PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller moved to injured reserve, Brandon Marshall signed from Broncos practice

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2013, 06:38 PM
The Denver Broncos have moved Von Miller, as expected, to season-ending injured reserve and signed second-year linebacker Brandon Marshall from the team's practice squad, the team announced late on Tuesday.

Miller suffered a tear to the ACL in his right knee in the first quarter of Denver's game on Sunday against the Houston Texans. An MRI on Monday confirmed the team's worst fears that Miller would miss the remainder of the season.

Marshall played in five games as a rookie for the Jacksonville Jaguars after being selected in the fifth round of the 2012 draft. He spent the first 16 weeks of this season on the Broncos' practice squad.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24790316/von-miller-injured-reserve-denver-broncos

Ziggy
12-24-2013, 06:43 PM
I wonder who we put on the practice squad to replace Marshall.

SR
12-24-2013, 06:48 PM
What happened to Quanterus smith?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2013, 06:48 PM
I wonder who we put on the practice squad to replace Marshall.

If you would have read the rest of the article, you would have known.:D

Nathan Palmer — a second-year wide receiver — was signed to the practice squad to fill Marshall's position. He spent most of this season on Miami's practice squad and played in five games for the Indianapolis Colts in 2012.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...denver-broncos

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-24-2013, 06:56 PM
What happened to Quanterus smith?

I thought he was placed on IR in the preseason...?

OrangeHoof
12-24-2013, 07:01 PM
I'll bet Jay Cutler was pissed...

Ziggy
12-24-2013, 07:11 PM
If you would have read the rest of the article, you would have known.:D

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...denver-broncos

Yep I sure would have. Sorry Carol, I was scanning again. Lesson learned.

Nathan Palmer is an interesting prospect. He ran a 4.34 40 at his pro day, had a 37 inch vertical, and 10.5 inch broad jump along with 13 reps of 225 on the bench press. Nice to see some speed added to the WR position for next year's training camp.

Dzone
12-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Im excited about our new Guys! I didnt know we had a guy who has been with the team all along. Hope Nate Irving is ready to step up and get the job done. Wonder if this marshall kid will be on the field much. Wouldnt surprise me. Fresh legs for special teams anyway.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Trevathan looked good rushing the passer in the second half.

Dzone
12-24-2013, 07:53 PM
The few plays I saw of Trevathan , he looked damn good. He can hit too.
It hurts, but We will be fine without Miller. We will get welker back, which automatically adds 7 points to our total

Army Bronco
12-25-2013, 12:15 AM
The few plays I saw of Trevathan , he looked damn good. He can hit too.
It hurts, but We will be fine without Miller. We will get welker back, which automatically adds 7 points to our totalTrevathan is turning into a beast.

OrangeHoof
12-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Once Miller returned, Phillips' sacks went way down and Ayers' impact plays went way down. That's because Miller was taking their spots on the field. When they were in the game, they were in positions where they made fewer plays because the defense is designed to get Miller into the backfield where he can wreak havoc.

Unless they are banged up, I think Phillips and Ayers will go back to being the aggressive selves they were during Miller's suspension plus they'll have a week against Oakland to get back into the rhythm then a bye week of practice before they have to play for keeps.

Where it hurts us is depth and versatility. If this kid Marshall has any speed, I hope Fox and Del Rio will design a couple of surprise blitzes because he won't be on tape and the playoff team we play against will have nothing on film of him so we can get their OL very confused if they realize they have to account for him.

Simple Jaded
12-25-2013, 01:24 AM
Ayers beat Duane Brown like a drum on a speed rush where Schaub had to step up and rush the throw, nice use of hands on that play.

Simple Jaded
12-25-2013, 01:55 AM
Yep I sure would have. Sorry Carol, I was scanning again. Lesson learned.

Nathan Palmer is an interesting prospect. He ran a 4.34 40 at his pro day, had a 37 inch vertical, and 10.5 inch broad jump along with 13 reps of 225 on the bench press. Nice to see some speed added to the WR position for next year's training camp.

NaPalm, cool nickname, apparently he can return kicks too.