PDA

View Full Version : Dollars and sense

Superchop 7
12-24-2013, 10:38 AM
2014 Free Agents

Secondary

DRC, I try to keep him, find someone like Talib to play opposite.

Adams, Carter, Harris, Ihenacho, IMO, every one of these guys can go, when a unit played as poorly as this it is time to start over. Carter is slower this year, not sure why.

Linebacker

Woodyard, agent is going to get in the way, he is a Will backer, Mike experiment failed, dollars and sense here with him probably going elsewhere. (but I hope he stays)

Lenon, Bradley, don't let the door hit ya in the ass.

Defensive End

Putting Ayers and Phillips (olb) in this group, solid guys that if it makes dollars and sense I keep, if they want more than I am willing to pay, not happening.

Offensive Line

Kuper I wish I knew his health, re did the contract, a guy you would like to keep around at a fair price.

Beadles, agent will get in the way, not worth what he thinks he is.

Wide Receiver

Decker and Caldwell, another agent issue, I am not paying Decker a ton of money when Caldwell is right on his heels.

Kick Returner

Holliday is gone, Ginn or Hester will replace him.

DL

Mitch Unrein, I need an upgrade.

Shazam!
12-24-2013, 10:44 AM
I am not going that far yet thinking of 2014. For all we know Peyton may not even be here...

My primary concern is a win Sunday, the top seed, Playoff opponents and the current state of the Defense.

Zweems56
12-24-2013, 11:13 AM
I don't even know how you can say to get rid of Harris. Thats lunacy. He's been our most consistent defensive back, with the intelligence to switch inside on nickel packages. He hasn't given up a catch in two weeks. Wtf.

silkamilkamonico
12-24-2013, 11:55 AM
2014 is going to be interesting.

Denver has so many key players that are free agents, I don't think our team on paper will be better next year than this year, we'll either be re-signing guys with a weak free agent listing, or we'll basically be replacing guys we lost via free agency.

The bright side is I don't think whatever happens with our defense it could really be much worse.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-24-2013, 12:13 PM
I'd like them to explore moving Danny T to Mike and put Woody back at WIL.

bcbronc
12-24-2013, 12:47 PM
I'd like them to explore moving Danny T to Mike and put Woody back at WIL.

I'd like them to explore getting an actual Mike.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-24-2013, 01:00 PM
I'd like them to explore getting an actual Mike.

Trevathan is a mike. He played ILB at Kentucky. He's built to handle it too.

bcbronc
12-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Trevathan is a mike. He played ILB at Kentucky. He's built to handle it too.

Then why haven't they been using him there? Says to me that Fox and Del Rio don't see him as a Mike. IMO Mike is one of the most instinctive positions in football between whistles. We need to find a guy that actually has those instincts. From what I've seen, that guy isn't currently on the roster.

Simple Jaded
12-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Who the **** lets Jr walk? He's a restricted FA. The name of this thread should be Dollars and Nonsense.

Simple Jaded
12-24-2013, 02:01 PM
In FA I dream of some combination of Harris, DRC, Decker, Jared Allen, Donald Butler and Jairus Byrd, depending on availability of course, with priority on keeping their own and finding a pass rusher.

Caldwell is not on Decker's heels and if Denver plans to invest even more in ST's I'd prefer they invest on a PR that can actually contribute in the case of injury (again, dreaming of Jeremy Maclin on a one-year prove it deal).

This team doesn't have many needs and it's not hard to predict where upgrades are needed this soon.

Ziggy
12-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Kuper isn't a free agent. The Broncos only re-worked the 2013 portion of his contract. He's either going to come back healthy and start, re-negotiate again, or be cut.
Keeping DRC is going to be expensive. There's no way we keep him and sign Talib as well.
I agree with you that Beadles, Decker, and Holliday will be gone.
Unrein is an average backup. If Vick doesn't make it back healthy we will need to upgrade. If he does, Unrein is fine as a 4th or 5th DT.

NightTerror218
12-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Decker will not be gone. I see champ gone before decker. Caldwell is not on Deckers heals. I would not put them in same category except they play same position. Decker may give broncos discout too to stay. Kuper will be gone or take huge pay cut. Would lime to see Peyton rework his contract like Elway did.

DRC may sign similiar contract because he likes the coaches and their approach.

Simple Jaded
12-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Harris, Miller, Franklin and Demaryius Thomas will be up in 2015.

NightTerror218
12-24-2013, 03:31 PM

Miller and thomas get huge contracts. Franklin will paid as well.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Then why haven't they been using him there? Says to me that Fox and Del Rio don't see him as a Mike. IMO Mike is one of the most instinctive positions in football between whistles. We need to find a guy that actually has those instincts. From what I've seen, that guy isn't currently on the roster.

My only guess is that it has to do with leadership. I don't know if they trust him making the calls. He has great football instincts and definitely has all of the physical tools to play that position.

nevcraw
12-24-2013, 03:53 PM
My only guess is that it has to do with leadership. I don't know if they trust him making the calls. He has great football instincts and definitely has all of the physical tools to play that position.

He's been making the calls with WW on the bench.. so what else you got?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-24-2013, 04:02 PM
He's been making the calls with WW on the bench.. so what else you got?

I got nothin. I thought he just made the calls in one game. It only makes sense to me to get your best playmakers on the field, and we know WW can make plays at the weakside.

Ziggy
12-24-2013, 05:17 PM

Along with Julius Thomas, Wes Welker, Knighton, Vickerson, Rahim Moore, and Manny Ramirez.

OrangeHoof
12-24-2013, 05:29 PM
It will be Year Three of the "We Have To Get A Ring For Peyton" Rebuild. Elway is going to load up on long-in-tooth veterans hoping to hitch a ride to the Super Bowl. We'll get some guys sign below scale thinking they'll make up for it with their Super Bowl check. That's how the Patriots did it.

Ziggy
12-24-2013, 05:56 PM
In FA I dream of some combination of Harris, DRC, Decker, Jared Allen, Donald Butler and Jairus Byrd, depending on availability of course, with priority on keeping their own and finding a pass rusher.

Caldwell is not on Decker's heels and if Denver plans to invest even more in ST's I'd prefer they invest on a PR that can actually contribute in the case of injury (again, dreaming of Jeremy Maclin on a one-year prove it deal).

This team doesn't have many needs and it's not hard to predict where upgrades are needed this soon.

If we're going to play Madden, throw in Orakpo, Melton, and Angerer.

dogfish
12-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Decker will not be gone. I see champ gone before decker.

i'm assuming they'll both be gone. . . and yes, probably beadles and ayers as well, and possibly woodyard. . .

Simple Jaded
12-24-2013, 11:54 PM
If we're going to play Madden, throw in Orakpo, Melton, and Angerer.

Angerer and Butler are redundant, how bout Orakpo, Melton, Talib and Matt Schaub or Jake Locker? That way we could trade Osweiler for three No1's and a 2, I'm thinking Jake Matthews and Clowney late in the 5th/6th round so a trade down will most likely be in order. :D

Captain Speardog
12-25-2013, 07:21 AM
I don't even know how you can say to get rid of Harris. Thats lunacy. He's been our most consistent defensive back, with the intelligence to switch inside on nickel packages. He hasn't given up a catch in two weeks. Wtf.

Yep, I stopped reading after I read that, shear stupidity if the Broncos let Harris go.

CrazyHorse
12-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Get rid of Decker? You don't take a cog out of the machine.