PDA

View Full Version : All I want for Christmas is a Patriots loss.

tripp
12-13-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't hold the Patriots in the same regard as I did a week ago before Gronkowski got injured, but as long as you have Brady, you are a contender.

I absolutely hate the idea of going into Foxboro, REGARDLESS, how we played last night in our own house. I think we all know our defense needs to improve, and the discouraging part is, they've allowed those kind of numbers all year long, it's only alarming now because our offense hasn't been able to bail them out. Was last nights game an eye opener in regard to how badly we need Welker on those 3rd downs?

I do have a tingly feeling Miami could pull the upset against the Patriots, can't help but feel like this is one of the games Miami had circled on their schedule. The Patriots also play the Ravens Dec. 22nd, which also could be a nice little match up considering the Ravens are fighting for a Wild Card spot. It finally caught up to the Broncos, but will it finally catch up to the Patriots, these late come back winners?

Just a side note, that Pats - Browns game was complete B.s. the fix was in the minute they recovered that onside kick.

Buff
12-13-2013, 11:52 AM
As bad as our collapse was a few weeks ago - Cleveland's was even worse last week. I still can't believe they found a way to lose that game.

WTE
12-13-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this Miami game. The Fins defense has been playing better lately and I think Tannehill and Wallace are going to kill our injured secondary.

BigDaddyBronco
12-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Miami and Baltimore are both fighting for the playoffs so they can test them. You never know with Buffalo, they play the Patriots hard most of the time. I bet the Pats lose one more.

tripp
12-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Miami and Baltimore are both fighting for the playoffs so they can test them. You never know with Buffalo, they play the Patriots hard most of the time. I bet the Pats lose one more.

Buffalo is always good for a Patriots upset here and there. Living in Toronto I always watch Bills v Patriots games, they can surprise a few people. I don't think the next 3 games are a "gimme" by any means for the Patriots. I *kind of* like our chances, but at the end of the day, we allowed the Patriots to get 1st seed so we only have ourselves to blame. But a little help would be appreciated. :D

tripp
12-13-2013, 12:01 PM
I don't have a good feeling about this Miami game. The Fins defense has been playing better lately and I think Tannehill and Wallace are going to kill our injured secondary.

I think your biggest loss of the season was Wilfork.. and then Mayo. Also, I hate to say it, but I've always been a Brady fan at heart.. just not the Patriots.

BigDaddyBronco
12-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Buffalo is always good for a Patriots upset here and there. Living in Toronto I always watch Bills v Patriots games, they can surprise a few people. I don't think the next 3 games are a "gimme" by any means for the Patriots. I *kind of* like our chances, but at the end of the day, we allowed the Patriots to get 1st seed so we only have ourselves to blame. But a little help would be appreciated. :D

It's just all a part of the revenge tour. Like 97.

We'll play the Ravens and beat them or last year, then go to Foxboro and beat the Pats for years of BS, and then go to the SB and beat either Seattle or San Fran (we owe them paybacks for the 80's and 90's).

tripp
12-13-2013, 12:05 PM
It's just all a part of the revenge tour. Like 97.

We'll play the Ravens and beat them or last year, then go to Foxboro and beat the Pats for years of BS, and then go to the SB and beat either Seattle or San Fran (we owe them paybacks for the 80's and 90's).

Haha ideally that would be perfect. And then there would be absolutely no question that Peyton can play in the cold, etc etc.

Here's a little food for thought. This time last year, we beat the Ravens, in Baltimore, 34 - 17. I bet their fans were saying "Omg we can't beat a winning team, no way we're going to win the Superbowl."

Just a little optimism.

WTE
12-13-2013, 12:06 PM
I think your biggest loss of the season was Wilfork.. and then Mayo. Also, I hate to say it, but I've always been a Brady fan at heart.. just not the Patriots.

I don't know about that. Wilfork wasn't playing well when he went down and other teams were running it up the gut w/ ease.

IMO, the biggest loss is the one nobody is talking about - Sebastian Vollemeur. NE's pass protection has sucked since he went down. Brady has been sacked the most since 2001. Cleveland sacked him 4 times last week and knocked him down several times more.

NE's offensive line is a big concern.

Northman
12-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Dunno, i think the Pats will win out. Just a feeling.

BigDaddyBronco
12-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Dunno, i think the Pats will win out. Just a feeling.

And then lose by 3 in the SB..

Northman
12-13-2013, 12:13 PM
And then lose by 3 in the SB..

Well, if that happens than at least they got there. I could live with Denver losing the SB but it would just be nice to be back in it after so long.

tripp
12-13-2013, 12:14 PM
I don't know about that. Wilfork wasn't playing well when he went down and other teams were running it up the gut w/ ease.

IMO, the biggest loss is the one nobody is talking about - Sebastian Vollemeur. NE's pass protection has sucked since he went down. Brady has been sacked the most since 2001. Cleveland sacked him 4 times last week and knocked him down several times more.

NE's offensive line is a big concern.

Just looked at the Patriots injury report against the Dolphins. Solder - Concussion (Limited), Dobson - Foot (DnP), the rest are probably smoke screen, as Kenbrell Thompkins, Brady, Talib, etc are sitting out to rest up for this Sunday.

That would be a blow if Dobson is injured. I don't know what you guys would do if Edelmen ever got injured :/

BigDaddyBronco
12-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Well, if that happens than at least they got there. I could live with Denver losing the SB but it would just be nice to be back in it after so long.
As long as they didn't get blown out. It took back to back SB's to get me over the 80's.

Northman
12-13-2013, 12:17 PM
As long as they didn't get blown out. It took back to back SB's to get me over the 80's.

You got that right.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-13-2013, 12:46 PM

I am kind of expecting them to lose one of the games they have on the road, especially after essentially losing at home to the Browns while Gronk played most of the game. Both Miami and Baltimore will be desperate.

Ziggy
12-13-2013, 06:30 PM
I want the Pats to win out. This team is going to be jacked going into the super bowl after beating the Pats in New England.

Northman
12-13-2013, 07:02 PM
I want the Pats to win out. This team is going to be jacked going into the super bowl after beating the Pats in New England.

I want the Broncos to go on the road too.

Poet
12-13-2013, 08:56 PM
I would find this to be most beneficial.

CrazyHorse
12-13-2013, 09:15 PM
I think the Ravens have the best chance. Miami could pull it off too.

ShaneFalco
12-13-2013, 09:32 PM
**** the patriots.

Joel
12-14-2013, 05:03 AM
Just looked at the Patriots injury report against the Dolphins. Solder - Concussion (Limited), Dobson - Foot (DnP), the rest are probably smoke screen, as Kenbrell Thompkins, Brady, Talib, etc are sitting out to rest up for this Sunday.

That would be a blow if Dobson is injured. I don't know what you guys would do if Edelmen ever got injured :/
I notice Vollmer (even spell his name right.) If Solder is out they're in big trouble, but you can't go by injury report, because league protocol dictates when/how much concussed players practice. The Pats are definitely a much weaker team without their only elite receiver, but I'm convinced Mannings postseason freezing rows are at least as much about hostitle crowds making is multi-audibles difficult; I don't want to go to Foxborough again this year (where Manning's winless in January.) Much better for Brady to face his 0fer postseason record @Mile High and @Manning.

Be honest, wouldn't it be AWESOME if Champ came off the bench just in time for another 99 yd playoff game-winning Int of Brady?

The Ravens and Dolphins have a good shot against a team that only beat Cleveland and Houston by a combined 4 pts even when they HAD Gronk, but the bottom line is a team that's talking about how they need this or that OTHER team to do this or that against another team FOR THEM, that's a team with serious doubts about its playoff chances. Gotta beat the best to be the best, and I remember the last time I cheered because someone did that FOR us: 2005, Champ picked Brady and Pitt upset Indy to give us the AFCCG at home.

Turns out PLAYING the team that beat the best isn't exactly a gimme.

CrazyHorse
12-14-2013, 06:00 AM
I notice Vollmer (even spell his name right.) If Solder is out they're in big trouble, but you can't go by injury report, because league protocol dictates when/how much concussed players practice. The Pats are definitely a much weaker team without their only elite receiver, but I'm convinced Mannings postseason freezing rows are at least as much about hostitle crowds making is multi-audibles difficult; I don't want to go to Foxborough again this year (where Manning's winless in January.) Much better for Brady to face his 0fer postseason record @Mile High and @Manning.

Be honest, wouldn't it be AWESOME if Champ came off the bench just in time for another 99 yd playoff game-winning Int of Brady?

The Ravens and Dolphins have a good shot against a team that only beat Cleveland and Houston by a combined 4 pts even when they HAD Gronk, but the bottom line is a team that's talking about how they need this or that OTHER team to do this or that against another team FOR THEM, that's a team with serious doubts about its playoff chances. Gotta beat the best to be the best, and I remember the last time I cheered because someone did that FOR us: 2005, Champ picked Brady and Pitt upset Indy to give us the AFCCG at home.

Turns out PLAYING the team that beat the best isn't exactly a gimme.

I'd love to see Bailey pick off Brady again. I'm not so sure we will see him the rest of the year. Our secondary really misses him. It doesn't help if he can't play well enough to be effective though. It's too bad since I'd really like for him to get a ring this year. He said he thought the pain in his foot might never go away. If that's the case he may have to finally hang up the cleats on a hall of fame career. I'm hoping if he can't return this year though, maybe he could undergo a procedure for the lisfranc injury that could alleviate the pain. That way if we don't win the Super Bowl he can come back and have another shot at it. I honestly think Manning could probably play another 2 or 3 more years two if he wants to. He doesn't take a lot of hits and is playing arguably his greatest football of his storied career. Elway played until he was 38 and is the most sacked QB ever. Favre played until he was 40 as did Testaverde. The problem is when a quarterback loses it, it happens pretty fast.

tomjonesrocks
12-14-2013, 06:17 AM
It really sucked seeing "Patriots Control Their Own Destiny" all day on ESPN today.

I am not holding my breath on them faltering.

Joel
12-14-2013, 07:49 AM
I'd love to see Bailey pick off Brady again. I'm not so sure we will see him the rest of the year. Our secondary really misses him. It doesn't help if he can't play well enough to be effective though. It's too bad since I'd really like for him to get a ring this year. He said he thought the pain in his foot might never go away. If that's the case he may have to finally hang up the cleats on a hall of fame career. I'm hoping if he can't return this year though, maybe he could undergo a procedure for the lisfranc injury that could alleviate the pain. That way if we don't win the Super Bowl he can come back and have another shot at it. I honestly think Manning could probably play another 2 or 3 more years two if he wants to. He doesn't take a lot of hits and is playing arguably his greatest football of his storied career. Elway played until he was 38 and is the most sacked QB ever. Favre played until he was 40 as did Testaverde. The problem is when a quarterback loses it, it happens pretty fast.
I honestly don't know; that line about thinking the pain might never go away scared me, too, and that was before his attempted return for the Jags, let alone going out again, being on a pitch count for the KC rematch, then sitting out the last two. I fear he might've been fully healthy if he could've rested till the bye but now it just won't happen this year, that we rushed him back too soon when Mr. Bowlen begged him to play after the Cowboys put 48 on us. Fox echoed that this week, and Champ went from full practice partipant the first two days to limited Wednesday.

It does all make one wonder if we'll see him on the field again this year or ever. He's gotta be out of shape after missing most of the season with an injury that made running difficult to impossible, and his comments about having his snaps monitored against KC reflect that. I just don't know, but at this point I have more faith in Jammers experience than Websters talent if Champ can't play at all. We'd be a lot better off starting a healthy Champ and DRC with Harris in the slot and Jammer/Webster at dime, but that may not be an option.

Joel
12-14-2013, 07:51 AM
It really sucked seeing "Patriots Control Their Own Destiny" all day on ESPN today.

I am not holding my breath on them faltering.
The best teams almost invariably control their own destiny rather than waiting for lesser ones to win their championships for them, hence the latest of many defensive and STs collapses combined with poor blocking is so ominous. No one's going to sit back and hand us a SB win; we'll either earn it or miss it, just like last year, '96-'98 and EVERY year.

CrazyHorse
12-14-2013, 09:03 AM
I honestly don't know; that line about thinking the pain might never go away scared me, too, and that was before his attempted return for the Jags, let alone going out again, being on a pitch count for the KC rematch, then sitting out the last two. I fear he might've been fully healthy if he could've rested till the bye but now it just won't happen this year, that we rushed him back too soon when Mr. Bowlen begged him to play after the Cowboys put 48 on us. Fox echoed that this week, and Champ went from full practice partipant the first two days to limited Wednesday.

It does all make one wonder if we'll see him on the field again this year or ever. He's gotta be out of shape after missing most of the season with an injury that made running difficult to impossible, and his comments about having his snaps monitored against KC reflect that. I just don't know, but at this point I have more faith in Jammers experience than Websters talent if Champ can't play at all. We'd be a lot better off starting a healthy Champ and DRC with Harris in the slot and Jammer/Webster at dime, but that may not be an option.

Let's hope we get DRC locked up long term. Otherwise that would leave us with a starting trio of Harris, Webster, and Carter/Jammer.

tripp
12-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Like WTE said, their biggest loss is their O-line. I really do think they will lose a game, if not.. I think the story stays the same, Broncos - Patriots AFC Championship.

Nothing will matter if our defense doesn't take shape and help the offense out. I didn't think I'd picture myself saying this, this year, but man do we need Champ back. DRC can't do it alone. What else is it? Is it our Line backers? I'm not going to sit here and pretend I can tell how a defense is performing badly outside of letting the opposition score TD's. But what is it? Are we playing too much Nickel? Our D-line isn't pressuring the QB? Are these things not fixable by Del Rio, or is it lack of talent?

Is this not the same defense that was ranked what.. top 5 back in 2011, when we relied on the defense heavily to win games? Who has left? Goodamn, D.J. Williams, Joe Mays, Haggan, Wilhite, Dumervil, Dawkins, Bunkley, McBean, etc.

I mean, Shaun Philips has filled in Dumervil's shoes nicely, the rest I didn't think were enough to make a defense go top 5 to one of the worst. Or is it play calling? Just so confused.

turftoad
12-14-2013, 11:42 AM
I think the Ravens have the best chance. Miami could pull it off too.

They could lose both of those games. I hope!

PatriotsGuy
12-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Bite your tongue turf!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-14-2013, 01:08 PM
I would find this to be most beneficial.

I'll bet you do. I'm really surprised at how well the Bengals are playing after losing Atkins.

Joel
12-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Let's hope we get DRC locked up long term. Otherwise that would leave us with a starting trio of Harris, Webster, and Carter/Jammer.
I would say that's a given, but the way we're running things now maybe it's not.

Broncolingus
12-14-2013, 03:20 PM
All I want for Christmas is a Patriots loss.

Amen...

...and as much as I hate to say, with Bilicheat and Tommy Girl, I give that team a better than not chance to win every friggin game they play.

Timmy!
12-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Pats will lose a game, and will be the 3 seed. 2nd round matchups: Pats@Cincy, KC@Denver. Book it.

NightTrainLayne
12-14-2013, 05:04 PM
I can't believe that you all are hoping to "back in" to the #1 seed with a New England loss.

Poet
12-14-2013, 05:06 PM
I can't believe that you all are hoping to "back in" to the #1 seed with a New England loss.

Isn't this just another form of rooting for a rival team to lose, though?

NightTrainLayne
12-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Isn't this just another form of rooting for a rival team to lose, though?

I was being facetious. A few years ago some posters here complained when we "backed in" to a playoff spot...winning our division no less, because other teams that controlled their own destiny over us lost.

Poet
12-14-2013, 05:19 PM
I was being facetious. A few years ago some posters here complained when we "backed in" to a playoff spot...winning our division no less, because other teams that controlled their own destiny over us lost.

No. You were not. You are a bad person. You are a bad man. I bet you don't even like puppies or kittens.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-14-2013, 05:21 PM
No. You were not. You are a bad person. You are a bad man. I bet you don't even like puppies or kittens.

He likes to kick them.

NightTrainLayne
12-14-2013, 05:22 PM
He likes to kick them.

Kittens fly better when kicked.

Poet
12-14-2013, 05:22 PM
He likes to kick them.

NTL is not the insurance man that I fell in love with! Not anymore!

WTE
12-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Guys and Gals,

GEM jinxed you 1st game of the season with her Patriots Trolls Sit Down Until Further Notice thread.

Ever since then all New England does is pull off miraculous comebacks that piss you all off.

Thanks GEM! :laugh:

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
12-15-2013, 03:59 PM
You got your wish. Finally they lose one of these close games. Whew!

ShaneFalco
12-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Guys and Gals,

GEM jinxed you 1st game of the season with her Patriots Trolls Sit Down Until Further Notice thread.

Ever since then all New England does is pull off miraculous comebacks that piss you all off.

or throw a pick!

tripp
12-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Thank you 6 ounce sweet little baby jesus.

tripp
12-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Guys and Gals,

Not today :D

Broncolingus
12-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Thank you fishies!!!!

Shazam!
12-15-2013, 04:06 PM
My man is a big Dolphins fan just got off the fone with him unreal. cant believe they helped us.

OrangeHoof
12-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Wish granted. Thank you, Dolphins. I didn't want to have to root for the Ratbirds next week (although I probably still will).

BroncoJoe
12-15-2013, 04:09 PM
My man is a big Dolphins fan just got off the fone with him unreal. cant believe they helped us.

Wait - you're a chick?

tomjonesrocks
12-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Seriously, what a Christmas gift...

Zweems56
12-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Wait - you're a chick?

Fone. Ghetto chick at that.

Joel
12-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Wait - you're a chick?
That doesn't necessarily follow; could be a Log Cabin resident. ;)

WTE
12-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Not really sure what all the joy is about.

You guys haven't won jack shit.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
12-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Looks like Christmas came early this year

chazoe60
12-15-2013, 08:58 PM

Neither have you guys. Besides, I imagine Pats boards were all abuzz Thursday night.

pulse
12-15-2013, 09:02 PM

We've won one more game than you have. :)

WTE
12-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Neither have you guys. Besides, I imagine Pats boards were all abuzz Thursday night.

I didn't check them out but I doubt they had 5+ threads desperately hoping for a Broncos loss like you guys posted for a NE loss.

Pretty pathetic of you guys if you ask me.

ShaneFalco
12-15-2013, 09:23 PM
I didn't check them out but I doubt they had 5+ threads desperately hoping for a Broncos loss like you guys posted for a NE loss.

:grillin:

Army Bronco
12-15-2013, 09:24 PM

Pretty pathetic of you guys if you ask me.I think most of us really don't like the Pats brother and the Pats losing puts us in a more advantageous position. Plus cmon, how many NE fans have been on this board giving us grief...lol

tripp
12-15-2013, 09:24 PM

Well, I don't like our chances in Foxboro, if we happen to get to the AFC Championship, so.. I'm pretty excited because now we have a better chance, imo, to win.

Patriots are a very good team, and the fact that we make a big deal of the Patriots losing, should be taken as nothing else but flattering.

WTE
12-15-2013, 09:27 PM
I think most of us really don't like the Pats brother and the Pats losing puts us in a more advantageous position. Plus cmon, how many NE fans have been on this board giving us grief...lol

I accept your apology!

12-15-2013, 09:27 PM

U mad troll?

pulse
12-15-2013, 09:31 PM

When New England comes to Denver...

WTE
12-15-2013, 09:35 PM
U mad troll?

Oh hello ForgettingBrandonMarshall. My, that's a gay user name you chose.

PatriotsGuy
12-15-2013, 10:05 PM
I think most of us really don't like the Pats brother and the Pats losing puts us in a more advantageous position. Plus cmon, how many NE fans have been on this board giving us grief...lol

Well there's me, and you know I troll all the Bronco threads, or whatever ridiculous assertion you made.

12-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Oh hello ForgettingBrandonMarshall. My, that's a gay user name you chose.

Oh hello, I'll concede that it's certainly not as punny as yours.

Nor as gay as your QB!!!

WTE
12-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Oh hello, I'll concede that it's certainly not as punny as yours.

Nor as gay as your QB!!!

Oh ha ha! That's funny! You are a funny man ForgettingBran...blah...don...blah, blah....marsh...blah, blah..

Oh wait, what's your long winded user name again? I'm forgetting!

12-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Oh ha ha! That's funny! You are a funny man ForgettingBran...blah...don...blah, blah....marsh...blah, blah..

Oh wait, what's your long winded user name again? I'm forgetting!

Based on this post and your chosen username, you can call me FBM to get over your short memory span.

You can use FBM as a mnemonic device to help you remember me. Think of "Fleet Ballistic Missile." During the playoffs, the Broncos will symbolically represent an FBM as they blow out their opponents on the way to the Super Bowl.

I hope this helps.

WTE
12-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Based on this post and your chosen username, you can call me FBM to get over your short memory span.

You can use FBM as a mnemonic device to help you remember me. Think of "Fleet Ballistic Missile." During the playoffs, the Broncos will symbolically represent an FBM as they blow out their opponents on the way to the Super Bowl.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Buddy! But FBM doesn't roll off then lips to smooth.

I think I will just call you BM for short!

How's things going, BM?

12-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks Buddy! But FBM doesn't roll off then lips to smooth.

I think I will just call you BM for short!

How's things going, BM?

Things are going well. My favorite team is the best in the AFC. The offense is already statistically one of the best in the history of the game. Oh, and my team never had to cheat to win a Super Bowl.

How are things with you?

WTE
12-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Things are going well. My favorite team is the best in the AFC. The offense is already statistically one of the best in the history of the game. Oh, and my team never had to cheat to win a Super Bowl.

How are things with you?

Do you have the plays NE cheated on?

I can't wait for your evidence!

12-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Do you have the plays NE cheated on?

I can't wait for your evidence!

Hmm, I didn't explicitly state that the Pats cheated to win the Super Bowl. You must have inferred that from my last comment. For all we know, I could have been referring to the accusations against Gruden during Tampa Bay's Super Bowl victory.

Sadly though, I can't reverse the destruction of evidence so I don't want to make any baseless inferences about your team. I guess the NFL just fined Belichick $500,000 because he was innocent.

Army Bronco
12-15-2013, 11:21 PM

I accept your apology!That's a relief.

Army Bronco
12-15-2013, 11:22 PM

Well there's me, and you know I troll all the Bronco threads, or whatever ridiculous assertion you made.You know what helps? vagisil. Dab a little on yer cooter and you should be good to go.

Joel
12-15-2013, 11:24 PM

That's a good point; Denver didn't accomplish a darned thing today, and the only real winner appears to be Indy.

On the other hand, don't tell me ya'll weren't jumping up and down at the chance to get playoff homefield when SD beat us. Brady's never won a playoff game @Manning or @Denver, and probably still has Champ Bailey filled nightmares of his last Denver playoff game. Ya'll just blew it just as badly as we did, with consequences just as serious; the difference is our failing was mainly a matter of focus and professionalism that we CAN overcome (however unlikely it may be.) Your problems are that a horde of injuries have left NE bereft of talent; far harder to overcome.

OrangeHoof
12-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Brady is pissy again...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24376503/tom-brady-on-patriots-loss-we-made-plenty-of-s-plays

Broncolingus
12-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Brady is pissy again...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24376503/tom-brady-on-patriots-loss-we-made-plenty-of-s-plays

Goodness...

...somebody needs to remind Tommi that's not how ladies speak in public!

:D

MasterShake
12-16-2013, 01:54 PM
I don't care what anyone says. Your record and the other teams in the leagues records are what gives you your position in the playoffs. All season I root against the other AFC West teams and top tier teams like the Pats and Colts because they pose the biggest threats. Now another team losing doesn't make me want to hold hands with my family (seriously guys, what was THAT all about) but you can bet yer ass I will cheer for teams to lose, especially this time of year. Like Joel said you KNOW that Pats fans where just as happy Thursday night as we were yesterday, so people need to stop acting like they are somehow above it all. I remember "backing in" to the playoffs a few years ago and knocking off the Steelers. All that mattered at that point was that game and I loved every second of it! The next game sucked, but whatever.

tripp
12-16-2013, 01:59 PM
I was rooting for the Bengals to win last night so the Pats had to play an extra game. I don't look at the Bengals as any form of threat, especially when they played like last night. WTF was that last night? That was their chance to get the 2nd seed!! Yikes.

pulse
12-16-2013, 02:13 PM
I was rooting for the Bengals to win last night so the Pats had to play an extra game. I don't look at the Bengals as any form of threat, especially when they played like last night. WTF was that last night? That was their chance to get the 2nd seed!! Yikes.

If Baltimore beats Detroit tonight, that will be their fourth win in a row. They're hot and New England will face the same situation this Sunday it did last Sunday: trying to beat a team that's fighting to make the playoffs. Additionally, Cincinnati will have to play Baltimore the following week. The second seed is still wide open.

tripp
12-16-2013, 02:28 PM
If Baltimore beats Detroit tonight, that will be their fourth win in a row. They're hot and New England will face the same situation this Sunday it did last Sunday: trying to beat a team that's fighting to make the playoffs. Additionally, Cincinnati will have to play Baltimore the following week. The second seed is still wide open.

A hot Baltimore also scares me. I really do believe if any team is playing in good form, they can beat any team. I'm rooting for Detroit tonight, hopefully they can make the NFC North interesting.