PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Charity Idea

OrangeHoof
12-26-2013, 06:43 PM
I mailed a letter to the Broncos the other day for a charity auction idea that the team could raise a great deal of money from and give one fan an exclusive treat they would never forget.

The Broncos would put up for auction for one fan to sit inside the Broncos war room for one day of the May draft, receive a personally autographed football signed by both John Elway and Peyton Manning* and have their picture taken with the two Hall of Fame quarterbacks. Travel expenses would be the responsibility of the winner.

There would be certain restrictions on being in the war room (no tweeting, speak only when spoken to, no revealing inside information, etc.) but the high bidder would actually get to be in the nerve center watching how John Fox and the Broncos make their draft pick. Since the draft is now three days long, the winner would have to choose which day they want to attend.

From the Broncos' point of view, all it costs them is the price of a football and a sharpie. The football would likely be a keepsake that will grow in resale value over the years.

How much would you bid for something like that? I think the bidding would top $1000.

(*depending on Manning's plans for those days)

FanInAZ
12-26-2013, 07:24 PM
It should be done as a raffle so poor folks like me would have a chance of winning.

OrangeHoof
12-26-2013, 08:46 PM
It should be done as a raffle so poor folks like me would have a chance of winning.

Maybe. The Broncos would ultimately decide, wouldn't they? I think an auction will bring in more money than a raffle would.

Dapper Dan
12-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Maybe. The Broncos would ultimately decide, wouldn't they? I think an auction will bring in more money than a raffle would.

Have two "tickets". One raffled, the other auctioned. Everybody's happy.