PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos 2014 Schedule: Broncos 2014 Opponents Finalized

Magnificent Seven
12-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Denver Broncos 2014 Opponents

Home
Kansas City Chiefs (11-4)
Oakland Raiders (4-11)
San Diego Chargers (8-7)
Buffalo Bills (6-9)
Miami Dolphins (8-7)
Arizona Cardinals (10-5)
San Francisco 49ers (10-4)
Indianapolis Colts (10-5)

Away
Oakland Raiders (4-11)
San Diego Chargers (8-7)
New England Patriots (11-4)
New York Jets (7-8)
St. Louis Rams (7-8)
Seattle Seahawks (12-3)
Cincinnati Bengals (10-5)

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/12/23/5238344/denver-broncos-2014-schedule-opponents

Magnificent Seven
12-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Tough schedule in 2014.

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Awesome, I only live 5 hours from Cincy. I will be going to that game. You with me, King?

Poet
12-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Awesome, I only live 5 hours from Cincy. I will be going to that game. You with me, King?

I will be in Springfield, Illinois. I will also still be broke as hell.

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 04:57 PM
I will be in Springfield, Illinois. I will also still be broke as hell.

King, I'm broke as hell too. No excuse! Maybe the Bengals will be really bad next year and ticket prices will drop.

CrazyHorse
12-26-2013, 05:06 PM
He's afraid Brandon Stokley will return just for that game. Tough schedule but the rest of the AFC West plays the same games except for 2 and the division of course.

Poet
12-26-2013, 05:09 PM
King, I'm broke as hell too. No excuse! Maybe the Bengals will be really bad next year and ticket prices will drop.

I'm sorry, BW, but it just ain't in the cards.

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 05:12 PM
It's ok, if I were a Bengals fan I would not want to see that beatdown in person either. Maybe you'll get lucky and Manning will retire after winning the Super Bowl this year. :D

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 05:14 PM
So there's a possibility of 7 of our 8 road games being against teams that went .500 or better this season, and 13 of our 16 games overall. Yeesh! Luckily, there are always several teams who drop off.

Poet
12-26-2013, 05:15 PM
It's ok, if I were a Bengals fan I would not want to see that beatdown in person either. Maybe you'll get lucky and Manning will retire after winning the Super Bowl this year. :D

Considering that the Bengals are undefeated at home and will have all their best players, I doubt this. I look forward to watching your corners get sodomized by A.J. Green. And watching those scrub LB's try to stop Giovanni Bernard will be like beautiful. Bring on the old man! ;)

SR
12-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Considering that the Bengals are undefeated at home and will have all their best players, I doubt this. I look forward to watching your corners get sodomized by A.J. Green. And watching those scrub LB's try to stop Giovanni Bernard will be like beautiful. Bring on the old man! ;)

You better shut the **** up. Y'hear?

Poet
12-26-2013, 05:17 PM
You better shut the **** up. Y'hear?

He disrespected my team and I won't stand for it! You don't come to the big man's table and take his food!

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 05:19 PM
He disrespected my team and I won't stand for it! You don't come to the big man's table and take his food!

I would never dare try to take away your food, King. I value my life far too much.

Poet
12-26-2013, 05:20 PM
I would never dare try to take away your food, King. I value my life far too much.

You metaphorically did the same damn thing.

Broncos with Peyton Manning finish 12-4 against that schedule. Without Manning you go 2-14, and all your players contract HIV.

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 05:21 PM
and all your players contract HIV.

Will this be from being sodomized by AJ Green? Makes sense.

Poet
12-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Will this be from being sodomized by AJ Green? Makes sense.

Tom Brady spikes drinks and goes Gay Roethlisberger.

It's horrible.

Denver Native (Carol)
WHY do we ALWAYS play NE there??????? We played them THERE again this year!!!!!!!

Army Bronco
and all your players contract HIV.

Will this be from being sodomized by AJ Green? Makes sense.this is gross..lol

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 05:25 PM
WHY do we ALWAYS play NE there??????? We played them THERE again this year!!!!!!!

In the Brady era, 5 of his 10 regular season starts against us have come in Denver, the years being 01, 03, 05, 09, and 11.

Northman
12-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Cant see the away gsmes. Clashing with my bsckground on the mobile.

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Cant see the away gsmes. Clashing with my bsckground on the mobile.

Oakland Raiders (4-11)
San Diego Chargers (8-7)
New York Jets (7-8)
St. Louis Rams (7-8)
Seattle Seahawks (12-3)
Cincinnati Bengals (10-5

Northman
12-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks Wave

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 05:49 PM
The only for sure wins I see on that away slate are the Raiders and Jets. The rest will be tough games. I would be happy to get 4 wins out of that slate, hopefully 5.

OrangeHoof
12-26-2013, 06:04 PM
All the more reason the Broncos should be all-in for this season. The NFC West is rough and we get the (expletive) Patriots on the road for the xth consecutive season.

chazoe60
12-26-2013, 06:15 PM
The only for sure wins I see on that away slate are the Raiders and Jets. The rest will be tough games. I would be happy to get 4 wins out of that slate, hopefully 5.

We'll win 7 of those games at least. Bank it.

Unless Peyton Manning retires then disregard everything I just typed, except for the part I just typed about disregarding what I typed, that part you should totally regard.

pulse
12-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Denver Broncos 2014 Opponents

Home
Oakland Raiders (4-11)
San Diego Chargers (8-7)
Buffalo Bills (6-9)
Miami Dolphins (8-7)
Arizona Cardinals (10-5)
San Francisco 49ers (10-4)
Indianapolis Colts (10-5)

Away
Oakland Raiders (4-11)
San Diego Chargers (8-7)
New York Jets (7-8)
St. Louis Rams (7-8)
Seattle Seahawks (12-3)
Cincinnati Bengals (10-5)

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/12/23/5238344/denver-broncos-2014-schedule-opponents

That away schedule is just BRUTAL...... Way tougher than this year. Only two of those away games are favorable wins: Raiders and Jets. All those other games are going to be real close hard-fought games that could go either way. Kansas City should be as good or better. The Chargers will probably be better having a full year behind them with the new coaching staff. Rivers seems to be getting better and better in that offense. Obviously, the Patriots are always tough in Foxboro. The Rams will be better next year with the NFL's top defense. I don't really need to say anything about going to Seattle. And, of course, the Bengals are undefeated at home. Yes, we'll still have Peyton, but we may not win 13 games next year. 11-5 might be more realistic. We'll still be in the playoffs though.

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 06:18 PM
We'll win 7 of those games at least. Bank it.

Unless Peyton Manning retires then disregard everything I just typed, except for the part I just typed about disregarding what I typed, that part you should totally regard.

I usually disregard everything you type. ;)

chazoe60
12-26-2013, 06:19 PM
I usually disregard everything you type. ;)
You little.......................

FanInAZ
12-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Home
Kansas City Chiefs (11-4) [Losing 4 of their last 6 is a red flag for next season because it suggests that the league has adapted to them. Now they need to adapt to these adaptions or they'll be in trouble.]
Oakland Raiders (4-11) [Playing for the Raiders is a red flag that your career is on the brink of ruin.]
San Diego Chargers (8-7) [New coach, same team]
Buffalo Bills (6-9) [11 straight losing seasons, 15 seasons since they've had a winning record]
Miami Dolphins (8-7) [They've found a legitimate QB & could become a legitimate contender in the AFC.]
Arizona Cardinals (10-5) [They need to prove to me that this season wasn't a fluke.]
San Francisco 49ers (10-4) [Glad we've got them at home.]
Indianapolis Colts (10-5) [Legitimate force in the AFC. They could be SB favorites next year depending upon how they do in the playoffs & this offseason goes.]

Away
Kansas City Chiefs (11-4) [Losing 4 of their last 6 is a red flag for next season because it suggests that the league has adapted to them. Now they need to adapt to these adaptions or they'll be in trouble.]
Oakland Raiders (4-11) [Playing for the Raiders is a red flag that your career is on the brink of ruin.]
San Diego Chargers (8-7) [New coach, same team]
New England Patriots (11-4) [Will be a SB contender as long as Brady is their QB. I hope this game is sooner rather than later.]
New York Jets (7-8) [The loud explosion that we'll all be hearing in the Big Apple is the Jets being blown up after the firing of Ryan.]
St. Louis Rams (7-8) [Need a win this week to break their streak of 6 straight losing seasons. Nevertheless, its been 10 seasons since they've had a winning record]
Seattle Seahawks (12-3) [Legitimate power in the NFC & SB contenders for the foreseeable future.]
Cincinnati Bengals (10-5) [King should be proud of his model of mediocrity. :D]

Poet
12-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Making the playoffs four out of five years coupled with being one of the best drafting teams in the NFL does not make for a mediocre model!

FanInAZ
12-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Making the playoffs four out of five years coupled with being one of the best drafting teams in the NFL does not make for a mediocre model!

Not making it out of the WC round 3 out of the last 4 years makes you a model of mediocrity.

Poet
12-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Not making it out of the WC round 3 out of the last 4 years makes you a model of mediocrity.

Illogical.

Consistently making the playoffs is not an act of mediocrity. The Bengals consistently make the playoffs. The Bengals are not mediocre.

Syllogism all up in this bitch.

FanInAZ
12-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Syllogism...

:confused:

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Illogical.

Consistently making the playoffs is not an act of mediocrity. The Bengals consistently make the playoffs. The Bengals are not mediocre.

How about this? As far as consistent playoff teams go, the Bengals are mediocre. :D

broncosfannum24
12-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Once again, we're playing new England away...

Poet
12-26-2013, 08:31 PM
How about this? As far as consistent playoff teams go, the Bengals are mediocre. :D

That would be about right.

Fan, you know what a damn syllogism is! It's a parallel comparison, really.

OrangeHoof
12-26-2013, 08:38 PM
In King's defense, playing in the AFC North not only means playing the Steelers and Ravens twice a year it also means getting the shit beaten out of you by two of the NFLs dirtiest teams four times a year whether you won or lost. I would not want to trade places with them.

So if they make the playoffs with that type of handicap, they deserve some props. It's like being in the AL East and knowing every year two teams in your division will be spending like Rockefellers to get the best players money can buy and you have to somehow overcome that just to make the playoffs.

I'm not a Bengal fan or a Marvin Lewis fan but I realize they don't have it easy just by being in the AFC North.

FanInAZ
12-26-2013, 08:46 PM

Illogical.

:confused:

Fan, you know what a damn syllogism is! It's a parallel comparison, really.

You definition doesn't seem consistent with the context of what you originally wrote. It seems to me that your previous statements were not parallel comparisons, but assessments of what you believe about your Bengals.

Poet
12-26-2013, 08:48 PM
You definition doesn't seem consistent with the context of what you originally wrote. It seems to me that your previous statements were not parallel comparisons, but assessments of what you believe about your Bengals.

What?

BroncoWave
12-26-2013, 09:35 PM
I wonder who we will play in our opening Thursday game as defending Super Bowl champs.

Poet
12-26-2013, 09:54 PM
I wonder who we will play in our opening Thursday game as defending Super Bowl champs.

You guys lose the first game you play in the postseason.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2013, 10:33 PM
You guys lose the first game you play in the postseason.

We beat Pittsburgh 2 years ago in our first game, so piss off.

Poet
12-26-2013, 10:48 PM
We beat Pittsburgh 2 years ago in our first game, so piss off.

Someone really read that conversation incorrectly, yeah?

Yeah.

Yeah!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Someone really read that conversation incorrectly, yeah?

Yeah.

Yeah!

No, I just wanted to say that. :D

Yep,

Yep,

Yep-

DenBronx
12-27-2013, 02:01 AM

It never ceases to amaze me that we always have to play IN NE. Goodell is clearly once again showing his East Coast bias.

BroncoWave
12-27-2013, 08:05 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that we always have to play IN NE. Goodell is clearly once again showing his East Coast bias.

Once again, in case anyone missed it the first time...Brady has played the Broncos 10 times in the regular season. 5 of those 10 have been in Denver; in 01, 03, 05, 09, and 11. There is no "bias" from Goodell or the league making us play in NE. Fans just have really selective memory.

BroncoJoe
12-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Once again, in case anyone missed it the first time...Brady has played the Broncos 10 times in the regular season. 5 of those 10 have been in Denver; in 01, 03, 05, 09, and 11. There is no "bias" from Goodell or the league making us play in NE. Fans just have really selective memory.

Probably because this will be the third consecutive time. Fourth counting a playoff.

chazoe60
12-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Shut your piehole, pats sympathizer.

OrangeHoof
12-27-2013, 11:36 AM
There is a formula in place and the formula changed slightly in 2009 after the Jets complained about too many West Coast games. So when a division plays the AFC West, they will get one road game in Cali and the other not. The team will get road trips to SD/KC and home to OAK/DEN or the opposite. It will rotate in six year cycles for intraconference and every eight years for interconference. What I don't understand yet is how the home/road is chosen for the intraconference opponents who happened to finish in the same spot in their division as you did.
I know one gets home and the other gets away but I don't know what formula determines that.

This year, we got NE on the road because they both finished first in their division. This year, it's because the AFC East is playing round robin with the AFC West. So, if we are playing in NE this time, it means we must have hosted them in 2011, the last time the two divisions met this way. We'll get them here in 2017.

VonDoom
12-27-2013, 04:39 PM
I just did research on this elsewhere and don't feel like going through all the specifics, but it is indeed on a cycle. Remember, we play the Patriots every three years because we're playing the AFC East. If we play them in the intervening years, it's because we've finished in the same position in our division as they did in theirs. Since the format changed after 2002, our six year cycle in those games has been as follows:

2003 - vs AFC East, at AFC South
2004 - vs AFC East, at AFC North
2005 - vs AFC North, at AFC South
2006 - at AFC East, vs AFC South
2007 - at AFC East, vs AFC North
2008 - at AFC North, vs AFC South

That cycle repeated from 2009-2014; in this example, 2012 and 2013 we were at that AFC East team that happened to be the Patriots. This cycle starts again with 2015 and 2016 being home games against the AFC East team; if it is the Patriots in that scenario, then we will play them at home two years in a row. And in 2017, we will play the AFC East in its entirety again, and it should flip the home/away games, meaning that we'd play the Pats (and Jets) at home. So potentially, we could play the Pats three straight years AT HOME in the near future.

BroncoWave
12-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Probably because this will be the third consecutive time. Fourth counting a playoff.

Well you can't really count the playoff at all since seeding determines that. The 3 in a row is probably just more of a scheduling anomaly than anything. Overall, I don't there is any sort of bias from the league as far as the location of Broncos-Pats. Why would they care?

Nomad
12-31-2013, 11:41 AM
I hope Denver plays Seattle in late Dec, because we'll be in Seattle from Dec 20-Jan 3.

Dapper Dan
12-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Yes! I was planning on St Louis, but it looks like I can just go back to Cincy! It's a hell of a lot closer.

Nomad
12-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Yes! I was planning on St Louis, but it looks like I can just go back to Cincy! It's a hell of a lot closer.

My brother-in-law got free tickets and a sideline pass for a Seahawks game this year....lucky *******.

My kids got all Seahawks gear for Christmas again from the grandparents:rolleyes::lol:

Broncolingus
01-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Wow...

...seven playoff teams from this year :tsk:

Nomad
01-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Wow...

...seven playoff teams from this year :tsk:

BRONCOS are one of the best, so they gotta play the best. There is alway the Oakland Raiders to fall back on:D