PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Running Game Shaping up Nicely

Ziggy
12-09-2013, 04:16 PM
In the last 3 games the Denver Broncos have ran the ball extremely well as the weather has become colder. This is a great sign for Denver coming down the stretch.

Last 3:
111 attempts
566 rushing yards
5.1 YPC average

Great job by the offensive line, tight ends, and the running backs. The Broncos have moved to 12th in the league in rushing yards per game. This may be the biggest factor in the playoffs. It looks like the switch has finally come on for Montee Ball. He's running with confidence, vision, and decisiveness. His pass blocking has improved as well. He and Moreno are starting to look like a potent 1-2 punch. This offense is a machine. I can't wait to see what they do in the playoffs.

broncosinindy
12-09-2013, 04:21 PM
15 touchdowns this year. Love that our offense is starting to peek a bit early but hope it cansustain

Northman
12-09-2013, 04:23 PM
The running game has been great this year, the best in quite a while actually.

powderaddict
12-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Ball has really turned the corner. He's becoming a real weapon.

broncosinindy
12-09-2013, 04:40 PM
No doubt about ball, the game has slowed down for him. We couldn't say our run game was any good last year. Definitely a better, more well rounded offense.

Joel
12-10-2013, 03:29 AM
The Titans game was definitely encouraging, because they actually HAVE a decent run D; running on the Pats and Chefs was just a reminder THEY don't. Ball looked good for the second week straight though, and the line was opening holes consistently, not just occasionally (like in the last KC game, though even then it was better than when they NEVER opened holes and HABITUALLY let defenders hit our backs at the handoff.) Our run blocking's been very hit and miss this year; it was outstanding throughout September, then awful, then got better the past couple weeks.

I'm still not sure where that leaves us; hopefully they're getting it together now and hitting at the right time so we're not one-dimensional going into the playoffs. Keep it up; make me a believer.

Broncolingus
12-10-2013, 12:03 PM
I agree...

...the Tit(ans) run defense is solid and Denver was able to move the ball effectively.

The run game overall, particularly the past several weeks, has looked very good and that bodes well for the playoffs.

I also am encouraged by Ball's touches (:D) ...sorry couldn't resist...

...getting him rolling going into the playoffs would be fantastic.

Keep up the fire!

Simple Jaded
12-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Who doesn't like their Balls getting touches?

Joel
12-12-2013, 01:51 AM
Who doesn't like their Balls getting touches?
And you had the nerve to ask why I filed for that restraining order. I'm sending you my therapy bills, FYI.:bath: