PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday HealthONE Injury Report - Broncos/Texans

Denver Native (Carol)
12-18-2013, 05:22 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Wednesday-HealthONE-Injury-Report/b1caf2e7-1c67-43d4-8d34-bf2631143fb4

Ziggy
12-18-2013, 07:50 PM
I REALLY hope Joe Mays plays. :D

Joel
12-19-2013, 12:34 AM
I REALLY hope Joe Mays plays. :D
Believe it or not, he's been one of Houstons few bright spots this year. Apparently he's a lot better in a 3-4 than in a 4-3. Maybe because he doesn't have to cover as much; he can just be a human missile (since that's all he's ever been.)

Worried Welker and Wolfe are still out; the Texans aren't the Bolts, but are better than their record even with the key injuries and FA losses. Good to see Champ's a full participant again, especially with Websters hand in a cast and probably on the sideline (bright side: Schaub can't target him there.) It'll be interesting to see whether Tony Carter's active or if we just stick with Champ, Jammer and (I guess) Bolden. Hopefully we can keep fight off their rush, abuse their secondary and get some good running to put up a big enough lead Schaub can't win.

silkamilkamonico
12-19-2013, 05:03 AM
Welker is done for the regular season, and very well could be the playoffs. 2 concussions in 3 game span bad news in this day and age

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Welker is done for the regular season, and very well could be the playoffs. 2 concussions in 3 game span bad news in this day and age

Yes it is bad. The NFL's return to play procedure is pretty slack, if you ask me. Hockey players usually take a lot longer to return to the ice than it takes in the NFL. Now that an independant nuerologist is involved I believe he'll be done for the season. He will have to be able to pass cognitive skill tests, so even if he tells the neurologist he's fine and doesn't have any headaches he won't be able to manipulate it quite so easily like he would if he was dealing with team doctors.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-19-2013, 11:01 AM
On another note, it looks like Champ might play his week. He was a full participant yesterday.

LuisPastrana4
12-19-2013, 11:50 PM

Yes it is bad. The NFL's return to play procedure is pretty slack, if you ask me. Hockey players usually take a lot longer to return to the ice than it takes in the NFL. Now that an independant nuerologist is involved I believe he'll be done for the season. He will have to be able to pass cognitive skill tests, so even if he tells the neurologist he's fine and doesn't have any headaches he won't be able to manipulate it quite so easily like he would if he was dealing with team doctors.
I hope we shut Wes down till the playoffs begin. Hopefully we have him at full strength then.

Army Bronco
12-20-2013, 12:07 AM
I REALLY hope Joe Mays plays. :DHa!! Me too!

VonDoom
12-20-2013, 09:41 AM
I hope we shut Wes down till the playoffs begin. Hopefully we have him at full strength then.

An ESPN alert on my phone said that Welker is "likely sitting out the final two games of the regular season." Didn't mention the playoffs.

Bronco9798
12-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Mine says, "welker expected to miss final 2 games of season." As he probably should. We need him in the playoffs.