. I mean, let's make them go back and redo it all, right?

You still won't directly address the Decker TD argument, which I understand; sometimes truth an reality get in the way of an otherwise very soothing vantage point.Dude, don't waste your time arguing with a Pats fan over Manning.

Poet
01-01-2014, 09:04 PM
He got mad a couple years ago when I took him to task over a stupid argument he made about Tom Brady. Then he decided he didn't like me anymore because I pushed his shit in.

It's unfortunate, because he's a nice guy.

Army Bronco
01-01-2014, 09:38 PM
He got mad a couple years ago when I took him to task over a stupid argument he made about Tom Brady. Then he decided he didn't like me anymore because I pushed his shit in.

It's unfortunate, because he's a nice guy.Funny cause Brady likes getting his shit pushed in.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Funny cause Brady likes getting his shit pushed in.

Lmao dude!

weazel
01-01-2014, 11:52 PM
who cares what Bum 'skid say's. he's a tool

MNPatsFan
01-02-2014, 09:03 AM
You still won't directly address the Decker TD argument, which I understand; sometimes truth an reality get in the way of an otherwise very soothing vantage point.I did address it. Because I didn't watch the whole game, I asked whether the Broncos challenged the ruling that it wasn't a completed TD pass. Or did the Decker play you are discussing occur during the last two minutes of either half of the game? If the Broncos didn't challenge the play or if the play didn't occur in the last two minutes of either half of the game then the issue is moot because the officials only automatically review TDs and turnovers.

MNPatsFan
01-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Dude, don't waste your time arguing with a Pats fan over Manning.I actually really like and respect P. Manning. I think he is one of the classiest professional players (Since I don't know him personally, I am limiting it to professional players). From what I know of P. Manning, I don't think he would want to get or hold a record that he doesn't feel he actually earned. Just MHO though.

For what it is worth, I am glad it is P. Manning who set the new record because of the respect I have for him. Similarly, I am glad he will remove B. Favre from the record books next season for most TD passes in a career because he epitomizes class and respect. I lost a lot of respect for B. Favre during his last years in the NFL due to the me me me legacy he created by his actions, especially with the Vikings.

Joel
01-02-2014, 09:39 AM
who cares what Bum 'skid say's. he's a tool
I do, but the NFL said it; Wade just reported them saying it.

However, the whole issue became moot 4 TD passes ago. Once it's in the books, it's in the books and they aren't going back and taking 7 pts off the scoreboard of a game that's already final. Heaven knows they've never done it before, despite countless times they SHOULD'VE. The last season Tom Landry ever coached, a Dallas kick returner fielded a ball 5 yds deep in the end zone, took a couple steps and knelt down—and the refs called it a safety. Dallas lost the game 12-10 and Landry his job, and even the refs admitting the obvious error later didn't change either fact.

Even were that not true, again, everyone's free to scan the whole season to find FOUR MORE wrongly awarded Manning TDs so Brady can keep the record. Because this time he didn't just break it by 1 like the first time so Brady could break it by just 1 a few years later: He broke it by FIVE, and it's probably more if he plays the second half against Oakland. Get over it, or break it.

chazoe60
01-02-2014, 10:00 AM

Whether intentional or not, the on-site officials gave Manning the record by making an incorrect ruling. Luckily, Peyton set the record this last weekend as I expected making the issue pretty much irrelevant.

Only scoring plays for TD rushing or passing records. Otherwise, prior plays are scrutinized to verify the sack, pass vs. run as in the pass play that was reviewed to determine whether it was a pass or lateral (BTW, it was a lateral, but again the ruling favored P. Manning, which isn't a shock), etc.

Argument supporting play was a lateral:
It's not him, it's you.

Army Bronco
01-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Dude, don't waste your time arguing with a Pats fan over Manning.I actually really like and respect P. Manning. I think he is one of the classiest professional players (Since I don't know him personally, I am limiting it to professional players). From what I know of P. Manning, I don't think he would want to get or hold a record that he doesn't feel he actually earned. Just MHO though.

For what it is worth, I am glad it is P. Manning who set the new record because of the respect I have for him. Similarly, I am glad he will remove B. Favre from the record books next season for most TD passes in a career because he epitomizes class and respect. I lost a lot of respect for B. Favre during his last years in the NFL due to the me me me legacy he created by his actions, especially with the Vikings. I stand corrected. I guess I need to stop generalizing. I'm so used to PATS fans hating PFM.

Poet
01-02-2014, 04:32 PM
I stand corrected. I guess I need to stop generalizing. I'm so used to PATS fans hating PFM.

This is a lie, he hates Peyton Manning and wishes death upon him.

MNPatsFan
01-02-2014, 04:46 PM
This is a lie, he respects Peyton Manning and wishes a plague upon his game when he and the Broncos play the Patriots.There fixed it for you!:laugh:

I may dislike certain NFL players such as Ray Lewis, T. Suggs, etc., but the only player I can remember hating is Jack Tatum after he intentionally tried to hurt Daryl Stiingley and ended up paralyzing him.:tsk:

Poet
01-02-2014, 04:48 PM
There fixed it for you!:laugh:

I may dislike certain NFL players such as Ray Lewis, T. Suggs, etc., but the only player I can remember hating is Jack Tatum after he intentionally tried to hurt Daryl Stiingley and ended up paralyzing him.:tsk:

You make voodoo dolls of Manning and try to hurt him!

MNPatsFan
01-02-2014, 05:53 PM
You make voodoo dolls of Manning and try to hurt him!Naaaahhh, I ONLY make voodoo dolls of you and force things up your voodoo doll's ass. According to BroncoJoe, however, this doesn't hurt you, it merely brings you great pleasure!;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Army Bronco
01-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Its getting hot in here! Lol

BroncoWave
01-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Naaaahhh, I ONLY make voodoo dolls of you and force things up your voodoo doll's ass. According to BroncoJoe, however, this doesn't hurt you, it merely brings you great pleasure!;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sounds like you have a lot of experience in pleasuring guys' ass holes. :D

Poet
01-02-2014, 06:47 PM
I don't feel safe on this message board anymore.

Joel
01-03-2014, 10:11 AM
I don't feel safe on this message board anymore.
Me neither, but I don't feel safe any less. That's the great thing about Tom Brady though: He's always done his part to preserve all the homo-eroticism one would expect from a sport where sweaty men in tight pants begin every play by crouching down while one reaches between the thighs of another to grab a ball from the rear. :) And, yes, if anyone has a clip of that SNL Church Lady skit where Dana Carvery interviewed Montana and Payton, that would be priceless right here.