PDA

View Full Version : not just the team falling apart...

weazel
12-13-2013, 01:02 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24715325/stabbings-fights-after-broncos-game-at-mile-high-denver

Four people were stabbed in the parking lot of Sports Authority Field at Mile High following the B roncos' loss to the Chargers on Thursday night.

One person was in critical condition, Denver police said.

Multiple eye-witnesses reported seeing fights.

Denver police have multiple parties in custody, according to the department's Twitter account.

Buff
12-13-2013, 01:03 AM
Aside from the stabbings and the fights and the meltdown threads, I think people are handling the loss pretty well.

weazel
12-13-2013, 01:04 AM
LMAO, that was good

wayninja
12-13-2013, 01:17 AM
If no one gets killed, stabbings are all part of the grieving process.

chazoe60
12-13-2013, 01:24 AM
The funny thing is that I've really turned a corner. I haven't let the Broncos upset me a single time this year, not even the terrible Pats game which in previous years would have sent me off the deep end. Even my thread tonight was more just ho-hum on my end, basically just a realization and nothing more.

One thing becomes painfully clear when you really pay attention: fans care way more than the players. I think once these guys start making money and it becomes a business it becomes so much more of a business to them. For fans it's never business and that drives us to be much more emotional about it.

I still love the Broncos and always will but now that I realize I have no sway over wins and losses I don't let them bother me. I hope they win but I'm certainly not counting on it.

weazel
12-13-2013, 01:29 AM
The funny thing is that I've really turned a corner. I haven't let the Broncos upset me a single time this year, not even the terrible Pats game which in previous years would have sent me off the deep end. Even my thread tonight was more just ho-hum on my end, basically just a realization and nothing more.

One thing becomes painfully clear when you really pay attention: fans care way more than the players. I think once these guys start making money and it becomes a business it becomes so much more of a business to them. For fans it's never business and that drives us to be much more emotional about it.

I still love the Broncos and always will but now that I realize I have no sway over wins and losses I don't let them bother me. I hope they win but I'm certainly not counting on it.

yeah watching players half ass it on the field and then have a game of grab-ass with the opposition after the game makes you realize the fans care more than the players.

chazoe60
12-13-2013, 01:37 AM
yeah watching players half ass it on the field and then have a game of grab-ass with the opposition after the game makes you realize the fans care more than the players.
It's human nature. These guys didn't grow up being Bronco fans, they have no emotional attachment to the team, they're highly paid mercenaries. They play hard and they do their job and I know it means a lot to them but I think k because it's their job they are able to emotionally detach themselves better. Plus it's easier for them to process losses because they know they can affect the next game. We are at the very disadvantageous position of caring way too much for something we have no control over.

Dzone
12-13-2013, 01:53 AM
Good point. I have to take a step back and realize that feeling bad about this loss is a waste of time.

Dapper Dan
12-13-2013, 01:57 AM
I don't think the players care less. I think they compartmentalize more, I guess. They don't think about work 24/7. I still think they care a lot. Some more and less than others. You can't tell me Peyton doesn't care or ever half asses anything.

pnbronco
12-13-2013, 02:01 AM
I will say that we got there right before the game started. I had a bad case of Diver over Thanksgiving and my recovery has been really, really slow. So I wanted to limit my time outside as much as possible so we sat down at the coin toss. Anyway a lot of people were really drunk by then as we were walking in. Now since I normally go in as soon as the gates open I don't know if this is normal. But standing in line with people that could hardly stand up just seemed like trouble waiting to happen.

Also after what I've gone through these last several weeks it really was just a game to me tonight. Started flat and never got out of that groove. But hey I still love my boys and I hope they can find a way to correct what's wrong and if not.....I'll still love them.

GEM
12-13-2013, 02:03 AM
I get real emotional while the game is on, once the game ends I get ovet it fairly quickly.

ShaneFalco
12-13-2013, 02:06 AM
there were a couple years where Rams players could care less if they lost or won. I think it changed recently when the fans stopped going to games :P

Army Bronco
12-13-2013, 02:40 AM
I don't think the players care less. I think they compartmentalize more, I guess. They don't think about work 24/7. I still think they care a lot. Some more and less than others. You can't tell me Peyton doesn't care or ever half asses anything.This is the first loss this year that I wasn't upset. Disappointed, yes, but I felt the team deserved it with how the Defense is playing. I get we have a ton of injuries but last year they were outstanding most of the time, now everybody puts up points on us.

Broncolingus
12-13-2013, 05:39 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24715325/stabbings-fights-after-broncos-game-at-mile-high-denver

Four people were stabbed in the parking lot of Sports Authority Field at Mile High following the B roncos' loss to the Chargers on Thursday night.

One person was in critical condition, Denver police said.

Multiple eye-witnesses reported seeing fights.

Denver police have multiple parties in custody, according to the department's Twitter account.

Ahhhh, yet another wonderful example of how much better society is getting as the years progress...

...and a nice little cherry on top for being a Bronco fan this week :2thumbs:

Northman
12-13-2013, 06:01 AM
fans care way more than the players.

All very true.

Northman
12-13-2013, 06:05 AM
This is the first loss this year that I wasn't upset. Disappointed, yes, but I felt the team deserved it with how the Defense is playing. I get we have a ton of injuries but last year they were outstanding most of the time, now everybody puts up points on us.

For all the grief the defense got last night they still gave Manning a opportunity to tie up the game. Sad to say but it was Peyton and the offense that let the team down last night.

Broncolingus
12-13-2013, 06:12 AM
For all the grief the defense got last night they still gave Manning a opportunity to tie up the game. Sad to say but it was Peyton and the offense that let the team down last night.

...but, but, Peyton mastered the 'cold?' I know it's true cause I read it here...

The offense looked pedestrian at best, and I think the defense was right up there (equally) for blame too...

...giving up 27 points, at home, heading into the post season might not be the best thing when team is, '...supposed to be playing its best ball...'

Moring, btw...

Northman
12-13-2013, 06:19 AM
The problem is the defense has been giving up a lot of points all year. Im just not sure what they were really expecting week in and week out. And as we move into the postseason we will be playing much better competition so its imperative that the Bronco offense keeps averaging about 35 points a game. Whether you want to blame game planning or actual player play this team does not ride on the coattails of the defense. If the defense steps up thats just a bonus but we cannot rely on them to bail us out of games.

claymore
12-13-2013, 09:03 AM

Yesterday, on the Fan, Alfred WIlliams appologized for the loss to the Jags in 95. He said he had no Idea until the Baltimore game that the game could break your heart. They have no idea what it means to us. Our city/state.

EastCoastBronco
12-13-2013, 09:19 AM

Well said, chaz...
I'm pretty much the same way now.
If they are going to mail it in then so am I.
And they definitely mailed it in last night.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mail%20it%20in

Broncolingus
12-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Donksters...:tsk:

GEM
12-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Yesterday, on the Fan, Alfred WIlliams appologized for the loss to the Jags in 95. He said he had no Idea until the Baltimore game that the game could break your heart. They have no idea what it means to us. Our city/state.

They can't. Most of us have chosen our team by the age of 5, then we progress through life and love the players on that team. We try to ingrain in our kids the same love for that team. For most of us, our football is as traditional as Thanksgiving dinner. When these guys get to the NFL, they don't fall in love with the fans like we fall in love with them. They get drafted to a city and team, they've probably never given a second thought to. Then it just becomes how much money, how much playing time, how much respect, it's never I want to give the fans something. Can't really blame them, one season they could be with Denver, the next with San Diego and it's no big deal to them. To me, Eddie Royal is a trader, going to the enemy, to him it's just a business move.

claymore
12-13-2013, 11:17 AM
They can't. Most of us have chosen our team by the age of 5, then we progress through life and love the players on that team. We try to ingrain in our kids the same love for that team. For most of us, our football is as traditional as Thanksgiving dinner. When these guys get to the NFL, they don't fall in love with the fans like we fall in love with them. They get drafted to a city and team, they've probably never given a second thought to. Then it just becomes how much money, how much playing time, how much respect, it's never I want to give the fans something. Can't really blame them, one season they could be with Denver, the next with San Diego and it's no big deal to them. To me, Eddie Royal is a trader, going to the enemy, to him it's just a business move.

Yup, pretty much. Royal didnt piss me off as much as Dumervil (no offense to anyone). Doom could have easily signed with us, for money to boot.

Dapper Dan
12-13-2013, 11:19 AM
John Elway said how he was happy to bring a Super Bowl to Denver because the fans deserved it. He told the fans "I love you" and the players don't care about the fans or the city?

Buff
12-13-2013, 11:23 AM
John Elway said how he was happy to bring a Super Bowl to Denver because the fans deserved it. He told the fans "I love you" and the players don't care about the fans or the city?

I don't think clay's statement applies universally... But his point stands that the fans usually care a lot more than the hired mercenary players.

Broncolingus
12-13-2013, 11:23 AM
(no offense to anyone)

...sad you even have to caveat like that, brother...:tsk:

...but you do, for the Donksters of the group.

Dapper Dan
12-13-2013, 11:25 AM
I don't think clay's statement applies universally... But his point stands that the fans usually care a lot more than the hired mercenary players.

I started to comment before Clay, so it wasn't really a response.

I think it goes both ways. Most fans don't care about the players. They care about the team, as a whole, and that's about it. This is pretty evident when players are hated for leaving.

claymore
12-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Thats a great example. But, I think the John Elway's of the world are few and far between.

...sad you even have to caveat like that, brother...:tsk:

...but you do, for the Donksters of the group.

Yeah I know. Im trying to keep my E-Arguments to a minimum. I think there are some of us (myself included) that ruffle feathers uneccesarrily sometimes.

Broncolingus
12-13-2013, 11:32 AM
I think there are some of us (myself included) that ruffle feathers uneccesarrily sometimes.

...some people like their feathers ruffled...

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp114/perditia/phil_hartman-as-ed_mcmahon-2.jpg

Northman
12-13-2013, 11:52 AM

Things are a lot different now than they were back when John played.

Dapper Dan
12-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks, Obama.

Broncolingus
12-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks, Obama.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43477610.jpg

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-13-2013, 12:33 PM
I get real emotional while the game is on, once the game ends I get ovet it fairly quickly.

Well, considering some of your rants the next day I'd say I'd hate to be sitting next to you during a bad game. :D

topscribe
12-13-2013, 12:38 PM
...some people like their feathers ruffled...

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp114/perditia/phil_hartman-as-ed_mcmahon-2.jpg
I ruffled North's feathers a bit last night. :D

But he can take it, and I think he kinda likes it. That's way he's still Anubis to me.
He was my good buddy long before he ever joined BF. :salute:

wayninja
12-13-2013, 12:52 PM

All the more reason the NFL should institute a geographic restriction to team signings. The denver Broncos should all be from Colorado or Surrounding states.

Heil Broncos!

chazoe60
12-13-2013, 12:58 PM
All the more reason the NFL should institute a geographic restriction to team signings. The denver Broncos should all be from Colorado or Surrounding states.

Heil Broncos!

Then the Cowboys, Dolphins, or Falcons would win every SB.

topscribe
12-13-2013, 01:02 PM

Heil Broncos!
Heil? So we should put a little mustache on Elway?

I think you meant hail? :D

wayninja
12-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Heil? So we should put a little mustache on Elway?

I think you meant hail? :D

I know what I said. No correction is necessary.

topscribe
12-13-2013, 01:09 PM
I know what I said. No correction is necessary.
Okay. I get you now. :D

GEM
12-13-2013, 01:11 PM

In most cases. Geez.

GEM
12-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Well, considering some of your rants the next day I'd say I'd hate to be sitting next to you during a bad game. :D

:laugh: I usually leave the room when they make a shit play or there is a shit call. I have learned to calm it down now. :lol:

Broncolingus
12-13-2013, 01:16 PM
I ruffled North's feathers a bit last night. :D

But he can take it, and I think he kinda likes it. That's way he's still Anubis to me.
He was my good buddy long before he ever joined BF. :salute:

...well, with North, it's a given there brother...

...after all, that's what he was put on this earth to do :D