PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Loss of "Mr. Milquetoast" gain for Broncos' offense

Denver Native (Carol)
12-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Here's betting San Diego Chargers coach Mike McCoy regrets this stupid statement: "I'm not in the business to play close. We are trying to win. We're going to beat Denver on Thursday night, not play close."

Whoa. When McCoy worked for the Broncos, he was Mr. Milquetoast.

When did McCoy grow some guts?

Beat Denver, not play close.

If those words didn't constitute a guarantee from McCoy, it was close.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_24706393/loss-mr-milquetoast-gain-broncos-o-8800-ense

Denver Native (Carol)
12-12-2013, 01:56 PM
from same article:

While Denver safety Rahim Moore got toasted and coach John Fox was roasted for the 38-35 playoff loss that shredded the Super Bowl dreams of quarterback Peyton Manning, the under-the-radar goat of the crushing defeat was McCoy.

Not to send shivers up the spines of Broncomaniacs, but remember this scene?

At the two-minute warning, with Denver ahead 35-28 and time to discuss the play, the Broncos faced third down at their 47-yard line. Gain 7 yards, and the career of Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis would be history, while Denver would march relentlessly on down the road to the Super Bowl.

In a formation that screamed run, Manning turned and handed the football to rookie Ronnie Hillman. Hillman was stuffed for no gain. The rest is sad Broncos history.

What kind of offensive coordinator takes the ball away from the best player on the field with the game on the line?

When McCoy departed to San Diego, it created the space for the Broncos to grow into a true offensive juggernaut.

rest - including things on Gase, Manning/Gase relationship, etc.
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_24706393/loss-mr-milquetoast-gain-broncos-o-8800-ense

Ziggy
12-12-2013, 02:10 PM
The Chargers are very cocky about this game. I believe that a 30 point win is in order.

SR
12-12-2013, 05:37 PM
His words are being taken out of context. I watched it live and he was saying that is in "we are going to Denver to win, not play close", not as in "we are going to win this game". So much is being read in to this it's ridiculous.

GEM
12-12-2013, 06:38 PM
His words are being taken out of context. I watched it live and he was saying that is in "we are going to Denver to win, not play close", not as in "we are going to win this game". So much is being read in to this it's ridiculous.

That's media....if there isn't a story, they'll create one.

Az Snake
12-12-2013, 07:23 PM
The Chargers are very cocky about this game. I believe that a 30 point win is in order.

A big fat 50 burger would be nice !!!

:defense:

Simple Jaded
12-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Remember when McCoy sucked and was the root of all failures?