PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Broncos are just edgy enough to relocate their swagger

Denver Native (Carol)
12-19-2013, 03:46 PM
The Broncos have won 11 games, but have lost their swagger.

Strange as it sounds, that might ultimately prove to be a good thing.

"It's time to take care of business," Denver linebacker Von Miller said Wednesday.

There's something in the air at Dove Valley headquarters. It's not anger. It's not panic. But there's an edginess that results from the AFC's No. 1 team thinking it has much to prove.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_24753865/kiszla-broncos-are-just-edgy-enough-relocate-their

Joel
12-20-2013, 04:46 AM
The Broncos might not win the Super Bowl, and their defense could fail them, but it won't be for lack of caring.
How I hope that's true. Yet all season they've looked like they're still THIS team:

After being upset by Baltimore in the playoffs last season, Denver coaches suggested young players riding high on an 11-game winning streak failed to grasp how hard it was to survive the Super Bowl tournament. Front-office executive John Elway declared an intention to infuse the franchise with a healthy discomfort. Well, after slumbering through a defeat at the desperate hands of San Diego, the Broncos again have embraced a healthy sense of dissatisfaction.

Kiszla's right they looked tired against SD, more so than just a short week explains. They had a right to be though; the SD-KC stretch was always the most brutal part of the schedule, and we knew going into it that hosting Tennessee and SD would be just as tough and just as critical unless we won ALL FOUR after the bye. We won three, and the two most important ones, but didn't win all four, so we had to face Tennessee and SD looking over our shoulder; maybe we just ran out of gas.

If that's all it was, and we do have our focus and intensity set, yeah, we should be able to bounce back against two of the NFLs worst teams, even on the road, and enter the playoffs with confidence, discipline AND homefield advantage. Like I say, I hope so, because it's the only way we'll reach the SB, let alone beat a team like Seattle (or one good enough to win in their house.)

Agucua
12-21-2013, 05:48 AM
IMO, the Broncos are set up for a strong finish going into the playoffs. They have had a chance to lick their wounds, rest, and after losing to the Chargers, they have everything to play for the final two games. You have to believe that they are supremely focused and can't wait to get out there and right the ship wreaking havoc on the Texans. I am so ready for this game I can't stand it! Go Broncos!!!!