PDA

View Full Version : Don't Blame The Playing Conditions, You Just Suck

Retired_Member_001
11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Don’t Blame The Playing Conditions, You Just Suck

Oh dear.

No this isn’t talking about the playing conditions down at Heinz field. This is about one of the teams playing.

It’s quite possible the Miami Dolphins are going to do something much more extraordinary than their division rivals, the New England Patriots. It’s quite possible that the Miami Dolphins are going to go 0-16. Minus the Dolphins next game against the New York Jets, it doesn’t look like there is a game the Dolphins have a slight chance of winning. Even the game against the Jets game is a long shot because the Jets weakness is the rush defense and the Dolphins just can’t run the football with their 3 running backs injured.

The Dolphins have lost six of their eleven games by a mere 3 points. Some may view this positive, they could possibly be 6-5 after all. This is definitely negative for the Dolphins though, it shows their offense just can’t get it done when they need to. In fact the Dolphins offense has never not needed to do anything because they've always been behind.

The Dolphins have a bad offensive line, no good wide receivers, a drug dealer at running back (who is now injured) and a rookie quarterback. It’s quite clear the Dolphins need a major do-over on offense.

This no win depression isn’t going to lift any time soon for the Dolphins. They have already gotten rid of one of the two players that make the Dolphins worth watching on offense, Chris Chambers, which is a sign that they concede defeat. However this isn’t the craziest transaction move the Dolphins have made of recent times. Drafting Ted Ginn Jr with the 9th overall pick is possibly the stupidest move the Miami Dolphins organization has ever made. Ted Ginn Jr has bust written all over him, if it wasn’t for his extreme speed and return ability, Ginn would have been taken in the second round. Ginn has no receiving ability. Right now the Dolphins could have Brady Quinn leading their offense, instead they have Ginn’s fellow bust mate John Beck. They could have drafted Brady Quinn in the first and then have drafted a receiver in the second, who knows, maybe Ted Ginn would have still been there.

More problems for the Dolphins, don’t expect guys like Ronnie Brown and Jason Taylor to stay when you can’t even win a game all season. Those two players are pro-bowl quality, both players haven’t won a Super Bowl yet and both players could be on a Super Bowl winning teams. Unlike money lover Porter, those guys want to win. The Dolphins will lose these guys, unless the Dolphins have a mega off-season and show some promise, which is very unlikely to happen.

After drafting Ted Ginn Jr over Brady Quinn, who knows what they are going to do with the #1 draft pick they receive. Don’t be surprised if they draft a long snapper, who then botches a snap, which could have won them a game, on the last game of the 2008 season which then hands the Dolphins another 0-16 record.

Just another thing to add Mr. Beck, your team is pathetic, don’t make excuses. The Steelers played on the same surface as you did, it was fair.

eessydo
11-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Don’t Blame The Playing Conditions, You Just Suck
They could have drafted Brady Quinn in the first and then have drafted a receiver in the second, who knows, maybe Ted Ginn would have still been there.

Not sure who wrote this, but come on now. Busts? I don't know about that...................not enough proof yet to pull that one out of the bag.

Beck has played two games as a ROOKIE. Not exactly enough data there to say he is completely inept. For QB's David Carr is a bust, Ryan Leaf was a bust, this kid has played two games.

Ginn, he has played a few more games but I would not call him a bust. He could legitimately be called a REACH for the Dolphins in the first, but we have to remember Trent Green and Cleo Lemon were his QB's and now he is working with a Greenhorn in Beck. Not exactly a trifecta of Hall of Fame QB's feeding him the ball, not to mention it usually takes 3 years for a receiver to adjust to the NFL game.

I think this is a little ridiculous the way this article is written. They are horrible, they probably won't win a game, but this is a little extreme.

Retired_Member_001
11-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Not sure who wrote this, but come on now. Busts? I don't know about that...................not enough proof yet to pull that one out of the bag.

Beck has played two games as a ROOKIE. Not exactly enough data there to say he is completely inept. For QB's David Carr is a bust, Ryan Leaf was a bust, this kid has played two games.

Ginn, he has played a few more games but I would not call him a bust. He could legitimately be called a REACH for the Dolphins in the first, but we have to remember Trent Green and Cleo Lemon were his QB's and now he is working with a Greenhorn in Beck. Not exactly a trifecta of Hall of Fame QB's feeding him the ball, not to mention it usually takes 3 years for a receiver to adjust to the NFL game.

I think this is a little ridiculous the way this article is written. They are horrible, they probably won't win a game, but this is a little extreme.

Last time I checked articles were supposed to contain opinions. That's my opinion.

I also tend to over exaggerate things to make things more readable. Sometimes this style makes the writing look better, sometimes it makes me look crazy. There ya' go.

Mike
11-27-2007, 01:55 PM
What does that say about Pittsburgh? They were only able to generate 3 points under the same conditions on the same turf...against an 0-10 team?

Retired_Member_001
11-27-2007, 02:00 PM
What does that say about Pittsburgh? They were only able to generate 3 points under the same conditions on the same turf...against an 0-10 team?

:laugh:

Good point.

However it could end up just being an "off" game for the Steelers. I'm pretty sure the Patriots will have an "off" game as well. The Steelers have been solid all season (mostly) and, I don't know about you, but I think the Steelers could make it to the AFC Championship game.

Medford Bronco
11-27-2007, 03:46 PM
:laugh:

Good point.

However it could end up just being an "off" game for the Steelers. I'm pretty sure the Patriots will have an "off" game as well. The Steelers have been solid all season (mostly) and, I don't know about you, but I think the Steelers could make it to the AFC Championship game.

NE had their off game and still scored 31