PDA

View Full Version : Pryor to start vs. Broncos on Sunday

VonDoom
12-23-2013, 04:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/23/terrelle-pryor-to-start-raiders-regular-season-finale/

Do we care? I think a more mobile QB is harder for us to deal with, but I doubt it changes our expected outcome very much.

Northman
12-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Money in the bank. McGroin is better than Pryor so im happy about this.

chazoe60
12-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Pryor had moment where he looked pretty promising.

CrazyHorse
12-23-2013, 05:13 PM
I want to to shut them out at home. Let's have a statement game for the defense. 44-0 and roll in to the playoffs hot.

sneakers
12-23-2013, 05:14 PM
lol raiders

tripp
12-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Pryor had moment where he looked pretty promising.

But like all running QBs, they all seem to be inferior to your pocket passer.

tripp
12-23-2013, 05:22 PM
I want to to shut them out at home. Let's have a statement game for the defense. 44-0 and roll in to the playoffs hot.

I would love a COMPLETE game where the defense plays solid, and the offense drives down the field on almost every drive. And then let that momentum take us through to the playoffs.

zbeg
12-23-2013, 05:35 PM
I would love a COMPLETE game where the defense plays solid, and the offense drives down the field on almost every drive. And then let that momentum take us through to the playoffs.

I don't care about momentum (since it doesn't actually matter and is an imaginary concept) as much as the win and NO MORE DAMN INJURIES.

If Denver wins 2-0 but nobody gets hurt, I'll take it.

Joel
12-23-2013, 05:44 PM
I don't care about momentum (since it doesn't actually matter and is an imaginary concept) as much as the win and NO MORE DAMN INJURIES.

If Denver wins 2-0 but nobody gets hurt, I'll take it.
I think I prefer this as a warm up against a running QB (can't really call him a dual threat until he poses more than ONE threat) for our revamped patchwork front seven that has a good chance of facing Smith a third time, or Luck (who's not just a scrambler, but willing and able to call is own number) and a potential eventual faceoff with Wilson.

But, mainly, the injury thing; I said going into Houston that what sucks about games like that is there's no upside: Anything less than a beatdown from a start prompts questions, and even WITH the beatdown key injuries can make it a very dark day. Well, here we are. I'm glad Manning got the record, and would like a Broncos record vs. Oakland, but at this point I just want to get to the bye without yet another season-f--king-ending injury to a key starter.

BroncoWave
12-23-2013, 07:14 PM
I don't think it particularly matters either way. We didn't have much of a problem with Pryor the first time we played. Bring it on!

TXBRONC
12-23-2013, 07:20 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/23/terrelle-pryor-to-start-raiders-regular-season-finale/

Do we care? I think a more mobile QB is harder for us to deal with, but I doubt it changes our expected outcome very much.

He did play well against Denver the last time.

Broncolingus
12-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Since its Christmas and all, I agree with finishing the regular season with a complete game and little drama...

...would also like to put the game away early and maybe get the starters out (if possible) a little early too...

...but, just win and stay healthy (although that has just seemed impossible all damn season :tsk:).

Go Broncos!!!