PDA

View Full Version : Updates On Von Miller?

OrangeHoof
12-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Left in first quarter of Texans game with apparent knee injury and did not return. Nothing I could find on Twitter, Hope it is nothing serious.

BroncoWave
12-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Apparently his knee wasn't wrapped and he wasn't on crutches or anything. That is good news.

Dapper Dan
12-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Apparently his knee wasn't wrapped and he wasn't on crutches or anything. That is good news.

Dapper Dan
12-22-2013, 06:08 PM
This:

My son is on the phone now - he is listening to the post game on KOA. and Alan Roach said good news - Von - no ice, no wrap, no crutches, walking around in the locker room.

Simple Jaded
12-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Apparently the Post is saying the Broncos fear his injury is "significant", he'll have tests tomorrow, probably an MRI.

I think the Broncos should just buy their own MRI machine, it'll pay itself off by end of season.

broncofaninfla
12-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Fingers crossed he's available for the playoffs.

BroncoJoe
12-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Fingers crossed he's available for the playoffs.

Three weeks is a long time. Didn't look like much more than a sprain.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Apparently the Post is saying the Broncos fear his injury is "significant", he'll have tests tomorrow, probably an MRI.

I think the Broncos should just buy their own MRI machine, it'll pay itself off by end of season.

I read the article and it sounds like the title might have just been an attention grabber.

Shazam!
12-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Bleacher Report posts with Klis' report Broncos fear ACL tear... gotta hope this isn't true ...

http://teamstre.am/JW3D6I

Von Miller Injury: Updates on Broncos Star's Knee and Return | Bleacher Report

via ble.ac/teamstream-

SR
12-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Bleacher Report posts with Klis' report Broncos fear ACL tear... gotta hope this isn't true ... http://teamstre.am/JW3D6I Von Miller Injury: Updates on Broncos Star's Knee and Return | Bleacher Report via ble.ac/teamstream-

If the Broncos feared an ACL tear he would have had a wrap with ice in the locker room to get swelling down for an MRI tomorrow.

Dapper Dan
12-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Can you tear your ACL and walk off the field?

SR
Can you tear your ACL and walk off the field?

Yes.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
You guys need to read the Post article before you freak out.

Dapper Dan
12-22-2013, 06:53 PM
You guys need to read the Post article before you freak out.

You're freakin me out, man!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2013, 06:54 PM
If the Broncos feared an ACL tear he would have had a wrap with ice in the locker room to get swelling down for an MRI tomorrow.

Exactly, I read the article and it sounded like the headline was mostly sensationalized.

Joel
12-22-2013, 07:09 PM
Y'know, if all ya'll want everyone to read the DP article so badly, one of ya'll could always link it. :tongue: Anyway, I googled, and it doesn't read that differently than the Legwold article posted at ESPN: The team's worried it's fairly serious, but can't be certain before the MRI. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10180506/denver-broncos-lb-von-miller-leaves-knee-injury Bear in mind that James Harrisons dirty hit on Decker in the playoffs two years ago "only" sprained his ACL, but that was still pretty serious, and it was doubtful we'd have him back for the rest of the playoffs even if we hadn't lost the following week.

Hopes and prayers Miller and all our guys are fully healthy with minimal pain soon, for their own sake as well as the teams.

G_Money
12-22-2013, 07:13 PM
If he blew his ACL out I'd be VERY surprised. It's always possible he injured it and it may not be properly healed for the first playoff game, but while you can walk off the field with an ACL tear there are certain noticeable traits of doing so that Von did not have. Light MCL sprain, maybe. PCL is possible. Blown ACL is very unlikely.

You may not find that comforting, but my advice: don't freak the eff out til the medical report is back. Right now, based on what I saw, it looks like a whole lot of hullabaloo over a minor thing.

~G

SR
12-22-2013, 07:16 PM
If he blew his ACL out I'd be VERY surprised. It's always possible he injured it and it may not be properly healed for the first playoff game, but while you can walk off the field with an ACL tear there are certain noticeable traits of doing so that Von did not have. Light MCL sprain, maybe. PCL is possible. Blown ACL is very unlikely. You may not find that comforting, but my advice: don't freak the eff out til the medical report is back. Right now, based on what I saw, it looks like a whole lot of hullabaloo over a minor thing. ~G

Especially considering there was no wrap or ice or brace or crutch in the locker room after the game. That means there wasn't any significant swelling which tends to signal no significant injury.

Dapper Dan
12-22-2013, 07:17 PM
If he blew his ACL out I'd be VERY surprised. It's always possible he injured it and it may not be properly healed for the first playoff game, but while you can walk off the field with an ACL tear there are certain noticeable traits of doing so that Von did not have. Light MCL sprain, maybe. PCL is possible. Blown ACL is very unlikely.

You may not find that comforting, but my advice: don't freak the eff out til the medical report is back. Right now, based on what I saw, it looks like a whole lot of hullabaloo over a minor thing.

~G

Without hullabaloo, what would we talk about?

Joel
12-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Without hullabaloo, what would we talk about?
Caneck, caneck?

OrangeHoof
12-22-2013, 07:36 PM
The ACL is the "main" knee ligament. If that goes entirely, you probably can't put weight on it. If its an MCL, you can usually walk fine but you can't change directions on it. If there's damage, it could be a "sprain" (aka "partial tear") which could then depend on the severity and the possibility it could be injured further (see RG3 last year). Since Von is a speed rusher, it would be a problem for any type of injury but I hope the reports are correct and he is walking around with no pain and no wrap.

Broncolingus
12-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Well, he's going to have about this long to get feeling better...

http://bike29.com/ride29er/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/TOTAL-RECALL-Two-Weeks-600x279.jpg

BroncoWave
12-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Good news from Vic:

Von Miller doubtful to play in Oakland. Initial diagnosis is a knee sprain. They'll throw that knee in the MRI tube tomorrow to make certain

Just got some information from someone close to Von Miller. Doesn't think it's an ACL. Find out for sure tomorrow.

DenBronx
12-22-2013, 09:17 PM
That sounds alot better!

pulse
12-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Good news from Vic:

If it turns out to be a sprain, hopefully three weeks will be enough time for it to heal.

Simple Jaded
12-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Y'know, if all ya'll want everyone to read the DP article so badly, one of ya'll could always link it. :tongue: Anyway, I googled, and it doesn't read that differently than the Legwold article posted at ESPN: The team's worried it's fairly serious, but can't be certain before the MRI. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10180506/denver-broncos-lb-von-miller-leaves-knee-injury Bear in mind that James Harrisons dirty hit on Decker in the playoffs two years ago "only" sprained his ACL, but that was still pretty serious, and it was doubtful we'd have him back for the rest of the playoffs even if we hadn't lost the following week.

Hopes and prayers Miller and all our guys are fully healthy with minimal pain soon, for their own sake as well as the teams.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24777516/von-miller-knee-injury-leads-fear-acl-tear

elwayisgod
12-22-2013, 09:33 PM
I personally think our defense was better without him. Hes done. Its ACL. I have torn ACL and it no problem to walk. Phillips was best offseason move it turns out.

Simple Jaded
12-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Teams are almost always better without their best players, duh!

Broncolingus
12-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Teams are almost always better without their best players, duh!

Nice...:D

elwayisgod
12-22-2013, 09:42 PM
He needs a 3-4 defense in my opinion. He hasnt been outstanding this year after he came back. Hes terrible against the run. Too heavy also. We find out now if Nate Irving and Ayres are worth a crapnor not. Amazing all crap that has happened against Broncos though.

Simple Jaded
12-22-2013, 09:44 PM
He needs a 3-4 defense in my opinion. He hasnt been outstanding this year after he came back. Hes terrible against the run. Too heavy also. We find out now if Nate Irving and Ayres are worth a crapnor not. Amazing all crap that has happened against Broncos though.

He is not terrible against the run. Too heavy, hell yes, but he is a complete defender.

Dapper Dan
12-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Wow. I can't believe I just read that.

NightTerror218
12-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Good news from Vic:

Music to my ears. Hope this is true.

Slick
12-22-2013, 10:24 PM

He wasn't in a 3-4 defense last year and he was an absolute stud. Terrible against the run? El oh el.

ShaneFalco
12-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Lol

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2013, 10:30 PM
That guy is a patriots troll. Don't take the bait.

SR
12-22-2013, 10:39 PM
I personally think our defense was better without him. Hes done. Its ACL. I have torn ACL and it no problem to walk. Phillips was best offseason move it turns out.

You're special

SR
12-22-2013, 10:40 PM

You're REALLY special

DenBronx
12-22-2013, 11:08 PM

You must have Von Miller mixed up with someone else. We are talking about Von Freakin Miller here...and not some scrub. And no...he doesn't need a 3-4...he does fine in a 4-3. You must not of paid attention last year.

Timmy!
12-23-2013, 03:10 AM
I personally think our defense was better without him. Hes done. Its ACL. I have torn ACL and it no problem to walk.

Congrats. You have been nominated for dumbest shit posted in 2013. Take a bow.

Dzone
12-23-2013, 10:08 AM
They are saying the turf at Houston is terrible and has caused a lot of injuries

GEM
12-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Good news from Vic:

Von needs to tell his people to stop talking to Vic. Vic is the one who broke the Von suspension story as well. :lol:

GEM
12-23-2013, 10:17 AM

Now that's just silly talk!! He might not be getting to the QB as in sacks as often as we were used to last season, but he's a disruptive sob. He's consistently pressuring and is getting better against the run. Not quite sure what world you're living in or what games you're watching if you think the defense is better without him. And yes, Phillips was an awesome offseason move, someone needed to replace Doom when he left.

chazoe60
12-23-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry but saying Von Miller is terrible against the run is one of the most ill-informed things I've ever heard. Von is one of the best players in the league against the run. Watch how many times teams try to run his way. He is to the run what Champ was to the pass in his hey-day, he virtually takes half the field away.

Holy shit!

Dzone
12-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Whats taking so long to get this MRI? Im sure they have an MRI machine. You would think they would want to know asap. Fans want to know NOW dammit, we have to go to work.lol

chazoe60
12-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Please shit on your TV, set it on fire, throw it in a lake, and never watch football again.

Joel
12-23-2013, 10:31 AM
His rookie year I'd agree, but the run has become one of Millers greatest strengths. He's looked good everytime I've watched him play it, and the game commentators compliment him on it weekly; against the Titans won of them noted he wasn't doing much as a blitzer but STUFFED every run that came his way (and some that didn't.)

We already found out about Nate Irving: He's a(n usually) passable backup 4-3 Mike/Sam and decent STer, but not the starter teams want with a 3rd round pick. Ayers is best suited to 4-3 LDE, solid against the run but only a fair blitzer; Phillips is a better 4-3 RDE or 3-4 OLB and Ayers, much as I like him, should NEVER sub for Miller.

Miller would be a lot better in a 3-4 because he's a natural 3-4 OLB, but his elite talent is still quite effective in a 4-3; if his coverage and strategic vision were better I'd still like him as our Mike.

Anyway, here's hoping and praying it is just a sprain; we should be able to spare him against the Fade (touch wood) and then he'll have the bye. Still want those MRI results though....

Dzone
12-23-2013, 10:52 AM
sources close to Von are saying it is probably not an acl...But how long will he be out? He may be our for a month or more.

Cugel
12-23-2013, 11:17 AM
sources close to Von are saying it is probably not an acl...But how long will he be out? He may be our for a month or more.

Vic Lombardi on 104.3 The Fan was reporting this morning that sources close to Von indicated it's not an ACL as previously feared. But, you're right. It could be he's limited for the rest of the season.

Still, if it's an MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament) or something similar, it's a 3 week injury; so he'll play against the Colts or Chiefs in the first playoff game wearing a brace.

As for all the fans ripping Von, I don't know what games you've been watching, but while he hasn't been the consistent pass-rush demon he was last year, he has made some plays. Strip sack/fumble, picked up a fumble and scored a TD. I doubt Tom Brady would agree with their assessment of Von's ability, cause he terrorized the Patriots, and that's who we'll be facing in the AFC Championship Game.

He didn't do that much in the playoffs last year, either. But, over the course of the season he and Dumervil were a tandem. Without Doom on the other end the Broncos pass rush (#1 in the NFL last season) just has not been the same. And yes, Shaun Phillips has had some moments, but overall, not remotely the same.

Pot Roast had a great game this week. He's playing with real intensity. I thought that poor RB he met in the backfield was going to get crushed like a bug on a wind-shield. He looked rather woozy going to the sideline. That's a lot of beef to fall on you! :laugh:

Joel
12-23-2013, 11:17 AM
If it's not an ACL and/or really bad sprain I doubt he misses a whole month. Maybe in a brace for the divisional round, but he's got nearly three weeks to heal before then no matter what.

Cugel
12-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Von needs to tell his people to stop talking to Vic. Vic is the one who broke the Von suspension story as well. :lol:

Who cares as long as it's accurate! "Just tell them to spell my name right." -- Mark Twain.

Hardwired
12-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Mike Klis says it's a torn ACL.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis (https://twitter.com/MikeKlis)1m (https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/415171944946741248)
Von Miller has a torn ACL according to NFL source. Done for season. Details coming at http://denverpost.com/broncos (http://t.co/3H93t9hBcg)

Broncolingus
12-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Please shit on your TV, set it on fire, throw it in a lake, and never watch football again.

LMAO, dude...:lol:

Mike Klis says it's a torn ACL.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis (https://twitter.com/MikeKlis)1m (https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/415171944946741248)
Von Miller has a torn ACL according to NFL source. Done for season. Details coming at http://denverpost.com/broncos (http://t.co/3H93t9hBcg)

Well, that's doesn't appear to be "...not as bad as we thought..." :tsk:

Chit!

OrangeHoof
12-23-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm disappointed but what really bugs me is how players on my teams seem to get a minor injury and walk off the field and later it's revealed they are done for the season or will need to miss months. Meanwhile, guys on teams I hate seem to occasionally get the snot beat out of them and then they are back the next week seemingly no worse for wear (yes, I'm looking at you, Ben Roethlisberger). It's just not fair.