PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Announcing the 2014 Wait and See (Better than Ziggy's Thread) Crowd

Northman
12-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Go ahead, lay all your concerns about this team on Ol' Northman here. We can kick back on our lounge chairs and watch the rest of the season and post season unfold with high hopes of another championship coming to Denver. No need to flog the dolphin with blind homerism, no need to pretend to be Miss Cleo's predicting certainties, just speak about the pro's and con's of this year's team and their chances of making the dance. Discuss with me if we have the grit, determination, physical stability, and motivation to get r done. Will this team have the mental fortitude to go the distance? Will a legendary season for Manning be enough? You decide. Dont pretend to be fans like they are in Oakland predicting SB titles every year, lets take it one step at a time and be objective fans and hope the team can come through in what is a special year so far.

Broncolingus
12-10-2013, 12:39 PM
...this thread is going to need a separate 5 TBs for Joel's posts alone.

(JK, brother :D)

Northman
12-10-2013, 12:41 PM
...this thread is going to need a separate 5 TBs for Joel's posts alone.

(JK, brother :D)

One thing you can never accuse Joel of not being is thorough. lmao

Dapper Dan
12-10-2013, 01:15 PM
This team just doesn't have enough cowbell.

olathebroncofan
12-10-2013, 01:30 PM
My main concern is not with the Broncos at all. It's with the pats. They just keep winning. We need that#1 seed. It's almost like we need to keep up with them instead of the pressure being on them.

Hopefully with gronk out things will be different.

claymore
12-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Our weakness is our sterngth IMO. Our D sluffs off since it knows we have one of, if not THE greatest QB ever. We are mentally weak because we know Manning will make up for it. This will get us through the regular season, but it doesnt get us through the high emotion, important games.

I see one and done in the playoffs, or a loss in the AFCCG. I write this because I dont want it to be true.

Northman
12-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Our weakness is our sterngth IMO. Our D sluffs off since it knows we have one of, if not THE greatest QB ever. We are mentally weak because we know Manning will make up for it. This will get us through the regular season, but it doesnt get us through the high emotion, important games.

I see one and done in the playoffs, or a loss in the AFCCG. I write this because I dont want it to be true.

Not sure if we will be one and done this year but i do see your points and concerns. This team at times does rely too heavily on Peyton at times and if he starts to struggle or we start turning the ball over the other parts of the monster need to step up more.

olathebroncofan
12-10-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm also concerned with our receiving corps. Even with tamme playing the slot in welkers absence, to me her is still a tight end. As seen with the hit on gronk, all it takes is one play. Are we deep enough, talent wise, should we have 2 wrs gi down like this weekend when we had welker and Decker out at the same time.

claymore
12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm also concerned with our receiving corps. Even with tamme playing the slot in welkers absence, to me her is still a tight end. As seen with the hit on gronk, all it takes is one play. Are we deep enough, talent wise, should we have 2 wrs gi down like this weekend when we had welker and Decker out at the same time.

In the Next 2 years we will have to take care or replace Decker, Thomas, and Welker correct? Hopefully we draft well. As far as Depth, Tamme is no welker, but he has soft hands. I like the dude for depth. I kind of like Bubba Caldwell too. He performs well when called upon.

If we had real difference makers on the bench, we couldnt keep them there.

underrated29
12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
2qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

claymore
12-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Not sure if we will be one and done this year but i do see your points and concerns. This team at times does rely too heavily on Peyton at times and if he starts to struggle or we start turning the ball over the other parts of the monster need to step up more.

I am preparing myself for the one and done this year. After losing high emotion games in NE and at Indy, I just dont have the faith. THose were playoff atmosphere games with good QB's. The argument to that is the KC games. But, I never really worried about those 2 games. I think they are paper tigers.

GEM
12-10-2013, 02:52 PM
No way, man!! SUPPPPPPPPPER BOOOOOOOOOWL!!!!!! **** yea!!!!

Hawgdriver
12-10-2013, 03:15 PM
♫♪♯♬ Ziggy played guitar... ♫♪♯♬

Hawgdriver
12-10-2013, 03:17 PM
North, I took a calculus class, and there was a formula where objectiveness ≠ fanaticism.

BTW I failed that class.

underrated29
12-10-2013, 03:19 PM
2qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

???

I didnt remember posting in this thread. Looks like the cat did.

As for topic- We will not be one and done unless we face the bengals or the ravens. Those are the only TWO teams I am worried about playing. INdy would be 3rd. The pats got super lucky from us and it took 2 turnovers inside our own zone for them to send the game to overtime. They were NOT turnovers that the pats forced! They were stupid mistakes by us. Plus, they did not get jack squat on us until we lost vick and drc and whoever else.

Hawgdriver
12-10-2013, 03:20 PM
It's rare to have a hands-down champion. Look at 18-1.

Look out, it's a trap!

So, yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat as you. But I do think we've got enough cowbell. I do.

Northman
12-10-2013, 03:21 PM
**** yea!!!!

Im glad your excited about my objective thread. I knew there was a reason i loved you.

Ziggy
12-10-2013, 03:53 PM
You and Joel driving this train(wreck). Bwahahahahahahah!

Dapper Dan
12-10-2013, 03:57 PM
I once did a crappy photoshop of Oz with a "More Cowbell" tattoo. I need to find that.

Dapper Dan
12-10-2013, 03:59 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/471511-How-did-brock-look?p=1818918#post1818918

VonDoom
12-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Turnovers and penalties are still the things that concern me the most. We did good with the first part this week, but the penalties are still insane. I think we were flagged THREE TIMES for block in the back on returns. Plus false starts (at home) and of course we've had our fair share of unsportsmanlike conduct this year.

Talent wise, I think we can beat anyone. I just think it's not realistic to expect them to drop 40+ in the playoffs. We have to be more disciplined and I think we'll be okay. I'm not going to get all gloomy and call for a one and done, so I guess I'm in the "one game at a time" camp (which is why I like this thread). We still haven't wrapped anything up yet; win, and it all works itself out. Though I do think the Pats are playing with fire and are due to drop one of these road games.

In a way, it's probably a silver lining that we don't have it all wrapped up yet (like the Seahawks do on the other side). We could be looking at a month of meaningless games or time off, and I think that would dull this team's edge. Ideally I'd like to wrap it all up after the Houston game to give us a little breather before the real work begins.

Northman
12-10-2013, 04:36 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/471511-How-did-brock-look?p=1818918#post1818918

It just doesnt ring the same without Walken.

Broncolingus
12-10-2013, 05:27 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyg9qkaETr1qjmdjbo1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0aqf1YGjW1qd4x3po1_500.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/13daf4b338f5b289eb4019e329c8e2f2/tumblr_mvss5mwOw11sa7ioio1_400.gif

Northman
12-10-2013, 05:35 PM
You and Joel driving this train(wreck). Bwahahahahahahah!

What are you trying to say there Ziggy? lol

GEM
12-10-2013, 05:41 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyg9qkaETr1qjmdjbo1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0aqf1YGjW1qd4x3po1_500.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/13daf4b338f5b289eb4019e329c8e2f2/tumblr_mvss5mwOw11sa7ioio1_400.gif

That was Davii's avy for ages over on Mania. :laugh:

Ziggy
12-10-2013, 05:46 PM
What are you trying to say there Ziggy? lol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

weazel
12-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I just want to see a game or two where the entire team plays well the whole game. Too often it's one side of the ball depending too much on the other. Yes I see that the team has a good record, but one dimensional teams have a harder time in the playoffs.

Northman
12-10-2013, 05:49 PM
I just want to see a game or two where the entire team plays well the whole game. Too often it's one side of the ball depending too much on the other. Yes I see that the team has a good record, but one dimensional teams have a harder time in the playoffs.

I think the last game was the closest we have seen to a complete game although we did go for it on 4th down a lot and i think part of that was Fox just didnt want the defense to allow the team back in it. Which will work ok with teams like Tenn but more competitive teams im not sure we will get away with that.

Ziggy
12-10-2013, 05:54 PM
The Broncos are using the 2012 Ravens blueprint. Play possum for most of the year and peak at the very end of the season and in the playoffs. Except this team is so good that playing possum still leads to a 11-2 record.

Ravage!!!
12-10-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm concerned we don't have the physical presence in the middle of our D. Watching San Fran vs Seattle last sunday just made me see that we just are NOT nearly that physical up front. Wolf needs to get BACK in the lineup, but Vickerson out really is going to have a dreadful impact.

Hawgdriver
12-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Like the man said, it's turnovers. The D ain't half bad. It's the turnovers. It's all about the turnovers.

I can expound. Dare I?

BroncoWave
12-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Shun the non-believer!

DenBronx
12-10-2013, 06:26 PM
This is the id rather believe in my team AFTER they win thread.

Hawgdriver
12-10-2013, 06:28 PM

Believe and hubris had a baby named disappointment.

Ziggy
12-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm concerned we don't have the physical presence in the middle of our D. Watching San Fran vs Seattle last sunday just made me see that we just are NOT nearly that physical up front. Wolf needs to get BACK in the lineup, but Vickerson out really is going to have a dreadful impact.

Losing Vick was a big loss, but Pot Roast has had a pro bowl caliber season. He's been a monster in the middle. I think that Sly will come on in the next few games as well. He played much better against Tennessee.

Hawgdriver
12-10-2013, 06:41 PM
♫♪♯♬ Ziggy played guitar... ♫♪♯♬

XXq5VvYAI1Q

Northman
12-10-2013, 06:42 PM

No. This is the "We have the tools but can we execute thread". Now shut your piehole.

DenBronx
12-10-2013, 06:44 PM

No. This is the "We have the tools but can we execute thread". Now shut your piehole.

Its the "I would bet against my team thread"

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
12-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Offense--The main problem is turnovers. I think having ZERO in the last game is a step in the right direction. If we don't turn the ball over, we don't beat ourselves. The biggest threat to the Broncos at this point with Gronk going down is the Broncos.

_efense--Our defense has been mainly inconsistent and injured this year. If we can get guys healthy and playing together, it'll improve. Also, the penalties, especially on 3rd down, have kept our defense on the field longer than it should be. If our defense can start getting off the field and giving up 3 instead of 7, then we've got enough to go the distance.

ST--Complete, utter ****. I don't know who our ST coordinator is, but I wouldn't be upset if he wasn't here next year. Only bright spot in this department is Prater.

Dapper Dan
12-11-2013, 08:21 AM
I think the last game was the closest we have seen to a complete game although we did go for it on 4th down a lot and i think part of that was Fox just didnt want the defense to allow the team back in it. Which will work ok with teams like Tenn but more competitive teams im not sure we will get away with that.

And we still gave up another Special Teams TD.

What's happened to our ST? We went from scoring TDs to giving them up.

Traveler
12-11-2013, 10:59 AM
My concern are the receivers too. But only from the standpoint of their aggressiveness and physicality. Decker seems to have stopped looking for a penalty flag as of late. And correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like when DT and Decker play against really physical secondaries, they are easily taken out the game. I like to see our receivers attack the ball more, especially DT. He's too big to be playing that soft against CB's.

Dapper Dan
12-11-2013, 11:36 AM
I think our receivers will be okay. We have DT, Decker, Wes, Julius, Tamme, and Dreesen. We have probably the best group in the league.

Buff
12-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Bunch of pussies in this group. Take a chance.

Buff
12-11-2013, 11:44 AM
My concern are the receivers too. But only from the standpoint of their aggressiveness and physicality. Decker seems to have stopped looking for a penalty flag as of late. And correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like when DT and Decker play against really physical secondaries, they are easily taken out the game. I like to see our receivers attack the ball more, especially DT. He's too big to be playing that soft against CB's.

The receivers are by far the least of my concerns on this team. Have you seen the defense play the last couple of weeks?

Northman
12-11-2013, 11:48 AM

Ok Raider fan.

NightTrainLayne
12-11-2013, 11:49 AM
The receivers are by far the least of my concerns on this team. Have you seen the defense play the last couple of weeks?

Couple of weeks?

I made a post after going to the Dallas game that we wouldn't accomplish anything unless the defense improved dramatically. . ..and I got a lot of pushback on that.

I woul argue that the defense hasn't gotten any better, and possibly worse since then. It's not just the last couple of weeks, it's been pretty much all season.

Buff
12-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Couple of weeks?

I made a post after going to the Dallas game that we wouldn't accomplish anything unless the defense improved dramatically. . ..and I got a lot of pushback on that.

I woul argue that the defense hasn't gotten any better, and possibly worse since then. It's not just the last couple of weeks, it's been pretty much all season.

The defense has gotten worse since then. It has been questionable all year - but it's been even worse in recent weeks. I think it was Legwold or Klis last week who pointed out that we haven't seen the defense this bad since Shanny/Slowick. At least previously I felt like teams couldn't run on us - now it seems like they can have their way on the ground or through the air.

BroncoWave
12-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Couple of weeks?

Yet we keep beating teams. And the two teams that did beat us lost their top receiving threats and seem less likely to beat us because of it. There is no one in the AFC who can outscore us IMO. My biggest concern right now is what the weather will be like in NY in February.

Buff
12-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Ok Raider fan.

Wait, shouldn't I be accusing you of being a turncoat? I am predicting a Broncos super bowl win. You are not.

NightTrainLayne
12-11-2013, 12:03 PM
The defense has gotten worse since then. It has been questionable all year - but it's been even worse in recent weeks. I think it was Legwold or Klis last week who pointed out that we haven't seen the defense this bad since Shanny/Slowick. At least previously I felt like teams couldn't run on us - now it seems like they can have their way on the ground or through the air.

I'm holding out hope that we see some sort of miraculous improvement heading into the playoffs, but history of the NFL shows us that time and time again, the offensive powerhouses eventually run into someone that slows them down just enough to beat them in the playoffs. . .unless they have at least an average defense.

The defense doesn't have to be top ten, but bottom ten just isn't going to cut it.

BroncoWave
12-11-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm holding out hope that we see some sort of miraculous improvement heading into the playoffs, but history of the NFL shows us that time and time again, the offensive powerhouses eventually run into someone that slows them down just enough to beat them in the playoffs. . .unless they have at least an average defense.

The defense doesn't have to be top ten, but bottom ten just isn't going to cut it.

No offense in NFL history has scored as many points as ours is going to, however. Who needs a defense when you are dropping 30+ on everyone? Not us!

Buff
12-11-2013, 12:06 PM

I'm not quite as concerned only because our offense is historically productive. Thus I think that buys us some wiggle room on defense - and we saw Manning win it all with his Colts Cover 2 that gave up like 200 yards rushing/ game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still concerned. But I think if we can just get back to being average then that should be good enough to compete against anyone in the AFC. I think that's doable over the next few weeks as these guys who haven't been playing as much start to get their legs under them. I just don't like how we're shuffling so many guys through the lineup. Continuity is key.

NightTrainLayne
12-11-2013, 12:10 PM
No offense in NFL history has scored as many points as ours is going to, however. Who needs a defense when you are dropping 30+ on everyone? Not us!

I'm not quite as concerned only because our offense is historically productive. Thus I think that buys us some wiggle room on defense - and we saw Manning win it all with his Colts Cover 2 that gave up like 200 yards rushing/ game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still concerned. But I think if we can just get back to being average then that should be good enough to compete against anyone in the AFC. I think that's doable over the next few weeks as these guys who haven't been playing as much start to get their legs under them. I just don't like how we're shuffling so many guys through the lineup. Continuity is key.

Just off the top of my head, the 1998 Vikings and the 2007 Patriots scored more points and had better offenses than anyone in the history of the NFL at the time.

How did they fare?

BroncoWave
12-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Just off the top of my head, the 1998 Vikings and the 2007 Patriots scored more points and had better offenses than anyone in the history of the NFL at the time.

How did they fare?

They lost on enormous flukes. Minny on a kicker who had not missed all season, and NE on the helmet catch. That's the most worrisome thing about the playoffs is the flukiness of the one-and-done format.

I honestly believe that if you replay that 07 Super Bowl 10 times, the Pats win 9 of them.

BroncoWave
12-11-2013, 12:16 PM
While we are cherry-picking individual teams, these are some super bowl champions and their defensive rankings:

2011 Giants- 27th in yards, 25th in scoring
2009 Saints- 25th in yards, 20th in scoring
2006 Colts- 21st in yards, 23rd in scoring

And none of those teams had offenses that produced at the historic level this one is. It's nice to have a good defense, but you can win a title without one.

NightTrainLayne
12-11-2013, 12:20 PM
While we are cherry-picking individual teams, these are some super bowl champions and their defensive rankings:

And none of those teams had offenses that produced at the historic level this one is. It's nice to have a good defense, but you can win a title without one.

We'll see.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a miraculous improvement in our defense.

Ziggy
12-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Peyton won a super bowl with a worse offense and a worse run defense than what he has on this team. Face it boys, it's destiny. Broncos win! Broncos win!

Northman
12-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Wait, shouldn't I be accusing you of being a turncoat? I am predicting a Broncos super bowl win. You are not.

I am predicting a hopeful championship this year. Ive never once said we wont win, just wait and see. Two different things entirely. Try to keep up.

Traveler
12-11-2013, 01:46 PM

Yup. Too many issues to mention. That's why we really need to offense to be at their best. Defense is too suspect at this point.

Traveler
12-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Its the "I would bet against my team thread"

You're more than welcome to leave this thread DB. ;)

BroncoFan85
12-11-2013, 02:00 PM
then throw your wife in she has a cow bell

Joel
12-11-2013, 05:30 PM
That's pretty much THE reason for both our losses. Manning struggled @NE and Moreno had to carry the offense singlehandedly; he had the best day of his career, but by the fifth quarter there was nothing left (kinda like his performance in last years playoff game.) Manning played well @Indy but his blockers left him running for his life, which caused two turnovers for at least 5 and arguably 12 pts; throw in two more turnovers that added 10 more and we were lucky to lose by a mere 6 pts.

Those and KC are the only playoff teams we've faced: If the rest of the Broncos play as they did in both KC games we'll go far; if they play as they did @NE and @Indy, one-and-done.

BroncoWave
12-11-2013, 05:44 PM
You know North, you are right, we should wait and see. I have been assuming this whole time it's Seattle we will beat in the Super Bowl. Who knows? Someone could upset them in the playoffs. For all we know it could be New Orleans or Carolina or someone else we knock off in the big game. Thanks for keeping us grounded, man!

Northman
12-11-2013, 06:30 PM
You know North, you are right, we should wait and see. I have been assuming this whole time it's Seattle we will beat in the Super Bowl. Who knows? Someone could upset them in the playoffs. For all we know it could be New Orleans or Carolina or someone else we knock off in the big game. Thanks for keeping us grounded, man!

I try.

Joel
12-11-2013, 06:36 PM
That, and do it from kickoff to gun, not play lights out for the first half (e.g. @NE) and take a forty minute shower, or blowoff the first half (e.g... well, like HALF our games) then turn it on in the second half to blow out a team that was either just behind, tied with or even AHEAD of us at the half. If they hadn't missed a 2 PAT right before halftime the JAGS would've been tied with us at halftime? Down 21-7 AT HOME to the REDSKINS because we kept scoring TDs for the wrong team? I'm sorry, but there's no way SB contenders let 3 win teams do that to them.

Get it the F--K together, Denver.

You're also right about the perils of being one-dimensional. The Ravens needed to string together a series of decent passes from Flacco (and more than a few dubious calls against us and Indy) to win the Super Bowl, and we can't afford to let playoff defenses tee off on Manning secure in the knowledge we can't hurt them with the run even if we try. The running games gotten better recently, but we still need consistent blocking from the line to make it feared. Even killing the clock with second half leads our season rushing total doesn't crack the top 20: Ikke bra. :tsk:

The Broncos are using the 2012 Ravens blueprint. Play possum for most of the year and peak at the very end of the season and in the playoffs. Except this team is so good that playing possum still leads to a 11-2 record.
Great, so PFM will announce retirement in three weeks and the League Office will hand him another Ring as a gold watch? Don't count on it.

Believe and hubris had a baby named disappointment.
Hubris ate nemesis, which goes a long way toward explaining those '98 Vikings and '07 Pats teams some are quick to dismiss. Or perhaps "Quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius;" at a certain point, the difference becomes semantic, a question of whether one is merely vulnerable to destruction or actively invites it.

They lost on enormous flukes. Minny on a kicker who had not missed all season, and NE on the helmet catch. That's the most worrisome thing about the playoffs is the flukiness of the one-and-done format.

I honestly believe that if you replay that 07 Super Bowl 10 times, the Pats win 9 of them.
Well, we replayed it once in 2011; same outcome. The '98 Vikings and '07 Pats believed their own BS and it cost them against teams far less convinced. No matter how many times we replay SB XLII, if Belicheat refuses a 45 FG attempt to go for 4th and 13, he always loses by that FG he didn't try.

The Giants are exceptional, but the '06 Colts featured the guy everyone seems to think guarantees us this years SB (just like he did last years,) even though the '09 Sants beat his defenseless Colts. Two years later they also set a season yardage record we need 465 yds/game to match, but a great offense without a defense is even money against ANOTHER great offense without a defense. Likewise, the '06 Bears Indy beat in the SB had an elite D but NO offense (one of the most pathetic SBs I've ever seen.)

Peyton won a super bowl with a worse offense and a worse run defense than what he has on this team. Face it boys, it's destiny. Broncos win! Broncos win!
The Seahawks offense is INFINITELY better than the '06 Bears; some college offenses are.

Joel
12-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Decker's been a lot more aggressive and less whiny the last couple weeks. It was perhaps most evident on his first TD @KC, where he responded to a grab and shove with a shove of his own that gave him separation inside and left him wide open for a deep catch at their 5 yard line. If we both get that far, it'll be interesting to see how our big but too often soft receivers fare against the Legion of Dope, whether suspensions and/or the refs refusal to let them continue ignoring PI, Defensive Holding and Illegal Contact rules even in the playoffs neuter them.

In recent weeks we lost our best DT for the season and our best DE indefinitely; ask NE what happens to a run D when the front four's missing its two best players. On the other hand, the REASON if far less relevant than WHETHER a playoff opponent runs us to death. They don't give out Rings or trophies for the Team That WOULD'VE Won It All Had They Been Healthy.:redface:

Dapper Dan
12-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Holy shit

Ziggy
12-11-2013, 09:09 PM
It's not about the team that plays the best during the season. It's about the team that plays the best during the playoffs and super bowl. That will be the Denver Broncos this year. Book it.

Buff
12-11-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm kind of loving this. Traditionally I would have been with all those tight wads talking about not jinxing the team, and how we need to improve, etc. etc. But eff all that noise - this is our year!

http://sportsweeksportslist.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/denver-broncos-1997-super-bowl-ring.jpghttp://sportsweeksportslist.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/denver-broncos-1998-super-bowl-ring.jpg

BroncoWave
12-11-2013, 09:42 PM
That's because you are a true fan, Buff! That's more than some on here can say.

NightTrainLayne
12-11-2013, 09:44 PM
That's because you are a true fan, Buff! That's more than some on here can say.

Good grief.

BroncoWave
12-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Good grief.

:lol: :fish2:

Thnikkaman
12-11-2013, 09:53 PM

Take a chance on what? Letting my wife stimulate my rectum? Sure.

BroncoWave
12-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Anyone who doesn't believe we are going to win the Super Bowl this year might as well just go cheer for the Raiders. :)

Thnikkaman
12-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Anyone who doesn't believe we are going to win the Super Bowl this year might as well just go cheer for the Raiders. :)

Anyone who emasculates someone else for not decreeing a professional sports team is going to win their respective championship on a fan message board needs to take a serious look at their priorities.

BroncoWave
12-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Anyone who emasculates someone else for not decreeing a professional sports team is going to win their respective championship on a fan message board needs to take a serious look at their priorities.

:lol:

(psst, my posts in this thread are playing along with the tongue-in-cheek nature of this thread. i thought my reply to dread made that clear. lighten up.)

Dapper Dan
12-11-2013, 10:04 PM
North came here to make his own thread. With blackjack. And hookers.

Y'all go back to your dumb thread.

Traveler
12-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Decker's been a lot more aggressive and less whiny the last couple weeks. It was perhaps most evident on his first TD @KC, where he responded to a grab and shove with a shove of his own that gave him separation inside and left him wide open for a deep catch at their 5 yard line. If we both get that far, it'll be interesting to see how our big but too often soft receivers fare against the Legion of Dope, whether suspensions and/or the refs refusal to let them continue ignoring PI, Defensive Holding and Illegal Contact rules even in the playoffs

LEGION OF DOPE! I like it.

Buff
12-11-2013, 10:14 PM
take a chance on what? Letting my wife stimulate my rectum? Sure.

#yolo

Joel
12-11-2013, 10:24 PM
It's not about the team that plays the best during the season. It's about the team that plays the best during the playoffs and super bowl. That will be the Denver Broncos this year. Book it.
I'd like to believe a months time is enough for that growing up Decker mentioned (and admit it DOES look like we've grown a little over the past month) but we're running out of time to get it right. There are no second chances in the playoffs; last year should've taught us that, and if it didn't, I doubt we'll learn in the next four weeks, though we may learn the hard way in five.

Ziggy
12-11-2013, 11:45 PM
:lol:

(psst, my posts in this thread are playing along with the tongue-in-cheek nature of this thread. i thought my reply to dread made that clear. lighten up.)

Shhhhhh, be vewwwy vewwwy sewious. We'we hunting pessimists and people wound way too tightwy.

Ziggy
12-11-2013, 11:47 PM
I'd like to believe a months time is enough for that growing up Decker mentioned (and admit it DOES look like we've grown a little over the past month) but we're running out of time to get it right. There are no second chances in the playoffs; last year should've taught us that, and if it didn't, I doubt we'll learn in the next four weeks, though we may learn the hard way in five.

In a hurry? The Ravens lost 4 out of their last 5 regular season games in 2012.

Joel
12-12-2013, 01:56 AM
In a hurry? The Ravens lost 4 out of their last 5 regular season games in 2012.
Great, so as soon as Manning announces retirement before the playoffs even start we'll be all set.

VonDoom
12-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Great, so as soon as Manning announces retirement before the playoffs even start we'll be all set.

No decrees from Manning. Bailey on the other hand ... I'm already on record as saying that'd be the best plan for the postseason. Champ has been a class act and a model NFL player. I'm sure the league would love to see him go out with a trophy, right? :lol:

Traveler
12-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Shhhhhh, be vewwwy vewwwy sewious. We'we hunting pessimists and people wound way too tightwy.

We expect a sincere apology from you if something bad happens. Just sayin'.....

tomjonesrocks
12-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Our weakness is our sterngth IMO. Our D sluffs off since it knows we have one of, if not THE greatest QB ever. We are mentally weak because we know Manning will make up for it. This will get us through the regular season, but it doesnt get us through the high emotion, important games. I see one and done in the playoffs, or a loss in the AFCCG. I write this because I dont want it to be true.

Pretty much echoes my thoughts to a T. I felt OK about the Colts loss--despite the emotion and everything Irsay did to rattle Manning plus the ankle injury on the Mathis hit--it still took a Hillman fumble to lose the game. Hardly an embarrassment.

The Pats loss though in addition? Effectively killed my remaining playoff optimism.

Am enjoying the season--but am not sold this is a SB team at all, unfortunately. The talent is certainly there, but my head says there's something missing between this team and teams that find ways to win those types of games.

BroncoWave
12-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Pretty much echoes my thoughts to a T. I felt OK about the Colts loss--despite the emotion and everything Irsay did to rattle Manning plus the ankle injury on the Mathis hit--it still took a Hillman fumble to lose the game. Hardly an embarrassment.

The Pats loss though in addition? Effectively killed my remaining playoff optimism.

Am enjoying the season--but am not sold this is a SB team at all, unfortunately. The talent is certainly there, but my head says there's something missing between this team and teams that find ways to win those types of games.

We have overcome 4 double digit first half deficits to win ballgames. We have found ways to win tough games. We went into Arrowhead in December and won as well. How often do we do that?

We have also won more games than any team in the NFL, so I'm not sure exactly what type of games you don't think we are able to win???

Buff
12-12-2013, 05:20 PM

Thank you, buzz killington.

GEM
12-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Thank you, buzz killington.

This whole thread is a buzz killington, buff. Join us on the bandwagon! ;)

Hawgdriver
12-12-2013, 05:22 PM
We have overcome 4 double digit first half deficits to win ballgames. We have found ways to win tough games. We went into Arrowhead in December and won as well. How often do we do that?

We have also won more games than any team in the NFL, so I'm not sure exactly what type of games you don't think we are able to win???

I read that as "We have overcome 4 digit deficits." I was like, that's ballin.

Buff
12-12-2013, 05:23 PM
This whole thread is a buzz killington, buff. Join us on the bandwagon! ;)

Good point - I keep getting the threads mixed up. It looks like it is me who is out of line here.

GEM
12-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Good point - I keep getting the threads mixed up. It looks like it is me who is out of line here.

It's ok, they keep trying to sully up the Super Bowl party over there anyways!

Buff
12-12-2013, 05:30 PM
This thread is brought to you by Eeyore.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/Buff_bronc_fan/Eeyore_zpsdd9f1a36.gif

Dapper Dan
12-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Stop spamming the threads you bad-mojoing sobs.

GEM
12-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Stop spamming the threads you bad-mojoing sobs.

That damn Northman started it!!

Northman
12-12-2013, 05:59 PM
I didnt do nothing.

GEM
12-12-2013, 06:35 PM
I didnt do nothing.

Sure ya didn't. :rolleyes:

BroncoWave
12-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I didnt do nothing.

Which means you did so something. :D

Dapper Dan
12-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Which means you did so something. :D

You take your English and get out of here.

NightTrainLayne
12-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Sure glad no-one can keep up with our offense...

Northman
12-12-2013, 11:32 PM

Lol

Buff
12-12-2013, 11:35 PM

I think it was a failure across the board. The defense couldn't get off the field, special teams made critical mistakes, Manning made mistakes, the o-line couldn't block. Fox missed a challenge (from my perspective)... They all had a hand in it.

NightTrainLayne
I mean... We don't need a defense really. Right guys?

Where are you at Super Bowl prognosticators? Do the Chargers have some magic that a playoff team won't have?

Slick
Not you too NTL. Oh man. I'm going to kill myself guys.

Northman
12-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Not you too NTL. Oh man. I'm going to kill myself guys.

No need to kill yourself. Its just a game.

Slick
12-12-2013, 11:40 PM
No need to kill yourself. Its just a game.

Don't go all Coach on me. Let me kill myself in peace man.

tomjonesrocks
12-12-2013, 11:50 PM
This loss doesn't mean us realists/pessimists are right-yet. Those that wanted Foxboro...boom. Romanowski would be proud.

Broncolingus
12-13-2013, 05:46 AM
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...

...like going into Gillette expecting to win.

Oh, I suppose eventually the odds will kick in and Denver will squeak one out at some point, but for the most part no...

...and, unfortunately, not this year with this team (and defense).