PDA

View Full Version : This just in Seattle.... very beatable

Bronco Bible
12-23-2013, 04:07 PM
I can't for the life of me , understand why people seem to think the seahawks are invinceable ,they made several bonehead plays yesterday proving that the only answer is NOT breaking them up:tsk:

Northman
12-23-2013, 04:18 PM
They are a solid squad, cant knock em for that. Even in games where they often dont play their best they often times find ways to win.

tripp
12-23-2013, 04:29 PM
I don't know about that. Seahawks are still getting to the QB and defense is still intercepting the ball. Seahawks should have won that game, their defense kept them right in it. Offense looked lack luster, Russ Wilson couldn't do much, they shut him down big time, it was like pulling teeth trying to pass for a 1st down.

CrazyHorse
12-23-2013, 04:36 PM
They are who we thought they were.

VonDoom
12-23-2013, 04:44 PM
I think "very" beatable is a stretch. But it re-affirms what I've been trying to say on this board every time the Broncos lose and we go into full meltdown mode - no one is unbeatable. My bold playoff prediction is that the Seahawks lose at home, most likely to Carolina.

CrazyHorse
12-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I think "very" beatable is a stretch. But it re-affirms what I've been trying to say on this board every time the Broncos lose and we go into full meltdown mode - no one is unbeatable. My bold playoff prediction is that the Seahawks lose at home, most likely to Carolina.

I'd love to play the Panthers in the Super Bowl. I think we match up well against them.

SR
12-23-2013, 04:51 PM
They are who we thought they were.

Lawl

SR
12-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Every team is "beatable". If you wanna talk "very beatable" look no farther than our beloved Denver Broncos.

CrazyHorse
12-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Every team is "beatable". If you wanna talk "very beatable" look no farther than our beloved Denver Broncos.

We always seem to beat ourselves. I'd say that was the case in all of our losses.

Ziggy
12-23-2013, 04:56 PM
I don't know about that. Seahawks are still getting to the QB and defense is still intercepting the ball. Seahawks should have won that game, their defense kept them right in it. Offense looked lack luster, Russ Wilson couldn't do much, they shut him down big time, it was like pulling teeth trying to pass for a 1st down.

Russell Wilson can't do much often. Sunday was the 3rd time this season that he failed to complete even 50% of his passes. This even with a dominant defense and running game. He is Seattle's main weakness. A lot of people have been riding his jock for a while, but it's the defense and running game that make that team a contender.

tripp
12-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Russell Wilson can't do much often. Sunday was the 3rd time this season that he failed to complete even 50% of his passes. This even with a dominant defense and running game. He is Seattle's main weakness. A lot of people have been riding his jock for a while, but it's the defense and running game that make that team a contender.

He needs to simplify his game. Shorter throws and less scrambling. He's too quick to leave the pocket. He'll learn though, I have more faith in Russ Wilson than RG3, and I felt that way even before this season. No way RG3 can take the hits he has taken for the past 2 years and expect to have a long fruitful career in the NFL. Your body is a temple!!

Joel
12-23-2013, 05:37 PM
We always seem to beat ourselves. I'd say that was the case in all of our losses.
It's just remotely possible the Seahawks played their last game like we've played MOST of ours. Bear in mind they lost by a TD to 10-5 team who'd probably be leading any division but theirs or ours; even if they loafed their way through that game, they still only lost by a TD against a playoff calibre team.

The way I heard it though, they're beatable if your D is good enough to hold Lynch to 71 yds and a 3.9 average while making Wilson run for his life and sacking him 4 times. We MIGHT still be capable of the former (though after losing Vickerson, Wolfe and now Miller our run D is looking much less fierce) but have we sacked ANYONE 4 times this year? I'm continually annoyed by the notion sacks are the end-all of D, or even just pass D, but SOME pass rush would be nice; I'm not big fan of seeing big receptions against excellent DBs because QBs can wait forever.

The only team that's won a shootout with Seattle this year was the Colts, and they only managed to win by 6 pts—even at home, and returning a blocked FG for a TD.

Simple Jaded
12-23-2013, 06:34 PM
So it's your contention that Wilson has yet to reach Franchise QB status? That does not jive with "the Broncos ****** up by not drafting Wilson" narrative.

Forget the fact that this narrative ignores the inconvenient flaw in logic that Wilson would still be considered a 5-10 backup QB had the Broncos drafted him, however, it's a bold statement to suggest that Wilson is not as good as almost everybody insists he already is.

I do like Wilson but also agree with you completely, and I still do not get the Wilson > Osweiler > Eli Manning logic that gets thrown around.

Simple Jaded
12-23-2013, 06:38 PM
He needs to simplify his game. Shorter throws and less scrambling. He's too quick to leave the pocket. He'll learn though, I have more faith in Russ Wilson than RG3, and I felt that way even before this season. No way RG3 can take the hits he has taken for the past 2 years and expect to have a long fruitful career in the NFL. Your body is a temple!!

I kinda think it's the opposite, they need a more complicated scheme in the sense that they have to gameplan for a QB that simply can't see over his OL. Sean Payton makes it look easy with Drew Brees but it's not.

Btw, this is probably the wrong forum.

Broncolingus
12-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Bear in mind they lost by a TD to 10-5 team

Well said, dude...and true.

Cardinals defense has been solid all year...

Joel
12-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Well said, dude...and true.

Cardinals defense has been solid all year...
It's a good argument for the Strength of Schedule tiebreak (though the Cardinals are a better one than Seattle.) I think I'm gonna start calling it Strength of Defeat though; as long as Strength of Victory comes first that's really all it is.

SR
12-23-2013, 07:44 PM

The problem with QB like Wilson is they hustle through their progressions so fast because in the back of their mind they know they can run. In a lot of cases, if the first read isn't there they bolt.

SR
12-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Well said, dude...and true. Cardinals defense has been solid all year...

The Cards defense even WITHOUT Honey Badger is very good. They have a lot of playmakers and two very, very good defensive linemen in Campbell and Dockett.

DenBronx
12-24-2013, 01:52 AM

We always seem to beat ourselves. You dont go up 24 points to the Pats and the lose.

Right now, I give us a 50/50 chance to go to the AFCCG.

Captain Speardog
12-25-2013, 07:27 AM
I can't for the life of me , understand why people seem to think the seahawks are invinceable they made several bonehead plays yesterday proving that the only answer is breaking them up:tsk:

I agree, their offense is very ordinary. Denver can score 28 on that defense but can Seattle score that many on Denver? I am not sure of that.

Broncolingus
12-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Denver can score 28 on that defense...

I might be concerned about Denver being able to put that many points up on the Seac0cks defense...

...esp in the cold, outdoors.

I guess we'll find out next year if we don't this year...

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
12-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Wilson scares me against this defense in its current state. Solid offense, solid defense... probably the team we match up worst against IMO.

Nomad
12-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Wilson is clutch......right, Slick.;) :D

tripp
12-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Every game I've watched of the Seahawks, the Defense is riding on a lot of cockyness and swagger, and haven't really been dominated. I have a hunch if you have someone like Manning picking apart parts of that defense, they would eventually become frustrated and would turn on each other. Richard Sherman has a big ego and mouth, and I can't help but feel he would slowly become agitated with his team mates once the TD's start to pile up. This defense hasn't really ever been blown out, I think they either step up to the plate in a shoot out against us, or they turn on each other because they're not accustomed to an Offense like ours. It also depends whether we actually show up too, and limit the turn overs.

Just my 2 cents.

artie_dale
12-30-2013, 12:35 PM
The last #1 seed to make it to the Super Bowl was the New Orleans Saints in 2005. So, the chances that BOTH Denver & Seattle will be there this post season are pretty darn slim according to the statistics. But, considering the strengths of both of these teams, it's hard to fathom, right now (before the games begin), that there is any team that can boot them. The NFC is way tougher this post season, so it'll be interesting. And yes, someone already said it, we have lost this year because we beat ourselves. The key to beating Seattle is minimal mistakes on offense (I'm betting they'll still put up points on our defense). But, if our defense can produce a mistake or two by them, I like our chances.

MOtorboat
12-30-2013, 08:02 PM
The last #1 seed to make it to the Super Bowl was the New Orleans Saints in 2005. So, the chances that BOTH Denver & Seattle will be there this post season are pretty darn slim according to the statistics. But, considering the strengths of both of these teams, it's hard to fathom, right now (before the games begin), that there is any team that can boot them. The NFC is way tougher this post season, so it'll be interesting. And yes, someone already said it, we have lost this year because we beat ourselves. The key to beating Seattle is minimal mistakes on offense (I'm betting they'll still put up points on our defense). But, if our defense can produce a mistake or two by them, I like our chances.

You mean last to win? The Patriots were the No. 1 seed two years ago.

BroncoNut
12-31-2013, 11:33 AM
they have a pretty scary secondary fwiw

Broncolingus
12-31-2013, 05:09 PM
...I should've also said that the Seac0cks DBs seem to get away with being a lot more...ummm, let's say 'physical' ...with opposing WRs than other teams DBs do...

...I wonder if State Farm is going to call it fair both ways in the post season with them?

Regardless, I would love to see Denver (or anyone at this point) just smack their little arrogant, cocky asses right in the mouth and hang 50+ on them to shut 'em up for a bit...

Joel
01-02-2014, 06:08 AM
...I should've also said that the Seac0cks DBs seem to get away with being a lot more...ummm, let's say 'physical' ...with opposing WRs than other teams DBs do...

...I wonder if State Farm is going to call it fair both ways in the post season with them?
You're absolutely right, so much so I've been wondering the same thing all year: Whether the refs let Seattles secondary—and theirs ALONE—pretend it's 1970 and PI and Illegal Contact penalties don't exist throughout the REGULAR season only to drop an unwelcome and long overdue surprise on them in the POSTseason. I just can't imagine the nouveau National Flag Arena Football League will let ANYONE win a Super Bowl the same way the Steelers and Raiders did 40 years ago.

Seriously, in an era when the NFL's handing out fines and suspensions left and right for even LOOKING at WRs before they catch the ball and start running, it defies belief to think a bunch of guys can win a Super Bowl with a DOZEN 'roids suspensions in just THREE years while proudly, nay, brazenly calling themselves "the Legion of Boom."

If they just call it evenly, well, Seattles WRs are unremarkable: Have DRC lockdown Tate and tell Duke and Tony Carter they're free to go "Fight Club" on the rest.

Regardless, I would love to see Denver (or anyone at this point) just smack their little arrogant, cocky asses right in the mouth and hang 50+ on them to shut 'em up for a bit...
The part of me that wonders how much the NFL's still for real can't help also wondering if the league's not just setting all of us up for someone to do just that to Seattle. The only thing they're missing is a folding chair to swing at Manning while the refs are arguing with one of our linemen about a false start. :tongue:

Aaron Lizakowski
01-02-2014, 06:44 AM
They can shut r big boys down.yeah fine.
R inside game wes, julius, n our rbs. Seattle doesn't match well w us

Joel
01-02-2014, 10:49 AM
They can shut r big boys down.yeah fine.
R inside game wes, julius, n our rbs. Seattle doesn't match well w us
They've got enough DBs to cover EVERYONE well if they aren't all on 'roids suspensions and the refs let 'em keep pretending they're boxers rather than football players. Take a look: http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/sea/formation/4-3-defense

Browner's on a year long suspension for yet another positive drug test that'll probably end his career (though supposedly only the last one was for 'roids, and this was, by process of elimination, recreational drugs) and Thurmond's only got 1 pick because he just finished a 'roids suspension of his own. The rest though?

Sherman's done serving 'roids suspensions and started griping at teammates for drawing them instead—meanwhile he's racked up 8 Ints and 38 solo tackles.
Maxwell's only lagging by comparison on the other side, with 4 Ints and 23 solo tackles of his own.
Thomas at FS has 5 Ints, 78 solo tackles and 2 forced fumbles
Chancellor at SS has "just" 3 Ints, 65 solo tackles and a forced fumble as well.

In other words, those four starters have as many interceptions as our entire TEAM; their LBs have 5 more.

Let's be real: It's hard to pass on half a dozen pro athletes allowed to play like Jack Tatum and Night Train Lane while getting their daily dose of Vitamin X. It's even harder for receivers (like ours) who have trouble getting separation DBs jam them hard and play very physically, and apparently the NFL feels as long as we have PFM breaking passing records we don't need any of the help the other 31 receiving corps get. We'll see if the refs let Seattle juice and punch their way to and through the SB like they did the regular season and the NFCs #1 seed.