PDA

View Full Version : Whats Up With Wolfe?

WARHORSE
12-10-2013, 07:12 PM
I thought Fox's comments on Wolfes ailment were dodging. He seemed to not want to say what was going on. I hope he can play soon though! The dude has lost alot of weight.

Im wondering if its just stress...........I hope not.

Ziggy
12-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Wolfe will be back, healthy, and hungry for the playoffs. Nothing else matters.

Dzone
12-10-2013, 07:57 PM
How good was Wolfe doing before he started having the seizure like symptoms?
Seems like Malik Jackson always comes thru with some big plays

SR
12-10-2013, 08:14 PM
He played noticeably better after Miller came back. But he hasn't lived up to the fan-imposed hype at all yet.

underrated29
12-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Remember when cle kept having staph infections with its players.....hope we aren't getting anything like this....Tracy porter and now Wolfe with some weird undiagnosed problems..

Az Snake
12-10-2013, 08:33 PM
He played noticeably better after Miller came back. But he hasn't lived up to the fan-imposed hype at all yet.

Still would like to see him back.
The more meat JDR has to rotate, the better !

Well, good night SR, past my bedtime.
See ya Thursday !

Hawgdriver
12-10-2013, 08:33 PM
What is the weight differential?

OrangeHoof
12-10-2013, 09:04 PM
I presume that, like many ailments, there are confidentiality rules enforced about disclosing non-football illnesses. That could be part of the secrecy.

broncosinindy
12-10-2013, 09:57 PM
I thought he was really starting to turn it on

broncosinindy
12-10-2013, 09:58 PM
About 25lbs ~

BroncoWave
12-10-2013, 10:18 PM
About 25lbs ~

Where was this reported?

WARHORSE
12-11-2013, 12:35 AM
While sacks will get you noticed, when Wolfe is in there the run stops cold. Hes long for a white boy and country strong. I love our whole defensive line but Im looking forward to Wolfe getting his reps back.

SR
12-11-2013, 07:02 AM
While sacks will get you noticed, when Wolfe is in there the run stops cold. Hes long for a white boy and country strong. I love our whole defensive line but Im looking forward to Wolfe getting his reps back.

I'm not even talking about sacks. He disappears in the play a lot.

DenBronx
12-11-2013, 08:36 AM

White BOY?

Do you single out other races and call them black boy or brown boy? He's also a full grown ass man, not a boy.

broncofaninfla
12-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Does anybody have a link on his weight loss? Thats the first i've heard of that. Wolfe seemed to be playing better as the season went on. Sure help he can come back soon and continue that trend.

SR
12-11-2013, 09:46 AM
White BOY? Do you single out other races and call them black boy or brown boy? He's also a full grown ass man, not a boy.

Is it that big of a deal?

Ravage!!!
12-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Is it that big of a deal?

No, but DenBronx has a tendency to make BIG deals out of complete nothing.

BroncoNut
12-11-2013, 11:27 AM
I was wondering that not too long ago myself.

BroncoNut
12-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Wolfe's played seemed pretty solid to me. He's been rotated to different positions on the line with the absences of Miller, Clady, etc. so not sure what all the fan expectations is about. Numbers? pfft. He seems to disrupt and get himself into the backfield pretty effectively. a lot you folks don't really seem to understand football

Ravage!!!
12-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Considering Vickerson is gone, Wolfe is a HUGE need right now for our defense. I don't think he's been a disappointment at all.

pulse
12-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Hey hey hey... I've rarely posted, but felt compelled to do so after some of the comments on Wolfe. As far as need, we've got to get him back soon. Line play is my favorite aspect of football and I can tell you that Wolfe's effectiveness is not revealed merely by his individual statistics. If you've paid close attention to the line play through this entire season, you've noticed how disruptive Wolfe is on his side of the line. He almost always gets off his block and pushes the tackle or interior guard back into the backfield. The stats have been there, but it was Phillips or Vickerson that got the tackle for loss or sack. Having Wolfe down getting an effective push with Miller on the edge causes huge problems for the tackle. It's highly effective in getting a body free in the backfield to take on the QB or RB. Earlier this year when Miller was suspended, Wolfe and Vickerson were quite effective in stopping the run with 4 down lineman. Perhaps our pass rush wasn't the greatest, but we still got pressure. Our secondary woes are well documented. But as far as the run, offenses had very little success running towards Wolfe's side of the line. With Vickerson gone, Knighton has really stepped up, but we really need Wolfe back in there to blow things up and assist in getting Von in the backfield.

OrangeHoof
12-11-2013, 12:46 PM
White BOY?

Do you single out other races and call them black boy or brown boy? He's also a full grown ass man, not a boy.

Lighten up, Francis. "White Boy" is an NAACP-approved racial taunt, as is "honky", "redneck" and "cracker".

BroncoNut
12-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Hey hey hey... I've rarely posted, but felt compelled to do so after some of the comments on Wolfe. As far as need, we've got to get him back soon. Line play is my favorite aspect of football and I can tell you that Wolfe's effectiveness is not revealed merely by his individual statistics. If you've paid close attention to the line play through this entire season, you've noticed how disruptive Wolfe is on his side of the line. He almost always gets off his block and pushes the tackle or interior guard back into the backfield. The stats have been there, but it was Phillips or Vickerson that got the tackle for loss or sack. Having Wolfe down getting an effective push with Miller on the edge causes huge problems for the tackle. It's highly effective in getting a body free in the backfield to take on the QB or RB. Earlier this year when Miller was suspended, Wolfe and Vickerson were quite effective in stopping the run with 4 down lineman. Perhaps our pass rush wasn't the greatest, but we still got pressure. Our secondary woes are well documented. But as far as the run, offenses had very little success running towards Wolfe's side of the line. With Vickerson gone, Knighton has really stepped up, but we really need Wolfe back in there to blow things up and assist in getting Von in the backfield.

please stay

SR
12-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Wolfe's played seemed pretty solid to me. He's been rotated to different positions on the line with the absences of Miller, Clady, etc. so not sure what all the fan expectations is about. Numbers? pfft. He seems to disrupt and get himself into the backfield pretty effectively. a lot you folks don't really seem to understand football

So Clady's absense had an effect on where Wolfe has played? And we don't understand football?

DenBronx
12-11-2013, 04:52 PM
White BOY?

Lighten up, Francis. "White Boy" is an NAACP-approved racial taunt, as is "honky", "redneck" and "cracker".

lol...aint that the truth.

WARHORSE
12-11-2013, 04:54 PM
White BOY?

Im all about singling out the races.

Its what I do..... :coffee:

claymore
12-11-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm not even talking about sacks. He disappears in the play a lot.

I kind of expected a sophmore slump. That coupled with the fact Von and Doom were gone. I didnt expect much out of him this year. JMO.

Joel
12-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Does anybody have a link on his weight loss? Thats the first i've heard of that. Wolfe seemed to be playing better as the season went on. Sure help he can come back soon and continue that trend.
I'd like confirmation on that as well; last I heard was they've cleared him to play again, but not by tomorrow.

When Miller and Wolfe have both been on the field the combination's been very satisfying; unfortunately, Miller missed the first six games and Wolfe the last two, so they've started together in just five. The whole's far greater than the sum of the parts, because they're both very good run stoppers AND pass rushers, and offenses can't double both without severely limiting receiving options by going max protect. It'll be a big relief when Wolfe plays again; Ayers is good vs. the run and adequate vs. the pass, but Wolfe's at least as good at the first and better at the second.

As to Foxs latest comments on Wolfe, they told the rest of our opponents (including those in the playoffs) as much as they told you: Not much. Wait and see....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I believe the weight loss issue was earlier in the season and not recent.

Dzone
12-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Nobody knows whats going on with Wolfe and it seems to be a big secret. So Wolfe is classified as having an "illness"? Weird and mysterious.

SR
12-11-2013, 08:49 PM
I kind of expected a sophmore slump. That coupled with the fact Von and Doom were gone. I didnt expect much out of him this year. JMO.
I didn't either

BroncoWave
12-11-2013, 08:52 PM
I have no clue what some of you have been watching this year. I think Wolfe has looked pretty good. Seems like I see him penetrating into the other team's backfield fairly often.

BroncoNut
12-12-2013, 09:22 AM
So Clady's absense had an effect on where Wolfe has played? And we don't understand football?

yeah yeah yeah, you got me . Hooray for you SR!!!!!!

SR
12-12-2013, 09:25 AM
yeah yeah yeah, you got me . Hooray for you SR!!!!!!

:lol:

Broncolingus
12-12-2013, 09:34 AM
I hope the kid can shake this injury bug...

...and now would be a great time to start a 6-7 game tear of awesomeness.

(...yes, now go check to make sure my math adds up so if it doesn't, some regular can get his/her self gratification by immediately pointing out an (inconsequential) error...)

BroncoNut
12-12-2013, 09:39 AM
clever stipulation there lingus. I may consider it's use as a model in future posts of mine, if, of course, that is o.k. with ewe, I mean you.

now back to topic. Yeah, I think it's great that RG3 will sit the rest of the season. save him for the next.

Broncolingus
12-12-2013, 09:44 AM
clever stipulation there lingus. I may consider it's use as a model in future posts of mine, if, of course, that is o.k. with ewe, I mean you.

now back to topic. Yeah, I think it's great that RG3 will sit the rest of the season. save him for the next.

http://funfive.net/images/Ewe%20Mad.jpg

BroncoNut
12-12-2013, 09:45 AM
http://funfive.net/images/Ewe%20Mad.jpg

ewe damn right

Broncolingus
12-12-2013, 09:48 AM
ewe damn right

Nice...:2thumbs:

BroncoNut
12-12-2013, 09:50 AM
gracious senor cunnilingus

Joel
12-12-2013, 10:31 AM
ewe damn right
Wrong: Ewe DAM right.

BroncoNut
12-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Wrong: Ewe DAM right.

I haven't heard that in a long time, great call Joel. I believe I recall it in the context of a mother; more specifically a mother horse

Joel
12-12-2013, 10:51 AM
I haven't heard that in a long time, great call Joel. I believe I recall it in the context of a mother; more specifically a mother horse
Yeah, goes for sheep too though, at least according to a cursory google.

BroncoNut
12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Yeah, goes for sheep too though, at least according to a cursory google.

I believe it might be appropriate with most cloven hooved beasts.

Broncolingus
12-12-2013, 04:24 PM
cloven hooved beast

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2013729/rs_300x300-130829110132-600.Miley-MTV-Tongue-Finger.mh.082913.jpg

Hawgdriver
12-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
cloven hooved bReast

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2013729/rs_300x300-130829110132-600.Miley-MTV-Tongue-Finger.mh.082913.jpg

Fixed.

pulse
12-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Defensive end Derek Wolfe also did not practice, but he has begun doing some work with the team’s strength and conditioning staff as he returns from what the team called “seizure-like symptoms" Nov. 29.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/107492/broncos-go-through-bonus-day

Joel
12-17-2013, 04:41 AM
Defensive end Derek Wolfe also did not practice, but he has begun doing some work with the team’s strength and conditioning staff as he returns from what the team called “seizure-like symptoms" Nov. 29.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/107492/broncos-go-through-bonus-day
We desperately need him back, especially in the pass rush, but I don't want to put the guys life in danger. I hope the team, his doctors or SOMEONE knows a lot more about what's going on and what to do about it than they're telling the press. Worrisome, too, that Welker still hasn't been cleared to be on the field again.

It's good to hear them at least SAYING all the right things about taking care of business and bringing their A game (EVERY week, guys.) It could be I wasn't the only one looking at SD as not just the beginning but also the END of the grueling part of the season, and that they just ran out of gas in the last game. There's enough guys who've been in that situation to know EVERYONE in Houston is playing for their job next week, and by the time we get to Oakland a lot of those guys will be, too. We could really use that first round bye, but must EARN it.

Hawgdriver
12-17-2013, 04:43 AM
I wonder how much owners and the NFL worry about injury liability, and how that might keep otherwise able players off the field.

Joel
12-17-2013, 05:05 AM
I wonder how much owners and the NFL worry about injury liability, and how that might keep otherwise able players off the field.
About 3/4 of a billion dollars worth, because that's how much they paid to avoid a court hearing on their concussion liability. It makes me wonder where that leaves boxing.

jhildebrand
12-17-2013, 01:19 PM
I am curious about Wolfe and the "seizure like" symptoms. Tracy Porter suffered the same last year out of no where. He hadn't had them in NO. By all indications he hasn't had them since leaving Denver. Wolfe is a young physically healthy guy. He never had any indications until the symptoms presented themselves on the bus ride to DIA. These teams know everything they can about a player medically speaking especially those who go through the combine. They go through a battery of tests. Often times, prospects are diagnosed at the combine with a condition that has never been known to them or any of the doctors they have seen before. So why now? Both players are on the defensive side of the ball. Are they linked/related? :confused: Could they be the result of an environmental factor out at Dove Valley? :confused:

BroncoNut
12-17-2013, 01:48 PM
More like Who's afraid of Virginia Wolfe!

:Zambini:

Hawgdriver
12-17-2013, 01:52 PM
About 3/4 of a billion dollars worth, because that's how much they paid to avoid a court hearing on their concussion liability. It makes me wonder where that leaves boxing.

I guess any lawsuit would go through the player's union or something. I don't see a relationship between the settlement of the class action or whatever it was and particular situations like the one with Wolfe.

Suppose Wolfe aggravated his condition by playing. He wanted to play. His doctors cleared him. Or maybe team doctors cleared him. Do the Broncos have a huge liability for this? Or is it indemnified by terms in the player/org agreement?

Joel
12-17-2013, 03:33 PM
I am curious about Wolfe and the "seizure like" symptoms. Tracy Porter suffered the same last year out of no where. He hadn't had them in NO. By all indications he hasn't had them since leaving Denver. Wolfe is a young physically healthy guy. He never had any indications until the symptoms presented themselves on the bus ride to DIA. These teams know everything they can about a player medically speaking especially those who go through the combine. They go through a battery of tests. Often times, prospects are diagnosed at the combine with a condition that has never been known to them or any of the doctors they have seen before. So why now? Both players are on the defensive side of the ball. Are they linked/related? :confused: Could they be the result of an environmental factor out at Dove Valley? :confused:
It's the flouride; because of you people the whole country's poisoned multiple times daily: Thanks bunches. :tongue:

I guess any lawsuit would go through the player's union or something. I don't see a relationship between the settlement of the class action or whatever it was and particular situations like the one with Wolfe.

Suppose Wolfe aggravated his condition by playing. He wanted to play. His doctors cleared him. Or maybe team doctors cleared him. Do the Broncos have a huge liability for this? Or is it indemnified by terms in the player/org agreement?
I'm no lawyer and don't know all the settlements specifics, but imagine the NFL would only be off the hook if it could prove any and all injury was due to concussion, because the settlement only deals with concussions. So league concerns about liability for any and all other injuries remain valid, and their worried enough about liability in general to pony up $765 million just to avoid going to court over the concussions. Even for the NFL, that's not chump change (their 2011 profits were ~$9 billion, IIRC) and people rarely settle on that scale absent fear of a far larger judgement.

jhildebrand
12-17-2013, 04:03 PM
It's the flouride; because of you people the whole country's poisoned multiple times daily: Thanks bunches. :tongue:

I know. I was looking for my tinfoil hat as I posted that but couldn't find it. Posted anyway.