PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor's Death

Retired_Member_001
11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Sean Taylor was one of the most exciting players to watch in the NFL. He just came like a bolt, out of no where, to pick of a pass or smash a running back in the face.

Many view Sean Taylor as a bad person. However, these are the kind of people who go by whatever the headlines say. These aren’t people who actually knew the man. Talk to anyone in the Washington Redskins organization and they will tell you that this was a changing man. After his daughters birth many Redskins players noticed a difference in Taylor, who had previously found himself in legal trouble.

Offensive Tackle Chris Samuels said this to Sean Taylor "I said, Man, I'm proud of you, man. You're doing a great job," said Samuels. "And he was like, 'Thanks, man. I'm just focused on my job and staying out of trouble and doing all the right things.' "

Pro Bowl safety Sean Taylor died this morning after he was shot in his home by an apparent intruder, leaving the Washington Redskins in mourning for a teammate who seemed to have reordered his life since becoming a father.

The 24-year-old player died at Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he had been airlifted after the shooting early Monday, family friend Richard Sharpstein said.

Clinton Portis said "When I came here in '05, he had just had his things going on, but from '05 until now I've been able to see him (make) leaps and bounds of growth,"

"The man changed his life. The man changed his mentality and his attitude." Added Portis

"It's hard to expect a man to grow up overnight," Portis said. "But ever since he had his child, it was like a new Sean, and everybody around here knew it. He was always smiling, always happy, always talking about his child.”

Sean Taylor and his family heard a loud noise at night. He tried to defend his family from the intruders with a machete, his family hid under the bed covers.

Sean Taylor’s heart stopped twice throughout surgery. He showed facial expression and then squeezed a family members hand eight minutes before death. The doctors thought this was progress.

"Maybe he was trying to say goodbye or something," Taylor’s former lawyer said.

Taylor’s house was robbed earlier in the week and a machete was left on the bed. Sean Taylor spoke to Joe Gibbs about the incident.

There has been two too many murders in the NFL this year. Two young men, two future stars of the NFL and most importantly, two young fathers have been killed. No one will forget either of these athletes who had their lives taken away from them prematurely. Some may say "They are just football players", but these weren't just two football players, these were two good men, one of them was one of our men and the other meant the world to other fans as well. Athletes are just too easy targets, is what London Fletcher said in short this morning, he couldn't be more spot on.

RIP 27# RIP 21#

Retired_Member_001
11-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Sorry, I would have liked to have done a better job of this article but I didn't have time to. I am unsure as to whether I would have had time to put something better together later on in the week so I did it now.

I just wouldn't have felt right not writing anything for him.