PDA

View Full Version : Sly

Ziggy
12-23-2013, 03:19 AM
This kid is starting to tear it up out there. The switch has come on, and he's making an impact on the field. If you have any doubts, go back and watch the last 2 games. He's showing the explosion that Elway drafted him for. Losing Vickerson was a huge blow, but Sylvester Williams is doing his best to make up for the big fella's production and more. He may not be quite as stout as Vick in the run game, but he's more disruptive at the line of scrimmage and can put some serious pressure on a QB.

Today's game-
Tackles- 5
TFL- 3
Sacks-1
QB hits- 1

That's what you call a disruptive defensive tackle. Keep it up big fella.

sneakers
12-23-2013, 03:21 AM
Is it bad that I have no idea who this guy is?

Ziggy
12-23-2013, 03:29 AM

He's the only guy on the team with 2 sacks in the last 2 weeks, and our first round pick. Is it bad? Nah Sneakers, go back to sleep.

CrazyHorse
12-23-2013, 06:34 AM
We needed this with Vickerson's absence. Let's hope he can keep it up during the playoffs. We can get some guys like Miller, Wolfe, and Moore back and we'll finally have almost all our starters back.

GEM
12-23-2013, 07:26 AM
I posted a note on his facebook telling him he has been a different player these last 2 gamed and to keep it up. :)

atwater27
12-23-2013, 08:18 AM
NOthing disrupts a QB more than a penetrating interior pass rusher. Love it.

TXBRONC
12-23-2013, 08:33 AM

Williams was Denver's number one pick in last year's draft.

VonDoom
12-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Dude has looked great in recent weeks. Glad to see he's stepping it up when he has to. He went from a healthy scratch in multiple games earlier this year to an important part of our defense.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
12-23-2013, 12:02 PM
I don't recall watching a DT with that kind of spin move on his pass rush. His sack yesterday was awesome.

Broncolingus
12-23-2013, 12:43 PM

Amen...

...and with Von gone (I DONT like the friggin sound of that, btw!!!) for the rest of the season, that's absolutely going to be even more important.

I hope he can sustain that against the good OLs Denver's going to face in the playoffs...

jhildebrand
12-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Jeremy Mincey looked good as well.

TXBRONC
12-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Amen...

...and with Von gone (I DONT like the friggin sound of that, btw!!!) for the rest of the season, that's absolutely going to be even more important.

I hope he can sustain that against the good OLs Denver's going to face in the playoffs...

The Chargers offensive line isn't great but they been solid over the last several weeks and he played well against them too.

SR
12-23-2013, 05:02 PM

Absolutely. Collapse that pocket and make the QB scramble and force bad passes. That's what guys like Wilfork and Ngata have made careers of.

NightTerror218
12-23-2013, 05:17 PM
I look forward to seeing a QB step up in pocket and get squashed by sly

broncosinindy
12-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Glad to see the game slow down for him. Looking disruptive...