PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: John Fox sees light through darkness after nearly dying

Denver Native (Carol)
12-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Knocked to his knees and unable to breathe on the 14th hole, Broncos coach John Fox forgot about his par putt or the Super Bowl and began to wonder if Nov. 2, 2013, was destined to be the day he died.

Was his heart failing? How could he have been so stupid to delay a surgery needed for months? Would Fox see his wife or kids again? Was this any way for a coach's life to end: During the NFL bye week, playing golf with buddies, crumpled on the ground barely 200 yards from his home in North Carolina?

"When I was on my knees on the golf course, I remember praying to God: 'You get me out of this and I'll get it fixed.' That's how scary it was. ... It was like being smothered. I couldn't breathe," Fox told me Thursday, recalling those agonizing minutes when it appeared uncertain if he would live to see his 59th birthday, watch his young daughter grow up to be married or take one more ski run in the Rocky Mountains.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_24666737/kiszla-john-fox-sees-light-through-darkness-after-nearly-dying

I had no idea how bad he was on that day.