PDA

View Full Version : IF We Make it to the Big Game, I Like Our Chances

WARHORSE
12-27-2013, 02:11 AM
If I had to pick the games right now, Id say the Broncos will face the 49ers in the superbowl. Seattle has a good team, but a couple of things sway me towards the 9ers in a playoff scenario.
I dont believe the Seattle team will be mentally prepared for the pressure of being the number one team in the playoffs. The pressure comes with the possibility of losing. I dont think they will hold up.
The 9ers have already lost the superbowl......no pressure.

For the playoff possible teams, the strength of schedule goes as follows:

Denver-14
New England-27
Cincinnati-17
Indianapolis-16
Baltimore-31
Miami-13
San Diego-21
Chiefs-32

Seattle-27
Panthers-23
New Orleans-11
GBay-29
Chicago-20
49ers-14
Arizona-11
Eagles-30
Cowboys-18

The playoff teams that played the hardest schedules were New Orlean and Arizona playing the 11th hardest schedules. Miami had the 13th. The Broncos and 9ers were next at 14th hardest schedules.

With Denver enjoying a bye and home field advantage throughtout with a win this weekend, I think we have a great shot at winning the AFC.

The 49ers will have a tougher road of it but have a defense that travels well. Their challenge will come in having to beat Seattle in Seattle. I think they can do it.

Russell Wilson is not a pocket passer. The 9ers can force him to play there.

Arizona is a real darkhorse. They are playing great defense right now.

Our challenge will be the Patriots. I like our chances at home. But our coaching staff better bring their A games because the Patriots will.

I liked the pitch plays we saw last week. I hope we use them more against the Faders.

We have Champ, Webster, Wolfe, Welker all slated to be there for the playoffs and hopefully we get Moore back too.

Its going to be tough.....but the BRONCOS can do it!!!!

CrazyHorse
12-27-2013, 02:40 AM
If we were to beat the Dolphins, Bengals, and then Panthers people would complain we didn't beat any of the good teams...

DenBronx
12-27-2013, 02:53 AM
I want NE in the AFCCG. We beat them in the playoffs then no one can say Jack shit.

And please give us SF!!! We will get revenge and beat them like a drum!!!!!

DenBronx
12-27-2013, 02:54 AM
But at this point, I just want to get past round 1.

Ziggy
12-27-2013, 05:58 AM
If we were to beat the Dolphins, Bengals, and then Panthers people would complain we didn't beat any of the good teams...

Nobody complains when you win a super bowl. Once the Lombardi is being hoisted, everything else becomes superfluous.

MasterShake
12-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Nobody complains when you win a super bowl. Once the Lombardi is being hoisted, everything else becomes superfluous.

Exactly. I didn't see the fine citizens of Baltimore complaining as they lit up their crack pipes and shot their guns sideways into the air during their Super Bowl parade.

I guess I shouldn't stereotype, if Denver wins it will just be a cloud of Marijuana smoke and Manning and Elway giggling as they try to get through their victory speech as Doritos Locos tacos are handed out to the crowd.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
12-27-2013, 11:29 AM
I have a hard time believing Seattle's SOS was that bad in the division that they play in.

Army Bronco
12-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Good insight from everyone. I would be able worried about AZ if they get in. I still think Seattle is the team for the NFC. I don't think we lose to anyone in the AFC these POs. Just a feeling.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Good insight from everyone. I would be able worried about AZ if they get in. I still think Seattle is the team for the NFC. I don't think we lose to anyone in the AFC these POs. Just a feeling.

The only two teams that worry me are NE and Indy.

Nomad
12-27-2013, 02:15 PM
The only two teams that worry me are NE and Indy.

Yeah, NE always finds a way to win with Brady, but with that said, I'm hoping for a BRONCOS/Patriots AFCCG. BRONCOS would win this time.

Ravage!!!
12-27-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm always the guy that seems to see the worst and hopes for the best. Maybe I'm always worried about getting hopes up.

This season has had some magical moments that remind me of the 97-98 teams. Being a scoring machine, and kicking the longest FG in NFL history are two things that happened with our past SUper BOwl teams. BUT....

Generally speaking, SUper Bowl teams have had a lucky year in terms of injuries. It's hard enough field a Super Bowl team in the cap-era without injuries... but with them, its REALLY hard. Losing as many starters as we have to injuries, worries me a GREAT deal. Offensive tackles, Centers, Defensive lineman, LBs, safeties, and corners. Its a LOT to overcome.

MasterShake
12-27-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm always the guy that seems to see the worst and hopes for the best. Maybe I'm always worried about getting hopes up.

This season has had some magical moments that remind me of the 97-98 teams. Being a scoring machine, and kicking the longest FG in NFL history are two things that happened with our past SUper BOwl teams. BUT....

Generally speaking, SUper Bowl teams have had a lucky year in terms of injuries. It's hard enough field a Super Bowl team in the cap-era without injuries... but with them, its REALLY hard. Losing as many starters as we have to injuries, worries me a GREAT deal. Offensive tackles, Centers, Defensive lineman, LBs, safeties, and corners. Its a LOT to overcome.

I keep thinking of when Green Bay won it a few years back. They were missing a good chunk of their roster and made a great run on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers. I think we can do something similar with the way Manning is playing. Our defense just needs to step up a little more.

BroncoWave
12-27-2013, 06:40 PM
You mean WHEN we make the big game.