PDA

View Full Version : Plan B

Ziggy
12-23-2013, 02:58 PM
There is no plan B! Broncos still win the super bowl. Mincey looked great yesterday along with Sly. It's time for Ayers to step up and show why he was a first round pick, ala Knowshon. Nasty Nate Irving will get his chance to shine with Von out. We should have Wolfe, Welker, and Champ back for the playoffs. With Pot Roast and Sly dominating the middle, Wolfe coming back, and Mincey thrown in occasionally on the right side, this D line is solid. Champ looked like the old Champ out there yesterday. With him healthy, DRC, and Harris we have the best trio of cover corners in the NFL. It's time for Del Rio to stop playing that soft zone defense that teams have been shredding all year long and go back to playing straight up man coverage. Something tells me Rahim makes his return in the playoffs as well. Back to calling the creative blitz packages that we used last season. You're about to see some folks step up. Elway has assembled a ton of depth on this team. It will show even more from here on out. Have no fear Bronco fans. The road may have gotten bumpier along the way, but the destination hasn't changed.

This defense doesn't have to be great. They just have to be good enough. The Broncos have the best offense in the history of the NFL. I have it on good authority that Fox is going to sit down with Gase and have him explain why he only ran Knowson 11 times in a game that he was averaging 7 yards/carry in. You're going to see a more balanced attack going forward to keep the D rested. This offensive line has been much improved pounding the ball over the 2nd half of the season. Knowshon and Ball have developed into a nice 1-2 punch. The Broncos have the 2013 season MVP and one of the greatest of all time standing behind center.

Special teams have been more like special ed. That will change. Expect Holliday to spend more time on the bench and less of the field. Turnovers are still the only thing that has stopped this team. Time for Decker to spend more time fielding kicks, and time for guys to start staying with their gap assignments. Like the defense, special teams don't have to be great. They only have to be good enough, and they will be.

The coaching staff is going to step it up. The players are going to step it up. The Broncos are going to win the super bowl. End of story.

Joel
12-23-2013, 03:21 PM
While often devastating in occasional, specific, situations, I HATE when my team blitzes a lot, because it means someone (or several someones) is wide open. Poor QBs might not see it, or be off target to their hot read, but very few guys like that reach Conference Championships or Super Bowls. Top Qs pickup and promptly shred blitzes.

We must get there with five most of the time; if we do, zones are better than playing man across the board because zones cover the same amount of field with more people. IF, however, we can't get there with a normal rush, we'll have to blitz, and then we'll have to play man VERY well, because if ANYONE loses his man there's no one there to help. I sincerely hope Champ's fully healthy now and gets back into game shape fast, because I fear we will be forced to blitz, and agree we have the best starting CB trio IF Champ's 100%.

There's a Plan B and Mincey's part of it; hopefully he's enough even without Miller, or we find the guy(s) who are. Nice homerism saying we don't need one though. :tongue:

Ziggy
12-23-2013, 04:48 PM
While often devastating in occasional, specific, situations, I HATE when my team blitzes a lot, because it means someone (or several someones) is wide open. Poor QBs might not see it, or be off target to their hot read, but very few guys like that reach Conference Championships or Super Bowls. Top Qs pickup and promptly shred blitzes.

We must get there with five most of the time; if we do, zones are better than playing man across the board because zones cover the same amount of field with more people. IF, however, we can't get there with a normal rush, we'll have to blitz, and then we'll have to play man VERY well, because if ANYONE loses his man there's no one there to help. I sincerely hope Champ's fully healthy now and gets back into game shape fast, because I fear we will be forced to blitz, and agree we have the best starting CB trio IF Champ's 100%.

There's a Plan B and Mincey's part of it; hopefully he's enough even without Miller, or we find the guy(s) who are. Nice homerism saying we don't need one though. :tongue:

You're certainly entitled to your opinion Joel. We disagree on the type of defense that will be most effective. By the way, if you bring 5 you're blitzing in a traditional 4-3 or 3-4 front. Mincey was signed before Von went down. He's still part of plan A.

CrazyHorse
12-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Plan B is wait until next year. It's not an option at this point.