PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't Matter

elwayisgod
12-15-2013, 08:13 PM
Seriously people. Unless our defensive injuries heal in next 3 weeks AND there is some miraculous coaching...... It doeesn't matter!!!! We need to beat Texans and Faiders too. Sorry, no confidence in our defense right now. Even of we win out, is this team buikt for playoff success! Tell me ho please!

Joker56
12-15-2013, 08:19 PM
This damn team has had injuries up the WAZZOOO
We still playing mostly very good football...
We will see what happens when we get to play in the playoffs..

WTE
12-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Tell me ho please!

Ho!

tripp
12-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Would like Champ to be 100% and cover opposing teams #2 receiver. Kayvon's surgery may be a blessing in disguise.

elwayisgod
12-15-2013, 08:34 PM
On phone...sorry... Its "how" not "ho" :). Agree. Maybe Camp can be 90% in playoffs. I feel better then. I'm just wary of our defense. Screw it, play Woodyard, Champ and Wolfe. All In baby!!!!!

tomjonesrocks
12-15-2013, 08:34 PM
I think it matters because though any playoff team is dangerous, the only game I thought the Broncos would truly have no shot was against the Pats in Foxboro.

I don't really have any evidence Denver wouldn't get out-clutched and out-coached by the Pats on ANY field, but I do think they might have something like a 50-50 shot at home with Gronk out. Maybe.

Obviously there's plenty to be concerned about injury-wise and defensively. But this was one hell of a Christmas gift the Pats gave.

Dapper Dan
12-15-2013, 08:52 PM
That name is blasphemy!!!

The "E" in Elway is always capitalized.

Simple Jaded
12-15-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm watching the vaunted Bengals defense doing a really good impression of the Broncos Defense.

tomjonesrocks
12-15-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm watching the vaunted Bengals defense doing a really good impression of the Broncos Defense.

Their special teams has done a nice Broncos impression as well. All they need is more blocking in the back penalties.

Joel
12-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Look, I've been as skeptical as anyone (and more than most) of our chances this year, but this account was dormant for A YEAR AND A HALF until used to declare all was lost after the NE game, and then wasn't used again until now. It's one thing to be skeptical or critical, but showing up ONLY after losses, to complain about them, is kinda lame.

Simple Jaded
12-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Look, I've been as skeptical as anyone (and more than most) of our chances this year, but this account was dormant for A YEAR AND A HALF until used to declare all was lost after the NE game, and then wasn't used again until now. It's one thing to be skeptical or critical, but showing up ONLY after losses, to complain about them, is kinda lame.

Dude came around to vent after the Broncos reclaimed the top seed in AFC, sounds familiar.

Btw, I'm willing to bet that you checked elwayisgod's posting history and found an even better reason to dislike him.

Joel
12-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Dude came around to vent after the Broncos reclaimed the top seed in AFC, sounds familiar.

Btw, I'm willing to bet that you checked elwayisgod's posting history and found an even better reason to dislike him.
? I've been here all season, and the only thing I checked on his post history was the dates, but if you've got a speculation to make, feel free to elaborate and elucidate.

wayninja
12-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Seriously people. Unless our defensive injuries heal in next 3 weeks AND there is some miraculous coaching...... It doeesn't matter!!!! We need to beat Texans and Faiders too. Sorry, no confidence in our defense right now. Even of we win out, is this team buikt for playoff success! Tell me ho please!

Ho, please!

Even if we told you, would you believe it? Something tells me you've already made up your mind.

Have fun gloating if we lose and disappearing if we win.

Simple Jaded
12-16-2013, 01:45 AM
? I've been here all season, and the only thing I checked on his post history was the dates, but if you've got a speculation to make, feel free to elaborate and elucidate.

What diff does it make if you were here all season? Y'all are doing the same thing, finding something to bitch about on a day when things worked out to the Broncos benefit.

Joel
12-16-2013, 03:02 AM
What diff does it make if you were here all season? Y'all are doing the same thing, finding something to bitch about on a day when things worked out to the Broncos benefit.
It makes a diffrence because I don't pop in to say, "I told you so," after the rare losses and vanish during the far more frequent wins: I'm here win or lose, whether the latest game supports or undermines my overall view. The Titans and Chiefs games were very encouraging, and I said as much, though it didn't matter since everyone just acted like I was completely critical anyway. The only criticism I recall is that the running game wasn't efficient against KC, but I stand by that; we kept plugging away for nice totals, but rarely got much at a time.

Hawgdriver
12-16-2013, 04:38 AM
Does matter.

Broncolingus
12-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Hopefully something will kick-in here after 14 games so far (and going into the post season) and the defense will find some toughness...

...anything can happen in the post season.

BigDaddyBronco
12-16-2013, 12:00 PM

Wait are you saying a team can have a bad game against a middle of the pack team?

BroncoWave
12-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Wait are you saying a team can have a bad game against a middle of the pack team?

Yeah, I guess based on this week we can just cross the Broncos, Pats, Bengals and Saints completely off the SB contender list.

wayninja
12-16-2013, 12:03 PM
This thread doesn't matter.

BroncoWave
12-16-2013, 12:04 PM
This thread doesn't matter.

One day the sun will go supernova and engulf the solar system, so really none of this matters.

wayninja
12-16-2013, 12:55 PM
One day the sun will go supernova and engulf the solar system, so really none of this matters.

Wrong. The sun isn't massive enough for a supernova. Nice try.

Joel
12-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Wrong. The sun isn't massive enough for a supernova. Nice try.
True, but once it goes red giant it won't matter much to us either way.

wayninja
12-17-2013, 10:02 AM
True, but once it goes red giant it won't matter much to us either way.

Are you planning on being there for that then?

BroncoNut
12-17-2013, 10:26 AM
I didn't foresee this magnitude of injuries, but I remember expressing some concern for the integrity of this defense early in the season. it's clear (to me) that if the offense sputters we can't win games, let alone beat playoff participants. W can win a superbowl with this scenario, but at this time, I would concentrate efforts on both sides of the ball, but I think what should really be tweaked is special teams.

PatriotsGuy
12-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I guess based on this week we can just cross the Pats off the SB contender list.

Agreed

WTE
12-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Agreed

They're not going anywhere w/ that offensive line and secondary.

BroncoNut
12-17-2013, 12:50 PM
They're not going anywhere w/ that offensive line and secondary.

who, the pats?

CoachChaz
12-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Has any team really stood out as a true #1 favorite? Seattle would be the typical answer, but I've seen them play as bad as any other team. Fortunately for them, it happens against Tampa, Houston, Tennessee and their division. This is pretty much up for grabs for about 6 teams. Just comes down to who is the luckiest at the right time

WTE
12-17-2013, 12:58 PM
who, the pats?

Yes, Denver's O-Line seems very stout. They're giving Peyton plenty of protection.

BroncoNut
12-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Yes, Denver's O-Line seems very stout. They're giving Peyton plenty of protection.

I'm not sure if you are being serious or just fooling around. it was a serious question, sometimes you are vague, maybe that's your schtick

CoachChaz
12-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Last in the league in sacks allowed...I'll assume he was serious

WTE
12-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Last in the league in sacks allowed...I'll assume he was serious

I didn't even realize that but I seldom see Peyton getting knocked down. I think the Chargers knocked him down last game. I don't think it was a sack but it seemed like it rattled Peyton a bit.

CoachChaz
12-17-2013, 01:28 PM
He took at least one sack on a first half play when the right side of the line took a nap. I think he gets rattled as well. He's an older guy and doesnt take a hit like he use to at times.

wayninja
12-17-2013, 01:32 PM
He took at least one sack on a first half play when the right side of the line took a nap. I think he gets rattled as well. He's an older guy and doesnt take a hit like he use to at times.

He's old, but he isn't Calvin Johnson old or anything.

Hawgdriver
12-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Pro Football Focus gave the Denver O line a ranking of 2/32 after the first half of the season. Not bad considering the injuries. I remember when the Man Ram center experiment was cause for feelings of certain doom. Then came the Clark experiment.

Football Outsiders has them at 10th in run and 1st in pass pro.

If Manning held the ball longer I bet those numbers would look worse. What I'm saying is that Manning could probably make a row of blocking dummies look serviceable. Still, the line is doing better than many of us would have expected if we knew we'd lose our starting center and left tackle on the year.

Broncolingus
12-18-2013, 03:35 PM
-

Going WAAAAAAYYYYYY old-school for this one...:D

http://youtu.be/e9mf3Bypyk8

GEM
12-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Love Bill Murray!!

BroncoNut
12-18-2013, 03:42 PM
I do like Bill Murray. funny man.

Hawgdriver
12-18-2013, 05:05 PM
I do like Bill Murray. funny man.

You ever see Razor's Edge?

BroncoNut
12-18-2013, 05:15 PM
You ever see Razor's Edge?

I did. I'm not sure how it compares to the original (movie), but it was well done in comparison to the book, I thought. I like murray in a lot of his characters. , Stripes, Lost in Translation, Groundhog day. He's got that typical whatever deadpan comport

Mike
12-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Bill Murray is a national treasure.

http://youtu.be/v6YjKg4uGHk

Dapper Dan
12-18-2013, 08:19 PM
In the past few years, Bill Murray has become famous again...for being Bill Murray. And I think it's partially because of Zombieland.

tripp
12-18-2013, 09:44 PM
My favorite...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X48G7Y0VWW4