PDA

View Full Version : Any news on our RB status?

omac
11-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Henry, Young, and Hall all have injuries.

Will any of them be healthy enough to play effectively? The timing is bad, since we get to face Oakland's weak run defense. Any of those 3 would've had a field day.

Are we back to ... Mike Bell?

Tned
11-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Henry, Young, and Hall all have injuries.

Will any of them be healthy enough to play effectively? The timing is bad, since we get to face Oakland's weak run defense. Any of those 3 would've had a field day.

Are we back to ... Mike Bell?

I've been wondering the same thing. If they aren't good to go, I would personally opt for Sapp running and KJ/Bell at FB.

underrated29
11-27-2007, 10:16 AM
i read to day that we should probably find out tomorow if henry is suspended, and the weird thing is they said (cbssports) that we are just waiting for an reason to cut him...

I think we will keep him even if he is suspended....but on topic, id say henry if not suspended and young was also said good to go.

I didnt know hall was injured, but im sure its nothing major ot keep him out. i hope.

omac
11-27-2007, 10:21 AM
I guess Shanny knew what he was doing early in the pre-season when he decided to keep so many RBs. Remember there was a post that questioned why Mikey was keeping so many RBs? I guess we know now.

Is it the conditioning coach, the cleats, the field, the practices? Ridiculous amount of injuries.

I like Sapp for the barreling, short yardage stuff, but I think Mike Bell is our next best cut-back runner. Hopefully he doesn't fumble anything.

omac
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
i read to day that we should probably find out tomorow if henry is suspended, and the weird thing is they said (cbssports) that we are just waiting for an reason to cut him...

I think we will keep him even if he is suspended....but on topic, id say henry if not suspended and young was also said good to go.

I didnt know hall was injured, but im sure its nothing major ot keep him out. i hope.

Well, a similar chronology of circumstances happened with Kircus ... lie detector test, etc. ... and Mikey supposedly believed him, but he was cut later anyway.

Travis Henry hasn't been running well since his knee injury, so I wonder if he'll be the same back even if he plays. I'm sure Young is raring to go; no way will he let his spot on the lineup be taken.

Talk about a shift in field conditions .... from a wet slippery field to ... a dusty, dirt-filled baseball diamond! :D

Stand Ablaze
11-27-2007, 11:30 AM
We'll just have to wait 'till Wednesday to know more about the situation. See how Travis and Selvin are doing and if they're ready to go or not. Same with Andre.

underrated29
11-27-2007, 12:02 PM
VERY VERY true omac. very true. However travis is more valuable then david. And you are also right about travis and his knee. And with the exceptional playing from young and hall- he could be in limbo.

but i have to argue that travis was outperforming all of them until he got hurt, not by much, but he was doing pretty good. Now we have to think with the way the line is blocking and the way the d has now started to repect our passing game, that travis should absolutely dominate!!-of course this is all my opinion, but he is a perfect fit for our system.

as i have said before i think travis is along the lines of a 92-97% fit for us. I think young is an 80-85% and hall is a 86-89% fit. Obviously, they are all good for us. However, if travis can get some of the blocking that we have been giving the other guys lately..Not to take away from young and hall as they are playing lights out.

Would you agree that its in the best intrest of the team to keep him even if he is suspended?

SR
11-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Shanny has been saying since last week that Henry should be good to go for Oakland.

omac
11-27-2007, 12:13 PM
VERY VERY true omac. very true. However travis is more valuable then david. And you are also right about travis and his knee. And with the exceptional playing from young and hall- he could be in limbo.

but i have to argue that travis was outperforming all of them until he got hurt, not by much, but he was doing pretty good. Now we have to think with the way the line is blocking and the way the d has now started to repect our passing game, that travis should absolutely dominate!!-of course this is all my opinion, but he is a perfect fit for our system.

as i have said before i think travis is along the lines of a 92-97% fit for us. I think young is an 80-85% and hall is a 86-89% fit. Obviously, they are all good for us. However, if travis can get some of the blocking that we have been giving the other guys lately..Not to take away from young and hall as they are playing lights out.

Would you agree that its in the best intrest of the team to keep him even if he is suspended?

I'd want them to keep him; I agree, when healthy, Travis Henry is the superior RB for our system. He makes the right cuts, drives hard, plows through tacklers and takes people with him. Even as good as Young and Hall have been playing, Henry is that much better.

On a side note, Justin Fargas of Oakland looks a whole lot like Selvin Young, with his style of running; he's become their #1 back, and is flourishing under Kiffin's implementation of zone blocking. How many teams now use zone blocking?

omac
11-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Shanny has been saying since last week that Henry should be good to go for Oakland.

Well, that would be good news. Hopefully, he plays sharp despite the layoff.

Lonestar
11-27-2007, 01:32 PM
I missed hall getting hurt.

I think a decision will be made soon on Thenry one way or the other.. I do not think that mikey will cut him unless he can get out from under the contract penalties, via him being suspended. If he can Thenry and his is gone after the season..

I think he is the best back on the team but with all of his moral baggage and continual injuries he might be another cut.

I've always liked Mike Bell being the underdog that he is and a hometown kid. But I want to see the best guy on the field. Regardless of who it is.

Tned
11-27-2007, 01:35 PM
I missed hall getting hurt.

I think a decision will be made soon on Thenry one way or the other.. I do not think that mikey will cut him unless he can get out from under the contract penalties, via him being suspended. If he can Thenry and his is gone after the season..

I think he is the best back on the team but with all of his moral baggage and continual injuries he might be another cut.

I've always liked Mike Bell being the underdog that he is and a hometown kid. But I want to see the best guy on the field. Regardless of who it is.

Hall twisted his ankle prior to Bell coming in and fumbling. They said after the game he could barely walk on it, which tells you either adrenalin or heart or both kept him in that game.

Mike
11-27-2007, 01:37 PM
I have really enjoyed watching Young and Hall. To be honest, I have hardly noticed Henry's absence. I hope both Young and Hall are ready to go this Sunday.

SR
11-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I have really enjoyed watching Young and Hall. To be honest, I have hardly noticed Henry's absence. I hope both Young and Hall are ready to go this Sunday.

Forget that. I hope Travis Henry is ready for Sunday.

underrated29
11-27-2007, 01:45 PM
i could be wrong on this but it seems a lot of people are kinda favoring hall and young, and i think its due to their breaking some long runs. I could be wrong on this too of course.

Lets see if travis can break some longer runs too, if he does i think that will change some minds.

Mike
11-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Forget that. I hope Travis Henry is ready for Sunday.

I understand where you are coming from.

I just prefer the youth movement, I guess. I like the way the team plays with them in the lineup and I like the way they run. Both Young and Hall have better yards per carry. They also have more receiving yards than Henry despite playing less. Young has the same amount of TDs, while Hall has more. They run as hard as Henry and also both have the speed to take it to the next level (something that Henry lacks).

Retired_Member_001
11-27-2007, 02:04 PM

I just prefer the youth movement, I guess. I like the way the team plays with them in the lineup and I like the way they run. Both Young and Hall have better yards per carry. They also have more receiving yards than Henry despite playing less. Young has the same amount of TDs, while Hall has more. They run as hard as Henry and also both have the speed to take it to the next level (something that Henry lacks).

Good point about the speed.

However what remains to be seen is do they have the endurance? I'm waiting to see because I think Selvin Young has got a bright future if he can carry the load, or most of the load.

SR
11-27-2007, 02:09 PM

After some thought, I agree. If healthy, I'd rather see Hall in there. He's faster than Henry, but maybe not as strong of a runner. He is a combination of Selvin and Travis with his speed+strength combo. Im not to hip on Young, but I like Hall so far. But then again, I liked Young a lot at first too. We'll see.

Lonestar
11-27-2007, 02:10 PM

Good point about the speed.

However what remains to be seen is do they have the endurance? I'm waiting to see because I think Selvin Young has got a bright future if he can carry the load, or most of the load.

I have concerns about the difference in a 230+ back vs someone at 208-212 make a huge difference in taking a licking and keep on ticking.

I could care less about top speed Thenry is fast enough to do what is necessary pound the ball all day. The name of the game is ball control and getting the tough 1-2 yards on 3and1 or two when the chips are down and we have to maintain control of the ball to run out the clock.

Mike
11-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I have concerns about the difference in a 230+ back vs someone at 208-212 make a huge difference in taking a licking and keep on ticking.

I could care less about top speed Thenry is fast enough to do what is necessary pound the ball all day. The name of the game is ball control and getting the tough 1-2 yards on 3and1 or two when the chips are down and we have to maintain control of the ball to run out the clock.

True. But Henry hasn't exactly been the model of durability either.

underrated29
11-27-2007, 03:26 PM

thats what i dislike about henry the most. his durablilty. while i do praise him for playing through it. If he could ever just not get dinged up he would be so much better

Lonestar
11-27-2007, 03:59 PM

Probably true DAT.. I do not remember his years in BUF or TEN but it might also be saying something that he was able to leave both teams.

I would still prefer a 230 pounder and lose some speed in the deal, than have a tater type that has all the speed in the world with no where to take it.

Mike
11-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Probably true DAT.. I do not remember his years in BUF or TEN but it might also be saying something that he was able to leave both teams.

I would still prefer a 230 pounder and lose some speed in the deal, than have a tater type that has all the speed in the world with no where to take it.

I understand.

The issue that I always had with Tatum was that he lacked vision and obviously went down too easy. From what I have seen so far, both Young and Hall fight for extra yards and both have good vision to go along with their speed. They also seem to be dependable receivers out of the backfield.

I have really been impressed with the two young RBs is all. Maybe they will have durability problems. Who knows? All that I am saying is that so far Young and Hall have carried the load...to the point that I haven't even missed Henry. Too bad Denver gave Henry all that money to see two nobodies get the same kind of production.

Lonestar
11-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I understand.

The issue that I always had with Tatum was that he lacked vision and obviously went down too easy. From what I have seen so far, both Young and Hall fight for extra yards and both have good vision to go along with their speed. They also seem to be dependable receivers out of the backfield.

I have really been impressed with the two young RBs is all. Maybe they will have durability problems. Who knows? All that I am saying is that so far Young and Hall have carried the load...to the point that I haven't even missed Henry. Too bad Denver gave Henry all that money to see two nobodies get the same kind of production.

Hey I agree I'd rather have a couple of kids that want IT, than a tater type that thinks is is due him..

Draft them high and the hunger goes away.

I'd still like them to put some weight on and hopefully it will make them more durable as well as hard to bring down. Another 15 pounds or so would be great IMO.

I'm not one of those that want us to waste ANY draft choices for RB's..

Astrass
11-27-2007, 05:22 PM
I understand.

I agree also, I really haven't missed henry at all this year. I kinda hope he does get suspended if we can cut him and get money back for his contract (that is, if he really did smoke weed again of course).

broncosfanscott
11-27-2007, 09:53 PM

I am beginning to like these two guys more and more now that I have seen them play more. I do like Henry, it's just too bad he is dinged up so that he can't play on a regular basis because I think he would be able to get those tough yards that sometimes we just can't get. I guess we will wait and see who plays Sunday.......hope Young is ready to go.