View Full Version : 2013 NFL playoff scenarios for Week 15

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2013, 02:42 PM
DENVER BRONCOS

Denver clinches AFC West division with:

1) DEN win + KC loss

Denver clinches a first-round bye with:

1) DEN win + KC loss + CIN loss or tie

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000296179/article/2013-nfl-playoff-scenarios-for-week-15

LawDog
12-10-2013, 03:11 PM
I just don't see KC losing to the Raiders...

Maybe Indy the week after although the Colt's D has fallen off a cliff.

Which leaves the Chargers in San Diego the last week.

Looks like we will still be playing for position when we go to Oakland. Which is good because I am going to that game...

FanInAZ
12-10-2013, 03:41 PM
This is wrong, we can't clinch the 1 seed this week. The Patriots still have the potential to win 13 games. A win for us this week only gives us 12 wins, and they have the tie breaker advantage.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2013, 03:55 PM
This is wrong, we can't clinch the 1 seed this week. The Patriots still have the potential to win 13 games. A win for us this week only gives us 12 wins, and they have the tie breaker advantage.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

It doesn't say we can clinch the 1 seed this week. It says what needs to happen for the Broncos to clinch the AFC West Div., and a 1st round buy

VonDoom
12-10-2013, 04:14 PM
I just don't see KC losing to the Raiders...

Maybe Indy the week after although the Colt's D has fallen off a cliff.

Which leaves the Chargers in San Diego the last week.

Looks like we will still be playing for position when we go to Oakland. Which is good because I am going to that game...

If we're playing for position when we go to Oakland, it'll be for the number one seed, provided we do our job these next two games. If both us and KC win the next two, we'd be 13-2 and they'd be 12-3, which would lock up the division before the last game.

LawDog
12-10-2013, 05:43 PM
If we're playing for position when we go to Oakland, it'll be for the number one seed, provided we do our job these next two games. If both us and KC win the next two, we'd be 13-2 and they'd be 12-3, which would lock up the division before the last game.

As long as I get to see Peyton play at least the first half, I'm good.

FanInAZ
12-10-2013, 05:53 PM
It doesn't say we can clinch the 1 seed this week. It says what needs to happen for the Broncos to clinch the AFC West Div., and a 1st round buy
Oops, my bad :tsk:

Joel
12-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Any team can beat any other on any given Sunday, but, barring injury (heaven forbid) this schedule won't let us blow a two game lead on KC with just three game left: It's down to whether we hold onto the #1 seed; until/unless NE finally loses one of their close games against bad teams, that should keep us on our toes every week. The AFC has few big questions now apart from who staggers into the #6 seed (I'd bet on Miami, but who knows?)