PDA

View Full Version : All aboard!!!!!!!!!

Ziggy
09-10-2009, 06:16 PM
As the dawn of the 2009 NFL season is now upon us, Broncos fans find themselves divided. I have watched the constant squabbling and division on not only this, but other Denver Broncos forums. The same arguments inevitably resurface in thread after thread, constantly tearing apart the fabric of fan fellowship. We have new coaches, new players, and new starters in many positions. There is much to speculate about, regardless of which side you stand on. The majority of the media have named the Broncos this year's disfunctional franchise. Some here agree, some don't.

I know one thing. Regardless of who the coach is, the GM is, or the starting QB is, these people all represent my team. We can complain, argue, whine, and stomp our feet all we want, but this is the hand that is dealt to us as Bronco fans right now. We can either stick with the team and be true fans, or we can jump ship. It's football people. I have been a bronco fan for over 35 years, and I have learned a few things during that time:
1. Every team in the NFL goes through down times. There are no exceptions.
2. If your life revolves around football, and it's not your full time job, you may want to re-think your priorities.
3. I have made the choice to enjoy my team, regardless of the circumstances. Win, lose, or tie, I will enjoy the game and the fact that I have a team that I can call mine. (Even if I don't own it.) Those who endured the Broncos of the early years know that it makes championships that much more rewarding when they finally do come.

As opening week is about to unfold, I propose that we switch alliances. Rather than the McDaniels vs. Shanahan sides, the Cutler vs. Orton sides, the Marshall vs. the Marshall basher sides, and so on... I say we have only two sides. The Broncos' side vs. the Broncos opponent's side. This week the Bengals are on one side of the line, and we are on the other. What say we draw the line in the sand, and all stand on one side of it together? Let's all support the guys wearing the uniforms of the Denver Broncos, regardless of the names on the back. Anyone can be a fan during the good times.

I don't know if this season will be considered good or bad as far as the final record is concerned, but I'm ready to enjoy the ride on the way to finding out. Life isn't always about the final destination. Many times it's the journey there that we end up looking back on and enjoying the most. The train is leaving the station this Sunday, and I've got a ticket in the front seat! (Although my wife will tell you that my train actually left the station long ago.) Anyone else coming?

Day1BroncoFan
09-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Color me in. :salute:

What happened to the other thread?

Superchop 7
09-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Lets rejoice in our un-necessary crappy season.

Day1BroncoFan
09-10-2009, 06:25 PM
The season hasn't started yet so how can it be crappy? Maybe it's just the attitued of some that's crappy.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Great post. I'm on the train.

honz
09-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Chugga, chugga, chugga, choo, choo!

honz
09-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Great post. I'm on the train.

Why'd you change your name again. Stop confusing me.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-10-2009, 06:30 PM
7nrsMj4MWQ4

Come on ride da traaaaaaaaaaain!@

:thrasher::thrasher::thrasher::thrasher:

Ziggy
09-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Color me in. :salute:

What happened to the other thread?

It went to thread heaven. My computer was confused and posted both....or maybe I was the one confused.:confused:

Day1BroncoFan
09-10-2009, 06:41 PM
It went to thread heaven. My computer was confused and posted both....or maybe I was the one confused.:confused:

I thought I was losing it there for a minute. :laugh:

Fan in Exile
09-10-2009, 06:48 PM
You know if it weren't for McDaniels we could have chartered a plane. :)

I'm on board, but we can't let Requiem pick the music I mean Jay Ski!!! Really!!!!

Foochacho
09-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Lets rejoice in our un-necessary crappy season.

Yea, those .500 seasons for the past 3 years were ******* awesome. How are we ever going to get to 8-8 without shanny and slowick?

LRtagger
09-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Great post, but I give this thread until tomorrow for it to be a 5+ page bicker-fest.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2009, 07:13 PM
ALL ABOARD ZIGGY - I'M WITH YA

:salute: GO BRONCOS :salute:

Lonestar
09-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I've been trying to figure our how to bring every one together this is a great start.. :salute:

let us hope it works..

Medford Bronco
09-10-2009, 08:08 PM
A win in week 1 would be a nice start.

horsepig
09-10-2009, 08:34 PM
A good, solid performance on both sides of the ball, win or lose, would make me happy (plus I really want to see our STs out-do the Bungals).

dogfish
09-10-2009, 11:16 PM
nice speech, general patton. . . . :D

frenchfan
09-11-2009, 12:42 AM
The train is leaving the station this Sunday, and I've got a ticket in the front seat! (Although my wife will tell you that my train actually left the station long ago.) Anyone else coming?great post !

I someone doesn't want his ticket, he can send it to me ;) :D

Some people should realize how lucky they are...
Personnally, I'd love to go to Invesco and attend to a Broncos game... I don't care who would be our coach or players... They'll have my support and my wishes...

And you know... Some people think talent and "names" are everything... It's not... Take French soccer's team for example... We have great players who plays in the greatest european teams... But as a team, we suck... We will be lucky to go the to next world cup despite having an "easy" group to qualify... What are we suppose to do? Kill everyone? pfff... it's just sports... i'll be mad if we don't make it... but I'll just be mad for a for hours or days... There are most important things in life (such as my wife's disease for example)...

Go Broncos... Just show your heart and I'll be more than happy... :salute: :beer:

BroncoWave
09-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Best post of the offseason. I'm on board!

Dirk
09-11-2009, 05:27 AM
I never got off the train! I'm with ya!

broncofaninfla
09-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Great post! 16-0 or 0-16 I'll always be a Broncos fan. I have been critical at times of Mcd and Xanders as a lot of the off season moves seemed to lack logic BUT these guys get paid to do what they do and I have to assume they know what they are doing. I hope they prove the critics wrong and shock the NFL this year.

EastCoastBronco
09-11-2009, 08:33 AM
I've been on this train since 1980.

That's all I've got to say about that...

camdisco24
09-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I've been on the train since my first visit to Mile-High!
I dont care how rough the season is, im just excited to have BRONCO FOOTBALL back in action!

TXBRONC
09-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Even with everything that's happened this offseason I'm looking forward to the game and hoping that Denver wins.

Dr Velcro
09-11-2009, 10:05 AM
I have a cold.

It's all in my sinuses.

I was up several times last night trying to blow my nose.

Note...I said trying.

It's Friday and I have a long weekend of cleaning, laundry, sneezing & trying to budget my lack of finances.

Then to the game on Sunday...then home to watch my own team play...avoiding all scores and talk of the Colts until I can see and enjoy the game for myself.

Sigh.

It's football season.

It's about damned time.

Christ.

drewloc
09-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Ziggy, I say sign me up! Win, lose, or draw, I'm ready for the regular season! :beer::salute:

Northman
09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Lmao!

Right on Ziggy. Win, lose, or Draw im on board to cheer these guys on. Seems to be a few people missing except for the one trolling earlier in here. Guess it was too much to ask to keep it a positve thread.

topscribe
09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Ziggy, if we had a classification for Post of the Year, I would want this one of yours considered.

Thank you for posting this . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

Lonestar
09-11-2009, 11:40 AM
I have a cold.

It's all in my sinuses.

I was up several times last night trying to blow my nose.

Note...I said trying.

It's Friday and I have a long weekend of cleaning, laundry, sneezing & trying to budget my lack of finances.

Then to the game on Sunday...then home to watch my own team play...avoiding all scores and talk of the Colts until I can see and enjoy the game for myself.

Sigh.

It's football season.

It's about damned time.

Christ.

take lots of zinc that will dry up the sinuses..

Dr Velcro
09-11-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm taking drugs to rid myself of symptoms.

Then I'm going to make everyone sick at the game on Sunday.

topscribe
09-11-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm taking drugs to rid myself of symptoms.

Then I'm going to make everyone sick at the game on Sunday.

If you see anybody in an orange & blue uniform, stay away from him . . . :heh:

-----

Dr Velcro
09-11-2009, 01:11 PM
If you see anybody in an orange & blue uniform, stay away from him . . . :heh:

-----

Noted...I'm going to be in the dirty Brown stadium.

dogfish
09-11-2009, 01:46 PM

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8895/retractableroof.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/i/retractableroof.jpg/)

TXBRONC
09-11-2009, 02:39 PM

What's wrong the Bengals stadium?

powderaddict
09-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Count me in, I'm just glad it's FOOTBALL season!!

broncophan
09-11-2009, 04:23 PM
so..............that light at the end of the tunnel really is a train.........

Just kidding.......still.....and always will be on board.....for 33 years now...

Will be wearing my bronco jersey at the game Sunday.......GO BRONCOS!!!

SOCALORADO.
09-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Great post, but I give this thread until tomorrow for it to be a 5+ page bicker-fest.

That guy in your sig will be the starter by the 2nd quarter, and DEN will win the game after he brings them back with two scores to tie, and then win the game.
!!!:shocked:!!!

Lonestar
09-11-2009, 04:52 PM
I got on back in SEP 1960 when I got tickets from a friends dad who bought season tickets as a payroll deduction plan at Sunstrand..

Vic and I went to every game that year and I bought the tickets from the Old man the next year.. and kept the season tickets till 1979 when I moved out of state for good..

almost went to the 1977 Superbowl just could not come up with the money for it.. had to pass my priority to someone else.. broke my heart..

Being a fan from upstate NY was a bear and then I moved to LA and only got to see them when they played SAN or the LA raiders.. or occasionally when they played another team.. on TV..

then Direct TV happened and until last year saw every game..

Chica_Ang
09-12-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm riding in the dining car...drinks on me!:beer:

Woot!