View Full Version : Mike McCoy guarantees a Charger win Thursday

Northman
12-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Per a report on FB anyway.

Chargers head coach Mike McCoy guarantees a win in Denver Thursday night Lmao

SR
12-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Per a report on FB anyway.

That's not what he said. He said they're not going to Denver to try to keep it close, they're going to Denver to win. Not verbatim, but close.

wayninja
12-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Can I still think he guaranteed a win? It will be more fun when they are crushed under the wintry heel of Peyton's booted ankle.

tripp
12-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Can't take these guys lightly. They'll be here to play spoiler. Any time you have Rivers you have a chance, as much as I hate the little loud mouth.

SR
12-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Can't take these guys lightly. They'll be here to play spoiler. Any time you have Rivers you have a chance, as much as I hate the little mouth.

I agree completely. Aside from Welker I'm glad the team made it out of this game relatively healthy. Thursday night at kickoff the temperature should be hovering around freezing so it won't be nearly as cold as today.

Joel
12-09-2013, 02:28 AM
Can't take these guys lightly. They'll be here to play spoiler. Any time you have Rivers you have a chance, as much as I hate the little loud mouth.
They'll be in Denver to keep their playoff hopes alive, knowing ANY loss now probably ends their season. Stay hungry, Broncos; till NE blows one of their squeakers they're right on your butt.

Broncolingus
12-09-2013, 06:43 AM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/C6XZ/philip-rivers/image.png

Joel
12-09-2013, 07:14 AM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/C6XZ/philip-rivers/image.png
Trivia question: Whose 70.3% completions leads the NFL? Hint: Not PFM. He can slice and dice that Charger secondary if the line keeps protecting him like they have the past month, but Alex Smith did, too, and still lost at home to Rivers and their offense. Defense needs to bring it Thursday; we're not playing Fitzpatrick and his banged up receivers again, and the Bolts tend to get hot in December. We may—MAY—be able to coast through our last two, even on the road, but we have one more serious opponent left, and can't afford to lose ANY games.

Northman
12-09-2013, 08:08 AM
I feel better about this game than i did the last one. I think we will be fine.

Dzone
12-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Listening to 104.3 Lombardi just said "Coming up , Mike MCCoys guarantee"...lol...cant wait

Joel
12-09-2013, 09:47 AM
I feel better about this game than i did the last one. I think we will be fine.
I'm just the opposite; the Bolts are a better team than Tennessee (who were at home and still had Locker when they beat SD by a FG.) They're also the last team that got to Manning with any kind of consistency, and (IMHO) took more than a few cheap shots in that game just as Tennessee did yesterday. The toughest part of our schedule began and ended with SD; I'll breathe a lot easier when they're behind us and we go on the road against two teams who only have half a dozen wins between them.

MasterShake
12-09-2013, 09:49 AM
The Chargers are definitely the most difficult team remaining on the schedule. The fact that they have an offense that is capable of scoring quick, are still in the playoff hunt, and get the Broncos coming off a short week is a little concerning. Having the Broncos playing red hot right now and at home in what looks to be much better weather (not that it matters apparently) still makes it hard to bet against Manning and company, though.

Its pretty cool to think that after this Thursday the Broncos close out the season in two warm weather games (in Oakland then in the Dome in Houston) and hopefully everyone is getting healthy and ready for a playoff run. There was a LOT of adversity in this run so far and they managed to only lose two games. You can't help but have a lot of confidence in the way this team is playing, especially if they can keep in the plus column on turnovers.

Northman
12-09-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm just the opposite; the Bolts are a better team than Tennessee (who were at home and still had Locker when they beat SD by a FG.) They're also the last team that got to Manning with any kind of consistency, and (IMHO) took more than a few cheap shots in that game just as Tennessee did yesterday. The toughest part of our schedule began and ended with SD; I'll breathe a lot easier when they're behind us and we go on the road against two teams who only have half a dozen wins between them.

This is why i feel better about this game this time around. The Broncos know how battered and beat up Manning got the last time so i think the team will do everything they can to make sure he isnt touched like the following week when we played KC at home.

Slick
12-09-2013, 10:53 AM
This is why i feel better about this game this time around. The Broncos know how battered and beat up Manning got the last time so i think the team will do everything they can to make sure he isnt touched like the following week when we played KC at home.

Since Welker will be out Green could get a few more snaps and help Clark over on the left side.

Ziggy
12-09-2013, 08:56 PM
We are going to run the ball right down the Charger's throats. Their defense is 31st in the NFL in YPC given up at 4.8. This game isn't even going to be close. The Broncos will dominate the Chuggers.

If anyone is wondering, the Broncos D is tied for 7th best in the NFL giving up only 3.9 YPC.

FanInAZ
12-09-2013, 10:12 PM
That's not what he said. He said they're not going to Denver to try to keep it close, they're going to Denver to win. Not verbatim, but close.

It amazes me that I could find only 2 internet sources, with Google, that acknowledging the statement. One is fairly reputable, but you have to pay to read the article. The other isn't reputable at all.

Mike McCoy: We're going to beat Denver on Thursday night

Read more at http://gazette.com/mike-mccoy-were-going-to-beat-denver-on-thursday-night/article/1510731#pvOxF75dqzUoW0Or.99

"We're going to beat Denver on Thursday night, not play close." Mike McCoy, head coach San Diego Chargers.

http://inagist.com/all/409848646356594688/

Bottom line, although the word "guarantee" didn't come out of his mouth, he did indeed state it as "a matter of fact."

Dzone
12-09-2013, 10:38 PM
He is motivated to win in his Denver homecoming. He just might pull it off. This game is going to be tough. Rivers is way better than Fitzy and our pass defense can be dreadful. He is going to go after Kayvon Webster in a big way. Chargers have a good offense with great receivers. Von Miller will need to cause some turnovers
We will win if we play like the second half yesterday

Joel
12-10-2013, 04:58 AM
We are going to run the ball right down the Charger's throats. Their defense is 31st in the NFL in YPC given up at 4.8. This game isn't even going to be close. The Broncos will dominate the Chuggers.
I want to believe that, but even after facing KC and NEs awful run Ds, followed by a good day against a decent Titans run D, our offense is only 22nd in with a 4.0 YPC. No longer (quite) bottom ten, but still not great; it needs to get much better before the playoffs so we're not a one trick Bronco, however good that particular trick happens to be.

If anyone is wondering, the Broncos D is tied for 7th best in the NFL giving up only 3.9 YPC.
Quite so, but we had our best DT (Vickerson) and Wolfe until our last two games; now Vickerson's on season-ending IR and Wolfe could join him if they don't figure out what's wrong with him.

I take nothing for granted against a divisional opponent fighting for a playoff spot. Fox and Del Rio are defensive coaches, but footballs rules, especially in the current NFL, make it hard for defenses to win a game outright; they usually have to settle for putting the OFFENSE in a position to win by keeping the score down, winning the field position battle and forcing turnovers. McCoy spent several years as Gases boss coordinating with Fox and Del Rio on how to do that. He and his team know ours well. That cuts both ways, but our bye was five weeks ago. ;)

Joel
12-10-2013, 05:02 AM
He is motivated to win in his Denver homecoming. He just might pull it off. This game is going to be tough. Rivers is way better than Fitzy and our pass defense can be dreadful. He is going to go after Kayvon Webster in a big way. Chargers have a good offense with great receivers. Von Miller will need to cause some turnovers
We will win if we play like the second half yesterday
The practical reality in todays NFL is every team has three starting CBs, not two; EVERYONE will pick on Webster from here on out if they can. We really need Champ healthy again in a big way. Whether he's in the slot or Harris is, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with the two of them and DRC than with Webster. That's not a shot at him; he's made some good plays and is a promising young CB, but he IS a rookie, and it shows too often. I'd prefer him to Carter at dimeback, but prefer Jammer to either if possible.

wayninja
12-13-2013, 12:37 AM
I bet he feels pretty foolish now for not actually guaranteeing a win.

Broncolingus
12-13-2013, 05:48 AM
Mike McCoy guarantees a Charger win Thursday

Guarantee or not...

...way to shut him and send a message there, Broncos.

:salute: