PDA

View Full Version : This is a flawed team.

CrazyHorse
12-13-2013, 09:11 PM
It's pretty obvious this team is flawed. That doesn't mean that they can't win a championship. In fact the Manning brother's have a history of overcoming flaws. The Giants won the Super Bowl with the worst running offense in the league. The Colts did it with the worst running defense. If teams with severe flaws can get to the Super Bowl and win it then this team can too.

Ziggy
12-13-2013, 09:32 PM
It's pretty obvious this team is flawed. That doesn't mean that they can't win a championship. In fact the Manning brother's have a history of overcoming flaws. The Giants won the Super Bowl with the worst running offense in the league. The Colts did it with the worst running defense. If teams with severe flaws can get to the Super Bowl and win it then this team can too.

I like your new attitude CrazyHorse. Well done sir.

WTE
12-13-2013, 09:43 PM
I would agree the Broncos are severely flawed.

Let's continue this discussion.

wayninja
12-13-2013, 09:44 PM
I have it on good authority that in fact, no, you are wrong.

There is EVIDENCE, I'm told. There is a PATTERN of BEHAVIOR that PROVES what CAN NEVER BE.

You simply can't dispute kismet.

MOtorboat
12-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Every team is flawed.

BroncoWave
12-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Every team is flawed.

Yep. This ain't baseball where you can buy a perfect team. The Seahawks are probably the hardest team to find a glaring flaw in, but every team definitely has them.

WTE
12-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Every team is flawed.

But I said severely flawed.

Northman
12-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Yes, this team is flawed. Thank you Capt Obvious.

MOtorboat
12-13-2013, 10:26 PM

You're severely flawed, yes.

WTE
12-13-2013, 10:43 PM
You're severely flawed, yes.

Mo, tell us about your new part time job.

SR
12-13-2013, 10:53 PM

Sweet receiving corps NE

WTE
12-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Sweet receiving corps NE

I am now going nighty night. I hope you have a great night's sleep SR.

I love you.

MOtorboat
12-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Mo, tell us about your new part time job.

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Joel
12-14-2013, 03:38 AM
I have it on good authority that in fact, no, you are wrong.

There is EVIDENCE, I'm told. There is a PATTERN of BEHAVIOR that PROVES what CAN NEVER BE.

You simply can't dispute kismet.
There's a PATTERN of BEHAVIOR that's a pattern of behavior. I don't think 53 people who've been doing the same thing weekly for 11 months or more will magically and suddenly change in another months time. I don't think the start of the playoffs will instantly change them; it didn't last year, and they're still doing the same the same crap. If nothing's changed, nothing's changed.

CrazyHorse
12-14-2013, 05:06 AM

I never said the Broncos were severely flawed. Just the Giants and Colts teams. I don't think we rank last in any important statistical category.

Yes, this team is flawed. Thank you Capt Obvious.

Yes, I know. The point is, despite this, they can still win the Super Bowl. There's a precedent for it.

Joel
12-14-2013, 05:25 AM
I never said the Broncos were severely flawed. Just the Giants and Colts teams. I don't think we rank last in any important statistical category.
Not dead last, but we're third from last in total yards allowed and second from last in both total passing yards allowed and yds/att. Also tied with Dallas for next to last in passing TDs allowed.

More troubling is that the SD alone was enough to drop us from 5th to 16th in rushing yards allowed. Now, that's with one more game than everyone else, so we should go back up after Sunday, but our yds/att went from 7th to 10th, and that's independent of how many games we've played. The latter number's been falling ever since we lost Vickerson, and losing Wolfe didn't help; I'm hopefull we'll see Wolfe back soon, but no help's coming for Vickerson: Either Williams or someone else steps up, or our Ds only strength is gone just in time for the playoffs.

Yes, I know. The point is, despite this, they can still win the Super Bowl. There's a precedent for it.
Just because it happened once or twice doesn't mean we should bank on anomalies, especially since no one can reach the SB without an unbroken string of superior performance.

Broncolingus
12-14-2013, 03:23 PM

A$$hole...

...but that was funny.

honz
12-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Your mom is flawed.

Dzone
12-14-2013, 08:19 PM
The san diego loss will help Bronco fans deal with an early exit from the playoffs. Hope thats not the case, but if Thursday night was an indication, this team is no shoe in for the sb

wayninja
12-15-2013, 06:10 PM
There's a PATTERN of BEHAVIOR that's a pattern of behavior. I don't think 53 people who've been doing the same thing weekly for 11 months or more will magically and suddenly change in another months time. I don't think the start of the playoffs will instantly change them; it didn't last year, and they're still doing the same the same crap. If nothing's changed, nothing's changed.

It's a damn good thing that what you think has no bearing on reality, then.

If winning most of the time is this pattern you speak of, seems like a good thing to me.

wayninja
12-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Not dead last, but we're third from last in total yards allowed and second from last in both total passing yards allowed and yds/att. Also tied with Dallas for next to last in passing TDs allowed.

More troubling is that the SD alone was enough to drop us from 5th to 16th in rushing yards allowed. Now, that's with one more game than everyone else, so we should go back up after Sunday, but our yds/att went from 7th to 10th, and that's independent of how many games we've played. The latter number's been falling ever since we lost Vickerson, and losing Wolfe didn't help; I'm hopefull we'll see Wolfe back soon, but no help's coming for Vickerson: Either Williams or someone else steps up, or our Ds only strength is gone just in time for the playoffs.

Just because it happened once or twice doesn't mean we should bank on anomalies, especially since no one can reach the SB without an unbroken string of superior performance.

What is it with you Joel? Do you need affirmation this badly? Why are you so stuck on trying to find every shred of evidence you can as to why this team can't do things?

Joel
12-15-2013, 11:45 PM
What is it with you Joel? Do you need affirmation this badly? Why are you so stuck on trying to find every shred of evidence you can as to why this team can't do things?
It's not hard to find, just to ignore. But okay, if people want to believe the Broncos will magically, suddenly and inexplicably start playing whole games—consecutively—and stop making boneheaded screwups, that's their perogie. I'm unsure what evidence has been found that 53 guys will be any different next month than they were the last 11 or more, but anything's possible.

Poet
12-16-2013, 12:13 AM
It's not hard to find, just to ignore. But okay, if people want to believe the Broncos will magically, suddenly and inexplicably start playing whole games—consecutively—and stop making boneheaded screwups, that's their perogie. I'm unsure what evidence has been found that 53 guys will be any different next month than they were the last 11 or more, but anything's possible.

Well, to be fair, it does happen in the playoffs almost every year to some team. The Giants somehow did it. The SB winning Colts actually got their defense to show up. The Ravens offense went from mediocre/bad to deadly in the playoffs last year.

Joel
12-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Well, to be fair, it does happen in the playoffs almost every year to some team. The Giants somehow did it. The SB winning Colts actually got their defense to show up. The Ravens offense went from mediocre/bad to deadly in the playoffs last year.
There's always hope, until there's not; that's part of why I'm still here. I'd express my condolences for tonight, btw, but it's hard to know how to feel when one AFC Central team beats another. Ya'll really need to find a way to tie more often. :tongue:

Poet
12-16-2013, 12:59 AM
There's always hope, until there's not; that's part of why I'm still here. I'd express my condolences for tonight, btw, but it's hard to know how to feel when one AFC Central team beats another. Ya'll really need to find a way to tie more often. :tongue:

The playoffs come down to matchups. There are some teams that essentially lose to you when your offense steps on the field. There are some teams that would auto lose to that same thing, but their pass rush might make up for it. Sometimes teams are just very evenly matched, and it just comes down to a play or two. We can safely assume that the Broncos are better than Colts in their current state, the Bengals, the Ravens, and just about everyone else than maybe the Patriots. But, let's be honest, there isn't going to be 7 turnovers total in the game the next time you play. Gronk is also gone, and that's kind of their offense. Smart money says Denver will be okay.

Simple Jaded
12-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Megan Fox is flawed, y'all seen her thumbs? I'd still hit it.

Joel
12-16-2013, 01:29 AM
The playoffs come down to matchups. There are some teams that essentially lose to you when your offense steps on the field. There are some teams that would auto lose to that same thing, but their pass rush might make up for it. Sometimes teams are just very evenly matched, and it just comes down to a play or two. We can safely assume that the Broncos are better than Colts in their current state, the Bengals, the Ravens, and just about everyone else than maybe the Patriots. But, let's be honest, there isn't going to be 7 turnovers total in the game the next time you play. Gronk is also gone, and that's kind of their offense. Smart money says Denver will be okay.
For what it's worth, I'm more worried about ya'll and KC (not necessarily in that order) now that Gronk and Wayne are gone. Even when each of them had their best receiver, at home, with us shooting ourselves in the foot all night, the Colts only beat us by 6 and the Pats needed a fourth turnover at the end of OT to win by a FG. Ya'll actualy HAVE a D, even with the injuries, and the Law Firm's much scarier after giving up 177 rushing yards to the team with the 10th worst rushing average. Same with Charles, who we contained well in our first two meetings.

Maybe Thursday was just a bad night, but our sole defensive strength isn't nearly as strong without Big Vick and Wolfe. A Divisonal round against KC is my biggest concern now; KC had lots of drops in our two games, but Smith only missed 3 passes tonight, and if Charles does half as well as the Bolts did: Game over. Even PFM and Pro Bowl receivers can't score TDs EVERY drive, and we saw what happens if a team runs well enough to limit our possessions and/or pin us deep. They'll have Houston, too, and if they get the penetration SD did in both games, it could be bad.

The second season's just that; records only matter for seeding and every team plays till its first lost, but not a moment longer. Bad teams find ways to lose as assuredly as good ones find ways to win though, and we're adept at digging ourselves into deep holes our offense can get us out of against a 3-11 Washington or Jax; the playoffs won't be so kind. Ya'll got bad bounces tonight, but will be the postseason one way or the other regardless, but if we end up facing badly broken Colts and Pats teams that'll suit me fine.

I'll put on my prognosticator cap:

Wilcard Weekend
KC beats Indy (again,) Cincy/NE beats Designated Whipping Boy

Divisional Round
Denver beats KC, Cincy beats NE

AFCCG
Denver beats Cincy

I wish I felt as confident about our games as the other ones though (and if ya'll do better at home against Baltimore than NE does on the road, the #2 seed is still quite attainable.)

capt. Jack
12-16-2013, 05:59 AM
Yeah but, If we can win 5 in a row, WE GOT IT MADE!

Joel
12-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Yeah but, If we can win 5 in a row, WE GOT IT MADE!
There's a price break at an even half dozen, just FYI. ;)